Forums Tyrant

[GUIDE] Building an Auto Deck and/or Defense Deck

28 posts

Flag Post

EDIT:: After the new changes, this guide is no longer useful for making offensive decks for wars (still good for missions and raids, though). HOWEVER, this guide is now useful for building defensive decks.

Please be patient as I slowly but surely update this guide over the next week or so as the metagame changes. New pictures and strategies will be added as well.

PLEASE HELP ME KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE. IF YOU FOUND IT HELPFUL, PLEASE POST SOMETHING TO KEEP IT UP.

I am an avid user of the Auto button, and as such, I’ve been designing my decks around it to maximize effectiveness.

One of the first things to always remember is: The AI is stupid. In fact, it shouldn’t be called an AI (Artificial Intelligence), it should be called Wheatley (Portal 2, anyone?) or AS (Artifical Stupidity). I’m not funny. =/

When building an Auto deck, decide on what kind of deck you want to build. Will it be a rush? A slowroller? A multi-deck? Knowing the kind of deck you’re going to build will help you select which cards to put in it. First off, for an offensive auto deck, NEVER use Action cards. No Airstrikes, no EMPs, no Maximum Damage, nothing. If they get played on the first turn, it’s almost always an automatic loss. Stick to assault cards, and no more than two structures. Any more, and the AI may play more than one in a row, which in most cases will get you killed.

Next, see which cards you have multiple copies of. If it’s a good card (Sawblade, Irradiated Infantry, Hatchet, Daemon, Dominated Hatchling, etc), putting multiple in the deck is a good way to improve consistancy. My Jam Spam deck is a great example:

I play that deck on 4x Auto in Raids and Wars, winning about 90% of the time, and that’s being modest. Picking cards that can be played in any order, instead of in a specific order (for example, Rally only effects units that attack after it, so it must be played first, so cards with Rally are not good candidates), is another key factor.

Skills that ARE NOT reliant on any playing order, and are good candidates for this type of deck: Strike, Siege, Weaken, Jam, Leech, Heal, Mimic, Flurry, Evade, Poison.
Skills that ARE reliant on playing order, and are not good candidates for this type of deck: Immobilize, Rally, Siphon, Anti-Air, Pierce.
Skills that may or may not depend on playing order, are are considered risky: Armored, Flying, Regenerate, Crush, Fear.

This does not mean that you shouldn’t use Armored, Flying, or Regenerate skills in an auto deck, but if they are played in the wrong order, they could be killed by Pierce or Anti-Air. Not to mention that most Assault cards with Armored have low HP, and therefor die to Strike. When using Assault cards with undesireable abilities, make sure that they have more useful abilities as well. Ex. Poseidon has Anti-Air, but also has Siege and Heal All, so it’s a useful card. Predator has Anti-Air, but it also has Strike. Also, if you fear fliers, either take some of your own, or use cards that have Anti-Air along with another useful ability.

Finally, only use cards that are worth the wait. Using a high delay card with a rather poor ability and/or poor stats will likely get it killed before it becomes useful (Tremor Worm “cough”) Kraken and Titan both have 4 turn waits, but Kraken is very durable and can soak up Strike early, or Jam and attack late, while Titan is less durable, but still has 8 HP and both Strike 3 and Siege 3, so the abilities are worth the wait.

When making a rush, using multiple copies of the same low cost cards is the most ideal. Sawblades, Hatchets, Vampires, and Irradiated Infantry are the usual choices, but Dominated Hatchlings work well, too, when backed up by Vyander. If making a 1 Drop Multi deck (a deck consisting of different low wait creatures from different teams), then variety is your friend, and you would want to avoid having more than two copies of any one card. 1 Drop Strike decks are a great example of this, as they have a lot of low wait strike assault cards that can be played in any order, deal good damage, and keep the opponent on their toes.

For Slow Roller decks, it’s better to use high HP assaulters, like Kraken and Titan (and even Gun Raven, sometimes). This way, when played one after the other, they can all soak up and disperse the enemy’s Strike abilities, without any of them dying before they come off of their delay. As an example, if you were to play multiple low HP, 4 delay cards, they would be killed off by strike, one by one. The fewer assault cards that you have in play, the more likely one is to be focused. If you were to play multiple high HP, 4 delay cards, then as the Strike was spread among them, they would all likely survive for the 4 turns, or at least most of them. The exception to this is if you have a healing commander, such as Freddie in an Imperial Slow Roller, or Vyander in Xeno Slow Roller.

For Multi-Decks, the use of both high delay, high HP assualt cards, and low delay, low HP assault cards, all of which have good and useful abilities, is the key. Here is a great example:

This deck contains high HP assaulters to soak up Strike, low delay strikers to take out enemy assaulters, Siege, Anti-Air, Heal, Mimic, Flying, Armored, and Weaken. It covers a lot of bases and does each one well enough to get the job done (except Weaken).

I hope this was helpful to a lot of you, and perhaps many of you will start waring and grinding gold just as fast as I do. :D

EDIT: I’ve decided to add helpful insite that other people have suggested.

Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

I’ll point out that Malort for Rush BT and Dementia for Slow Roll BT are pretty good.

Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

Effects with “Effect” All are useful, specifically Strike and Heal.
Decks should have at least 1 or 2 cards with siege, since the last thing you want is a Missile Silo killing you.
Hope that helped :)

Flag Post

Bump, and updated the pictures with updated decks.

Flag Post

I’ll point out that Malort for Rush BT and Dementia for Slow Roll BT are pretty good.

Flag Post

Shameless bump.

