Nightfall RPG [Secrets Of The Factions]

67 posts

Flag Post

Welcome, to the Nightfall!

Flag Post

Faction List

Sun Keepers: The wardens of Nightfall, protectors of the innocent. They dream of a world were no one suffers from pain or hunger, or from the Night Shades. There keep lies off in the south, un-reachable due to the fact of an ocean and a cliff, though there has been rumors of the possibility of a war between the Keepers and the Shades. The small town of Greymoon has been seeing visits from both the Keepers and Shades these days, both looking for items of war.

Night Shades: Some say they are human, some say they are undead, others say they are a remnant of the Nightstone that fell from the sky back before the coming of the gods. What is known, is that they are linked to the powers of the Night, giving them un-matchable powers during the night, making them very weak during daylight hours.There castle lies to the north, across a lake of lava. There is no possible way to get into the Night land however, for an Obsidium gate is sealed at the border of their land.

People Made Factions

Helenites: A vast an powerful empire of mercenaries. They come from a mix of origins, from the poorest to the richest. This anarchy follows none and stands up to all. Liking the darkness, where they can easily sneak around and catch enemies from behind, Helenites fight better at night and worst at day. Not having a main place of residence, Helenites are spread all throughout Nightfall, usually in small camps or villages. Fearing no one, they’ll fight for anyone asking for their assistance… for a cost.

High Elves: In this time of war, even the most amicable of people must prepare to fight. Now, the formerly peaceful elves must quickly master the art of warfare before it’s too late. Their natural speed and agility makes them able to run and fight quickly, but they lack the sturdiness of a human. They are proficient with the sword, but are experts with the bow and arrow. The majority side with Keepers and other people with good morals, but some will flock to the other side, if it brings greater benefit. Their home lies far to the East, in the great forest of Elensfar.

Twilight Guardians

Long before the races of man stepped foot in Nightfall, the Twilight Guardians were the defenders of the land. But the guardians hadn’t always existed.
Once, Nightfall was a hive of villainy and vice. It was a den of thieves, cutthroats, and brigands. Chaos reined supreme.

A guild of masked warriors from all walks of life would end the chaos. With the gift of “true sight” and powerful magic, the first of the twilight guardians forced out the marauding hordes, and united Nightfall under a single banner. Under their watchful eye, Nightfall became a prosperous empire that stretched far and wide. They built massive keeps and fortresses to defend the people. But it could not last.

With the arrival of mankind and the awakening of the Nightstone, the Twilight Guard was stretched thin. Hated by Man for their defense of the old races, and hated by the Elves for allowing mankind to survive, they could find no rest. They would not give up, but their numbers eventually dwindled down to nothing. Without their peacekeepers, the Empire fell apart, and chaos would ensue the land once more.

But there is a tale of twilight guardians who walk the land once more…

Races

Humans

Usually only caring about themselves, humans form the largest population in Night Fall. With varying personalities, humans can be holiest of saints, the evilest of devils, and anything in-between. Not being particularly skilled with any weapon, human are the Jack of all Trades among the races. Humans benefit greatly from great endurance and strength but aren’t as dexterous or smart as some of the other races.

Undead

They’re goal undetermined, undead will attack anyone or anything that gets in their way, until either is dead. All undead’s loyalty is unquestionable, even after their masters have been killed, after which, they will complete their masters last wish or die trying. If the task is completed, most undead will simply go into rampage, killing everything they come across, but there have been some miraculous reports of undead doing good. Most melee weapons doing absolutely nothing, skeletons would laugh in the face of their attacking enemy if they could. That laughter could be short-lived, however, as fire or arcane attacks will completely devastate them. Infused with dark magic, undead fight better at night and much worse by day. All other attributes depend on the creature the undead was before death.

Dwarves

Secluded in caves and mountains as they are, it is unknown if the dwarves are even aware of the trouble brewing from the Nightstone. If notified, the Dwarves will surely fight till their last breath to rid the evil spirits from Nightfall. The entire Dwarven race has a still-standing alliance with the Sun Keepers, but distrust all other factions and races. Dwarves are masters of the battle ax but are not known to carry a ranged weapon of any sort. Additionally, they are the race with he highest endurance, but also have the lowest speed and dexterity. Used to their caves where they dwell, Dwarves fight amazingly well at night but are almost sightless at day. When insanely enraged, like by the loss of a loved one, dwarves will enter a berseker rage, wildly slashing at all enemies until either he, himself, or all enemies are dead.

