Forums Tyrant

Factions (wars) dont work, arent (that) fun nor fair

23 posts

Flag Post

Not fun for various reasons, just arent go figure. Not fair because with WB everyone can cheat endless.
Solutions? I dont know, i opened this thread to discuss. About the fairness, my proposal is to make dimishing returns on wb purchase, with a daily reset.
For example it’s Monday, u recharge for 10 to win the war. But it’s not enough, so u want to recharge again… then price shouldnt be 10WB , but 15/25, and so on. For example this way after the 5th recharge, u’d have to spend like 40-60WB to recharge once more

 
Flag Post

There was a dev post saying they were working on the ‘warbonding’ issue for wars. Hopefully that work will come to fruition soon. As for being fun, I think they are pretty fun, although it would be better if live pvp could be factored into them somehow.

 
Flag Post

Or, we could just accept that we are under a capitalist system; and get over it.

Either completely allow buying victory; or eliminate the ability; don’t punish people for using the system.

And, honestly, it costs a ton to absolutely ensure victory. You can usually beat refillers if you’ve got a full faction.

 
Flag Post

fun is all relative. i had a ton of fun yesterday in a really close faction war.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

Or, we could just accept that we are under a capitalist system; and get over it.

Yeah in fact u can buy a judge to be assolved, because hey we’re in capitalism! Or u can buy a soccer/football/rugby/any_sport game because hey we’re in capitalism!

Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

Either completely allow buying victory; or eliminate the ability; don’t punish people for using the system.

Punish? No one is forced to refill with WB… if u want to, pay the price

Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

And, honestly, it costs a ton to absolutely ensure victory. You can usually beat refillers if you’ve got a full faction.

Totally untrue

 
Flag Post

More importantly, due to a number of factors in the game design it is incredibly easy for people to cheat in faction wars, and they are…

 
Flag Post

You can, unofficially, buy a judge. And you can buy a sports team. Capitalism is all about making money.

To raise prices/refill is punishing those who are able to pay.

And you can almost always win without paying. If they pay that much, they deserve to win.

 
Flag Post

It’s not that hard to get about 800 points if you’re active throughout the war. If twenty members contributed 800 points, the score would be 16000. The highest scoring wars I’ve seen are about 12000, meaning in level three factions about 10 people took the war off, or more than ten couldn’t contribute their best. A full faction with all members active wouldn’t be easily beaten by refillers.

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Spence:

It’s not that hard to get about 800 points if you’re active throughout the war. If twenty members contributed 800 points, the score would be 16000. The highest scoring wars I’ve seen are about 12000, meaning in level three factions about 10 people took the war off, or more than ten couldn’t contribute their best. A full faction with all members active wouldn’t be easily beaten by refillers.

You clearly have no idea what u’re talking about, take a look at black ops thread then we’ll talk again

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Bandor:
Originally posted by Spence:

It’s not that hard to get about 800 points if you’re active throughout the war. If twenty members contributed 800 points, the score would be 16000. The highest scoring wars I’ve seen are about 12000, meaning in level three factions about 10 people took the war off, or more than ten couldn’t contribute their best. A full faction with all members active wouldn’t be easily beaten by refillers.

You clearly have no idea what u’re talking about, take a look at black ops thread then we’ll talk again

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. It was a one-time thing because 6 factions attacked black ops within the same hour, and winning meant reaching faction level 4.

 
Flag Post

GUYS STOP HERE
This won’t lead to anything we had this discussion in about 4 of the big topics with IP, Hellcat, Dear Black Ops post etc.

- Devs are working on it.
- War Bonds are fair (Part of the game)
- Being attacked by factions = legit.
- War has never been fair.

Close please.

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Hotshot2k4:

It was a one-time thing because 6 factions attacked black ops within the same hour, and winning meant reaching faction level 4.

You managed to win against SEVEN FACTIONS in an ORGANIZED AND COMBINED ATTACK, with all their members SAVING ENERGY TO BEAT YOU. Man i am sorry but this is totally ## up, right now u’re ##invincible and i dont want to play or invest anymore money in a game where who pay the most win; once people will start realizing that they’ll quit leaving only refillers to kills eachother with WB. Then even the refillers will quit…

PS: i am not blaming black ops, iam blaming the game

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Bandor:
Originally posted by Hotshot2k4:

It was a one-time thing because 6 factions attacked black ops within the same hour, and winning meant reaching faction level 4.

You managed to win against SEVEN FACTIONS in an ORGANIZED AND COMBINED ATTACK, with all their members SAVING ENERGY TO BEAT YOU. Man i am sorry but this is totally ## up, right now u’re ## invincible and i dont want to play or invest anymore money in a game where who pay the most win; once people will start realizing that they’ll quit leaving only refillers to kills eachother with WB. Then even the refillers will quit…

PS: i am not blaming black ops, iam blaming the game

don’t blame the playa, blame the game

 
Flag Post

So what brought about this episode of an already discussed issue? Did some new faction decide to energy refill in such a manner that your faction could no longer compete with them?

