Forums Tyrant

Strategy & Deck tips on beating/farming Creature Combo!

42 posts

Flag Post

The guide is further below. But as a disclaimer I am no longer using any variations of the Impy Walker deck to grind CC4. I think we’ve all graduated from that to farming 89 with II on auto . But read on if you’re interested.

Flag Post

I’m no longer with The Devastators. Thus I have removed this obsolete references to recruitment (assuming it wasn’t obsolete before).

Flag Post

Creature Combo Deck Advice

This is a basic deck that can be used effectively for all lvls of Creature Combo:

Deck Construction Notes:
Impulse Walker can be bought at the store, Rally flags is pretty easy to get via Gold/Silver packs etc. I have 3 Command Centers and no EMPs, meh.

Gun Raven can be substituted for any other fatty (or Rally flag, but I haven’t tested this), and a Command Center can be swapped for another Rally flag (IMO this might even be better!!).

(Z___Y) has also raised a really good point. Try using only 3 Rally Flags and 1 Impulse Walker + another card. I haven’t tried it out, but it should work just as well if not better!

Strategery & Rationale:

The key to winning is to play (1) Rally Flag followed by (2) Impulse Walker. It is [IMPORTANT] not to play a second Impulse walker until a Command Center has loaded in & you have cleared off any opponent meanie on the table. The obvious reason for this is that all the Rally effects should accumulate on only the 1st Walker’s attack! A single Impulse Walker + Rally flags is pretty much enough to kill anything Creature Combo can throw at you.

The Command Center can be played on the third turn (if a second Rally Flag isn’t immediately needed). On the turn it is loading in (no. 6?) you should play a second Walker and the game is as good as over. The fatty (Gun Raven) and the second Command Center and remaining Rally Flags should be filler for the in-between time (Remember to delay playing more Impulse Walkers before the Command Center loads in!!).

Furthermore, since the deck does not depend on a swarm of Assault cards it is relatively immune to Weaken. My deck also deals well with the (annoying, annoying) enemy’s multiple heal as it attempts to outpace the enemy deck by wiping the table clean as soon as possible. Additionally, the deck also has nothing worthy of Mimicking or Evading.

I have had over ~95% success rate with this deck for Combo 1-3 using the above strategy. As for Combo 4, I’ve had a 10/11 success rate thus far with the single failure being a result of having drawn 3 Walkers on the first turn. (I have just finished Combo 4 in 11 tries and won my Shapeshifter … yipee!!)

Additionally, this deck is obviously NOT designed for auto.

Comments on decks by other forum posters:

The reason why most of the decks posted by other forum posters are absolute CRAP is because they are simply general ownage decks that contain way too much cream. If you had multiple EMPS, Missile Silos, Tiamats la-di-da-di-da … you wouldn’t be stuck on Creature Combo would you?

Examples of ‘crap’ deck suggestions for Creature Combo:

or this one from opplol.com with a self-confessed 50% success rate (lol!! I don’t even have half the cards):

If you have any of the above cards you should be owning the missions anyway. But assuming you don’t have all that nifty stuff, go simple with Impulse Walker and the right strategy!
I would greatly welcome some constructive comments on whether the deck and strategy is working.

Updated to work on Creature Combo 4.

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

Good info, but you should really split this into two separate threads…

Flag Post

Thanks!

Flag Post

I’m still looking for a good faction.

I dont know how to post images properly so it will be a text written format for both my offensive and defensive deck.

Offense (I used it to grind to creature combo with ease)

Thadius

Poseidon | Tiamat | Exodrone | EMP | EMP | Irradiated Infantry | Irradiated Infantry
Irradiated Infantry | Sabre | Sabre

Defensive

Yurich

Colossus | Colossus | Fury Walker | Fury Walker | Hydroblade | Cannon Walker | Neocyte Guard
Neocyte Guard | Bulldozer | Mech Walker

I hope this is sufficient and hope to hear from you soon!

Flag Post

where does the gun raven exactly come into play?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Carfhiliot:

I’m still looking for a good faction.

I dont know how to post images properly so it will be a text written format for both my offensive and defensive deck.

Offense (I used it to grind to creature combo with ease)

Thadius

Poseidon | Tiamat | Exodrone | EMP | EMP | Irradiated Infantry | Irradiated Infantry
Irradiated Infantry | Sabre | Sabre

Defensive

Yurich

Colossus | Colossus | Fury Walker | Fury Walker | Hydroblade | Cannon Walker | Neocyte Guard
Neocyte Guard | Bulldozer | Mech Walker

I hope this is sufficient and hope to hear from you soon!

You can send me a private shout (whisper?) on Kong containing Info on your lvl, activity (energy spend per day) & your activity times (i.e. in US Eastern time).

I will then relay the info to our faction chat and the faction will decide then.

Thanks for your interest!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by BurnOne:

where does the gun raven exactly come into play?

Gun Raven can really be swapped for another Rally Flag. The reason why I keep it (or another fatty) is that it is a useful second assault card if the first Walker is somehow removed. It is also helpful if everything is going to hell. But again it isn’t an essential card and I’m sure that another Rally would be better (I only put that screenshot up because it is the deck I have been using on Creature Combo).

Another point of advice would be to improvise. Don’t follow my strategy instructions to the tee. Once you get a gist of what’s going on you should have a pretty good idea of how to beat Creature Combo 4.

Flag Post

u only need to use duncan 3 rally flag 1 impulse walker and 1 other card to have a 90% success rate with combo 4. yes 5 cards is enough…gd luck recruiting and “dissing” other decks

Flag Post

I have just put your info into the post. Although I haven’t tried it out I think you are spot on.