Orcs

Probably the cruelest race in all of Nightfall, orcs are without mercy, killing almost anything they can get their hands on. Their greatest skill is killing, their main hobby is killing, and their best sport is, oh yes, killing. Orcs are greatly well-rounded, attribute wise, having average endurance, strength, and dexterity. Their main weapon is the sword, but the weaker of them wield bows and arrows. Chaotic as they are, Orcs fight better at night and worse at day.

Trolls & Ogres

Both sub-races of the orcs, trolls and ogres are born of bastards, kin of both ogres and the other races. Unable to do their own thinking for themselves, trolls and ogres are usually found being rules under their cruel orcish warlords, but some rogue camps can be found. They can both be easily outsmarted or outrun, but don’t expect to beat them in contests of strength. Not having the intelligence to wield weapons, trolls and ogres usually fight with their bare hands, smashing skulls with their raw fists. Trolls are chaotic like the orcs, but ogres don’t care what time of day it is.

Classes

Tank

Tanks are primarily used as damage-soakers, absorbing enemy damage, so they’re teammates (if any) can deal out some damage of their own. Usually wielding axes or great swords, tanks have incredible endurance, but low strength, and even lower dexterity.

Archer

Archers are masters of bows, able to attack enemies from a good distance. Archers have high attack and dexterity but are extremely fragile. They usually carry a short dagger or knife in case of a melee encounter, but are rarely skilled with either. Their arrows are deadly but finite.

Assassin

Assassins are an interesting class. They have poor stats, having terrible endurance and strength and only slightly higher dexterity than an archer. However, they have a couple tricks up their sleeves. Able to stealthily creep up on their foes, Assassins are almost undetectable at night. When attacking an enemy from behind, their attacks deal double damage. They possess small knives, which can be used to stab or throw, infused with deadly poison at the tip. All assassins fight better at night and terrible at day.

Soldier

Possessing now remarkable abilities or stats, soldiers are the most basic class, being amazingly well-rounded. They usually possess a small buckler shield and long sword.

Flag Post

Member List

1) Name in rpg: ?

2) Nickname: Knightmare

3) Age: ? (Old as crap) Recently Re-Awakened. (Sorry to change your app word with your age, but I’m trying to keep the bad language out of the main posts… :3)

4) Race: ??? (Possibly Elven)

5) Race Description: (A black mask covers his face, while a dark cloak covers his body. He’s a little taller than the average man, so it’s unlikely that he’s a Dwarf or Orc)

6) Faction: Twilight Guardians

7) Faction Description: Long Gone defenders of Nightfall.

8) Class: Shadow Weaver

9) Class Description: Knightmare is unique in his ability to control and bend darkness into most any shape, be it a sword, shield, lance, or projectile. His stats are similar to that of a soldier, though he has exceptional magic abilities.

10) Rep: 65

11) Personality: Quiet, Mysterious, Asocial, Brave. Follows his own code of rules, like a samurai. Particularly dislikes necromancers.

12) Specialty: All around Close to mid-range fighter. Fighting style depends on the current created weapon(s) (if any). As a member of the Twilight Guardians, he is gifted with “True Sight” which makes him immune to blinding or darkness, as well as being able to see in a 360 degree radius (which makes sneaking up on him a less than optimal strategy).

13) Character Story: (optional) Will write after this.

14) Gender: Male

15) Additional Info: The last of the Twilight Guardians. Finds himself alligned with neither of the other major factions, though he may work with Sun Keepers.

Name: Rawck (MawkM)

Class: Archer (Strangely enough, he carries a short sword instead of a dagger, and is extremely skilled with it.)

Race: Part human and part… something else.

Faction: Sun Keepers (More like a part time member, he is more like a mercenary, but he will aid them in times of need.

Rep: 80

Description: There is none. Besides being known to help the Keeper’s and sometimes be seen in the form of a red wolf. Not a single person knows anything about him.

Specialty: Stealth and a small amount of magic.

Personality: Mysterious, will not tolerate any form of injustice and dislikes almost everyone.