I am confused as to why you continually cry, “FIRE!” while we all watch the building burn.

 
Flag Post

Black Ops is in first place because we are damn good, so while those players that paid for refills let us win all the wars going on (the 7th was a counterattack), it was not by their singular efforts that the wars were won. Seeing as both sides used plenty of war bonds, I think you have to get over your “pay2win” philosophy. They paid, and they didn’t win.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Bandor:
right now u’re ## invincible and i dont want to play or invest anymore money in a game where who pay the most win

Hang on hang on.

You made it very clear you don’t want to play the game where whoever pays the most wins.

Now you say you don’t want to play the game where whoever plays the most wins.

That’s getting hilarious. I wonder what you want, “whoever flames forums the most wins”?

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ArcanisX:

I am not sure what u said ^^ probably some remote insult… but whatever. I called him cheating faggot not because he uses WB, but because he doesnt want the game to change so he can keep using WB_REFILLS TO WIN. Subtle difference…

PS: iam not mad

Originally posted by ArcanisX:

Hang on hang on.


You made it very clear you don’t want to play the game where whoever pays the most wins.


Now you say you don’t want to play the game where whoever plays the most wins.


That’s getting hilarious. I wonder what you want, “whoever flames forums the most wins”?


That’s a cool idea, we could make an achievement out of that :)

 
Flag Post

trant roadmap:

We may add a new meter – Stamina – and change Faction Wars to use it instead of Energy. This will make increase the amount of playing time you have, and make it so you don’t have to choose between missions and Faction Wars.

 
Flag Post

Lol (in diesem fall kommst du mit vernunft nicht mehr weit, aber man kanns ja trotzdem nochmal versuchen. ;p)

The sides have been taken, and neither bandor and the other mendicants nor the d. trump imitators will accept one others argument, no matter how valid it would be.

Btw dont feel offended by the title both sides received in this post, i personally wont judge anyone (since its not our right to judge on how other handle their stuff…some guys in here should think about this imo XD). You can consider me Switzerland in this.

Everyone throwing stones at black ops…what do you think would have been different when they didnt do as they did? They were still capable of winning 2 of those wars. So you would have made your grudge on them clear, they would have found someone to get the points back in…2 days?…and would have been where? Still #1, correct and by that time level 4 anyway. So whats the big deal? Even with the refills the fights had to be fought and won. If anything claim to have forced them to to what you would never do… Btw its funny that this almost completly not from those involved if you look at the first posts in the mentioned thread, but at some point the haters had to make them heard. oO

And on the other hand ganging up on someone just because they decided they want to put some more effort into this game to be in the spot they are in? Who is free from guilt cast the first stone! No one? Thought so!

Well, most people on forums are quick to judge if someone with a different argument has to be jealous, a faggot, a no-lifer, a cheater, a kid and th list goes on…but again no one has the right to judge anyone he doesnt know shit off!

I think many just feel the temptation to verbally assault because the internet provides anonimity. So why dont we all just realize there is a human being on the other end of the computer and calm this down a little!?

BTT: I think the problem could be solved if the defenses were limited as the attacks are…so 1 attack and 1 defense at a time maximum, like i had it on the most other games i used to play in the past.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by CD_Corpse:

Lol (in diesem fall kommst du mit vernunft nicht mehr weit, aber man kanns ja trotzdem nochmal versuchen. ;p)

The sides have been taken, and neither bandor and the other mendicants nor the d. trump imitators will accept one others argument, no matter how valid it would be.

Btw dont feel offended by the title both sides received in this post, i personally wont judge anyone (since its not our right to judge on how other handle their stuff…some guys in here should think about this imo XD). You can consider me Switzerland in this.

Everyone throwing stones at black ops…what do you think would have been different when they didnt do as they did? They were still capable of winning 2 of those wars. So you would have made your grudge on them clear, they would have found someone to get the points back in…2 days?…and would have been where? Still #1, correct and by that time level 4 anyway. So whats the big deal? Even with the refills the fights had to be fought and won. If anything claim to have forced them to to what you would never do… Btw its funny that this almost completly not from those involved if you look at the first posts in the mentioned thread, but at some point the haters had to make them heard. oO

And on the other hand ganging up on someone just because they decided they want to put some more effort into this game to be in the spot they are in? Who is free from guilt cast the first stone! No one? Thought so!

Well, most people on forums are quick to judge if someone with a different argument has to be jealous, a faggot, a no-lifer, a cheater, a kid and th list goes on…but again no one has the right to judge anyone he doesnt know shit off!

I think many just feel the temptation to verbally assault because the internet provides anonimity. So why dont we all just realize there is a human being on the other end of the computer and calm this down a little!?


BTT: I think the problem could be solved if the defenses were limited as the attacks are…so 1 attack and 1 defense at a time maximum, like i had it on the most other games i used to play in the past.


As i said i am not mad against bops. And no, problem is the no-limit warbonding limiting defense doesnt help at all…

I still think my solution is the best, letting everyone buying the victory but not for cheap so everyone’s happy