Flag Post

Oh hi, that deck of yours sucks pretty hard, it’s way too volatile for simple bad deck order, your 11 tries with it give you shitty statistics of wether a deck works or not – I’ve had raid decks that worked for 10 times in a row and then turned sour when ‘reality’ came into play once you have to play it 50 times instead.

Your “key to winning” strategy can only be achieved 30% of the time, which already tells alot (infact, in a lot of games you will be seeing rally flags not sooner than 3rd turn, by which time you’ve already lost).

Flag Post
Originally posted by multifails:

Oh hi, that deck of yours sucks pretty hard, it’s way too volatile for simple bad deck order, your 11 tries with it give you shitty statistics of wether a deck works or not – I’ve had raid decks that worked for 10 times in a row and then turned sour when ‘reality’ came into play once you have to play it 50 times instead.

Your “key to winning” strategy can only be achieved 30% of the time, which already tells alot (infact, in a lot of games you will be seeing rally flags not sooner than 3rd turn, by which time you’ve already lost).

lol! Thanks but you’re wrong. The mechanics are fine. You can tune it to what Z___Y said and it might straighten out the drawing odds. Nice try tho.

Flag Post

I don’t even have a command center, let alone two… That seems a key part of this deck

Flag Post

Hatchet spam worked really well for me.

Hatchet and vampires + Asylum.

Spam aslyum for ridiculous attack.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ArthurRiot:

I don’t even have a command center, let alone two… That seems a key part of this deck

Please read the original post on Creature Combo carefully as well as the post by Z__Y. Command Center isn’t essential, but can be useful (imo).

Nowadays, I use Rallys instead of Command Centers. I’ll update the picture at a later date!

Flag Post

i was farming halcyon’s with a rush deck for quite some time now and was looking for something new…

so i tried this out and it worked beautifully ^^

common cards are not to be underestimated!!!

TY =D

Flag Post

Z__Y is on the money. I have no Command Center (despite buying dozens of gold packs), but I do have 4 Rally flags (thanks to buying dozens of gold packs), and I do have a Gun Raven thanks to beating Homeland Defenders 4. An Impulse Walker is a measly 150 gold. I bought two, stuck em in a pack with Duncan (silver Standard commander, might also be guaranteed reward for a mission, I forget), Gun Raven, the 4 flags, and a couple of Raider Encampments (common nexus card) and a Foundry.

After beating Creature Combo 3 once with this, the light came on for me. I edited the pack, took out both Encampments and the Foundry and one of the Walkers, leaving me with six cards, all either guaranteed rewards or trivially easy to farm. The only pain I experience is when Gun Raven inevitably comes out, four turns pass, it eats enough rally boosts that the Walker can’t kill its guy fast enough and manages to die. Then Gun Raven finishes the match off.

The real pain comes from knowing I wasted 150 gold on that second Walker. /shakefist

Flag Post

This looks really nice, and I have all of the cards except one….Rally Flag. I’m level 37 and still don’t have a single Rally Flag. >.>" It’s one of the two cards I’m missing in standard, the other being Nimbus. Do you think that there might be a way that this could work with BT or Imp decks, since I have plenty of Asylums and Harbor Commands?

Flag Post

sidoze for duncan, it prevents gravity tank from damaging that lone impulse walker, play rally flag impulse walker rally flag rally flag. Only thing that beats that order of cards is when the AI puts a 5 hp card down 1st followed by pumeller then polluted blaster somewhere after pumeller(either immediately or somewhere down the line of assault cards, AI putting a structure down will save you though)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kazecuden:

This looks really nice, and I have all of the cards except one….Rally Flag. I’m level 37 and still don’t have a single Rally Flag. >.>" It’s one of the two cards I’m missing in standard, the other being Nimbus. Do you think that there might be a way that this could work with BT or Imp decks, since I have plenty of Asylums and Harbor Commands?

I haven’t tried any BT decks for CC yet since ImpyWalker/Rally is so cheap and effective. What you could do, observing that you’re lvl 37, is to try Asylums and Hatchet backed up with a ton of airstrikes and emps.

The reason why the Impy/Rally deck works is because after playing rally first you essentially get a super-powered airstrike (Impy+ x2 rally) every turn after that.

If you play Hatchet then Asylum you get going only on the third turn. But how you can make up for that difference is to spam airstrikes.

This should work but I can’t test it because I don’t have many airstrikes or emps. I don’t see why it shouldn’t work, although the card numbers balancing would need to be worked out more carefully. Best luck testing it out!

Note: Impy Walker’s AA ability is also superior to Hatchet since the CC boss uses quite a few air units!

Flag Post

Swap Gun Raven for Orbo to get 100% win rate

Flag Post

Just wanna throw in my two cents that the original deck works wonders. I found that the right proportion of cards is 3x Impulse Walker and 6x Rally Flag. Also, you shouldn’t use Auto for this deck because order seems to matter. Major props to the OP.

Flag Post

This is an update of the deck I am now using to farm Creature Combo 4:

It works close to 100% of the time. The major way this deck fails is if the enemy plays:

1. Pummeller
2. Enclave Champion/Hatchlings/Polluted Blaster
3. Enclave Champion/Hatchlings/Polluted Blaster

CC4 is a 15 card deck, TF the first turn probability of a Pummeller drop is 1/15. The chance of either one of the three two-wait & 3-power cards on the second turn is: 3/14. For the 3rd turn: 2/13. Therefore, the probability of this happening is:

1/15 × 3/14 × 2/13 = 6/2730 = 0.00219 = ~0.2%

Therefore, the chances of you winning with this deck are roughly 99.8% (assuming that this is the only area where things can go wrong & my maths is correct).

I am using Shock Grunt because of its nice 5 power (4+1 rally), 3 wait time, and because most ppl have it. I usually win games early with the CC4 deck still loaded with cards. Sidoze can also work instead of Duncan, pls try it yourself.