[Guide] How to beat 10c CHAOS HCWM page 2

232 posts

Flag Post

I am planning on doing it with a Chaos/KM fuse once i hit level 9001, pure attack with lots of accuracy and evasion, defense will help plus the higher evasion.

Flag Post

Updated my initial post to show the CHAOS set interface and the stats of the evolved CHAOS GLOVES.

I’ll start figuring out the non-US setup now. :D

Flag Post

What is the “Special” thing?

Flag Post

I think it would be fair if they made the mysterious item more useless like with fgm gloves. It’s extremely strong in its original form. But thats the least of the problems here, isn’t it?

Flag Post

The “Special” bar is like the “Overkill” skill in spirit. Large damage only fires on bosses. I think…

Flag Post

what did you use please?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dxb105:

what did you use please?

Asked him in chat earlier.
He wants us all to figure out on our own.

Flag Post

It involves an ultimate ice spear and a combo king medal thats fo sure ^^

Flag Post

Congrats on posting on the guide thread and you don’t want to share how you did it. -—.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconi:

Congrats on posting on the guide thread and you don’t want to share how you did it. -—.

You jelly ?

I can understand that it wasn’t TCN best idea to post it in accomplshments ànd guide without willing to share any starts (he should’ve kept it to accomplishments then…) , but still, that doesn’t mean you have to start insulting him. Keep the good posts you make, and usefull info, but for the love of god, loose the attitude.

Flag Post

He already posted in the accomplishment thread. That topic is the topic for gloating. This one is for people to share stuff about how to do it.

You jelly ?

Not really. Couple weeks from now I’ll be claiming my Ultimate set. I dislike the attitude from TCN because everybody else doesn’t have nearly 100 ascensions already.

edit:

V I believe people deserve to be treated accordingly. If he kept it to one thread (and if it was in this one, said something to not come purely as a show-off) I would applaud him instead.

Flag Post

Neither does he, TCN has 23 ascends under his belt.

As said previously, i agree on the point you’re willing to make (he should’ve kept his post to the accomplishment thread) , but there’s no need to insult people over it.

Flag Post

You know all you really have to do is get a full CHAOS set and fuse it with its self or CN stuff, then you could easily get 3500 and unob 17 gear. Unless im mistaken 0 chest casual CHAOS drops it on WM.

Flag Post

You are mistaken. I would be surprised if you ever were right, to tell the truth. “How to beat 10c CHAOS HCWM”. That’s why his armor has 17 unob.

Also the whole point of the discussion currently is getting the weapon without having to resort to the CHAOS gear. Sure you can try to get a bare-bones CHAOS set and enhance it and try to get 3500, but that’s twice the cost and the effort, and it’s not guaranteed (nobody tried it yet to tell if it works).

Flag Post

As I want to keep Draconi happy, and as people really want to follow in my steps, I’ll post some of my tips and tricks:

1) Get fully levelled ultimate ice spear. It’s the best weapon for this run, because of the massive attack, weaken effect and mana boost.
2) Scrap spirit. The “Chaos” skill doesn’t help if you can kill CHAOS already and slows down your run.
3) Use an unobed combo medal. This was the medal that got me the aura. The double hit bonus helped more than I thought it would.
4) Use the ring of mana. More mana = more power and defence from the “manapower” skill.
5) Have manapower on at all times.
6) Use Finality’s skill set. It’s what I used, plus some adjustments (mainly, scrapping basic attack for accuracy boost and crit chance)
7) Good luck. The thing that has ruined my runs so much is CHAOS’s constant aura spamming. Keep trying.
8) If you are really stuck, experiment with a CHAOS. No-one has tried it yet, and the FG isn’t used at all, so Chaos isn’t mandatory.

And on Draconi’s point of me being a “show-off” Yes, I do admit to bragging too often. Even Aurian muted me over it. I posted in this thread to show the aura can be gotten without the Ultimate Set, and I could have bragged much worse that I could have. No hard feelings :)

Good luck, everyone.

Flag Post
Originally posted by davidfranses:

You jelly ?

Heads up, interfering besserwisser Grandma coming through.

Lecturing someone on not being rude and while starting the post with “You jelly?” kind of robs you of the right to complain. There are few phrases that so quickly display a shitty attitude as that phrase, if you ask me. Don’t tell others not to do what you just did yourself.

That said, I agree with the spirit of what you said. I wouldn’t have posted it here as this seemed mild to me, but you have a point. As does Draconi. Posting the same thing in multiple thread to increase exposure is immature, and rarely done with any other purpose than showing off. Showing off has it’s moments, and a guide is not one of them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconi:

You are mistaken. I would be surprised if you ever were right, to tell the truth. “How to beat 10c CHAOS HCWM”. That’s why his armor has 17 unob.

Also the whole point of the discussion currently is getting the weapon without having to resort to the CHAOS gear. Sure you can try to get a bare-bones CHAOS set and enhance it and try to get 3500, but that’s twice the cost and the effort, and it’s not guaranteed (nobody tried it yet to tell if it works).

I dont see why you have to be sour about everyone’s ideas. CHAOS gear is freaking amazing without unob so whats the harm in getting it on casual 0 chest WM. Seems easier then farming for 24 hours with weaker armor like TCN did.

Flag Post

TCN did it because he tried. If nobody attempts it we will never find shortcuts. TCN’s method sure took a lot of time, but he probably got 10c CHAOS set while trying, which is vastly superior to 0c. So instead of spending money on 3 different sets (Chaos, CN or whatever → 0c CHAOS → 10c CHAOS), you can spend only on 2.

I’m not objecting using 0c CHAOS though. If you want to blow all your money on armor you’ll use for 5 minutes, go ahead.

edit: BTW, you can use gem of good luck for a 40% chance to get a max defense CHAOS armor piece (+167 defense per piece, compared to minimum). Thought it could come in handy, though it requires you to give up on trinket/IA to use it.

Flag Post

Does gem of good luck actually count when you get rewarded an item? Thought it only counted twards looted ones.

Flag Post

I had thought that reward items are fixed in stats

Flag Post

CHAOS armor pieces are loot drops. You gain them from killing (WM) CHAOS, not for beating SD.

Flag Post

well, you can also just wear the gem when you are about to kill CHAOS, right?
i suppose it still works

Flag Post

Can’t unequip WM gem outside a safe zone. But if you’re wearing other gem, yeah.

Flag Post

V: Thank you =)

Flag Post

There is a small chance to get them. 10% for 0c, +5% for every chest.