Forums Tyrant

[DECK] In need of solid-knowledgable help.

32 posts

Flag Post

I’m having the feeling my current decks are suited for any type of situation right now, however I also have the feeling also they could be better even if it was a little bit. I’m not certain anymore with the possible tweaks that are necessary to achieve this.
I’ll post my deck up here for those interested in helping out.

- I will take your information serious if you provide feedback that is actually helpful (contructive/positive)
- Also please post why I should change and under which conditions should be done.
- I will give you feedback to your suggestion as well if I find it interesting enough to respond to.

Otherwize feel free to contribute in the discussion:
Top deck = Offense
Bottom deck = Defense

Concept of the top deck: The purpose of this deck is to make sure the defender doesn’t have the chance to have more assault cards on the board then I do. Poseidon I find personally the best healing unit available at the moment so I won’t change it for an Aegis.

D.Queen/Mawcor combination is the powerhouse on this deck providing rally kills quite alot as D.Queen is able to rally Mawcor.
Rifter for Strike all, Predator to kill Tiamat/D.Queen from enemy.
Havoc as the best Mind Controller killer and Tridents for the necessary counter defense along with immobilizing the enemy.
I would use 2 Dominated Hatchlings and replace 1 Trident with them for heal to be more efficent but seeing as I only got one I see Trident as nice replacement.

Concept of the bottom deck: Mind F***ing that’s all.
I enjoy being that 1 deck in a faction war that annoys the hell out of everyone, winning in turn 50. Festerich is there for Siphon/Crush which I find a must in a defense deck personally. And you probably know why Tridents are there as well. In my opinion it tops Mind Controllers. I was thinking of Demolition Bots though, share me your opinions.

Thank you in advance!

Flag Post

They look like some pretty solid decks, too bad my faction’s 90 away from tridents :(
Your offensive seems to be pretty short on siege, I don’t know if this is a problem, but a good draxwall seems like a rather efficient counter. Maybe add in an EQG or a cannon walker, ragnarok if you have it >:D

Your defense looks pretty brutal, however, I’ve never quite seen the point in festerich. I’d be tempted to go half and half airstrikes/tridents with Freddie so you stand a chance against evade. Still, I can’t help but be a tad jealous D:

Flag Post
Originally posted by swishscoop:

They look like some pretty solid decks, too bad my faction’s 90 away from tridents :(
Your offensive seems to be pretty short on siege, I don’t know if this is a problem, but a good draxwall seems like a rather efficient counter. Maybe add in an EQG or a cannon walker, ragnarok if you have it >:D

Your defense looks pretty brutal, however, I’ve never quite seen the point in festerich. I’d be tempted to go half and half airstrikes/tridents with Freddie so you stand a chance against evade. Still, I can’t help but be a tad jealous D:

Thanks for the feedback.
I’m not interested in Siegekilling though, Poseidon takes care of most Siege in general, Wall Structures fall down really easy with D.Queen/Mawcor combo so I’m not so concerned with any strong Structure cards in general. EQG/Ragnarok’s delay are to high to be of any good value within the actual match at least not in my current experience. Dracorex’ weaken is already plenty in most of the situations.

If by any chance Atlas does get damaged then Festerich will heal him up while he crushes the other commander, it’s 1 of the best defense cards alive right now but people don’t really know the value of Siphon that much since strike usually does the work along with counter.
It originally had a Dozer Tank/another Trident but I figured some people were on about the amount of HP Atlas had left in the end and sometimes actually did lose.

Flag Post

Why is it so dark in here?!? Ah… someone’s ego-tridents are blocking the sun >_>

Flag Post
Originally posted by piemee:

Why is it so dark in here?!? Ah… someone’s ego-tridents are blocking the sun >_>

Maybe your just on the darkside where most of the whiners/douchebags are.

Flag Post

multiple tridents/airstrikes and only 1 hatchling? lulz i has a trading proposal.

Flag Post

By the time you get cards like that you should be able to use your own brains to analyze your deck, the choices available to you and their ups and downs (you obviously already have some idea templates).

All I see here is “Look I’ve got 5 tridents, jealous?”

Your defense deck on the other hand looks very weak against decks that employ heavy healing (be it through activateables or a few mend wounds) and/or evade and high health cards.

Flag Post

By the time you get cards like that you should be able to use your own brains to analyze your deck, the choices available to you and their ups and downs (you obviously already have some idea templates).

All I see here is “Look I’ve got 5 tridents, jealous?”