1) Name in rpg: Darkeye

2) Age: 19

3) Race: Human

4) Class: Assassin

5) Faction: None, yet

6) Rep: (Scale from 0 to 100. 0 really evil 50 being neutral 100 being extremely good) 50

7) Personality:(what is your character like) Intelligent, quiet, untrusting

8) Specialty: (what is your character good at) Extremely skilled in stealth, good at knife-fighting

9) Character Story: Do you find it wrong that I do almost anything to have two meals a day? Do you find it wrong that I’d kill a man for a few gold trinkets? Do you find it wrong that I hate every blasted second of my miserable life? If so, feel free to leave; go count your diamonds for all I care. I grew up in the Sahario Deserts, where water was more precious than gold. My family and I lived in a small encampment. The entire group was like a second family to me. Then, everything changed. Raiders from the north ambushed us in the night. They took, burned, and killed their way to the center of the camp. The warriors of our camp brandished their weapons and charged at the raiders. My father was their leader. Fear in her eyes, my mother carried me away to our tent and hid me behind some clothes. Suddenly, an enemy soldier bust into the tent, a smug look on his face. Exploding in rage, my mother grabbed a dagger and lunged at the man, scoring a nasty gash in the man’s chest. Yelling in rage and pain, the soldier pushed her away and slashed at her with his sword. My mother was dead. The soldier rummaged through out belongings, taking anything of value. Just when it looked like he was about to leave, he turned in my direction and narrowed his eyes. I held my breath, hoping the soldier would just take out stuff and leave, but he didn’t. He cautiously walked my way and picked up the clothes I was using as cover. My eyes wide with shock, I was frozen solid, unable to move a muscle. Grinning, the man grabbed me by the neck and dragged me outside the tent. Around me, I could see the dead bodies of my camp, my father among them. His face was pouring with blood, and I could see a slingshot bullet in his head. The soldier put a bag over my head, and I could feel him dragging me on a horse. I was only five at the time, but already, I had seen more than what most people would in a lifetime. After what felt like hours, riding on the unsteady mount, the bag over my head was removed, and I found myself in a dark cavern. I couldn’t see anything, but I heard a voice.
“The slave auction is in a month. Make sure you’re presentable by then.” I heard a bowl slide my way and a door close. At first, all felt lost. I was going to be sold as a slave, and that was how I would serve the rest of my life. Then, hidden rage boiled inside of me. These people killed my family, I thought, and I wasn’t going to let them get away with it. I ate the disgusting food that was in the bowl, and then smashed it on the ground. The bowls exploded on impact, scattering its fragments all over the floor. I picked up one of the bigger pieces and went to work, grinding it along the floor to make a crude blade. That done, I practiced fighting with the blade, days upon days, slashing at invisible foes, until I was certain that my reflexes were well tuned enough to handle a real fight. Knowing that I would be unable to fight them all, I decided to practice something else: stealth. Slinking away into the shadows, I practiced trying to make as little sound as possible. Once I was able to move about without making a single sound, I practiced making myself invisible, hiding in the shadows. I once found mud in a corner, and I hurriedly slathered myself with it, making my clothes and skin match the shadows I dwelled in. A month passed, and the soldier returned. I had never heard or saw him since our first encounter, with the exception of him occasionally giving me food and beverage. I heard his boots clatter along the floor.
“Come on, runt. The auction’s come.” I didn’t reply, and instead, sneaked along the walls of the room to the general direction of the door. The soldier stepped forward, muttering to himself. He released the door, but I caught it before it closed and locked. Realizing the soldier would expect the door to close, I made a soft thumping noise against the wall, imitating a door closing. I was about to simply open the door all the way and leave, but then, I realized that the soldier must have a pair of keys. I took my bowl-knife out of my pocket and wedged it into the door frame, stopping it from closing. Then, I made my way to the soldier, being extra careful not to alert him to my presence. I crept up behind him as his eyes scanned the room and deftly reached my hand into his pocket. My hands grasped around what I guessed to be his keys, and I slowly withdrew my hands. Unfortunately, the soldier chose that exact moment to turn around. His eyes widened, and I was off like lightning, dashing towards the door. The soldier yelled after me.
“My keys! Give me back my keys!” I wretched my knife out of the door, opened it, and slammed it shut behind me, the soldier banging on the door from the inside. I didn’t meet a single soldier after that, but I need manage to find the entrance and use the keys to make my way to freedom. Once outside in the city, I realized that I would have to make a living. However, being only five, I was sure that no person in his right mind would hire me. And so, I had no choice but to become a thief, stealing from people’s pockets and using the money to barely keep me alive. My work hardened my heart, sharpened my mind, and tuned my skills, until I was truly a master of thievery. I always say that I’ll stop stealing one day, but the very next, I find myself stealing a few gold trinkets from a random citizen. It’s like a drug to me. Deep down in my heart, I know that someday, I’ll use my skills for the greater good, but for now, I’m one silver coin short of my next meal.

