EE Pack Challenge!

55 posts

Flag Post

I have a challenge for all you artists out there! Create a new pack for EE.
Rules:
1. All artwork must be original
2. There must be 4 blocks, 2 backgrounds and 1 decorative block at MINIMUM
3. All work must be submitted in the same world
4. Submit a screenshot of your artwork
5. Contest ends March 31st, 2013
6. Be creative!
7. There is a 30-point scale in which you are rated:
Creativity-10 pts
Looks- 15 pts
Necessary Items- 5 pts
8. Extra blocks earn you 1 bonus point, up to 3 points
9. Be sure to name your pack
Have fun!

 
Flag Post

Accepted.

Picture: (Will edit pic in)

 
Flag Post

There’s something I don’t understand: what do you mean by “all artwork must be in the same world”? I thought this would be more like make the block sprites or stuff like that, which would actually be interesting.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Monshraider:

There’s something I don’t understand: what do you mean by “all artwork must be in the same world”? I thought this would be more like make the block sprites or stuff like that, which would actually be interesting.

All of your work must be in the same world. I’ll clarify that above.

 
Flag Post

This is a really good idea for a contest, though most people playing EE on Kong… lets just say, aren’t very talented. Exceptions there are, of course; hummerz5; Terence22205 etc.

 
Flag Post

Thanks.
But
uh
I suck at art… and anything EE related, excluding bots. c:

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hummerz5:

Thanks.
But
uh
I suck at art… and anything EE related, excluding bots. c:

I added you in there for the bot awesomeness, ofc!

Don’t forget Lirum053, he’s the best.


I’m going to participate, wish me luck!

 
Flag Post

Hell Package

Original:

Upsized:

In-game:

^ this took me literally forever to make.

EDIT1: Added upsized
EDIT2: Fixed In-game, was off-tiled
EDIT3: Accidently put it in upsized, fixed; corrected off-tiled in-game pic

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

Hell Package

Original:

Upsized:

In-game:

^ this took me literally forever to make.

EDIT1: Added upsized
EDIT2: Fixed In-game, was off-tiled
EDIT3: Accidently put it in upsized, fixed; corrected off-tiled in-game pic

Can you specify which are the blocks, backgrounds and decorative?

 
Flag Post

I was going to do this and decided not to, so here’s a log.

MAYBE I’ll make something worthwhile.
Edit: Whoopee! Introducing the dog pack (Because Laika needs some love too.)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

Hell Package

Original:

Upsized:

In-game:

^ this took me literally forever to make.

EDIT1: Added upsized
EDIT2: Fixed In-game, was off-tiled
EDIT3: Accidently put it in upsized, fixed; corrected off-tiled in-game pic

It looks really nice. I don’t know why it reminds me of minecraft though. :o

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Monshraider:
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

Hell Package
Snipsnip

It looks really nice. I don’t know why it reminds me of minecraft though. :o

It looks like the Nether from Minecraft. Complete with Netherwart >:3

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

^ this took me literally forever to make.

literally

literally

I despise you.

On a related note, I believe packs can and should be any mixture of bgs, action, solid, or decorative that the creator so desires.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Pokequeen:

I was going to do this and decided not to, so here’s a log.

MAYBE I’ll make something worthwhile.
Edit: Whoopee! Introducing the dog pack (Because Laika needs some love too.)

How do the slanted blocks word? Do you slide down them?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by bowler246:How do the slanted blocks word? Do you slide down them?

It would be cool to be able to slide down half-blocks. You wouldn’t be able to stand flat on them, I mean.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Pokequeen:
Originally posted by bowler246:How do the slanted blocks word? Do you slide down them?

It would be cool to be able to slide down half-blocks. You wouldn’t be able to stand flat on them, I mean.

got it

 
Flag Post

My hell plant; inspired by nether warts.

My hell blocks and bg: inspired by nether rack.

My lava; inspired by lava in MC and also because we need a lava in EE.

My whole pack; inspired by the Nether.

AND WOW, that dog pack looks AMAZING!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ShinyPorygon5:

To prove to GottaAskTheMan and anyone else who doesn’t believe that I’m a good artist, I’ve made my own Shiny Porygon Pack!

If you just erased some of the white outline, it would be great. Cute smiley~

The pokéball doesn’t look like it would fit in EE, or like it taken right from a Pokémon game

The blocks are perfect, mang. +1000 Captain Falcons

Then I dunno, the backgrounds just look out of place.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ShinyPorygon5:

To prove to GottaAskTheMan and anyone else who doesn’t believe that I’m a good artist, I’ve made my own Shiny Porygon Pack! (I also made a smiley for it.)

Smiley:

Decorations:

Blocks:

Backgrounds:

Well, this took a long time to make, probably about 45-60 minutes. I hope it was all worth it though.

The smiley looks weird. The rest is ok.

 
Flag Post

Digital Package

I’m one for simple stuff, so I decided that if I was going to make a pack for this, it would be simple. This pack is inspired in Tron’s world, and could be used for a “digital” like environment. Enjoy!

Blocks:

Background:

Hazzards (lasers):


In-Game:

PS: I followed GATM’s way of posting this since I find it practical. :)
PS2: I would upsize it for you guys to look more closely to the blocks, but I keep failing at that. If anyone wants to upsize it, go ahead :P

Changelog: Added Blue and purple blocks and background. Added lasers. The laser block isn’t actually a hazzard (it’s a solid block) but I made it with the hazzard set and it’s staying there.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ShinyPorygon5:
HOLY SHAT HOW DID YOU TAKE A PIC WITH CHAT BUT WITHOUT SHOWING A USERNAMES!!?!?!

“A magician never reveals his tricks.” ;P
It’s not that hard though.

 
Flag Post

My personal opinions:

ShinyPorygon5

The blocks are just plastic with half one colour half the other…

While the smiley looks great, it doesn’t fit the theme of EE.

Monshraider

I mean, not too impressive, all you did is outline a black block with colours! Although it’s not very impressive; you didn’t really do much, it’s really simple and looks aesthetically pleasing. I would love to use this pack for spaces hippy themes! I like it.

EDIT: Just noticed.

…really simple and looks aesthetically pleasing. I would love to use this pack for spaces hippy themes! I like it.

Not going to fix because it’s quite funny. No offense to anyone, just a little fun! :P

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

Monshraider

I mean, not too impressive, all you did is outline a black block with colours! Although it’s not very impressive; you didn’t really do much, it’s really simple and looks aesthetically pleasing. I would love to use this pack for spaces hippy themes! I like it.

I’m aware it doesn’t have much to offer, so I’m gonna try add more to it. Thanks for the feedback :D

EDIT: Added some lasers. Still didn’t work out the animation for them :o

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post

@Paint Pack:
- The hair (?) on the smiley is too big. Make it a bit smaller :o
- The blocks are ok I suppose.
- The brush looks weird, the bucket is nice.
- The paint on the backgrounds seems too bright, I would make it a bit darker.

Overall: Could use some work at some points, but not bad.