Your defense deck on the other hand looks very weak against decks that employ heavy healing (be it through activateables or a few mend wounds) and/or evade and high health cards.

piemee, you might want to readjust those reality distortion goggles you’ve got on. Just because FU analyzed his decks to be the best he can make doesn’t mean they are, which is why it’s perfectly acceptable for him to ask for an outside opinion. Especially since its above the average person’s capability to accept that their opinions are wrong without some outside force.

I’m curious, are you jealous?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xianide:

piemee, you might want to readjust those reality distortion goggles you’ve got on. Just because FU analyzed his decks to be the best he can make doesn’t mean they are, which is why it’s perfectly acceptable for him to ask for an outside opinion. Especially since its above the average person’s capability to accept that their opinions are wrong without some outside force.

Sure he is, but here he’s just rubbing the cards on people’s faces. How many people do you think have experience on building working decks with tridents? Sure, the theorycrafting of decks is fun and all, but you still need to get intimate with them to actually see how they perform – the 600 000 permutations (only 60 000 for his attack deck, since he’s got 2 tridents, a lot less for his defense deck) of how your deck can unfold makes sure that there are always situations we didn’t think of the first time around and that’s not even counting the possible counters in.

I’m curious, are you jealous?

Yeah, a little, aren’t you?

Flag Post

ah, know I understand =)

may I ask how often do you have to play against wall decks?
as I said in the other thread I have to play every second or third match against some kind of wall or a mix deck

Flag Post

You go wrong here piemee, you asume that I rub Tridents in people’s faces but I’m deckbuilding here.
Unlike others I don’t got pummeler or stealthy niaq to use.
If you really are that jealous you work just as hard as I did to earn those Tridents.

That’s how it works, now please resume the topic to deck building..

@PureVernuft I play quite often against wall decks in Arena.
When a Wall deck comes I got a 4/10 chance opening that will increase my chances of winning: Dominated Hatchling/Poseidon and Mawcor/D.Queen.

Flag Post

titan for the EMP maybe?

Flag Post

Your defence deck is nice, but if i were you, I’ll change one airstrike to Dozer Tank, cuz your commander is Atlas neither Dracorex, and if opponet plays card with power 1, the card can weaken to 0 and Dozer then doesn’t reflect anything, but if you use atlas and dozer tank, it reflects back 2 damage + 1 by atlas and it has regenerate and it is higher chance to kill opponets creatures, than using 3 tridents, 1x Fenerich and 6x Airstrike.

And your offence deck… 1. needs more siege 2. Slow Cards much of those(easy to strike)
3. More strike, cuz this deck with Dracorex vs striker deck doesn’t work good.
Dracorex, Havoc, Poseidon, EMP, Rifter, Predator, Full power(vs building decks very good), Vaporwing/Dominated hatchlings (Vaporwing is good defence card with armor 2, flying and Evade but Hatchling has healing witch can save other creatures), Trident, DQueen and Tiamat works better i think. :)

Flag Post

As an off-topic note, how much is a Trident?

Flag Post

I believe FinalUnknown has previously said 7,500 gold

Flag Post
Originally posted by FinalUnknown:If you really are that jealous you work just as hard as I did to earn those Tridents.

What exactly is that jealous? I said a little, which is what most people without tridents are, some just don’t have the balls to admit it.

That being said, I still don’t see how your defense deck isn’t obliberated by pretty much any high health / healing deck, don’t tell me the urge to bash me with how wrong I am made you skip that part?

More importantly: What’s the point of concentrating on offence decks anyway, when you can’t be sure of anything until you play against the opponent and after that, making a counter deck should be a piece of cake as long as you paid attention to the opponents cards the first time around (regardless of wether you won or not) – sure, general strenght is fine, but I don’t see how your deck is going to get any stronger in general, just stronger against some types of decks and weaker against some since you’re flying with a rainbow with good cards.

Defense deck is what is important because that’s the deck with all the possible disadvantages and one should strive to create at least 2 defense decks that counter each others obvious counter decks the best, then keep swapping them around every now and then – the difficulty here comes from balancing the decks from countering each others counters and being general-purpose defense decks – too much concentration on countering the counter and you’ll be left with a deck that only wins against 1 type of deck – too much generalization and you’ll end up with a deck that does poorly against every types of decks.

Additionally, even if you want to keep up the offensive side of it, you’re doing it the wrong way around. The correct way would be to analyze the deck for any possible weaknesses (read, find decks that counter it) and try to find cards to swap in such a way that the deck is strenghtened against that weakness more than it is weakened against other builds. I see no such discussion anywhere in the ‘zomg dekc dischussion’ threads.