10) Gender: Male

Name:Snowy The Caja

Nicknames:Snow, Snowy

Species/race:Caja
Species description: Cajas are the endangered blue cats from Kawiaki forest. Their name means cat ninja. They wear bandanas of endurance and always, without fail, wear something on their neck. Most have fluffy wings, a paintbrush tail, and are no taller than 0.4m. Rumors tell of ancient guardian cajas.
Class: Ancient Guardian of a legendary pearl.

Faction:None yet.

Rep:90

Personality:Serious when down to business, playful at other times.

Specialty:Fast, close combat in any environment. And also ninja stuff obviously.

Character story:I’m guessing you want the short version.102 Years ago, when the war between humans and forest animals was raging, Snowy was with his parents, hugging them tight.Then a huge herd of rainbow sheep stampeded towards them.Snowy’s dad shoved Snowy and his egg into the freezing water. They were carried away by the sheep and never seen again.When Snowy thawed he decided to continue his life. And the egg hatched into Happy, but I’ve already done a good paragraph so I might as well end it here.

1) Name in RPG: Arcturus Solstring
2) Age: 24
3) Race: Human/Deity Host
4) Class: Assassin
5) Faction: N/A
6) Rep: (Scale from 0 to 100. 0 really evil 50 being neutral 100 being extremely good) 99.99% (the rest being a thief)
7) Personality:(what is your character like) Calm, stern, and sneaky.
8) Specialty: (what is your character good at) Versatility, deity energy manipulation, and thievery skills.
9) Character Story: (optional)
His story is way longer than anyone else.
10) Gender: Male

Moderator List

MawkM/Rawck23 (Main ruler of Nightfall RPG)

Michaelan (Second in command of Nightfall RPG. If I’m not around, he takes my place)

Underlord (Third in command of Nightfall RPG. He can help you and be your guide, accept faction applications and member applications, but cannot decide to give some one Moderator title or create events.)

How to become a Moderator

1. Join the RPG and become a always seen member.

2. Be mature. Being un-mature can result in being kicked all together.

3. Become trusted by me or Mich.

4. Prove you worth by showing me or Mich your art/building skills in EE.

5. Accept the job of Moderator!

Flag Post

Shop List

Item# 1: Elven Scimitar: Pros: Able to find chinks in armor and is lighter then most blades. Cons:Breaks easier then most blades. It can only withstand a few hits from a heavy blade or mace. -10 Badges

Item# 2: Chain Mail Chest Peice: Pros: Allows better movement in battle, making it easier to dodge weapons. Cons: A scimitar or Dagger could easily get through this armor, possible leaving fatal wounds. -20 Badges

Item# 3 Chain Leggings: Pros: They are light on the legs and allow one to run for a long time. Cons: They offer little protection from weather, actually able to become either to hot or cold enough to stick to your skin. -20 Badges

Item# 4 Gold rimmed shield: Pros: Offers great protection and is large enough to block almost all blows aimed towards the body. Cons: Really heavy and awkward, making it impossible to move much during battles. -15 Badges

Item# 5 Chain mail Helm: Pros: Light on the head and with many holes, making it easy to keep your head cool in battle. Cons: Arrows can penetrate through your helm easy, making it very dangerous when fighting archers.

[More will be added daily]

Flag Post

Background Story

I remember a time when there was peace. Yes, it was a long time ago, but I still remember the times when all the races in Night Fall lives in prosperity and peace. Then, everything changed. I suppose it all started when the Humans stepped foot in the beautiful area.