Flag Post

Bump for the effort you put into this…. :)

Flag Post

I find this to be a reasonable and well informed look at building an auto-deck

Flag Post

I’m glad I got some very reasonable comments (and no trolls within the first three posts?! OMGHAX). If anyone has anything else that they feel should be mentioned here, please let me know. I’m always open for critism and advice.

Flag Post

Shameless bump again. I really want this to succeed. I put a lot of effort into it I really hope that it’ll help a lot of people.

Flag Post

What you’ve done so far is really good…

…and for that exact reason I don’t really have anything to add. I’m guessing that’s one of the reasons you don’t have more replies.

Also I haven’t tried using these decks yet but I have made a note of them for future reference.

Flag Post

shapeshifter out!
in: draxqueen, stealthy niaq, emp, bulldozer

i think this decks needs more evade^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by PureVernunft:

shapeshifter out!

Shapeshifter is actually VERY useful in an offensive deck. Not only is it a 2/4 for 1 delay, but the mimic is enough to add another Strike, or another Heal, or another Siege, or another Rally. Whatever my opponent uses, I get to as well. It’s very useful.

Flag Post

Your Xeno deck will lose almost all the time to one stop drops (only vaporwing can win against hatchet/malrot, irradiated).

2nd rainbow strike deck is better, but needs some more fat to beat counter decks like DQ, Bulldozer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kazecuden:

shapeshifter out!

Shapeshifter is actually VERY useful in an offensive deck. Not only is it a 2/4 for 1 delay, but the mimic is enough to add another Strike, or another Heal, or another Siege, or another Rally. Whatever my opponent uses, I get to as well. It’s very useful.

shapeshifter is useless in top10 wars

you have to play against: wall decks, airstrike, colossus, trident and bloodthirsty rush
shapeshifter can’t mimic anything ^^

your deck is just medicore – do you get always 25 points?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kazecuden:

shapeshifter out!

shapeshifter is useless in top10 wars

you have to play against: wall decks, airstrike, colossus, trident and bloodthirsty rush
shapeshifter can’t mimic anything ^^

your deck is just medicore – do you get always 25 points?

True, I guess, but I’m not in the top ten, nor do I fight those wars. It’ll change as needed. I will likely remove it when I see less assualt/strike decks and more counter/EMP Spam/Yurilossus decks.

As for getting 25 points, you simply can’t on auto. When playing on auto, the points cap at 20 UNLESS you win within a very short amount of time. I get 25 against the very rare empty decks (usually against farm factions), but other than that, it’s always 20.

Originally posted by sosdude:

Your Xeno deck will lose almost all the time to one stop drops (only vaporwing can win against hatchet/malrot, irradiated).

2nd rainbow strike deck is better, but needs some more fat to beat counter decks like DQ, Bulldozer.

Yes, my Xeno deck loses to II Rush and Hatchet Rush, which is why I usually don’t use it for wars unless I don’t see any rushes. I mostly use it for farming missions, sometimes as a defense deck when I have to edit my current one, or in certain Raids.

BUT, I would like to point out, this guide isn’t about my decks that I posted, it’s about the effectiveness of Auto decks and how to build them. Though, I do thank you for your critism. ^^

Flag Post

Helpful bump.

Flag Post

Sad bump…. :(

Flag Post

Effects with “Effect” All are useful, specifically Strike and Heal.
Decks should have at least 1 or 2 cards with siege, since the last thing you want is a Missile Silo killing you.
Hope that helped :)
My deck runs a core of Atlas, 2 Aegis, 2 Sabre, Rifter, and Poseidon, and various lead cards. 90+% Win rate FTW!

Flag Post

Badabump.

Flag Post

Bump.

Flag Post

My auto deck consists of: Thadius , 2 Quad Walkers, 2 Hatchets, 2 Arc Troopers, 1 Devastator, 1 Mawcor, 1 Apex, and 1 Xeno Mothership.

Is there a way to improve it? It is pretty good right now, but im starting to lose more and more. Please help.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sprinter101:

My auto deck consists of: Thadius , 2 Quad Walkers, 2 Hatchets, 2 Arc Troopers, 1 Devastator, 1 Mawcor, 1 Apex, and 1 Xeno Mothership.

Is there a way to improve it? It is pretty good right now, but im starting to lose more and more. Please help.

You seem to have a lot of cards that don’t compliment each other at all. Mothership is only good with other Xeno, and the only other one you have is Apex. Quad Walkers are nice, but they lack abilities, so they may not be as useful now that you’re getting up to higher levels of play. Hatchets and Arc Troopers are amazing, though. The Devastator is rather useless now, since with it’s 1 HP, and anything with strike can kill it.

How far are you into the missions? If you’re not done with most or all of them, it may be harder to build an effective auto deck.

Flag Post

Vyander 5x daemon 3x dom hatchling 1x xeno singularis 1x predator

Flag Post

You may want to point out, before more people give that stupid idea, that any action card is a no-goer..
Reason:
If your deck plays the action card first it has no effect. It will be as if you are the defender and with only 9 cards in the deck!
=> 10% chace of going second => maximum ~90% win rate

Flag Post
Originally posted by necksnapper:

You may want to point out, before more people give that stupid idea, that any action card is a no-goer..
Reason:
If your deck plays the action card first it has no effect. It will be as if you are the defender and with only 9 cards in the deck!
=> 10% chace of going second => maximum ~90% win rate

I have already stated in the very beginning of the guide that Action cards are big no-nos when it comes to auto decks. In a defensive deck, they are fine, though risky, because a first turn EMP is wasted on a single unit, but at least it hits something.

The strategies for building decks in this guide could also be applied somewhat to making defense decks, since the AI will be controlling the deck anyways. You just need to account for going second.

Flag Post

this thread is even more helpful now for building a defense deck lol