Forums Tyrant

The gold and silver problem

17 posts

Flag Post

At the moment with only 10 cards in a deck almost all the advanced players have the deck made only of gold cards, sometimes a legendary one and few silver ones, you will never use a common card. This for me is a waste of your work, because the majority of the cards are common cards and they are never used if not at the beginning of the game, when you don’t have enough gold,silver and legendary cards.

I wanted to post this suggestion to the dedicated topic but I decided to post it there to get the feedback of the other players.

The deck should be bigger and as the legendary cards the gold and silver cards should be limited. For example the deck can have at most 15% of gold cards and 30% of silver cards and the rest 55% must be common cards. So in a deck of 20 cards you can have at most 3 gold cards, 6 silver cards and the rest 11 cards must be common cards, legend cards should be considered as common cards in the calculation.

A bigger deck will make the game a pure luck game! Yes because already with 10 cards the most efficient technique is to destroy faster as possible the first adversary assault units, when you have an advantage of 2 units on the adversary you can consider to have won the fight. So with a bigger deck with few gold cards, the first one, who get them will most probably win the fight. For this reason also the game play should be changed, I think a player should have the possibility to put their assault units in defense mode, this means they can’t attack but they receive the half of the damage and all the skills have the half of their probability to trigger.

This would have a big impact on the whole game, which most probably will be never changed. So at the end the best solution is to design only gold and silver cards and leave the game as it is.

Flag Post

I’m just going to assume you aren’t very far in the game. There’s no reason to punish those who have done everything; and avoiding luck-based is important.

Flag Post

I originally posted something very flippant here, but I realized who the OP was and I remember that I liked those comics that he’s posted in other threads and I’ve decided to be less of a #&@#.

1) You’re requesting a massive rework of the entire mechanics of the game. Developers will listen to tweaks quite often, but you’re asking for way too much.

2) CCGs work on the premise of Pokemon or traditional RPGs. People have to collect or attain everything so they can be better and better. There would be little incentive to put in as many hours if we’re all playing mostly common decks. Developers like it when we spend more time obsessing about their product. So do crack dealers strangely.

3) Any suggestion that involves the introduction of more luck will be met by hostility by most gamers. Most of us want strategy and skill to be the main determinate of games. Look at all the hate for energy buyers in faction wars and you’ll see it’s vehement. Also, people don’t spend a lot of time on pure luck games unless their is real life rewards. How often do you see people playing Black Jack or Craps when there’s no gambling involved?

While I appreciate that you spent time on your concept, I really don’t believe that either a vast majority of the gamers nor the developers will believe that these suggestions will help the community or revenue stream of Tyrant.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SpamMe1:

This would have a big impact on the whole game, which most probably will be never changed. So at the end the best solution is to design only gold and silver cards and leave the game as it is.

I guess neither Catface nor Tuxedo read this.

Seems to me the Common and Uncommon cards are there just for cosmetic reasons, in Enclave and Nexus. Or for keeping the usual set: 1 Rare, 2 Uncommons, 3 Commons.

An alternate solution to said “waste of work” could be the addition of more Achievements of this kind:
“Beat Mission # with the following cards”
“Beat Mission # with only common cards”
Obviously variations (such as Mission #plus, only Uncommons, 4 Commons and 4 Uncommons, Ten Missions #plus, etc etc…) are viable too.

A Common (or Uncommon or less) Arena or Mission set with it’s own advantages could be another solution on a similar note.

Any of the previous suggestions will actually be of use if a way to counter Sawblade/Vampire rushes is available within the Common and Uncommon content, possibly without too much reliance on Regen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tuxedo:

I originally posted something very flippant here, but I realized who the OP was and I remember that I liked those comics that he’s posted in other threads and I’ve decided to be less of a #&@#.

1) You’re requesting a massive rework of the entire mechanics of the game. Developers will listen to tweaks quite often, but you’re asking for way too much.

2) CCGs work on the premise of Pokemon or traditional RPGs. People have to collect or attain everything so they can be better and better. There would be little incentive to put in as many hours if we’re all playing mostly common decks. Developers like it when we spend more time obsessing about their product. So do crack dealers strangely.