Looking for gold and other resources to fill their king’s treasury, the humans scoured Nightfall. The humans mined in land that was not theirs, stole values that did not belong to them, and pillaged countless villages, taking anything they could get their greedy hands on. One victim of this assault was the small village of Parthyn. Growing up in that village, a promising elvish mage named Konrad had just reached the age of 13. He had the skill and the intelligence to be a great and powerful mage one day, but alas, it was not to be. Outraged by the humans continued rampage throughout Nightfall, Konrad retrieved an old scroll of forbidden dark magic. Practicing for hours upon hours, Konrad practiced the forbidden magic, finally learning to summon the undead to fight. The next time the humans attacked, Konrad drove them back, conjuring up the many dead elves that had died in the past attacks. Thinking the elvish lords would greatly reward him for his efforts, Konrad confidently strode back to Parthyn, but alas, it was not to be. Furious with Konrad for using such evil magic, the high lords of the elves banished Konrad from Parthyn. Furious, Konrad cursed himself for getting banished from Parthyn, and he cursed the elvish lords for lacking the wisdom to see what must be done, but most of all, he cursed the humans for everything they had taken from him. His hands glowing with dark magic, Konrad vowed to kill every last human until none remained. He headed off to the nearest encampment, new meaning in his life. Along the way, he met a fellow elvish necromancer named Volk. Understand his hatred for the humans, Volk took Konrad his wing, becoming his teacher for the dark arts. Over time, The pair destroyed many human settlements, and Konrad’s power grew tremendously. As a final test before he became a full-fledged necromancer himself, Volk asked Konrad to help him retrieve a scroll that was taken from him. Together, the pair traveled into a cave to retrieve the scroll. They met many guards and many traps, but alas, they were no match for Konrad’s amazing power. They finally retrieved the scroll, and set out for the cave exit. Suddenly, Konrad accidentally triggered a pitfall trap and fell down into deep hole. Konrad cried for help, but Volk simply ignored him and left the cave. Realizing Volk’s betrayal, Konrad let out a yell of rage, and immense power flooded into his power. Feeling more powerful than ever before, Konrad unleashed his new found power and launched himself out of the cave and started sprinting along Volk’s tracks. Finally catching up with Volk, Konrad summoned fire to his fingertips and burned his former friend to crisps. Seething with anger, Konrad rummaged through Volk’s belongings and found the scroll from the cave. Reading it, Konrad realized that it was actually a map leading to something called the Nightstone. Konrad followed the map for many days and finally reached a gigantic rock, as black as the night. Touching the stone, Konrad felt excruciating pain. Konrad screamed in agony, but soon, his cries of pain became cries of joy, as he realized the amazing power that had flown into him. Instantly using his seemingly infinite power, Konrad summoned the most powerful spirits that only the bravest or the dumbest ever conjured. Unfortunately, after this ordeal Konrad’s power drained away. Konrad touched the stone again, but only felt cold, hard rock. Grunting in anger, Konrad sent the spirits to attack the undead, but they were only able to weaken the humans, never completely destroying their massive numbers. As time went on, Konrad realized that he could only use power from the rock once a year, so every fall he sent as many spirits as he could to attack the humans, destroying any other creature in their pack, but every year, the humans never completely died. As time went on, the humans actually became civil, finally maintaining peace with the other races, but alas, that was not to Konrad’s knowledge. Eventually, as Konrad grew very old and sick, he sought refuge in a lost castle beyond a pool of lava. Using the remainder of this year’s power, he erected an Obsidium gate to seal the border of the land. As Konrad lay in his deathbed, slowly dying, he knew that he himself would never fully destroy the humans, but he vowed that someday, someone even stronger than himself would come along and fully exterminate the humans from this land. Konrad died peacefully, fully content that he had done everything in his power to kill the humans. What Konrad did not know, however, was that by first touching the Nightstone, he had released its energy into the universe, and without anybody to yearly collect it’s power, the black magic it possessed went out of the control and thousands of dark creatures emerged from the rock, vowing upon their master’s death that they would avenge him and kill the humans. Seeing the creatures preparing to attack the humans in a dream, A powerful human mage warned the king, and he mustered up an army that later became known as the Sun Keepers, protectors of the innocent. During the war, some people joined the Keepers to protect people, some people fled to save themselves and their family, yet others simply joined whichever side would benefit them most, trying to benefit from the situation. The bloody war would be deadly indeed, but alas, that is a story to come…

Flag Post

APPLICATION

Please click this link and scroll down the page until you find our Application!

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/64-everybody-edits/topics/313503-nightfall-rpg-secrets-of-the-factions?page=2

(Made by our second in command Mod, Michaelan!)

