What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
1) Idea Hunting – Running short on ideas to add to your level? Play a few popular ones, see if there’s any original, or quirky obstacles you can “borrow”. Remember – Variation is the key… Spamming a gazillion hookjumps will not make your level fun.
2) First Impressions – If you’re going to make a big level, you’ll need some nice bricks to go with it. See if there’s someone you trust with Pro… Those extra blocks can always make the difference. Also, do. Not focus your energy on smileys… Go for the blocks, they’ll make your level far more creative.
3) Oooh, you’re my best friend… – Remember: Teamwork = Better levels. Try making all your levels in a group, there’s more ideas, and it’ll get done faster!
Over 9000) Choose your destiny! – If you’re going to make certain sections of your level painstakingly hard, then at least make a second, easier path for those with less patience/skill. If your level is to be the best, that means no ragequitters. Remember, newbies can’t platform as well as Pros can.
Hope these helped. ;)
5) Do a ~~Barrel~~ God Roll! – Remember, God mode is your friend… Press G to activate it, and edit your levels a lot easier!
> *Originally posted by **[3mike231](/forums/64/topics/142288?page=1#posts-3117279):***
> Hunkas Do you get a new avatar every 2 days? ;3
Why, yes I do.
1) Teamwork is definitely key. Even if you want to make the majority of the level because you want it to be a certain way, it ALWAYS pays to have friends test it, comment on the artwork, or even get a beta/mod/admin add exclusive blocks for you. If you ask Hunka nicely, he might do it for your level.
2a) Do you want lots of people to come to your ninja/platforming/minigame level, and stay in your level? Well, first of all, make sure your beginner area is fun and not too hard. Even if you plan to make your level evil and extremely challenging, keeping the starting area simple will ensure that people will at least stick in your level for a while and get a feel for your level. Don’t make it too easy though! Otherwise veteran platformers will assume the entire level is easy and will get bored very easily. Once you get 30+ people in your level, they’ll probably linger in it for a while to help you get more players instead of quitting right off the bat.
2b) However, that’s not all. You’ll want to slow increase the difficulty – great enough of an increase that veterans will start to get a little more challenged and less bored, but small enough that new players won’t get frustrated. This is friends will come in great! Some of your friends may be vets and ace your level; others may send you hate messages. You know you’re on the right track when more and more of your friends send you hate messages and your vet friends start saying “this is mean”. :)
2c) You’ll also need good art to attract people. If a part of your level is blocky/clunky and doesn’t fit in with the art, use the old black blocks (not transparent) so that it doesn’t ruin your minimap. Use old black blocks for jumps too, unless the jump fits in with the art (maybe an outstretching vine, rock, etc.) Also, use keys + key blocks in moderation. I hate levels that are just red, blue, and green all over – I usually quit instantly. Maybe put a key here and a couple of key blocks for an interesting challenge, but otherwise, use regular blocks that fit in with your art. Alternatively, you can blend it in with your artwork – red with volcanoes/underground, blue with sky, and green with swamps/forests.
3) For art levels, make sure to have some nice challenges in between it to keep it interesting if you want players in it. Like I said in section 2c, blending challenges with the art would look excellent.
4) Remember, the more players you can keep in your level, the more players that will come. Find friends in chat that you can ask to come to your level, copy and paste your level name in chat every FEW MINUTES (please don’t repeat it every second – you’ll just get muted). If you really have to, make multiple tabs and have guests sitting around in your level. All you need to do is get to 25-30 players, then, as long as your level can keep players interested, you can stop asking people to come in chat and close out of your tabs. You can sit back and watch as people stream in. :D
Did anyone force you to read? Do you get paid to read that? I take 30 minutes out of my own time just to try and be helpful to the Kong EE community and have my post generously long, and all you do is complain about it? Wow, I thought better of Kong. :/
> *Originally posted by **[Destroyer80](/forums/64/topics/142288?page=1#posts-3121754):***
> Twipply was a girl I believe..Don’t remember though.Plus this thread is not for you to ADVERTISE or GET OFF TOPIC.
Yep, twipply is a girl.
dude. if you actually read it, it was not advertiseing, and sorry for the mistake, u are correct, twipply was a girl. i am sry you could not accept the post for what it was. i put to address issues others dont. the personal story, just an example. i didnt list names either, so count as advertisement. i am sry you could not understand the point of my post as a siggnificant point that should be adressed. good bye to those who run this, yet dont support it correctly. i will not poste here again.
> *Originally posted by **[doge266](/forums/64/topics/142288?page=2#posts-3175640):***
> > *Originally posted by **[Destroyer80](/forums/64/topics/142288?page=1#posts-3125978):***
> > > *Originally posted by **[Destroyer80](/forums/64/topics/142288?page=1#posts-3125977):***
> > > > *Originally posted by **[doge266](/forums/64/topics/142288?page=1#posts-3125553):***
> > > >
> > > > I suggest using green key blocks in a forest/swamp level to create a passage through a solid looking vine/tree (Hint: Red and brown are hard to distinguish on the mini-map) also when making mini-games gravity is your friend. Made a gap that can’t be jumped? Place some arrows or dots to help! and in art use **different** shades of red (key block red, normal red, and dark red) plus keys make great auras, glows or shadows
> > > >
> > > > > *Originally posted by **[Destroyer80](/forums/64/topics/142288?page=1#posts-3120345):***
> > > > >
> > > > > DOGE IS AWESOME!. yep I am :D
> > > YET THE CAKE IS A LIE YOUNG ONE..THE CAKE IS A LIE.Combo!!! Yeah, **Combo** Also I do epic mini-games (ask me to load my mini-game level if you want to see my work, and yeah its really hard)