[Guide] -Infinity for Dummies. v1553.

60 posts

Flag Post

THE LEGENDARY WARRIOR OF THE PAST

Originally posted by tsukinomai:

Nothing in this guide is mandatory, but without following most of it’s tips you’re just wasting that area’s potential. Plain and simple.

-Infinity is a zone in Battle Arena. It can be a great place for idling once you get rank 70.

Pros.:

• Decent exp/minute rate allows to get levels fast
  • High spawn rate and monsters dying from 1 hit allow you get bestiary levels fast.
    Once you have lvl 4 bestiary for some monster, you get 0.1% all boosts every time you kill this monster. This helps to keep boosts high even when you are idling and can’t spray ants.

Cons.:

• Relatively low coins and crafting material.

Requirements:

• Rank 70
  • VIP ticket. Purchase it in Feature Shop
  • Bestiary. Unlock it for 1000000 pixels in Battle Arena menu
  • Ranged weapon with fast attack speed. You can craft a cheap one, i.e. fire gun or laser gun.
    A polearm as a weapon. Awl Pike or Bill Hook, for example. You need at least lvl 2 lrn2craft recipe to craft polearms.
    Weapon attack is unimportant at this zone
  • Invisible X invisible ally. How to get it — see below.

Travelling to -Infinity

• In Battle Arena move to the right until you reach Triangle Land.
    Warning! Most of zones you travel through are dangerous for you. You should not stay at them for more than 5 seconds, otherwise spawning monsters will kill you.
  • Click on the hole to the right.
    You will enter Hole of Time.
  • This is a safe zone, you may take a rest here.
    From Hole of Time you can enter -Infinity by clicking the greeen thing to the right.

Getting Invisible X (IX) invisible ally (IA):

1. Travel to Hole of Time.
  2. Equip Protection ring if you have one. Make sure you are on Casual difficulty.
  3. Enter 2012: Ye Olde Pub (brown helmet in Hole of Time).
  4. Kill Invisible X until you get it’s invisible ally. The chance of getting ally is 1% per each kill. Invisible ally drops when Invisible X has a yellow border around it’s name (this means that the monster is a rare one). Invisible ally loot drop looks like a small scroll, make sure to collect it.
  5. There’s a chance that Chuck Norris will spawn and kill you. If you do not have Protection ring, try to press menu before he kicks you. Otherwise just let him kill you, this is not a big problem. Return to 2012: Ye Olde Pub and try to get IX IA again until you are successfull.
    IX IA is #1 in IA list.

Note: although it takes 100 kills in average to get IX IA, sometimes it does not drop for quite a long time. This does not mean it will never drop. Be patient.
And yes, you REALLY need it. Without Invisible X invisible ally idling -Infinity loses most of it’s benefits.

Idling at -Infinity:

1. Equip IX IA. You will enter Worst Moon (WM) mode. Be careful: while in WM mode, you are severely crippled and can die in zones that were easy for you before.
    You also get slightly more rewards. You can quit this mode anytime you want by unequipping IX IA.
  2. Set dificculty to hardcore.
  3. Equip encounter or experience ring if you have it.
  4. Put as many skillpoints in reward-increasing skills as possible. Learner skill is especially good.
  5. Finally, you are ready to idle -Infinity. Enter it from Hole of Time.

Mastering -Infinity invisible allies
Mastering invisible allies of zones you are idling at is never a bad idea. It significantly increases rewards you get from killing the monster whose ally you have mastered.
However, taming and mastering -Infinity allies is not mandatory at low levels.
You can successfully idle there without them, if you do not want to bother.

To master an IA you need to:

• tame it.
    There’s a little chance that a monster will drop an almost invisible scroll that is IA.
  • select it.
    -Infinity IAs are ##296-300 in IA list.
    Note that you will leave WM mode once you select IA different to IX. This will decrease the rewards you get for the time you are mastering IA. But once you finish mastering -Infinity IAs and equip IX IA again, you will get significantly more rewards for killing monsters there.
  • train it.
    kill monsters that are equal or higher level compared to the monster whose IA you are mastering.
    All -Infinity monsters are level 1, so you can master them by killing any enemies.
  • master it.
    Once your IA reaches 10000 exp, it is mastered. Congratulations! Now you can master another one, or enter Worst Moon mode and get all the exp you have missed.

For more detailed information about invisible allies, see Draconi’s guide.

Note: -Infinity mobs have very low chance to drop IA. Do not wonder if you will not get any for quite a long time.

In Conclusion:
Good luck! You don’t really need it there, but anyway!
Also, check my Dark Pyramid Guide

Thanks to many nice players in chat and forum. And big thanks to Tukkun for this awesome game!

Flag Post

Great now i can link this guide in chats. Thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by lackinglack1:

Great now i can link this guide in chats. Thanks

Thanks.
Well, that’s the only reason I made it.

I guess I will add a chapter about raiding DP at low ranks for the same reason. Maybe anything else?

Flag Post

Mention how to mine well perhaps. ?