So which is it going to be? In-depth analysis or light talk in form of some random card swap opinions with pretty much no real reasons while flapping the tridents around? >:)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Peelopelaaja:

Your defence deck is nice, but if i were you, I’ll change one airstrike to Dozer Tank, cuz your commander is Atlas neither Dracorex, and if opponet plays card with power 1, the card can weaken to 0 and Dozer then doesn’t reflect anything, but if you use atlas and dozer tank, it reflects back 2 damage + 1 by atlas and it has regenerate and it is higher chance to kill opponets creatures, than using 3 tridents, 1x Fenerich and 6x Airstrike.

And your offence deck… 1. needs more siege 2. Slow Cards much of those(easy to strike)
3. More strike, cuz this deck with Dracorex vs striker deck doesn’t work good.
Dracorex, Havoc, Poseidon, EMP, Rifter, Predator, Full power(vs building decks very good), Vaporwing/Dominated hatchlings (Vaporwing is good defence card with armor 2, flying and Evade but Hatchling has healing witch can save other creatures), Trident, DQueen and Tiamat works better i think. :)

Your theory about the Dozer Tank makes alot of sense, however regenerate is still a chance card and I don’t really like any of those types in my deck, mainly because it might not regenerate. That was also the reason why I replaced it with a Festerich.

Vaporwing is very interesting, I never really looked into it to be honest up to this point and it has been collecting dust for a while now. I could replace it with a Trident. Full Power, I never actually saw that card before someone mentioned it to me.
It would solve a problem with annoying walls along with rallying my units.
But now with adding Full Power, I don’t know what to cut out. I’ve replaced 1 Trident for Vaporwing but I don’t really want to get rid of another Trident or Mawcor. I don’t really feel like having a Tiamat since it dies out so easily.

Thank you very much Peelopelaaja you helped out alot!

Originally posted by FinalUnknown:If you really are that jealous you work just as hard as I did to earn those Tridents.

What exactly is that jealous? I said a little, which is what most people without tridents are, some just don’t have the balls to admit it.

That being said, I still don’t see how your defense deck isn’t obliberated by pretty much any high health / healing deck, don’t tell me the urge to bash me with how wrong I am made you skip that part?

More importantly: What’s the point of concentrating on offence decks anyway, when you can’t be sure of anything until you play against the opponent and after that, making a counter deck should be a piece of cake as long as you paid attention to the opponents cards the first time around (regardless of wether you won or not) – sure, general strenght is fine, but I don’t see how your deck is going to get any stronger in general, just stronger against some types of decks and weaker against some since you’re flying with a rainbow with good cards.

Defense deck is what is important because that’s the deck with all the possible disadvantages and one should strive to create at least 2 defense decks that counter each others obvious counter decks the best, then keep swapping them around every now and then – the difficulty here comes from balancing the decks from countering each others counters and being general-purpose defense decks – too much concentration on countering the counter and you’ll be left with a deck that only wins against 1 type of deck – too much generalization and you’ll end up with a deck that does poorly against every types of decks.

Additionally, even if you want to keep up the offensive side of it, you’re doing it the wrong way around. The correct way would be to analyze the deck for any possible weaknesses (read, find decks that counter it) and try to find cards to swap in such a way that the deck is strenghtened against that weakness more than it is weakened against other builds. I see no such discussion anywhere in the ‘zomg dekc dischussion’ threads.

So which is it going to be? In-depth analysis or light talk in form of some random card swap opinions with pretty much no real reasons while flapping the tridents around? >:)

If you would kindly re-read my first post without any anger in your bones then you will have your awnser.
Mainly because you completely overread the point why I made this post to begin with.

Flag Post

I’m gonna make my own “quoting format” here because I’m lazy to quote.

FinalUnknown said: “I don’t really feel like having a Tiamat since it dies out so easily.”

How does Tiamat dies quicker than Predator?

Flag Post

Final, I had the …. pleasure, of fighting your deck in the arena when you had 7x Airstrikes, 2 Tridents, 1 Dozer. Granted I was level 12, I still got rocked!
As stated by someone earlier, I think Evade would do some serious work on your deck, but other than that, the 7 Airstrikes are genius. If the other player is smart, he’ll play wall cards and hope you miss an airstrike, but typically speaking, those things are nasty. Dozer Tank was amazing to play against, because as someone stated earlier, Atlas + Dozer did 3 damage to any unit that attacked it, meanwhile it’s raining airstrikes! I couldn’t play any assault cards, but I did manage to win the very first battle using Heal and somehow really good luck. Solid def. deck.

