[Old][Guide] Dark Pyramid for Dummies. v1553. page 2

64 posts

Flag Post

My guy is rank 190 now, level 1400ish. I use power attack exclusively. Quick attack doesnt seem to be any faster than my basic attack. Mana doesnt seem to be a problem for some reason…presumably due to some skill or whatever that gives mana on kill. I have fused pyrabow and got 45M damage (+4). 25 attack speed with it now. Enrage buffs.

What exactly does Mastery do? I have the mastery ring but couldnt find any definition…I kept finding stuff like Weapon Mastery skill etc which is different.

Thanks for the advice. I hoped my attk pot would push me to +5, along with a few extra pts in attack speed and power attack. Didnt really do much.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joemama1512:

My guy is rank 190 now, level 1400ish. I use power attack exclusively. Quick attack doesnt seem to be any faster than my basic attack. Mana doesnt seem to be a problem for some reason…presumably due to some skill or whatever that gives mana on kill. I have fused pyrabow and got 45M damage (+4). 25 attack speed with it now. Enrage buffs.

What exactly does Mastery do? I have the mastery ring but couldnt find any definition…I kept finding stuff like Weapon Mastery skill etc which is different.

Thanks for the advice. I hoped my attk pot would push me to +5, along with a few extra pts in attack speed and power attack. Didnt really do much.

Quick Attack gets better as you put skills into it: I’ve noticed that rank 0 quick attack is about the same as max rank regular attack, but if you put the points into quick attack it gets much, much faster. Might want to play around with putting some points into it and see if that changes your perspective. I haven’t tried using quick attack in the DP recently, power attack seems to be the best as far as I can tell.

Mastery increases your minimum damage, plain and simple.

Since your damage is reduced in the Dark Pyramid, a Master Potion will do you a lot better than an Attack potion. If you really want to maximize DP damage you’ll want to ignore loot buffs and health/defensive buffs and focus solely on offensive abilities, particularly mastery and crit related abilities(in my case, I used Power attack, strength enhancement, dex enhancement, invisible weapon, accuracy boost, weapon mastery, a few points in Mana Eater to make sure I didn’t run dry, combo power, combo critical, weapon booster, critical force, critical chance, double hit. Not all maxed, don’t recally the precise allotment). Attack power has a reduced effect but a crit will still double your damage, and mastery increases the minimum you can do.

For perspective, at rank 147 I was able to EASILY obtain +5 (made it to about 128M damage in fact) with a Pyrabow, fully offensive spec and Master Potion. Speed ring is also key; using mastery ring with the same spec I only did about 90M, using power ring I did less than 80M.

Flag Post
Originally posted by blaisem:

Of note for beginners is that using a mana pot interrupts your attack, so spamming W is not a good idea. I have lost 10-20% of my damage potential doing this before I realized the mistake.

Also, anything with attack power bonuses (including from IA) is severely weakened; so, a good IA that can be equipped early on is one that gives +mastery or one from the pyramid itself that provides passive +non boss damage. If neither are available, the highest level one with enrage (Thunderbird/Fenix, Giant Rat) is good. Enrage modifies damage as opposed to attack power so it’s unaffected by DP nerfs.

This is also why mastery potion or Enrage (if mastery maxed) are better than power potion, and why upgrading attack power does not give nearly as much bang for your buck as you might expect.

Yes and when you explain how someone can keep an Enrage buff going for 3 minutes and 20 seconds I will take this into consideration. Until then, I will keep using my Buff Boost-enhanced Power Potions, thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lackinglack1:

Of note for beginners is that using a mana pot interrupts your attack, so spamming W is not a good idea. I have lost 10-20% of my damage potential doing this before I realized the mistake.

Also, anything with attack power bonuses (including from IA) is severely weakened; so, a good IA that can be equipped early on is one that gives +mastery or one from the pyramid itself that provides passive +non boss damage. If neither are available, the highest level one with enrage (Thunderbird/Fenix, Giant Rat) is good. Enrage modifies damage as opposed to attack power so it’s unaffected by DP nerfs.

This is also why mastery potion or Enrage (if mastery maxed) are better than power potion, and why upgrading attack power does not give nearly as much bang for your buck as you might expect.

