Forums Tyrant

Wall of Shame (locked)

38 posts

Flag Post

Hi! This is a place to post the names of people you have caught in your faction, or some other factions running a defense deck with no one in it.

Topping the Wall of shame for today:

iguananinja
BoomerKuwanger

Flag Post

Name calling is ..well at least unnecessary if not unfair. Who are you to judge if it was with a purpose? I just fought someone without a deck and 3 minutes later fought him again and he had a full deck. Seems like I caught him while he was changing his defense, huh?

Maybe someone wanted to change his deck and was distracted in real life and after 3 hours he returns just to see he was caught with pants down by an attacking faction?

If there are such guys that you try to point at that use such cheap tactics, they are to be removed quickly by the leader or an officer. If they dont realize that in every war that guy scores zero or only a few points just get rid of him.

But I dont think we need that kind of witch-hunt that you try to put up here.

Vote for closure!!!

Flag Post

good job moep we already got our first troll lolz :)

Flag Post

Yep… Isn’t it fabulous, Hi Troll, do you need a hug?

We know exactly what happened actually. Why are you so afraid of the thread? Are you afraid it will make it difficult for you to do this kind of thing to unsuspecting factions? lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mark0628:

good job moep we already got our first troll lolz :)

Uh yeah, my post was full of trolling. Facepalm! I was arguing in a proper way and pointing out that it is unfair to accuse someone of something as long as you dont have proof and leave it to the factions to get rid of the foul fruits in their middle.

Still witch-hunting can and should be considered cyber-mobbing and i dont think kongregate wants this. Just like you just accused me of something out of the blue just because i have a different oppinion. Very mature. I still see what you think to do with this thread, but you are definitely wrong with this.

Flag Post

Ok, well I actually admit, it’s vaguely possible that Boomer is an accident, however if it is it’s an accident that’s been going on for a couple days.

However, iguananinja was no accident. And while I admit that I have no reason to suspect you. I also was in large part joking (see my lol). However, it’s no joke that people are raising and planting dupes in other factions to make it easier to attack them.

That is neither a joke, nor is it funny. It’s a real problem. If you have a solution to that problem try posting it in the suggestions forum. Otherwise I think it’s only right and fair to give future faction leaders that these people may apply to a heads up that they did this in the past.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CD_Corpse:

Name calling is ..well at least unnecessary if not unfair. Who are you to judge if it was with a purpose? I just fought someone without a deck and 3 minutes later fought him again and he had a full deck. Seems like I caught him while he was changing his defense, huh?

Maybe someone wanted to change his deck and was distracted in real life and after 3 hours he returns just to see he was caught with pants down by an attacking faction?

If there are such guys that you try to point at that use such cheap tactics, they are to be removed quickly by the leader or an officer. If they dont realize that in every war that guy scores zero or only a few points just get rid of him.

But I dont think we need that kind of witch-hunt that you try to put up here.

Vote for closure!!!

I really have to agree with CD_Corpse here. His argument was legitimate and has a very good point. Basically, TL;DR:

1) People have a life. If you’re butthurt about people forgetting to put up a proper defense deck, then you really do need to go out more.
2) People accidently click on the wrong decks. It happens. We’re all human.
3) Namecalling just crosses the line.

Also, he’s not saying it’s funny. Do you see him going “Trololololol get better members, noob, lol”? No. Yes, it sucks for you, and yes, it hurts your faction. But namecalling for something like this is just too far.

Flag Post

never went into a battle with the wrong deck? auto on? – stuff like this happens
to be honest: i’m always happy if i found someone in the arena with a low health commander and zero cards.
special thanks to those guys
without them it would take years to get bulldozer

Flag Post
Originally posted by PureVernunft:

never went into a battle with the wrong deck? auto on? – stuff like this happens
to be honest: i’m always happy if i found someone in the arena with a low health commander and zero cards.

I have trouble believing it’s an accident when it’s been like that for a couple days, or when the person is in your faction and refuses to respond to any pm’s… there are other things that went on too but it doesn’t matter.

There’s a big difference between people who are not in factions that have zero card decks for defense and those that are in factions and leave their decks empty to hurt their faction.

This is NOT about the arena. It’s about cheating in factions, there’s a huge difference.

