Forums Tyrant

New Ability: Explosion

38 posts

Flag Post

I have had an idea, that might be made to be put into awesome cards in the near future, but only time will tell.

I have thought of a new ability for a card. It is Explosion.

Explosion: Passive – When this card has zero health, inflict X damage to all opponent’s units. (Where X equals the ability level). Affected by Armor and damage affects only active opponents.

The maximum level for this card will be “2”, as any more will be a bit too powerful. This would be a truly awesome ability, yet very funny, as tactics using cards with this ability would play it somewhere in the middle of their monsters (or at the start) to cause the field to lower down to make an easier win.

“2” – 2 will be for faction-restriction; 1 for a full-opponent effector (unless special conditions).

To any future comments linking it against Commanders/Structures:
This will NOT affect them, unless it also has Fear (Fear allows attack to Commanders, so Explosion also hits Commander) or Siege (Siege strikes Structures, so Explosion also hits Structures)

I have even thought of a card that could have the ability.

KAMIKAZE FIGHTER Gold Level
Raider
1 attack / 1 Health
1 turn cooldown
Abilities: Flying, Explosion 2

Another card maybe?
BOMB SUPPLIER Gold Level
Imperial
0 attack / 5 health
1 turn cooldown
Ability: Explosion 1, Rally All Imperial 1

ctpro’s idea – edited
UNSTABLE REACTOR Gold Level
Xeno
n/a attack / 3 health
2 turn cooldown
Abilities: Wall, Rally Xeno 1, Explosion 1

Fomortiis’ idea (1) – edited to suite
DOOMSDAY BOMB Purple Level
Xeno
4 attack / 3 health
2 turn cooldown
Abilities: Explosion 2 (3 is too powerful for an all-faction effector), Strike 1 (Strike for a bomb? Not sure, but included)

Fomortiis’ idea (2) – edited to suite
BOMB Silver Level
Raider
2 attack / 1 health
1 turn cooldown
Abilities: Explosion Imperial 2 (Excellent idea; edited it to fit Raider thoughts)

Fomortiis’ idea (3) – edited to suite
BOMB PRODUCER Gold Level
Raider
2 attack / 3 health
2 turn cooldown
Abilities: Regeneration 1, Explosion Imperial 2 (This could be leading from the Silver Level Bomb)

Bl4cK_Sh33p’s idea – Only 1 seems suitable for display
ANTI-XENO FLEET (Originally E.T.R.F; sorry, couldn’t think of an alternative, but ideas fit this name) Gold Level
Imperial
0 attack / 4 health
1 turn cooldown
Abilities: Strike Xeno 1, Explosion Xeno 2, Counter Xeno 1 (Spiced it up, for an Imperial unit that is deadly against Xeno_

Now, anyone got any comments about this? Any constructive criticism? All ideas will help. Maybe even suggest cards with this ability.

EDIT: I have read your comments, and changed things ever so slightly, so that it will be more sensible. Thanks for the tips.

EDIT 2: Added all ideas to the other ones. This is coming together good.

EDIT 3: Edited to fit some of the things that people have requested that I feel is suitable.

Flag Post

(direct) damage like strike or comabt dmg reduced by armor? Seems OP.

Flag Post

I think Explosion 3 is already pretty OP, considering pretty much every turn 1 card (except vampires and stuff) will get annihilated, and some turn 2 cards will get thrashed.

Flag Post

It is an upgraded version of Counter and is certainly too powerful.

Flag Post

I admit, the ability sounds really nice but the card u were thinking of is way too strong to be honest. It’s a 2/1 flying card with no activation cost and strike all 3 on death? That’s even more powerfull than EMP.
greetings

Flag Post

Thnx for the tips. Edited.

Flag Post

I can see this being very desirable on walls and so i present an example.

Unstable Reactor
Raider
Delay 2
Wall 3
Rally Raider 1
Explosion 1

Flag Post

Explosion should be a Structure is damaged once the card is damaged.

Flag Post

Also you might change it so it only hurts one enemy instead of all, or just another race. like
Explosion Xeno 2
Explosion Raider 1

but I like the idea

Flag Post

Explosion: Strike All 1 (or 2) on death
That’s all it is.
However…
Doomsday Bomb
Legendary, 3/2, 2 delay, Xeno (or Raider), Explosion 3, Strike 1.
Might be a bit OP, but, it’s Legendary for a reason.

Bomb
Uncommon (Or maybe Rare), 2/1, 1 delay, Raider (Or Imperial), Explosion 2.
Excellent rush unit.

Flag Post

explosion must never be combined with regeneration.

Flag Post

Ctpro.
Reforming Bomb
Rare, 2/1, 2 delay, (faction), Explosion 1, Regeneration 1.

Flag Post

Edited it to include all your lovely idea, but edited them to make them better in a deck.

Flag Post

I suggest to keep explosion to 1 only, with Legendary or Unique restricted.
If you are gonna put explosion to Silver/Gold level the game is simply gonna involve around explosions only.

Flag Post

bomb supplier should have rally imperial 1 or 2 since they are carrying ammo(in this case bombs) to imperial units on the battlefield

Flag Post

i think kamikadze fighter should have some ability that kills him as soon as he enters play.

also, what about explosion not activated if unit is killed before its cooldown? that would allow even cards like doomsday bomb to have long cooldown, small hp and explosion 3(or even 4)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chrisirhc1996:

Edited it to include all your lovely idea, but edited them to make them better in a deck.

