[Resolved] Problems restoring a backup from 2010 (locked)

15 posts

Flag Post

I recently decided to start playing this game again yet I cannot seem to restore my save file, I copied it into the SharedObjects/chat.kongregate.com folder in my flash player but no luck, any ideas?

Flag Post

Probably because it’s from 2010, so much has changed since then. The file might be corrupted, too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Probably because it’s from 2010, so much has changed since then. The file might be corrupted, too.

The file is OK as near as I can tell. The number of coins and my level should still work shouldn’t they? I was like level 850.

Flag Post

Given that the file format has been changed multiple times since then, I’m guessing that the current version of AI can’t/won’t read it. There’s also the fact that the file name changed at some point, and it may not be looking for the same file name anymore…

Flag Post
Originally posted by offsides:

Originally posted by adv0catus:

Lol. I think you two should find something better to do than talking of stuff you know nothing about. File transfer is working just fine. Also there’s no such thing as “file format change”.

@JoeySkywalker: if you PM me your file I could try to find what’s causing your problem. If it’s something I can’t fix I could at least recover some things from your file if you like.

Flag Post

@Draconi Could you do that for me too? I have a file from 2011 and it toesn’t work either…

Flag Post
Originally posted by FrancBed:

@Draconi Could you do that for me too? I have a file from 2011 and it toesn’t work either…

I will take a look at yours. I will pm you my email adress.

Flag Post

Guys I heard that all pre-explosion file wont load anymore actually. Didnt Tukkun change that at some point? I think you get some kind of bonus or something to start with if you were pre explosion but it doesnt do what it did before, which was multiply all your currencies and all that.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Draconi, I’m not trying to lie or anything. This is what I’ve actually heard before, that pre explosion files wouldnt work properly past some point. And that you would just start at some arbitrary level or something. It could be wrong but its not that I’m making it up.

Flag Post

I’m certain I heard something similar, that since one of the more recent updates, super-old files won’t work anymore.

Flag Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrjFPYQdDr0

Flag Post

In case anyone is wondering the problem was not the age of the files, it’s the fact that I use Chrome. I found an answer on a different thread that worked:

“I had the same problem, the trick is that instead of saving normally it saves on another place:
C:\Users\colossus\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\HVUP67SH\chat.kongregate.com
Where colossus is the user (in my case colossus), and HVUP67SH is just the random letters and numbers (could be anything)
Hope I helped,
Mirormi”

Flag Post

Your save-file should work in pretty much every version, I have moved files from v1338 to 15xx and such, I have also moved them the other way. The game will read all the variables it needs and write the ones it doesn’t have doesn’t matter the age as long as the variables are named the same.

Flag Post

I’ll take that as a resolved issue then. Simply place the file in that Chrome specific folder and everything should be fine.