@GuolinS Actually the argument was horible because he did not know the circumstances of what went on, nor did he bother to ask. He simply assumed he knew what was going on. He posted an inflamitory and insulting post, that’s trollish behavior. He may not normally do that kind of thing, but in this case his actions were not one of reasoned debate.

Flag Post

samy
NoArrival
ddevil6
1337Player
DT1981
knekt

I have always found these ones with an empty deck

Flag Post

you can kick those and inactive players
their is no need to put those guys in the pillory

Flag Post

actually, empty decks give about 16-17 pts a win, compared with significantly higher pts for a bad defense deck.

your faction mates might actually be ‘helping’ out in this case.

Flag Post
@GuolinS Actually the argument was horible because he did not know the circumstances of what went on, nor did he bother to ask. He simply assumed he knew what was going on. He posted an inflamitory and insulting post, that’s trollish behavior. He may not normally do that kind of thing, but in this case his actions were not one of reasoned debate.

Ok, feel free to quote the part where I was being trollish. I am really curious now. Surely I know what you mean, since I read your posts before. Now the way it would be fair is to pm (ok, we dont see who is the leader from the outside) someone else in that faction and inform them. Then they should talk to that person and take action if needed.

But to post thos names on here is still leading to innocent people that made the mistake crossing your path while they had no defense deck for what reason it might be being treated as outlaws and maybe even flamed and bullied whenever they show up. Even if its only one that is misjudged and 5 so called cheaters are thrown out of their factions this is not worth it. 1 wrongly accused is enough to make it a witch-hunt in worst case scenario and I cant imagine you would want that, since you still seem to try this for a good reason.

But: The end justifies the means just isn´t correct!

Flag Post
Originally posted by meop79:
Originally posted by PureVernunft:

I have trouble believing it’s an accident when it’s been like that for a couple days, or when the person is in your faction and refuses to respond to any pm’s… there are other things that went on too but it doesn’t matter.

There’s a big difference between people who are not in factions that have zero card decks for defense and those that are in factions and leave their decks empty to hurt their faction.

This is NOT about the arena. It’s about cheating in factions, there’s a huge difference.

First of all, there’s a thing called real life. Yes, Tyrant is fun, but if you get into a major accident, or you get in trouble with the law, or your business wants you to go out of town instantly, you have to do it. For the younger folks, you can be grounded by your parents (hey, let’s unplug his computer for 5 days because he punched his sister; he’ll learn to deal with it!) or have to go somewhere with your family with no prior notice. You have full right to kick him out – hell, I’d advise you to kick all faction members that are inactive like that – after all, they are hurting your faction, and if they have the ability to play Tyrant again, they’ll just have to find a new faction.

However, calling out on the forums is just too far. If the people do have the ability to play Tyrant again, their chances of finding a new faction has dropped greatly. It’s up to their potentially new faction leaders to decide whether or not they are good members – maybe they’re lucky and real life doesn’t hinder their ability to play Tyrant anymore. However, you go ahead and publicize this issue, an issue that all you had to do was kick him out/warn him/whatever. However, you went out past your faction and into the public, and you had absolutely no right to take the issue out in the public.

Yes, I’ve been a guild/faction/clan/alliance leader in many, many games. I know how it feels; I know the impact. It hurts you, and it definitely warrants a kick, and you don’t even have to explain why to these people. But accusing and publicizing is just too much.

Also, you speak about CD_Corpse not knowing the circumstances of the situation? You really have no room to talk. Your former faction member could have had MANY, MANY real life circumstances that was hurting/is hurting him much more than a minor ONLINE GAME FACTION WAR. He could have been arrested, he could have had a serious disease – even being grounded is more serious than something online that matters very little. Sure, you PM’d him, but tell me – if you’re in the hospital clinging to life, or you are in a jail, or your computer is unplugged – how do you reply to a PM on an online game?

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobbbbbbbb:

actually, empty decks give about 16-17 pts a win, compared with significantly higher pts for a bad defense deck.

your faction mates might actually be ‘helping’ out in this case.

