[Mini Guide] Cheap deck for easy farming in FCG

54 posts

Flag Post

Hello,
since the other threads about the Tukkun FCG can be rather hard to understand for new players (like myself) and are mostly about decks for killing the Legendaries, I wanted to show the deck I use to farm the Level 4 opponent. He gives good experience, cash and, most important, upgraded cards.
Credits go to Reorx8 and Fexghadi, the deck actually came from one of their deck collections. I don’t want to steal the idea, but since it took me quite long to find it, I decided to point it out here.

Level 4 Farm Deck

PvP / Deck Load Code: 
18,18,18,20,20,20,20,26,97,110,110,110,130,130,130,130,130,130,150,150,199,213,213,225,225

Deck List:
3 (Upgraded) Instant Red
4 (Upgraded) Instant Yellow
1 (Upgraded) Energy Supercharge
1 Mini Magi
3 (Upgraded) Perma-Monster
6 (Upgraded) Time Warp
2 (Upgraded) Greater Heal
1 Invisible Zebra
2 Defense UP
2 Yellow Hydra

I currently have a 26 win streak and your win rate should be pretty high, I guess (without much testing) about 90+%.
You will need 13400 cash to build this deck, but you should be able to get this from levelling up and beating the Level 1 enemy a few times.
I used the following deck to build up cash (from Reorx8’s Deck List).

Regiment

FCG Cash Cost: 2167

PvP / Deck Load Code: 

Deck List:
7 Red Generator
3 Energy Charge
2 Cockatrice King
2 Mini Magi
5 Perma-Monster
3 Time Warp
1 Defense Removal
2 Invisible Zebra

Flag Post

Handy. Thanks!!

Flag Post

Cheers!

If you can afford it, use only upgraded cards:

PvP / Deck Load Code: 
18,18,18,20,20,20,20,26,98,110,110,110,130,130,130,130,130,130,150,150,200,214,214,226,226

Deck List:
3 (Upgraded) Instant Red
4 (Upgraded) Instant Yellow
1 (Upgraded) Energy Supercharge
1 (Upgraded) Mini Magi
3 (Upgraded) Perma-Monster
6 (Upgraded) Time Warp
2 (Upgraded) Greater Heal
1 (Upgraded) Invisible Zebra
2 (Upgraded) Defense UP
2 (Upgraded) Yellow Hydra

Flag Post

Why don’t you have one PM for every monster? It makes you lose both attack and defence.

Flag Post

@starrcab: Of course, having all cards upgraded is best. But you just have use the upgraded versions of the other ones at first, because they have cheaper mana cost.
@oskar_25: I’ve not even once had situation where I would have needed another PM. The enemy (talking about Lvl 4) destroys at least 1 monster most of the time, depending on what color you encounter. If you want to use 1 PM more, I would recommend exchanging it for a Time Warp, because even now, I often have hands where I need to discard a card or use a TW for nothing. You might want to change out an Instant Yellow for a Red, but I don’t know how it’d work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nocturnalupn:

I often have hands where I need to discard a card or use a TW for nothing

if that is the case you have to litle energy for the deck
and this deck seams pretty stupid couse ragiment from reorx is equily good/better for a way cheaper price. If you buy the upgraded regiment you can kill lvl 6 with 50% and thats not that bad.

Flag Post

Confirm Nocturnalupn’s point about PM management. It’s not necessary to have an equal chance of a monster or PM in the draw, and arguably even desirable to have the monster come out slightly more often. Meanwhile, you’re also not likely to be sitting there with a monster in play and a deck-out where you’re thinking, “boy, if only I could PM this monster here”.

That said, I, too, wonder why I would spend the extra FCG cash for this red-yellow deck when Reorx’ Regiment seems to be about as effective at level 4. (OTOH, I quickly upgraded everything in my Regiment deck while grinding the FCG quests and achievements, and I might have spent a bit more; and there’s also the question of how well your deck or upgraded Regiment might do vs. Level 5 and beyond.)

Flag Post

A upgraded Regiment without upgraded monsters costs 11800 Cash, with monsters 16800. In what way is this better than the deck I suggested?
I didn’t do testing which deck is better at the higher levels, but with a 90+% winrate at Level 4, I doubt it performs worse than an upgraded regiment. So dont say an upgraded Regiment is clearly cheaper and equally as good, if the first thing is just wrong and you can’t give me enough data for the second statement.

Flag Post

I didn’t say it was cheaper. In fact, I made a point of saying it (a fully upgraded Regiment) may not have been, that an un-upgraded Regiment was getting me similar results at level 4, and suggesting that your deck might be more effective at later levels as well. Please don’t say I said things I didn’t say. [whoops!]

Flag Post

I wasn’t referring to you Pharaoh! Oskar_25 made the statements I was arguing against.
But I really wonder how you can get a similar Winrate with an un-upgraded Regiment… When I was using at at Level 2/3, my Winrate was about 60%. I’m not saying you’re lying, I just don’t know how this should be possible. I’m gonna do some testing later, to compare it better.

Flag Post

then you are doing it wrong

Flag Post

Oh, sorry! Edited. (We’re all friendly doods here on the Kong forums.)

Honestly, I don’t have great stats on hand for you. (I still have the cards, so I suppose I could rebuild the deck and collect stats, too.) If I had the free time, I’d build yours as well and see how it plays.

The only reason I’m wedded to my upgraded Regiment is that I’d already built it by the time I saw yours. So the remaining question for me is how well yours compares to Regiment vs. 5-6… let’s suppose both are fully upgraded. For newer players, no doubt this 4-farm deck could be a faster alternative, especially if it upgrades to a viable deck vs. 6.

