Frequently Asked Questions & Ask stupid questions here! page 279

9097 posts

Flag Post

I can’t find any of the listed files on my macbook pro (running Mountain Lion OS 10.8). Is there some other way or no?

Flag Post

where is my money???
I was idling in the arena and watched a movie on another tab. when I came back to the game, at least 1b YC where gone! what happened??? O.O

Flag Post

Do you have auto-boost activated?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Majildian:

Do you have auto-boost activated?

no.

Flag Post

Insane cat, The files dont appear in spotlight for some reason. Chrome also stores its files differently then other browsers. A Mac chrome guide can be found on the forums. If you are using another browser let me know and ill give you the specific file location when i have found it (im going through to make a full listing for macs in case it changes)

Flag Post

For some reason my game is still version 1536 even though the current version is 1541.
Does anyone know why this is happening?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sturmfeder:
Originally posted by coolohoh:

been wondering, is there a shortcut to buy/sell the max amount of gems u can hold in the lolmarket?

Yup. Hold Space down when you click.

ah! thanks! was trying crtl, shift, etc didn’t think of trying space

Originally posted by Insanecat:

I can’t find any of the listed files on my macbook pro (running Mountain Lion OS 10.8). Is there some other way or no?

i think its because you have the system files hidden. google for how to show the hidden files in finder and you should be able to find it

Flag Post

hullo noob here.
I’ve bought some elite pet food from the special shop, but I have no clue where to find it. I seem to own some other random stuff as well, and would be thankful if you guys could tell me where I can find the special shop goods.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adrin:

hullo noob here.
I’ve bought some elite pet food from the special shop, but I have no clue where to find it. I seem to own some other random stuff as well, and would be thankful if you guys could tell me where I can find the special shop goods.

Elite pet food is in Fishing. You can get Fishing at level 750. You use elite pet food on your Pet. You can get Pet at level 900. Be specific please regarding the other “goods”?

Flag Post

Level 1381 Noob here, Rank 132 in BA:
I have lots of stupid questions that I’ve amassed over the past few weeks.
1. Where do I use these mining tools in BA? Is there a specific part of the map?
2a. How do I get “Randomfruit” to feed my pet (whom I just acquired in the past few hours)?
2b. Anything specific I should know in advance about this pet and “caring” for it that isn’t obvious? (Don’t let health go to zero, don’t let hunger go to zero, are both obvious.)
3. LOLmarket: I’ve noticed that the level 1 gems have a set minimum and maximum price they can reach (450 and 2×50, respectively. I forget the exact maximum). Do the other gems also have these caps? Is there a link to a post where I can find a list of these caps?
4a. I seem to be permanently running short on YC. The only item I haven’t purchased from the feature shop is the ant sprayer of DOOM. What exactly does it do, other than cost 25 BC to use? Is it worth it?
4b. Is there a general consensus on the “best” way to get a bunch of YC quickly, other than the x2 card? Maxing out the printer was my first priority, and that’s finally paid itself off (I think — 284 mil and counting).
5. The way I’ve been going through BA is as follows: I track the achievement for whatever area I’m on. I stay in that area until I’ve completed the achievement, at which point the next map area is theoretically “too easy” for me. This insures that I can safely rely on autoattack while idling/not at my computer without dying. I’m almost finished with the “Beach Master” achievement. Is this a good method, or am I seriously missing something? (Yeah, I should probably go to the BA thread for this question… But they scare me with all their abbreviations o_o)
6. Fishing… I don’t fish anywhere near enough to max out my fatigue. Is it generally better to open the bronze/silver/gold boxes or sell them?

I think that pretty much covers the most important stupid questions. I’m sure they’ve all been asked 100’s of times in this thread, but I’m not dedicated enough to read through 278 pages of questions and answers, even though I’m sure I would learn a lot.

(Sidenote: I started playing AI for the badge in the Apocalypse Nao! event and got stupid-addicted. I do not “enjoy” or see the “fun” of the game. But oooh, boy, am I addicted. I keep telling myself “OK, just one more quick thing, then I can go do ___ IRL.” 2 hours later, I’m still at AI. >_< )

Flag Post

1. Anywhere down the main path (BTZ to TL), except for safe zones and The Sky. No branches.
2a. Another Garden.
2b. Save up as many currencies as you can for it. It’ll be expensive to feed.
3. Caps are 450*level and 2550*level, but rarely reach each (aside from 1). Level is the row of the gem, from top to bottom.
4a. Negative ants cause boost gain.
4b. No answer from me.
5. It works, as long as you can idle an area, it’s fine.
6. Opening them gives you (one of) Fishing Mastery, pet food, energy drinks, BC or other boxes/keys. Opening is probably better.

Flag Post

Pet: Only feed your pet when it is under half health. Get it up to full hunger and then let it fall back under half health again before feeding it. If you don’t do this, you will probably run out of resources fast.

DOOM ant sprayer is good for getting the ants sprayed quest.

Make sure you’re investing in your garden and using it, it’s alright coins. Otherwise just idling in BA and keeping boosts high.

While you’re around-ish, I would go to either hardcore volcano peak or casual frosty peak. You can reach these by going down in danger zone, then the red or blue arrows. Be quick or you’ll die in Dark Portal.

Flag Post

Stupid question incoming…
I have a heap of Special weapon/armor relics from boxes and whatnot, and I have no idea how to apply them. I can’t find them in any inventory screen I can click on :\

Halp? :)

Flag Post

Thanks Crazy and Majildian!

