What to do when you see a spam thread

6 posts

Flag Post

ok, i know alot of the spam threading has happened so ive decided to organize what we can do to stop the people and / or direct them to the ideas thread or main EE forums,

1. do not post “lock please” just flag the darned spam and get on with your life, simple
2. if the thread is one of those “what should be added to EE” threads, post a link to the main EE forums or the ideas thread.
3. if a person continues to spam forum threads that are meaningless and flagging the posts doesnt stop them, report them to a kongregate moderator or administrator via chat or private message
4. people who harass others on a forum should immediatly be flagged, reported to a mod/admin, and hopefully banned from the site

~~Jbos123, making the EE forums a better place

Flag Post

Yes. Don’t post “Lock please” in a spam thread.

Flag, and walk away as said in the Forum Guidelines.

Also, don’t forget to shorten your Kong URLs in chat!

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/64-everybody-edits/topics/310615-what-to-do-when-you-see-a-spam-thread?page=1#posts-6562880-row becomes http://www.kongregate.com/forums/64/topics/310615?page=1

Flag Post

But, if I don’t post “lock please”, how are people supposed to know it’s a useless thread?

Flag Post
Originally posted by shaunsred:

But, if I don’t post “lock please”, how are people supposed to know it’s a useless thread?

Did you even read the Guidelines? :O

Flagging posts

Moderators can’t read every single post the instant it’s made. We rely on users to flag inappropriate posts. To do that, look in the blue box to the left of each post. See the link that says “flag post”?

Click it, choose a reason, maybe write us a charming note. Then send it and walk away. Don’t quote the post, don’t announce you flagged. Just flag and ignore. We will love you forever!

Can’t quote it. Also, I don’t blame you for not reading the guidelines. It’s super long and almost nobody reads it. (Apart from me)

Flag Post
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:
Originally posted by shaunsred:

Did you even read the Guidelines?

Flagging posts

Moderators can’t read every single post the instant it’s made. We rely on users to flag inappropriate posts. To do that, look in the blue box to the left of each post. See the link that says “flag post”?

Click it, choose a reason, maybe write us a charming note. Then send it and walk away. Don’t quote the post, don’t announce you flagged. Just flag and ignore. We will love you forever!

Can’t quote it. Also, I don’t blame you for not reading the guidelines. It’s super long and almost nobody reads it. (Apart from me)

I read it. It helped!

Flag Post

Good for you. :)

Everybody read the guidelines. And follow them.