Why do trolls troll? and how to protect from trolls

29 posts

Flag Post

I want to find the reason why such a great game even has trolls. I know you have some retard behind a screen thinking its funny, but thats half the reason. To troll you’re just wasting someones work,(9/10 because you suck at building or think its fun). But the purpose is random, and wastes EVERYBODY’S time.

Ways to prevent trolls:
dont give code!: its an obvious answer
check their items: people with high energy and lots of good maps along with plenty of items, are less likely to troll
be connected: put something like “kong chat 4” on the screen, then you can speak to them to judge if they’ll troll
use ban or kick!: when you find a troll, type /kick and put they’re name in then hit enter
dont give code to invisible smilies!:you cant see them= you cant catch them

Post more tips on how to prevent trolling and why you think people troll!

Flag Post

For attention, of course.
That’s what a lot of people want on the internet in general.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draedok:

I want to find the reason why such a great game even has trolls. I know you have some retard behind a screen thinking its funny, but thats half the reason. To troll you’re just wasting someones work,(9/10 because you suck at building or think its fun). But the purpose is random, and wastes EVERYBODY’S time.

Ways to prevent trolls:
dont give code!: its an obvious answer
check their items: people with high energy and lots of good maps along with plenty of items, are less likely to troll
be connected: put something like “kong chat 4” on the screen, then you can speak to them to judge if they’ll troll
use ban or kick!: when you find a troll, type /kick and put they’re name in then hit enter
dont give code to invisible smilies!:you cant see them= you cant catch them

Post more tips on how to prevent trolling and why you think people troll!

Ugh, you’re such an idiot.

Flag Post

I would like to direct the attention to another troll, michaelan, with all due respect you are a forum troll, you waste everyones time for nothing. And i guess you want people to troll your worlds, as do because you call helpful ways “idiotic”.

Also keep posting people! for those who struggle with trolls this may be helpful!

Flag Post

I would like to direct the attention to another troll, michaelan, with all due respect you are a forum troll, you waste everyones time for nothing. And i guess you want people to troll your worlds, as do because you call helpful ways “idiotic”.

Also keep posting people! for those who struggle with trolls this may be helpful!

Um, what? I can’t understand your horrible English.

Flag Post
Originally posted by michaelan:

Um, what? I can’t understand your horrible English.

He’s a forum consultant, ’nuff said.

Flag Post

i dont think typing a couple of letters while clicking the “quote” button is long to type

Flag Post

Mich isn’t a troll, he just stops spam threads and troll threads. This is a spam thread.

Flag Post

Trolls do it to release stress, and to entertain themselves.

Flag Post

You remind me of… well… me.
michaelan is not a troll.
In fact, i like him. :3

Flag Post

Alright GottaAskTheMan, I’ve never thought of that.

Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

Anyway if some of you find this thread spam, you can just not type useless crap on it

Heres a better way to kick people: type /kick and only do the first or second letters of their name, hit tab then enter and there gone!

Flag Post

Anyway if some of you find this thread spam, you can just not type useless crap on it

Heres a better way to kick people: type /kick and only do the first or second letters of their name, hit tab then enter and there gone!

That’s even more Stupid,
This thread is a Spam thread for obvious reasons.
Please close this.

Flag Post

Eh, I guess it is kind of spam, in fact I did not even read OP. :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by xland44:

Mich isn’t a troll, he just stops spam threads and troll threads. This is a spam thread.

Originally posted by varnine:

You remind me of… well… me.
michaelan is not a troll.
In fact, i like him. :3

Ty. :3

Flag Post

Technically, this isn’t spam. Though it has terrible grammar and is both obvious and noobish, it is definitely related to EE. So instead of a lock (which was indirectly implied by a few who posted here), let’s just let it die!

Flag Post

Let me answer that question for you: It’s fun. Period.

@ All of you who went off-topic.

You’re all total morons, why did you went off-topic? This is to answer the question he gave and to read how to stop trolls in his opinion. NOT TO FUCKING SWEAR YOUR UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE TOUNGE OUT. If you have such terrible english to understand sentences, go get a life.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lirum053:

You’re all total morons, why did you went off-topic? This is to answer the question he gave and to read how to stop trolls in his opinion. NOT TO FUCKING SWEAR YOUR UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE TOUNGE OUT. If you have such terrible english to understand sentences, go get a life.

THE IRONY!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by michaelan:
Originally posted by Lirum053:

THE IRONY!!!

Personally, I like to give code. If its a good level, and you have spent ages making it, and you want to give the code for some reason, just save the level first.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Terence22205:

9 Troll Tips:
1. Never give out code to someone you just met.
2. Talk with a person before giving them code, having a conversation might change a troll’s mind.
3. Save constantly, check your level to make sure no damage has been caused before saving.
4. NEVER ANNOUNCE YOUR CODE ON THE MESSAGE BOARD.
5. Kick a troll right away.
6. Instantly fear anyone wearing ninja or robber smiley, watch them like a HAWK.
7. Make codes hard to guess, avoid codes shorter then 5 letters/numbers.
8. If no one is helping you, change the code and make it something impossible to guess, feel free to change it back when someone is helping you.
9. If people have very long and difficult names and you wish to ban them, type the 3 first characters of their name and press the TAB button on your keyboard. The game will auto-complete the name for you.
’nuff said. Hope this helped.

Never knew 9.

Flag Post

This thread is really funny. I’m not going to state why, but first of all, this thread is not spam at all. It’s mainly teaching new players how to deal with a troll if they ever encounter one. Therefore this thread is actually useful for some new players who don’t know most of the stuff about this game.

Flag Post

Trolls love open worlds. However, if you’re planning on entering one, here’s what you should know:

Trolls search for visible creations in an open world… and try to destroy it. So the best way to stay incognito is by building your creation with black blocks and other things that do not show up in the minimap. Also, wear a ninja or robber to minimize attention. Or, hire trusty guys to defend your creation while you build one (or destroy your opponent’s) .

Flag Post
Originally posted by Underlord:

This thread is really funny. I’m not going to state why, but first of all, this thread is not spam at all. It’s mainly teaching new players how to deal with a troll if they ever encounter one. Therefore this thread is actually useful for some new players who don’t know most of the stuff about this game.

This.

ARRGH! MY WORLD GOT TROLLED! Okay. This really did happen. But no big deal, as all I did was CLEAR, named the level: Code Is IORB. That’s like a troll magnet.

Flag Post

Could we play togheter once?

This tread is spam. ty to ppl who spammed on it. its a good treath tread threat ( xD) in general!

Golden pears.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lolzhss:

This tread is spam. ty to ppl who spammed on it. its a good treath tread threat ( xD) in general!

Golden pears.

Lots of spelling mistakes! Also, who are you talking to? ;)

INFINTY MANGOES

Flag Post
Originally posted by lolzhss:

Golden pears.

Lots of spelling mistakes! Also, who are you talking to? ;)

INFINTY MANGOES

His conscience (which had poop on its pants) obviously…

BA™AN FTW