Shrug, then if their faction knows about it there’s no harm done. After all if its been discussed and they know the deck is empty, then great. By the way, I’ve got 20 points from empty decks when I attacked them…

Flag Post

i usually get 20-25 points from empty decks

Flag Post
Originally posted by GuolinS:

First of all, there’s a thing called real life. Yes, Tyrant is fun, but if you get into a major accident, or you get in trouble with the law, or your business wants you to go out of town instantly, you have to do it. For the younger folks, you can be grounded by your parents (hey, let’s unplug his computer for 5 days because he punched his sister; he’ll learn to deal with it!) or have to go somewhere with your family with no prior notice. You have full right to kick him out – hell, I’d advise you to kick all faction members that are inactive like that – after all, they are hurting your faction, and if they have the ability to play Tyrant again, they’ll just have to find a new faction.

However, calling out on the forums is just too far. If the people do have the ability to play Tyrant again, their chances of finding a new faction has dropped greatly. It’s up to their potentially new faction leaders to decide whether or not they are good members – maybe they’re lucky and real life doesn’t hinder their ability to play Tyrant anymore. However, you go ahead and publicize this issue, an issue that all you had to do was kick him out/warn him/whatever. However, you went out past your faction and into the public, and you had absolutely no right to take the issue out in the public.

Yes, I’ve been a guild/faction/clan/alliance leader in many, many games. I know how it feels; I know the impact. It hurts you, and it definitely warrants a kick, and you don’t even have to explain why to these people. But accusing and publicizing is just too much.

Also, you speak about CD_Corpse not knowing the circumstances of the situation? You really have no room to talk. Your former faction member could have had MANY, MANY real life circumstances that was hurting/is hurting him much more than a minor ONLINE GAME FACTION WAR. He could have been arrested, he could have had a serious disease – even being grounded is more serious than something online that matters very little. Sure, you PM’d him, but tell me – if you’re in the hospital clinging to life, or you are in a jail, or your computer is unplugged – how do you reply to a PM on an online game?

Requoted due to interrupting post(s).

Flag Post

Ok, if this doesnt get locked by a mod lets please try to calm down. We dont need just another flame war, i think we all agree to that.

Flag Post

let’s stay on track here and list the culprits

Flag Post

No one expects the Tyrant inquisition! I would help but i cant find my torch and pitchfork kit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobbbbbbbb:

let’s stay on track here and list the culprits

Culprits? Really? It might seem like off-topic, but honestly, these people don’t deserve to be called culprits. Let me requote:

Originally posted by GuolinS:
Calling out on the forums is just too far. If the people do have the ability to play Tyrant again, their chances of finding a new faction has dropped greatly. It’s up to their potentially new faction leaders to decide whether or not they are good members – maybe they’re lucky and real life doesn’t hinder their ability to play Tyrant anymore. However, you go ahead and publicize this issue, an issue that all you had to do was kick him out/warn him/whatever. However, you went out past your faction and into the public, and you had absolutely no right to take the issue out in the public.

Flag Post

Well at least meop is able/willing to debate about different arguments while some guys obviously immediately jumped on board: hey we get to accuse people of something in here….whooo lets go look for the first victims….facepalm, immature imo.

Flag Post

@ CD_Corpse: What was particularly inflammatory was the following:

1) Saying I was calling names. I wasn’t nowhere in the OP does it call anyone a name, it simply says that I am posting their names on the “Wall of shame”. That is not name calling, just expressing my personal opinion.

2) Saying I was starting a witch-hunt is ridiculous and insulting. There was nothing in what I said that was encouraging a witch hunt. Simply a way for people to have some idea of what had already taken place.

@GuolinS: Actually keeping nasty secrets in the dark is a really great idea! Why didn’t I think of that! That way people can keep getting away with it! :)

Besides, you don’t have a clue about the actual facts either, you’re simply responding with outrageous and inflammatory comments.

The person I’m talking about was contacted repeatedly, and was online playing tyrant. So to suggest he was “in the hospital clinging to life” is beyond ridiculous, it’s insulting.

Flag Post

I waste wb and I still lost :( Time to make butthurt thread.

Flag Post
Originally posted by scapegoat_001:

I waste wb and I still lost :( Time to make butthurt thread.

roflmao…

You’re funny. Actually, if you’re in Covert Ops, I want to sincerely thank you, because without one of your members we probably would never have figured it out at all. :)

And that would have cost us far more in the long run! :)