Forums Tyrant

Wall of Shame page 2 (locked)

38 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by meop79:

@ CD_Corpse: What was particularly inflammatory was the following:

@GuolinS: Actually keeping nasty secrets in the dark is a really great idea! Why didn’t I think of that! That way people can keep getting away with it! :)

Besides, you don’t have a clue about the actual facts either, you’re simply responding with outrageous and inflammatory comments.

The person I’m talking about was contacted repeatedly, and was online playing tyrant. So to suggest he was “in the hospital clinging to life” is beyond ridiculous, it’s insulting.

But that’s the thing. None of us know exactly what his real life situation is. “In the hospital clinging to life” was merely one of many, many possibilities – in fact, I listed several less severe situations that were still much more damaging than ~20-100 points in a faction war.

And you’re not just simply revealing a secret. In fact, it was never a “secret”, because he didn’t have the chance to hide the info. What you’re doing is basically like mailing a postcard to everyone saying “Joe Smith stole $20 bucks from me! Don’t trust him!” If another faction leader happens to ask you “Is this faction member a good faction member”, then by all means, tell them what you think – they wanted to know the info, and they deserve the info. However, you’re publicizing the info, and even people who weren’t looking for the info in the first place now know it.

Flag Post

@ CD_Corpse: What was particularly inflammatory was the following:

1) Saying I was calling names. I wasn’t nowhere in the OP does it call anyone a name, it simply says that I am posting their names on the “Wall of shame”. That is not name calling, just expressing my personal opinion.

Mentioning other usernames in context of bad behaviour (why would you put them on a wall of shame if not for bad behaviour?) IS namecalling.

2) Saying I was starting a witch-hunt is ridiculous and insulting. There was nothing in what I said that was encouraging a witch hunt. Simply a way for people to have some idea of what had already taken place.

We are all responsible for our actions, and since you dont seem to be a retard or a little kid that just wants to flame someone you clearly have to know how the community reacts if they read this….communities become sort of a mob real quick as we all have seen before for sure!

@GuolinS: Actually keeping nasty secrets in the dark is a really great idea! Why didn’t I think of that! That way people can keep getting away with it! :)

Not if you do the right thing and inform other guys in that faction and if they cant handle this this is still not your business and at least you can always rightfully claim you tried!

Besides, you don’t have a clue about the actual facts either, you’re simply responding with outrageous and inflammatory comments.

The person I’m talking about was contacted repeatedly, and was online playing tyrant. So to suggest he was “in the hospital clinging to life” is beyond ridiculous, it’s insulting.

Still, nailing them to a cross here isnt the best way…its a way but definitely not a good one.

Edit: Well MY real life says its time to go to bed now. Just want to add that I see this as a debate over different oppinions between us meop, nothing personal. If a flame war with anyone else starts i wont join that.

A curious (and a bit frightened about it) Corpse wishes a good night to anyone and dont take it all to serious. In the end its just a game!

Flag Post

You’re funny :)

No U.

Flag Post

Now I’m no Forum Mod on here, but the purpose for this thread is most definitely not acceptable under the Conduct Guidelines. Malicious and abusive behaviour towards users is not accepted, and I find this “Wall of Shame” to be considerably deep into the category of abusive no matter how much you say it is not name-calling.

The phrase, “If you can’t say something nice, say nothing at all.” is key wisdom to live by when on the internet. Keep this in mind when you think about creating threads like this again, they’ll only be locked.

Flag Post

@ GuolinS: That’s just non-sense. Besides in any slander accusation the ultimate defense is the truth.

The truth is exactly what I said. The people in question were running empty decks, no changing over their decks, not having an accident, or a brain fart. You don’t do that for several days when you’re online and active and ignoring pm’s. That’s just ridiculous.

@CD_Corpse: Actually I think it’s about the only way. It is only bad behavior if it isn’t true. If it’s true it is not only not bad behavior it is a community service!

Are you seriously suggesting that just because someone might over-react or behave foolishly people shouldn’t tell what is clearly going on??? I didn’t put anyone on a cross, or even anything vaguely close. If this issue is ever going to be resolved, and it’s a very serious issue, it will have to be discussed, openly. Sitting on it and handling it quietly behind closed doors is outrageous. What is that what you’d recommend whenever someone commits bad behavior?

Do you work in Public Relations?

@scapegoat_001: I wasn’t joking, thank you very much.

Flag Post

maybe change the title, wall of shame to something else

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheWhiteAngel:

Now I’m no Forum Mod on here, but the purpose for this thread is most definitely not acceptable under the Conduct Guidelines. Malicious and abusive behaviour towards users is not accepted, and I find this “Wall of Shame” to be considerably deep into the category of abusive no matter how much you say it is not name-calling.

The phrase, “If you can’t say something nice, say nothing at all.” is key wisdom to live by when on the internet. Keep this in mind when you think about creating threads like this again, they’ll only be locked.

There is nothing abusive about the truth.

If you can’t say things that aren’t nice, then most of the nasty things people do on a daily basis would go unreported. On the positive side our jails would be empty! :) On the negative side… are you kidding?

Violating the Kongregate TOS by cheating in a game is a shameful act, period.

Flag Post

I guess you didn’t get the memo where Synapticon himself admitted that having an empty defense deck isn’t against the rules.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xianide:

I guess you didn’t get the memo where Synapticon himself admitted that having an empty defense deck isn’t against the rules.

Nope, but creating duplicate accounts to cheat at a game is.

Flag Post

If you can’t say things that aren’t nice, then most of the nasty things people do on a daily basis would go unreported. On the positive side our jails would be empty! :) On the negative side… are you kidding?

It is hypocritical to say that you are doing a good deed by making examples of hackers and cheaters, that is neither justice nor helpful to any Moderator/Admin on the site. You leave it to them to sort out such things as this, or you could help out by reporting the users, but what you’ve done here only worsens matters.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheWhiteAngel:

It is hypocritical to say that you are doing a good deed by making examples of hackers and cheaters, that is neither justice nor helpful to any Moderator/Admin on the site. You leave it to them to sort out such things as this, or you could help out by reporting the users, but what you’ve done here only worsens matters.

How exactly is it either hypocritical or making matters worse? I have done nothing hypocritical here. Nothing I have done here has gone against anything I have said on here. In fact I’ve been quite consistent.

As for making matters worse? How exactly? By publicly raising awareness of bad behavior so that others may be forewarned of potential dangers? Certainly, that’s awful.

Flag Post

Topping the Wall of shame for today:

meop79
iguananinja
BoomerKuwanger

Flag Post
Originally posted by scapegoat_001:

Topping the Wall of shame for today:

meop79
iguananinja
BoomerKuwanger

You’re entitled to your opinion, I’m interested though as to why you think so, since you personally benefited from the bad conduct in question.