3) Any suggestion that involves the introduction of more luck will be met by hostility by most gamers. Most of us want strategy and skill to be the main determinate of games. Look at all the hate for energy buyers in faction wars and you’ll see it’s vehement. Also, people don’t spend a lot of time on pure luck games unless their is real life rewards. How often do you see people playing Black Jack or Craps when there’s no gambling involved?

While I appreciate that you spent time on your concept, I really don’t believe that either a vast majority of the gamers nor the developers will believe that these suggestions will help the community or revenue stream of Tyrant.

Not +1, not +2, or even +3, but +100 on that!

You’re suggesting that the devs transform this game into something totally different when suggest increasing deck size and limiting gold/silver cards. I personally love this game exactly the way it is mechanic wise and I would be pretty pissed off to find out they had increased the deck size. I would be even MORE pissed off to find that even beside unique and legendary restrictions, that gold and silver were given restrictions too.

You are forgetting the simple solution of just plain releasing BETTER common cards. I mean, one of Magics most infamous cards, Counterspell, is a common, so why can’t tyrant make a few really good commons in the same way? That is something I would like to see.

Flag Post

cards are cards… as long as there is no restriction on them, who cares about the color of the cannon? anyway more cards are being released regularly

Flag Post
Originally posted by lfiamoncini:

0100001010101020100101-1001 ancient thread TURN ON!

Ancient question: why have commons and uncommons?

Without quality limit in decks, obviously all the cards in decks now become rare, unique and legendary.

Why not turn all commons and uncommons in rares or more with upgrades (free or not) and make all the work spent in these cards be worth (even give some profit from devs?)

With upgrades (free or not), tournaments wont be affected.

So, why not the raise of the Xeno Maulers, II, or some cards never used like Lummox?

They might as well make packs that are just 45 rares and cost 15 shards for 1 card. That’s basically what players get nowadays.

Flag Post

Because the devs are too lazy or have other priorities.

It takes them ages just to do regular upgrades which take near no effort to make at all. They simply wouldn’t bother with it.

Flag Post

wow dat necro

Flag Post

There are some good ideas here, it could be nice if the devs add a new standard tournament format (or normal/daily missions) with restrictions for rare cards.

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by lfiamoncini:

0100001010101020100101-1001 ancient thread TURN ON!

Ancient question: why have commons and uncommons?

Without quality limit in decks, obviously all the cards in decks now become rare, unique and legendary.

Why not turn all commons and uncommons in rares or more with upgrades (free or not) and make all the work spent in these cards be worth (even give some profit from devs?)

With upgrades (free or not), tournaments wont be affected.

So, why not the raise of the Xeno Maulers, II, or some cards never used like Lummox?

Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

They might as well make packs that are just 45 rares and cost 15 shards for 1 card. That’s basically what players get nowadays.

+1

Flag Post

@lfiamoncini: Having only rares and legendary will not solve anything, there wil lalways be some good rare and all the other crappy, is not a problem of rarity, is a problem of balancing and powercreep.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maharid:

@lfiamoncini: Having only rares and legendary will not solve anything, there wil lalways be some good rare and all the other crappy, is not a problem of rarity, is a problem of balancing and powercreep.

exactly …. the usability of a card has nothing to do with its rarity.

a rare of a pack CAN be better than a legendary of the same pack.
a uncommon of a newer pack is better than a rare of an older pack.

the fact that any given pack has 10% wow, 20% good cards and 70% useless, in combination that 50% are rare has to do with the expected # of packs the average player has to buy to get the desired amount of usefull cards.

in other words a newer pack might be at 40WBs where you get 2 rares (pack has 50 rares onlys, no legend,comon,uncommon) and have a 50% of a good rare….. it doesnt change anything.

well collectors would disagree….. but the game as 0 use for 99% of common/uncommons, 50% for most legends and rares, 90% for all other cards and there are some that have a 100% usage ….till the next comes out

Flag Post
Originally posted by zzplayer:

There are some good ideas here, it could be nice if the devs add a new standard tournament format (or normal/daily missions) with restrictions for rare cards.

+1 I think this is the simplest way to make uncommons/commons relevant. Just work it into tournaments.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

I’m just going to assume you aren’t very far in the game. There’s no reason to punish those who have done everything; and avoiding luck-based is important.

are you the guy that catfaced a faction for the first time in tyrant?

Flag Post

common/uncommon tournaments.