Yes and when you explain how someone can keep an Enrage buff going for 3 minutes and 20 seconds I will take this into consideration. Until then, I will keep using my Buff Boost-enhanced Power Potions, thanks.

How politely you’ve informed me. Well it sounds like you know what you’re doing – far be it from me to stand in your way!

Flag Post

So far I do best in DP using ranged weapon + power attack with a mastery potion on.
The unique bonus of light glaive helps, probably without it melee+SKB would be better.
Talking about mana: true. Just don’t spam it, restore only when it is low.

Getting high mastery without mastery potion is not easy. Ofc. you can set several bonuses to it, but I think bonuses can be used more effectively with non-boss on weapons and crit on armor. So IMO mastery pot is a must when you already have enough speed and 2x hit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by savag3blow:

I know this is a guide for new players so what I’m about to say might not really apply, but if you make an EC set full of epic monster rate, and exp/epic, you can get absolutely insane exp inside the pyramid. I stacked my epic rate to about 1500%, exp to 500% with 250,000 extra exp /epic and I managed to get between 22-30bil exp per run. This is one of the best ways to level in an impossible ascension without having to spend much resources I think.

How would one go about doing this? o.o I am going to try xp

Flag Post

How about the mastery ring? It gives an insane 90% mastery, with only 5 pts in Weapon Master thats maxed at 95%. Going from 10% to 100% dmg to 95%-100% dmg is an increase of um… 55% ave dmg to 97.5% ave dmg. Thats almost doubling your DPS. I guess if you have high enough weaponmaster and the mastery pot that would bring it to what? 80%?
If you dont use mastery ring, which ring DO you use? The crit one Id assume?

I still am stuck at +4. Though I finally got a +4 bow and evil sword that I forged, which will give me a good boost over prev +2 one. That plus mastery pot and crit ring and maxed wpnmaster should give me enough improvements to hit +5…tho barely.

Accuracy doesnt matter in DP does it?

Flag Post

You shouldn’t even need the 5 points in weapon master, base mastery is 5%, mastery ring puts you up to the cap. But yes, if you are going to use the mastery ring, you probably don’t want to be using a mastery potion as well, power is the easiest second option there, or if you can manage it, go with elemental boost or enrage, both of which work very well in the pyramid.

Also, you are correct, accuracy is basically useless in DP as all the enemies have only 1 evasion. It does give very minor bonuses to crit chance, but there are far more efficient ways of getting that to 95% without adding extra accuracy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Clusterone666:

I know this is a guide for new players so what I’m about to say might not really apply, but if you make an EC set full of epic monster rate, and exp/epic, you can get absolutely insane exp inside the pyramid. I stacked my epic rate to about 1500%, exp to 500% with 250,000 extra exp /epic and I managed to get between 22-30bil exp per run. This is one of the best ways to level in an impossible ascension without having to spend much resources I think.

I wrote exactly how you do it…Use full EC armor, unob pendant, lv500 dominator gem, neon skin, get all epic rate, atk % and exp/epickill bonuses and do casual WM pyramid runs. I was also using a lv500 light glaive, with non-boss dmg bonus. As long as you have that, damage shouldn’t be much of a problem. Each epic killed gave me 45mil exp, and with 1500% epic rate, they appear very often.

1% epic rate (1.95% with masted IA’s) x1500% = 29.25% chance of epic.

With quick attack 1 hit ko’ing, I kill roughly 2300 monsters per run. 2300×.2925 = 672 epics killed.

672 × 45mil = 30.24bil exp.

Flag Post

I wrote exactly how you do it…Use full EC armor, unob pendant, lv500 dominator gem, neon skin, get all epic rate, atk % and exp/epickill bonuses and do casual WM pyramid runs. I was also using a lv500 light glaive, with non-boss dmg bonus. As long as you have that, damage shouldn’t be much of a problem. Each epic killed gave me 45mil exp, and with 1500% epic rate, they appear very often.

1% epic rate (1.95% with masted IA’s) x1500% = 29.25% chance of epic.

With quick attack 1 hit ko’ing, I kill roughly 2300 monsters per run. 2300×.2925 = 672 epics killed.

672 × 45mil = 30.24bil exp.

Alright thank you :) But which armor is the EC armor? :O and how do I get it? Item crafting? Or drop?