Flag Post

First you tell me how to mine well. ;)

Flag Post

There’s a thread about it already though…. maybe just link to it in here? I dont know. I’m not the expert at mining but obviously Boss Damage, speed, critical chance, critical damage, double hit chance are pretty key components. Perhaps other things as well

Flag Post

I am not sure when ??? potions are unlocked from the pyramid, but you should include to use those (or the extremely expensive cursed pendant) for a nightmare buff as well, which combines with WM’s reward multiplier for some very good rewards (I think at my end game gear I could get +900% coin and +600% exp and pixel with full combo and those settings)

Flag Post

Well, i know how to mine effectively at high rank/level, but never did it on low. The problem is that new players usually can’t figure out when following the “right” recommendations/guides cause them to waste too much time/resourses. And high-levels usually do not know / do not remember how it works at low, misleading new player with fail advices.
Once someone recommended me to fully level and enhance to 10/9 with lvl 6+ rocks PS3 and SMG before fusing them. I bet i could already get G1 by the time i finally fused SMG+PS3, all due to a “good” advice.

Same thing is about mining. Probably someone who goes deep into mining at low ranks will make a good guide for it.

Originally posted by Beeshrine09:

I am not sure when ??? potions are unlocked from the pyramid, but you should include to use those (or the extremely expensive cursed pendant) for a nightmare buff as well, which combines with WM’s reward multiplier for some very good rewards (I think at my end game gear I could get +900% coin and +600% exp and pixel with full combo and those settings)

It is level 5 Pyramid recipe, 72m pyramid score. Very far from what you can get at rank 100-. I don’t think it should be added. An in-depth -infinity guide should contain using epic rate, apocalypse, mastering low-lvl IAs and so on, but this is not it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by asmodeojung:
And high-levels usually do not know / do not remember how it works at low, misleading new player with fail advices.

Amen. Sad, but true.

Also, yay layout!

Flag Post

It’s certainly not necessary to do so, but I found it to be worth the time to obtain and master the IAs in -infinity when I was at the stage of the game. It didn’t take that long to do so, and the increased experience and epic rates were nice. I’d imagine it’d take more time than most casual players are willing to put in, though…

Flag Post

Until when you recommend to idle in -infinity with this guide?

Flag Post

cursed pendant is also nice to have

Flag Post

Avoid using a ranged weapon but a polearm that can reach the spawning point of the monsters can help.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vaajper:

cursed pendant is also nice to have

with the time you can afford a cursed pendent you already can idle more exp giving places.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Worst_master:

Avoid using a ranged weapon but a polearm that can reach the spawning point of the monsters can help.

What weapons reach that far?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Worst_master:

What is the benefit?

Flag Post

The benefit is that you kill things faster. With a ranged weapon, the projectile must travel to the monster before it hits, whereas a weapon that reaches spawn point (technically not correct any more, as they have time to walk a tiny bit before autofight kicks in) will hit almost instantly. It probably seems like such a tiny difference it’s hardly worth noticing, but if you add up that tiny wait for each monster you kill, it adds up to a lot in the end.

Flag Post

Aurian, thanks.
I edited it.
Also, didn’t notice before that monsters spawn closer to left when you use melee weapon.
Closer spawn means higher chance to autocollect loot drops while idling.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

How much of this stuff is actually a true Requirement?

Sounds like you can use a laser gun or whatever, except with slightly lower rewards.

How about the Invisible X ally or whatever? Is that required to enter the zone or does it just increase rewards?

Same with hardcore I presume? Just more rewards?

Technically can you just buy this Pass doodad and then waltz straight to -Infinity zone from Hole of Time, then start grinding away?

Flag Post

Yes, you can do that. The other things are just to maximize rewards.

Flag Post

IX greatly increases spawn rate and allows for epic monsters to spawn. Without it you’ll be better off grinding whatever area you can beat normally.
Polearm weapon simply increases the amount of enemies you’ll be able to kill per hour.
Hardcore diff in -∞ doesn’t make monsters any harder to kill, as they’re pathetically weak, so turning it on never hurts.
Mastering allies is simply a good idea.

Nothing in this guide is mandatory, but without following most of it’s tips you’re just wasting that area’s potential. Plain and simple.

Flag Post

I tried this stuff out last night and PROPS for the great guide.
The only things I had to figure out was that the VIP is mandatory, I go all the way to the Right, click the cave to get to the Hole of Time.
I actually had great luck in 2012 with a laser gun. 6+k XP per kill for gunning down fast-spawning Invisible Xs. Course Chuckey eventually came and kicked me so hard I flew thru time to the normal pub. (ty ring of protection!)
Never could get the X drop or whatever, but Ill keep working on it.

Thanks again for the great guide. Wish I had this one for when I was too wimpy for desert/beach.

Flag Post

From personal experience, some people seem to like idling there long after it stops becoming really effective (for example, level 2000). At what level would you recommend moving on to another area, and can this be added to the guide?

Flag Post

I dont think level 2000 is too long at all. Remember the MAIN reason to idle here is to maintain boosts. You arent going to be able to get maxed epic skills for a long time. Plus you can get TONS of green coins here to keep raising your max boost with. If you can even afford Cursed Pendant you could stay in -infinity until level 3000….