Operation K.E.W.L.

18 posts

Flag Post

Operation Kongregate Edits Worlds Linked (or K.E.W.L. for short) is a response to a comment I made about making a massive lvl out of world portals. Here is a basic rundown:

If world portals are what I think they are, one person should be able to “link” with the next world and that person would “link” it to another world basically making a very long level made by us kongregate users of course.

If you want to do this, post that you are in on the subject, I have no rules or real way on how to run this so suggestion will also be useful too.

Flag Post

I’m in. was so excited I Bought myself a portal with gems.

Flag Post

Fantastic idea. I was thinking of a mario like map, where you are in a world, then enter the first level via a world portal. Then when you finish, you portal to the main world. Then you go to second level, etc.

:D

Flag Post
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

Fantastic idea. I was thinking of a mario like map, where you are in a world, then enter the first level via a world portal. Then when you finish, you portal to the main world. Then you go to second level, etc.

:D

I’ts not a bad idea, but if you always link to the same main world, wouldn’t you be able to access, say, the last level from the very beginning?
This is a nice idea, count me in :D

Flag Post

We should have letter requests for world portal directories.

Flag Post

I’ts not a bad idea, but if you always link to the same main world, wouldn’t you be able to access, say, the last level from the very beginning?
This is a nice idea, count me in :D

Hmm, yeah, will have to figure that out…

Flag Post

Use coin doors?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Krazycat2:

Use coin doors?

Won’t work. The coins will just reset.

Flag Post

Use coin doors?

Won’t work. The coins will just reset.

Yeah, perhaps you could make it so you get the portal at the end of each level. It would be much easier.

Flag Post

Yeah, perhaps you could make it so you get the portal at the end of each level. It would be much easier.

What do you mean? It doesn’t work.

for example:

WP = world portal

(main world)

LEVEL 1 WP

(level 1)

WP (level here) WP

You can’t have coin doors, they just reset. and I don’t get your idea, clarification please?

Flag Post

Instead of that, just go by the levels in a chain, because it is probably impossible to do a level select like that.

Flag Post

Instead of that, just go by the levels in a chain, because it is probably impossible to do a level select like that.

facepalm Why am I so stupid…

But then that kinda ruins the whole effect. I’m still trying to figure a solution..

Flag Post

But then that kinda ruins the whole effect. I’m still trying to figure a solution..

I have an idea, we can make rooms for each world to the level, but in order to go to the next room you have to take a secret path which you can only find out by playing through the other worlds. The problem would be that someone could just figure it out or spoil it for others without them going to the other worlds. Just throwing ideas out there.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Holy2334:

I have an idea, we can make rooms for each world to the level, but in order to go to the next room you have to take a secret path which you can only find out by playing through the other worlds. The problem would be that someone could just figure it out or spoil it for others without them going to the other worlds. Just throwing ideas out there.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Maybe some kind of code…

Flag Post

What do you mean? It doesn’t work.

for example:

WP = world portal

(main world)

LEVEL 1 WP

(level 1)

WP (level here) WP

You can’t have coin doors, they just reset. and I don’t get your idea, clarification please?

I meant what Ter said: making them in a chain. Level select in EE will always have some sort of flaw one way or another. :c

Flag Post

So sadly, we can’t do my idea without some kind of complicated system with codes and stuff. :L

Flag Post
Originally posted by Terence22205:

I have the answer

I don’t know if hum can code a bot that does that ter. >.>

Flag Post

Amazing how I found this thread.
And thanks for writing my name! :D

Yes, I could. But there’d be a much simpler idea.

If you have the space in the level, just give the users a 1/10 chance of picking the proper portal to continue the level! :3
And have the rest of the worlds censored (not /visible false’d)

OR, you could use a bot. But even then you have troubles.
list of brainstorm ideas:

1. Chat

1. .If you expect all users to have chat, a simple code could be required, and regenerated each time the bot runs.
    2. B. This code, however could be shared. So maybe each user gets their own special code?

2. No Chat

1. If the non-chat users are a possibility, we can find more ways.

2. Perhaps based on movements. divide a square into quarters and have them move in a selected pattern in X seconds.

3. Perhaps have a code jumbled together with the basic 6, 8? smileys.

4. Perhaps use the quick-chat options.

5. All of the above?
    6. 3. What about both?
      A. Well, this was about giving the code and then /removeedit the user. But it won’t work
      Finally, we could just have each user be remembered. When they get to a win region/crown/trophy/other win markings, write them down and keep ’em handy for the next connection to allow them in.

If we have more than one bot, the problem arises with the method of sharing information! We could create a temporary PlayerIO server for this task (as long as it doesn’t exceed ‘free’). If it goes over, we’re in trouble.
      If we aren’t having more than one bot, this idea works out.

That was a lot of stuff, wasn’t it?
      Anyways, bottom line is this:

While a chat authentication method would be better, a non-chat system could be made. What this may be is to be determined. We also need to know who runs the bot.

EDIT: Omg, it all makes sense now! I read this message this past morning: and wondered what the hell that was about

Now I know.