Flag Post

Events

Tuesday/December/2012- Secrets of the Factions

Greeting fellow players of Nightfall! As posted in the faction list, both the Night Shade’s and Sun Keeper’s bases are unreachable. That can all change though! As both sides prepare for war, they are also hiring people to find a way into the bases! To get into the Sun Keeper’s base, you will need:

1. Obsidium Chain link x11 (Each link is obtained through winning 10 Obsidium ore’s through duels and 50 badges from killing monsters. Obsidium is awarded every 5 wins in a duel.)

To get into the Night Shade’s base, you will need:

1. Light infused cannon ball x11 (Each cannon ball is obtained through 5 essences of light and 50 badges from killing monsters. One essence is awarded after every 2 obsidium ore thrown into the lave.)

Good luck people, this will probably take some time. :D

Faction Houses!

Adding to this new RPG, is the faction house zone! Your faction can now have a house of its own, as long as the leader and one other member of the faction create, and have the permission to do so. Now please, do not make to large. 2-3 Rooms will suffice. Now, how to create a faction house:

1. Be the creator of your faction

2. Get permission from me and Mich. (Yes, you need both of us to say yes)

3. Have at least 2 other people in your faction

4. Complete the first 3 steps for becoming a Mod.

Please make it look good, as we want to make the RPG attractive. Faction houses will be used for faction wars and storing treasures and trophies from your adventures in Nightfall! :) (Faction wars are not yet out, and my not be out until a faction gets a wee bit angry at another. ^)

Flag Post

For those who wish to join my RPG, post an application and then go to EE chat room 5 to work out a time.(If I’m there)

Flag Post

RPG ZONES

There is an assortment of little side worlds being created, so I’m going to list them here.

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PW0zZRF0y5bEI (The main world. 400×400)

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWAqSLN6JbbEI (A small zone. Name is N RPG Ant tree 1 10. 25×25)

Flag Post

R

Flag Post

R

Flag Post

Sounds coolio. Can I halp? :3

Flag Post

I’d help. Though, I’m a bit curious of what Nightfall is specifically… like, is it an alliance or possibly a team? Or is it like a country or something?

You could add that to the first post.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Underlord:

I’d help. Though, I’m a bit curious of what Nightfall is specifically… like, is it an alliance or possibly a team? Or is it like a country or something?

It is the name of the world itself. ^

Flag Post
Originally posted by michaelan:

Sounds coolio. Can I halp? :3

lol sure. ^

Flag Post

EE RPG? I MUST JOIN!

Seriously though, I’d love to be a part of it.

Flag Post

It’s a thread to organize an in-game RPG.

Flag Post
Originally posted by shaunsred:

EE RPG? I MUST JOIN!

Seriously though, I’d love to be a part of it.

lol sure. Please add a Character Description though. :o

Flag Post
Originally posted by MawkM:

Faction List

Sun Keepers: The wardens of Nightfall, protectors of the innocent. They dream of a world where none suffer from pain or hunger, or from the Night Shades. Their keep lies off in the south, un-reachable due to the fact of that an ocean and a cliff blocks the way, though there has been rumors of the possibility of a war between the Keepers and the Shades. The small town of Greymoon has been seeing visits from both the Keepers and Shades these days, both looking for items of war.

Night Shades: Some say they are human, some say they are undead, others say they are a remnant of the Nightstone that fell from the sky back before the coming of the gods. What is known, is that they are linked to the powers of the Night, giving them un-matchable powers during the night, making them very weak during daylight hours.Their castle lies to the north, across a lake of lava. There is no possible way to get into the Night land however, for an Obsidium gate is sealed at the border of their land.

People Made Factions

[There is currently no people made factions, but its easy to make one! Just let me know the name and a description of what you guys do, and I will add it to this list.]

Originally posted by MawkM:

Member List

[There are currently no Members, but it is easy to become one! Just put an application on the thread, by telling me your name and your character description, and I will add it to the list.]

Fixed

Also, I would like to create some factions and join.

Helenites: A vast an powerful empire of mercenaries. They come from a mix of origins, from the poorest to the richest. This anarchy follows none and stands up to all. Liking the darkness, where they can easily sneak around and catch enemies from behind, Helenites fight better at night and worst at day. Not having a main place of residence, Helenites are spread all throughout Nightfall, usually in small camps or villages. Fearing no one, they’ll fight for anyone asking for their assistance… for a cost.