Flag Post

You’ll probably think I’m crazy but I personally don’t like the D. Queen in that deck. Mawcor is already an insanely powerful card and does not need to be rallied. I’d put in Titan.

Flag Post

“Your theory about the Dozer Tank makes alot of sense, however regenerate is still a chance card and I don’t really like any of those types in my deck, mainly because it might not regenerate. That was also the reason why I replaced it with a Festerich.”
I mean you use Atlas, 2x Trident, 5x Airstrike, Dozer Tank and Fenerich in your def deck and you’ll put Dozer Tank instead of Airstrike in your defence deck cuz creature cards with Evade can evade strike ability but can’t evade Counter and higher chance to miss one airstrike for nothing, and counter 2 is good like against Colossus spam, when colossus attacks, it does 2 damage and it gets back 2 and when u attack with Dozer tank (3) colossus dies in higher chance, than airstrike and atlas (25% chance) with Dozertank (50% chance). And remeber Dozer Tank has regenerate.

“Vaporwing is very interesting, I never really looked into it to be honest up to this point and it has been collecting dust for a while now. I could replace it with a Trident. Full Power, I never actually saw that card before someone mentioned it to me.
It would solve a problem with annoying walls along with rallying my units.
But now with adding Full Power, I don’t know what to cut out. I’ve replaced 1 Trident for Vaporwing but I don’t really want to get rid of another Trident or Mawcor. I don’t really feel like having a Tiamat since it dies out so easily.” ye, Tiamat dies fast but if you are playing slow cards, Tiamat’s strike 2 ability is really usefull to get them into play. But Vaporwing and Full Power is the absolute cards to put in your offense deck. 3 least necessary cards in your offense deck is Hatchling, one Trident and Mawcor (EMP too). Hatchling is bad, cuz you use Dracorex. Dracorex decreases enemy creature cards power to 0/1 and poseidon can heal the 1 damage, but if opponet plays high 3+/3+ creature cards with good abilities and delay 3+ example Goliath, you have time to play like havoc, predator, Tiamat, or some other creature card in play with strike, witch kills it fast, but dominated cant kill it and dies fast against it. Trident is mostly defence creature card but immobilize can prevent high damage, or if Trident doesn’t immobilize that creature, it counters some damage back so only one in offense deck works good. Mawcor with delay 3 is easy to kill with missile silo, tiamat or Predator with Atlas as defending CO, so better cards to that spots are Full power (good attack card vs building decks who commander is Dracorex) or still only for rally/siege, Vaporwing is good defence card agaist all strike cards/weaken cards + it has with Evade, Armor and flying too so ground units has only 25% chance to damage Vaporwing if they have attack more than 2, and Tiamat with Predator is good couple to clear battlefield. (And you can put in the EMP slot Omega,cuz it has weaken, siege and strike and only delay 1) but you make choise what you will do to your deck:)

Flag Post

or you can put in EMP slot X5-Penetrator, it is nice opponets creaturecards manipulator.

Flag Post

I think people have over-rated tridents to be honest.

I’ll only give one piece of advice.
Your defensive deck was much better with Dozer in it (I’ve played it both times and several times) Dozer was the only thing that beat me once in a while.

It seems like your defense would run over your offense though if they matched.

Flag Post

I agree

Flag Post

For your Defense Deck:
Does Festerich net you higher faction points due to crush and siphon?
Like high 20s? Because you get base 15 points for winning then whatever you damage you deal at then end. So i would assume you still have at least 2 or 3 tridents in play for 6 or 9 damage on the commander. then Festerich would either do 3 damage or crush 2 damage. Siphon seems almost useless unless you are facing fear or flurry type,but possibility to siphhon 2 at the end.But then the tridents basically take out the flurriers.
so 8- 14 damage possiblilty. so it should net you the 25 points at least. and final hit kill the commander. I feel though that you will get enough from a predator played as well instead of festerich,it would improve your field control on higher hp units.Or even something like another dominated hatchling for Festerich might not be a bad move.
I just feel that a flurry type might be a better choice like mawcor or fortifier,so you can maximize your last hit potential. And your guild is the only one with tridents. Plus Mind controllers,and dozer tanks are the only ones really roaming around to take out your flurry types but airstrike can 1hit ko them anyway.

tl;dr?
Try a flurry type due to very low chance of counter types being in play with all your airstrikes,so you maximize your last hit potential.