Flag Post

Alright thank you :) But which armor is the EC armor? :O and how do I get it? Item crafting? Or drop?

The Emperor’s Clothing. You can find it in the Item Crafting under Armor. It requires Rank 500 to wear it, level 5 Secret Recipe and costs 1000SCM per piece.

Presumably any rank 500 armor would work, just that EC is easier/cheaper to get.

Flag Post

Oh ok cool thank you. :)

Flag Post

Woops thought I was in the Mega thread! ;)

Flag Post

Are Dark Pyramid weapons the best weapons? I just reached +7 today, and I’m starting think that there is no limit to the pyramid.

I could probably push +8 if I went all out. At rank ~260, level 2500, when should I move to a different set of weapons that is better than +8?

Thank you!

They are not.

You get access to much better weapons when you progress in game.

Probably the first weapon to replace PB with is Glaive.

Flag Post
Originally posted by asmodeojung:

Are Dark Pyramid weapons the best weapons? I just reached +7 today, and I’m starting think that there is no limit to the pyramid.

I could probably push +8 if I went all out. At rank ~260, level 2500, when should I move to a different set of weapons that is better than +8?

Thank you!

They are not.

You get access to much better weapons when you progress in game.

Probably the first weapon to replace PB with is Glaive.

Hi asmodeojung. Thanks for your response.

I just checked the Glaive. It has 3 lower ranks than my Pyrabow and 6 fewer unobtanium enhancements. It has the potential to be leveled more; will that make up for this deficit do you think? What is it about the Glaive that makes it better?

Flag Post

this:
pretty cheap solution to get a SD-worthy weapon

(anyone with better/cheaper/more efficient solution, post below)

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkmarty:

this:
pretty cheap solution to get a SD-worthy weapon

(anyone with better/cheaper/more efficient solution, post below)

Thanks for the post. What enhancements did you use on the Glaive before finalizing? Also, is there any way to increase the probability of an evil sword dropping? It seems to be around 15% for me right now.

Flag Post

He meant cheap as in “I ascended multiple times and make billions of pixels a day” cheap. That’s light years away from “I still think Pyrabow +7 is the best weapon ever”.

Flag Post

I was beginning to suspect that myself from the 3 Unobtanium Enhancements.

Flag Post

Stats on this Glaive are really impressive. You probably can’t make that good one until you ascend several times, as Draconi said.
Anyway, even a not-so-good Glaive is good for idling, as soon as it kills things fast and allows you to collect much more loot.

I think fusing with ES any polearm (hopefully a good and a well-enhanced one) you can get gives a nice idling weapon while you still use PB for anti-idling.

Yet I am not sure, there’re many options now, try to experiment.

I was beginning to suspect that myself from the 3 Unobtanium Enhancements.

All 3 come from ES.

Flag Post

ehr… well, actually the weapon i posted i made it at lvl 3k…
lvl 10 and 9 attack rocks from boxes and filled it up with special weapon relics… it costs a lot of Q… but i was impatient… so yes… it’s easy to make
also… the uno3 bonus comes from the evil sword uno 6 as secondary… so… didn’t use expensive stuff to get it (which was already answered…)
i know it’s far from perfect but that was out of the question.

Flag Post

I have never looked at Evil Sword after Tukkun changed it. It’s strong, has double the non-attack stats compared to top weapons, it’s free and easy to obtain. Why something like that has no “cannot fuse” tag?

Flag Post

i don’t know.. but i would imagine if it’s changed like this, it’s fine to: Exclusively fused with pyrabow (and for pyrabow vica versa)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconi:

I have never looked at Evil Sword after Tukkun changed it. It’s strong, has double the non-attack stats compared to top weapons, it’s free and easy to obtain. Why something like that has no “cannot fuse” tag?

PB has the same stats, except for accuracy and crit that are swapped.

Originally posted by darkmarty:

i don’t know.. but i would imagine if it’s changed like this, it’s fine to: Exclusively fused with pyrabow (and for pyrabow vica versa)

I would imagine that both get nerfed.
It’s nice to have access to good weapons early on, but PB and ES are much too strong.
It makes other weapons mostly useless.

Flag Post

There seems to be a nerf. The life span is capped at 30 days, no life bonus rocks allowed. Previous iterations don’t have this change, though!