High Elves: In this time of war, even the most amicable of people must prepare to fight. Now, the formerly peaceful elves must quickly master the art of warfare before it’s too late. Their natural speed and agility make them able to run and fight quickly, but they lack the sturdiness of a human. They are proficient with the sword, but are experts with the bow and arrow. The majority side with Keepers and other people with good morals, but some will flock to the other side, if it brings greater benefit. Their home lies far to the East, in the great forest of Elensfar.

Flag Post

Character Description:

Name: Unknown
Nicknames: “The Knightmare”
Faction: Twilight Guardian (Neutral, Order)
Bio:

• A masked warrior who uses the power of darkness.
  • Bends Darkness and shadow to his will.
  • Maintains the order of Nightfall, preventing any one side from gaining dominance.

Flag Post

Character Description:

Bio:

• Maintains the order of Nightfall, preventing any one side from gaining dominance.

Character Description:

Bio:

Accepted. But please add a description of your faction please. :o

Flag Post

Background Story

I remember a time when there was peace. Yes, it was a long time ago, but I still remember the times when all the races in Night Fall lives in prosperity and peace. Then, everything changed. I suppose it all started when the Humans stepped foot in the beautiful area.

Looking for gold and other resources to fill their king’s treasury, the humans scoured Nightfall. The humans mined in land that was not theirs, stole values that did not belong to them, and pillaged countless villages, taking anything they could get their greedy hands on. One victim of this assault was the small village of Parthyn. Growing up in that village, a promising elvish mage named Konrad had just reached the age of 13. He had the skill and the intelligence to be a great and powerful mage one day, but alas, it was not to be. Outraged by the humans continued rampage throughout Nightfall, Konrad retrieved an old scroll of forbidden dark magic. Practicing for hours upon hours, Konrad practiced the forbidden magic, finally learning to summon the undead to fight. The next time the humans attacked, Konrad drove them back, conjuring up the many dead elves that had died in the past attacks. Thinking the elvish lords would greatly reward him for his efforts, Konrad confidently strode back to Parthyn, but alas, it was not to be. Furious with Konrad for using such evil magic, the high lords of the elves banished Konrad from Parthyn. Furious, Konrad cursed himself for getting banished from Parthyn, and he cursed the elvish lords for lacking the wisdom to see what must be done, but most of all, he cursed the humans for everything they had taken from him. His hands glowing with dark magic, Konrad vowed to kill every last human until none remained. He headed off to the nearest encampment, new meaning in his life. Along the way, he met a fellow elvish necromancer named Volk. Understand his hatred for the humans, Volk took Konrad his wing, becoming his teacher for the dark arts. Over time, The pair destroyed many human settlements, and Konrad’s power grew tremendously. As a final test before he became a full-fledged necromancer himself, Volk asked Konrad to help him retrieve a scroll that was taken from him. Together, the pair traveled into a cave to retrieve the scroll. They met many guards and many traps, but alas, they were no match for Konrad’s amazing power. They finally retrieved the scroll, and set out for the cave exit. Suddenly, Konrad accidentally triggered a pitfall trap and fell down into deep hole. Konrad cried for help, but Volk simply ignored him and left the cave. Realizing Volk’s betrayal, Konrad let out a yell of rage, and immense power flooded into his power. Feeling more powerful than ever before, Konrad unleashed his new found power and launched himself out of the cave and started sprinting along Volk’s tracks. Finally catching up with Volk, Konrad summoned fire to his fingertips and burned his former friend to crisps. Seething with anger, Konrad rummaged through Volk’s belongings and found the scroll from the cave. Reading it, Konrad realized that it was actually a map leading to something called the Nightstone. Konrad followed the map for many days and finally reached a gigantic rock, as black as the night. Touching the stone, Konrad felt excruciating pain. Konrad screamed in agony, but soon, his cries of pain became cries of joy, as he realized the amazing power that had flown into him. Instantly using his seemingly infinite power, Konrad summoned the most powerful spirits that only the bravest or the dumbest ever conjured. Unfortunately, after this ordeal Konrad’s power drained away. Konrad touched the stone again, but only felt cold, hard rock. Grunting in anger, Konrad sent the spirits to attack the undead, but they were only able to weaken the humans, never completely destroying their massive numbers. As time went on, Konrad realized that he could only use power from the rock once a year, so every fall he sent as many spirits as he could to attack the humans, destroying any other creature in their pack, but every year, the humans never completely died. As time went on, the humans actually became civil, finally maintaining peace with the other races, but alas, that was not to Konrad’s knowledge. Eventually, as Konrad grew very old and sick, he sought refuge in a lost castle beyond a pool of lava. Using the remainder of this year’s power, he erected an Obsidium gate to seal the border of the land. As Konrad lay in his deathbed, slowly dying, he knew that he himself would never fully destroy the humans, but he vowed that someday, someone even stronger than himself would come along and fully exterminate the humans from this land. Konrad died peacefully, fully content that he had done everything in his power to kill the humans. What Konrad did not know, however, was that by first touching the Nightstone, he had released its energy into the universe, and without anybody to yearly collect it’s power, the black magic it possessed went out of the control and thousands of dark creatures emerged from the rock, vowing upon their master’s death that they would avenge him and kill the humans. Seeing the creatures preparing to attack the humans in a dream, A powerful human mage warned the king, and he mustered up an army that later became known as the Sun Keepers, protectors of the innocent. During the war, some people joined the Keepers to protect people, some people fled to save themselves and their family, yet others simply joined whichever side would benefit them most, trying to benefit from the situation. The bloody war would be deadly indeed, but alas, that is a story to come…

