Frequently Asked Questions & Ask stupid questions here! page 242

9210 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Calvin_H:

If i tape down or put a weight on a button, does it constitute as cheating the game?

Do it and watch him miss.

Flag Post

I would not mind it being included…

No big deal, last we heard you could always outfitenate (is that a word?) something else! And that armor seems pretty weak anyway, only rank 218 and a little higher stats than Crimson Armor unless Tukkun decided to change it again.

Flag Post

If we can outfitenate as discussed, then I withdraw any complaints. Implement as much horridly ugly equipments as you’d like.

Flag Post

my armor was supposed to be nature armor, like half animal half forest spirit half regular people. That’s 1.5 times the people of regular armor.

Also its more like a whitetail not an elk….

Flag Post

How did a pyrabow I earned from the pyramid become permanent? I haven’t been able to duplicate it with other pyrabows.

Flag Post

I’ve been trying to get last 4 skill books for several days now (all 4 are for absorb skill). Where is the best place to get them while idling? I’ve tried NCI, PC, Smiley Island, Corruption, Fairy Tale areas.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Neptune2:

I’ve been trying to get last 4 skill books for several days now (all 4 are for absorb skill). Where is the best place to get them while idling? I’ve tried NCI, PC, Smiley Island, Corruption, Fairy Tale areas.

Ah yes, the Epic skills. They were hell for me too. What was recommended to me was to throw Epic Rate on all of my gear, go into WM, and farm Lullaby Lake. It’s pretty good for Unob due to all the epic monsters, and since that’s apparently the only way you get the skills in that tab, it ups the chance. You’ll probably be surprised at how fast you get the last 4 books doing that.

Flag Post

When you tried fairy tale areas, were you using epic monster rate and wm? Since epic rate gives you x20 drop rate, it really helps. Preferably with drop rate temporary perk, and DR. That’s how I did it.

I know others farm books in SD.

EDIT: Oh rite, it’s epic. Thought it wasn’t. In that case, definitely do what Alman said and I repeated. WM Lullaby with epic monster rate is your friend.

Flag Post

Thanks Aurian & Alman. I wasn’t using WM and only 135% epic rate. I’ll try overnight and see if I get them.

Edit: After about 2 hrs with WM and 325% epic monster rate I already have 1 of the 4 skill
books.

Flag Post

How is MindSweeper played?

Flag Post

Figured it out on my own. Since no one else is participating in this forum, I won’t share how the game is played.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darvious:

I won’t share how the game is played.

Whatever will the rest of us do? sad face

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darvious:

Figured it out on my own. Since no one else is participating in this forum, I won’t share how the game is played.

Dude. What is up with your attitude? Just because you don’t get an answer to a question when you want it, doesn’t mean you should go rudeface (or that we are denying you the information).

If you want your visits at the forum to be anything else than people being rude to you and/or telling you to gtfo, I suggest you re-consider your attitude. People here have lives. We might not be around 24/7. That doesn’t mean we won’t reply when we have a chance to. You could also visit the AI-chat, if you want quick answers.

Also, remember that some of us have played this game for years. There is little (or nothing) that we don’t know how it works, and we’ve heard every question many many times. That’s why guides were created. There is one for MindSweeper. Go find it.

Last but not least, please do not double-post. If you have something new to say, edit your last post.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stramon:

Is there an up-to-date version of the exp/coin reward formula from the progress bar floating around anywhere?

I don’t believe anyone has posted that one in a long time, no. I haven’t seen it at least, and I read everything. But I am human, so I may have missed/forgotten.

Hopefully one of the people capable of reading code will be nice enough to share it with you.

Flag Post

Is there an up-to-date version of the exp/coin reward formula from the progress bar floating around anywhere?

For each progress reward claimed, the following are processed (in order.) Values are rounded down at each step.
expToGet = floor(0.7200000000000001 * boostExp * (level^0.65) * (1 + achievementBonus + petLevel/100))
coinToGet = floor(0.432 * boostCoin * (level^0.65) * (0.5 + [random number between 0 and 1]) * (1 + achievementBonus + petLevel/100))
greenCoinToGet = 9
blueCoinToGet = 0;
if username is not ‘Guest’, expToGet and coinToGet are multiplied by 1.1
if it’s during the weekend event, expToGet*1.1
if 2 < level < 6, expToGet * 0.5
if 7 <level < 15, expToGet * 0.8
if rewardClaim <= 5, boostProg + 40, expToGet = 4, coinToGet = 200, greenCoinToGet = 100, blueCoinToGet = 10
if idleMode is OFF, greenCoinToGet + 6, 10% chance for blueCoinToGet +1
if progPercent > progStore * 1.1 and double exp or coin is active, expToGet * 0.5 and/or coinToGet * 0.5 [whichever is relevant]
if you have any permanent perks that apply, they take effect here.
if you have more than 9999999 gc, greenCoinToGet * 0.5

Flag Post

What is accension. Also how do you unlock epic skills

Flag Post

so… i’m getting severe lag issues… my processor is dual core, i have 64 bit, plenty of space on the computer, and still BA lags. Even on low quality. Makes my mouse not react to the game. got any info that would help with that, tuk? oh, flash 11.4, or w/e the latest one is… I play on FF. Windows 7

Flag Post

Downgrade your flash player.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Polaaysis:

so… i’m getting severe lag issues… my processor is dual core, i have 64 bit, plenty of space on the computer, and still BA lags. Even on low quality. Makes my mouse not react to the game. got any info that would help with that, tuk? oh, flash 11.4, or w/e the latest one is… I play on FF. Windows 7

This post contains a way to disable the “feature” that causes the problem with Anti-Idle. I would recommend this even if you downgrade, because it still can cause problems with other flash stuff you use. Unless you downgrade to 10.x or so, which don’t have this feature.

Flag Post
Originally posted by toadvine:

Thanks toadvine.

Also, on a somewhat related note, isn’t there a hard/impossible ascension exp reduction? My number crunching is a little off, and I think that would explain it.

There’s no exp reduction for hard/impossible, they just take 1.5x and 2x the amount of exp per level, respectively. It’s also somewhat harder to gain exp because of the other restrictions, but there’s no actual exp penalty per se.

Flag Post

Thanks toadvine.

Also, on a somewhat related note, isn’t there a hard/impossible ascension exp reduction? My number crunching is a little off, and I think that would explain it.

There’s no exp reduction for hard/impossible, they just take 1.5x and 2x the amount of exp per level, respectively. It’s also somewhat harder to gain exp because of the other restrictions, but there’s no actual exp penalty per se.

Hm, apparently I missed something then. The numbers worked perfectly fine when I checked them on a quick test on the SSF, but for some reason I ended up a little off on mine. Though for all I know I just can’t type numbers right.

Flag Post
It’s also somewhat harder to gain exp because of the other restrictions, but there’s no actual exp penalty per se.

That’s strange, because back in the day when Majildian listed some of the stuff, there were direct exp penalties to BA-exp gain. Has this been changed at some point, or what’s the deal?

Post I’m referring to here

Flag Post

Oh, maybe – I’ll double check later. I was only looking at the info for prog rewards, since that’s what was being discussed.

Flag Post

This post contains a way to disable the “feature” that causes the problem with Anti-Idle. I would recommend this even if you downgrade, because it still can cause problems with other flash stuff you use. Unless you downgrade to 10.x or so, which don’t have this feature.

Thanks for the redirect Draconi, at the very least, the lag is less than half of what it was. Should actually be able to play the game now =D

Flag Post

I could swear that I read somewhere that we were going to get new Random Quests with the new update but they aren’t in the change log thread. Was that scrapped?