I have been making good use of my garden. I’ve unlocked about half the plots in the first garden, so far. I’ll probably focus my coins between unlocking plots and upgrading fishing skill then, instead of saving for the ant sprayer thing. I’m fine with just the manual ant sprayer.

Alas, it seems that I’m at an impasse with my BA method – I’ve gotten the 10k kills at the Beach, but I’m not strong enough to 100% idle at Secret Beach, which is the next location. :-/

Josh, have you tried checking the “Enchantments” tab on the side of your “items” screen? Not the “Inventory” from the main BA menu. I think that’s where all the stuff you’re talking about goes… But if not, I’m but a noob myself ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by JoshG90:

Stupid question incoming…
I have a heap of Special weapon/armor relics from boxes and whatnot, and I have no idea how to apply them. I can’t find them in any inventory screen I can click on :\

Halp? :)

They’ll be in the Enhancers part of the inventory. Unless you’re looking at the Special Shop “X/30”, which only means you have X enhancers of any type in your inventory.

Originally posted by Majildian:

Pet: Only feed your pet when it is under half health. Get it up to full hunger and then let it fall back under half health again before feeding it. If you don’t do this, you will probably run out of resources fast.

Good point. For those of us with Technical Lights, I set up one light for petHealth, and ignore the pet flashing light. Personally, I wait until 5 health, but that’s just me.

Originally posted by nefenjo:

I have been making good use of my garden. I’ve unlocked about half the plots in the first garden, so far. I’ll probably focus my coins between unlocking plots and upgrading fishing skill then, instead of saving for the ant sprayer thing. I’m fine with just the manual ant sprayer.

Alas, it seems that I’m at an impasse with my BA method – I’ve gotten the 10k kills at the Beach, but I’m not strong enough to 100% idle at Secret Beach, which is the next location. :-/

I’d say Garden is much more important than Fishing early on. Fishing gets much more expensive later, so you won’t be able to afford it as soon, while Garden earns you more coins so you can afford Fishing later.

Secret Beach is essentially the same as Beach, just with two bosses extra (one zombie, use heal). If you can’t quite make it to Secret Beach yet, but Beach is too easy, try Hardcore Beach.

Flag Post

If you’re not quite strong enough to move on, you can try mining in Triangle Land to get kills there and upgrade your stats/gear.

Flag Post

My problem with Secret Beach is the Zombie Duck. I can kill him fine if I’m at my computer, but it’s about a 50/50 chance if he’ll kill me if I’m just idling. Mostly, it’s a concern if I run across 2-3 of them in a row, when my health is already lower from a previous fight. After a few hours of idling at the regular Beach, I think I can now survive at Secret Beach – I just monitored a few fights without actively interfering, and it seemed to go well enough. I’m keeping my Protection Ring equipped, just in case.

As for mining, now that I know all I have to do is have a pickaxe equipped… I started off in BTZ, just to see what I was getting myself into. After taking forever to kill one enemy, I was immediately sent back to the Pub. I tried again – same result. Definitely not a task I’ll be doing for a while, I’d say.

As for gear, I currently have the full Enchanted Leather set from the crates. I’m rank 136. What armor would you recommend, or should I take that to the BA thread?

Flag Post

Youre not supposed to be able to idle in Secret Beach that early… it really isnt the “next” zone. Volcano Peak or Binary Battlefield is next.

Flag Post

You need to spec your skills specifically for mining at that level. Get max quick attack, max weapon booster, max crit chance and both the crit damage skills, max double hit, max combo crit. Put anything left in coup de grace and status chance skills for more damage, or money up/autosteal/combo reward for more resources. Use a speed ring. Fully leveled bronze pendant is great for everywhere including mining. If you’ve got one of the boss IAs from corruption those will help a lot as well. Eventually you can get enough speed from armor and such that it will be better to use cruelty ring instead. Also, the only skill you should be using is quick attack.

Also, for any normal zone idling, an invisible ally (IA) from volcano peak or frosty zone will help you immensely, because Elemental Boost (which they give permanently) is incredibly strong for anything that has an element, which is basically everything early on.

Technically the whole post would’ve fit better in the BA thread, but I’m not picky. Enchanted Leather should be fine for now, though if you can get enough SCM for elm armor the boots and gloves are very good for mining. Many people will say to save for berserker, however I believe that regeneration is also viable if you do not mine much, as berserker is very expensive comparatively. The bonuses are not a big deal since you can change those easily after reaching rank 180.

Flag Post

Does your character still gain experience while robrocolli is actively fighting for you?

Flag Post

Mouse over Robacon’s exp bar and see for yourself.

Flag Post

Also, what are the level of kills needed for each new bestiary level?

Flag Post

How do you get to the Secret Beach?

Flag Post
Originally posted by uncguy43:

Also, what are the level of kills needed for each new bestiary level?

Bestiary 1: 1 Kill
Bestiary 2: 10 Kills
Bestiary 3: 100 Kills
Bestiary 4: 1,000 Kills
Bestiary 5: 10,000 Kills
Bestiary 6: 100,000 Kills

Originally posted by cam408962:

How do you get to the Secret Beach?

Go to Danger Zone > Dark Portal > Nearly transparent arrow under the BA guy. Be quick in the Dark Portal though.

Flag Post

thanks for answer lackinglack1. the other items I was looking for were weapon enchanters, and I just learned that the numbers were the number of any enchanters I had at the moment.