Erm, that came out longer than I planned. :/

Flag Post

Oh, cool, I’m a mod! :D

CORRECTIONS -

In the Helenites faction description, it says “A vast an powerful empire of mercenaries.” However, I’m assuming it’s supposed to be “A vast AND powerful empire of mercenaries.”

In the “How to become a Moderator” section, it’s says “un-mature”, although the correct term is “immature”.

Just pointing them out.

Flag Post

Ti’s a sad story, but great nonetheless. ;_;

Flag Post

Sad, indeed, but it was awesome. :D

So, for one of the reserved posts I thought I could add a little application and example for the players who wish to join.

APPLICATION -

If you wish to join this wondrous RPG, here is an application for you.
Please note that if the category is italicized, it is optional.

Character’s Full Name:

Character’s Nicknames:

Character’s Faction:

Faction Description: (only fill this in if you made up another faction)

Character’s Abilities:

Character’s Story: (only fill this in if you wish)

EXAMPLE APPLICATION -

Character’s Full Name: Nicholas Xenophon

Character’s Nicknames: Shadow Knight, Dark Knight, Nicholas

Character’s Faction: Shadow’s Warriors

Faction Description: The Shadow’s Warriors are immensely powerful warriors with various magical and physical powers. They can become completely invisible through midnight and sunrise, and are very agile and hard-hitting. They are best equipped with swords, but they work well with any other weapon. They are not to be trifled with. They are not kind. These warriors will not think twice about slicing anyone’s head off. They never show mercy. They are trained to conquer lands and show no fear, and if fear is displayed in a warrior, he or she is to be executed publicly. The warriors possess great powers in shadows, being extremely dangerous at night and unable to come out while the sun is shining. They live in a magically sealed area where the sun cannot shine, so they are completely safe. At nighttime they hunt for food and pillage nearby villages and kingdoms.

Character’s Abilities: | able to turn completely invisible through midnight and sunrise | agile, quick-thinking and hard-hitting | merciless towards everyone, never shows fear | bloodthirsty and never regrets killing enemies |

Character’s Story: Nicholas was raised in Nightfall. There was a time where he was the best student in his class, the most popular among his friends and the bravest in battle. That all changed when he lost the one he loved the most. His father was a cruel man, leaving for the Night Shades, and leaving him, his 2 brothers and mother alone to fend for themselves in the vast world. When his mother was cruelly slain by a Shadow’s Warrior while harvesting crops, Nicholas was devastated. He wasn’t the best student anymore. He wasn’t the most popular among his friends, in fact, after this mother died, he never talked anymore. He wasn’t brave at all when fighting, always lost and was never focused on one particular thing. It was a very depressing time for Nicholas. When Nicholas was 16, a female Shadow’s Warrior showed mercy towards him, disobeying her faction’s law. She offered Nicholas a chance at joining the Shadow’s Warriors. Nicholas was reluctant, but he accepted. He was taken to the faction’s kingdom, Ravenhart. He was trained and soon became the most feared warrior ever known. He was best with his trusty sword, the Immortal de Interfector, a blade of solid gold, blessed by the Shadows with the darkest magic known to man. He never showed mercy, and destroyed the most powerful foes to ever live. He conquered lustrous kingdoms by himself. He was as powerful as ever.