Flag Post

Regarding the energy problem. One difference I see between this 4-farm and Regiment is that 4-farm has two fewer mana cards. On average, you’re going to draw 1 of them in the initial draw (Regiment should draw about 1.25 on average). Meanwhile, you have 24 red’s worth in spells, and only 16 in red mana. Granted, you’ll tend not to need those PMs until turn 2 or 3, but again, you’ll only have the mana for them by then about a third of the time. And if the creatures you draw are the yellow hydras, you dare not play them until you have PM in hand (or you’re desperate). Even the Mini Magi could be played and last about 3 turns… except you can’t play him until turn 6 at the earliest.

Then there’s the Time Warps. Six seems… excessive. I play Regiment with 4, and it feels about right. Regiment also has two Cockatrice Kings, so I’d consider a 5th TW justified, but 6? I’d be tempted to trade one or even two of them out for mana – say, 1-2 more Supercharges.

What’s the general thinking on mana/spell/creature ratio?

Flag Post

Well, to be honest, when I saw the deck in another thread and saw that I could build it, I just started using it without much thinking about its composition. But since I played with it a lot in the last days, here’s my view on things:
- Energy: I see why you would think that the few Instant energies would be too little. However, I honestly can’t remember having a problem with the red mana. When I need a Permamonster, I usually either have enough energy already/in just 1 round or I have a time warp on my hand so I can draw more cards and thus get another Instant Red. Since I can get a high winrate on level 4, I tend to play the Yellow Hydras sometimes without having a Permamonster. They DO have a small chance to become something better, but even when they become a 2/0 monster, it’s still 2 damage. ;) I know I shouldn’t play them in such a situation, but if I can afford it because I see that I’m winning or there isn’t a big threat from the enemy…
In my opinion energy is not a thing I’m concerned about in this deck.
-Time Warps: Now this is a topic I thought about earlier too, but it’s quite hard to analyse it. You see, there are situations where I’m really glad that I have 2-3 TWs in my hand, at another time I have to discard a card just because my early draws were bad. I agree with you that 5 should definitely be alright. The sixth one does need some thinking. But I don’t think it needs more energy, al least not a single-color one. For example, I sometimes have something like 20 red mana lying around. Supercharges could be useful, I just don’t have the “feel” we need them (this is all just what I can think of right now, without doing testing, so it might all be wrong).

In conclusion I think the problem is not that it has bad ratios or something like that. I feel like that’s just the limit this kind of deck has. That’s something I don’t like about the TFCG. Because every card costs money you can’t just “experiment” with decks at an early stage. Later you might have enough money, but then I care less, because I already can fight endgame decks…
I’m planning to do some experimenting with this and other decks later, I’ll see how it goes.

Flag Post

How long have you planned to kill your opponent with this deck?

Flag Post

What? oO

Flag Post

to be able to have right amount of energy in your deck you will need to think how long it gonna take to win.

Flag Post

Why not farm pvp with a mosquito deck? :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by icrine:

Why not farm pvp with a mosquito deck? :P

Like I said in the first post, I’m using this deck because it is the only one I’ve found in the other threads that is cheap and viable.
I’d gladly add your suggested deck to this guide, if I see that it is a good option to what I suggested. If you could please tell me what it consists of I’m happy to test it and add it!

Flag Post

random deck has a greater win rate than this crap

Flag Post

just tried upgraded regiment… I thought rage was good. O.O

Flag Post

If possible, use the superpowers for increased rewards.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vlieger55:

I don’t know if there’s already a deck like this, but I have a deck that can hit up to 80-90’s after turn #4
Proof:

PvP / Deck Load Code:
20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,60,130,130,130,130,130,130,130,142,142,142,142,142,218,218,218,218,218,218,218,240,240,240,240,240,240,240

Deck List:
25 (Upgraded) Instant Yellow
1 (Upgraded) Clockwork Machine
7 (Upgraded) Time Warp
5 (Rare/Upgraded) Dream Book
7 (Upgraded) Blade of Time
7 (Rare/Upgraded) Golden Arrow

It’s a Yellow-Rush deck, it damages the opponent with the Golden Arrows and the Blades of Time. The win rate in PvP is about 90% for me.

Priority List (1st = most important):

• Instant Yellow
  • Clockwork Machine
  • Blade of Time (only if 4 or less other cards)
  • Time Warp (only if 3 or less other cards)
  • Golden Arrow
  • Dream Book (only if nothing else than Dream Books)

Strategy: Keep playing cards as long as you can, and think forward.
You will mostly hit 30’s to 50’s after a couple of turns. 70’ or higher when you are lucky.

i thought i would send this out there for all new players that want a insane fast lvl 1-6 killer. good to get after
upgraded regiment.

Flag Post

Against the level 4 with the Regiment deck, I have never had an opportunity where using there defense removal would be a logical option, as they rarely have any defense, and never more than I do with that deck. So i do not understand the purpose of the card. Although, this deck could have been built originally for a different level where the card is useful. But have you ever been benefited by it against a level 4?

Flag Post
Originally posted by RhodinF:

random deck has a greater win rate than this crap

Didn’t even try it out, did you?

Originally posted by User_Name_Here:

Against the level 4 with the Regiment deck, I have never had an opportunity where using there defense removal would be a logical option, as they rarely have any defense, and never more than I do with that deck. So i do not understand the purpose of the card. Although, this deck could have been built originally for a different level where the card is useful. But have you ever been benefited by it against a level 4?

I used the normal Regiment only to build up cash for my better deck, so I only used it on Level 1/2 enemies. I agree that Defense Removal is a very situational card. I guess there are a few situations where it might be viable to use it, but these are very rare indeed.