Can you make the Doomsday Bomb for the Xenos? And I don’t think Explosion 3 is too powerful considering it’s a legendary.

Explosion Silver Level
Action Card
Explosion 1

Explosions Gold Level
Action Card
Explosion 2

Flag Post

Well, you guys do have a point…….

Flag Post

Explosion decks with high numbers would completely ruin everything else. If, say, you put out an Explosion 3, then in the next turn a strike or two, there goes almost anything the opponent could throw at you and leaves you with no opposition and all your units minus one. Anything that does survive would most likely still be in delay also.

I agree with FinalUnknown, it should be heavily restricted, and as dajkaman said, it probably shouldn’t work until after the delay activates.

Assuming that is true, maybe something like:

Stealth Bomber
Imperial, Assault, Silver
2 delay, 2 attack, 2 hp
Flying, Fear 2, Explosion 1

Bloodlust Agent
Bloodthirsty, Structure, Gold
3 delay, 1 attack, 4 hp
Rally Bloodthirsty 2, Explosion 2.

E.T.R.F (for lack of a better name, you work it out)
Imperial, Assault, Bronze
3 delay, 0 attack, 4 hp
(Flying?), Strike 1, Explosion Xeno 2 (not strike all, strike any 1)

Flag Post

It really needs nerfing… unless it’s made cap 1 for no-limit and 2 for fac-limit…. i can see this being abused.
or, as bl4ck said, make it require delay active.
or….. make it only aviliable on some uniques and legendaries, so that it can’t be spammed.

i had a similiar idea once, but it was just dmg to one target—the one that killed the unit(unless it’s a action card, some thing must have killed it) that’s much more “controllable” in term of power~

Flag Post

i think explosion should either:
1)only affect the card that did the killing blow (cause it blew up in their face, right?)
or
2) affect both your and opponents creatures
to make it not as op. its still abuseable in an armor heavy deck but still

Flag Post

I think that maybe there should also be a self destruction affect for cards.
Example:
Bomb Fanatic Bronze Level
Raider
Damage: 0
Health: 2
Abilities: Self Destruct (aka: After 3-5 turns it dies and does damage to all enemy units or just all units.)

plz reply on my idea.

Flag Post

i agree with the explosion should only effect the creature that did the killing blow and self destruct should be an action card what random kills one of your units and have 50% chance on all enemy units to do random 1-3 damage or like this . also this 2 skills should not be mimicable or evadeable .

Flag Post

in my idea, explo can also affect struct/comm if it was the struct or comm that killed it
anywho, if a self destruct action was to be made, this is my suggestion:
only can target a active assult(done with delay) if none, it fizzles.
sacrfice target assult, deals random damage ranging from 0 to (atk/2+hp/4 rounded down) to all enemy assults. where the atk/hp are the CURRENT atk/hp of the your sacrificed assult.

Flag Post

To all people who said it should be nerfed, I will edit my post to limit it to certain conditions.

Now to take some peoples comments into understanding:

Originally posted by Dart111:

I think that maybe there should also be a self destruction affect for cards.
Example:
Bomb Fanatic Bronze Level
Raider
Damage: 0
Health: 2
Abilities: Self Destruct (aka: After 3-5 turns it dies and does damage to all enemy units or just all units.)

plz reply on my idea.

Ok dude, first thing – You haven’t included any data into how much damage, so I’m not taking that idea on hand. And second, this idea is for Explosion, not Self-Destruct, so please make another thread for that ability please.

Originally posted by Fomortiis:
Originally posted by Chrisirhc1996:

Can you make the Doomsday Bomb for the Xenos? And I don’t think Explosion 3 is too powerful considering it’s a legendary.

Explosion Silver Level
Action Card
Explosion 1

Explosions Gold Level
Action Card
Explosion 2

Ok, I’ll change it to Xeno, and I’ll think about including your ideas.

Originally posted by Bl4cK_Sh33p:

Explosion decks with high numbers would completely ruin everything else. If, say, you put out an Explosion 3, then in the next turn a strike or two, there goes almost anything the opponent could throw at you and leaves you with no opposition and all your units minus one. Anything that does survive would most likely still be in delay also.

I agree with FinalUnknown, it should be heavily restricted, and as dajkaman said, it probably shouldn’t work until after the delay activates.

Assuming that is true, maybe something like:

Stealth Bomber
Imperial, Assault, Silver
2 delay, 2 attack, 2 hp
Flying, Fear 2, Explosion 1

Bloodlust Agent
Bloodthirsty, Structure, Gold
3 delay, 1 attack, 4 hp
Rally Bloodthirsty 2, Explosion 2.

E.T.R.F (for lack of a better name, you work it out)
Imperial, Assault, Bronze
3 delay, 0 attack, 4 hp
(Flying?), Strike 1, Explosion Xeno 2 (not strike all, strike any 1)

Bloodlust Agent wouldn’t make sense, as Explosion would be aimed at machinery-type cards (unless it was a monster with bombs strapped to it :3), Stealth Bomber would just have Fear (as I am sure Fear converts your attack to attack your opponents commander (someone correct me if I’m wrong)) and E.T.R.F. could stand for Extra Tight Rigid Firebomb (firebombs are fun XD) but flying would make it similar to Kamikaze fighter in some ways. Still, good ideas, and I’ll think about including them.

Overall, these are quite good ideas, and will be undated to fit your ideas. Keep them coming