Forums Tyrant

Why did i spend 1360 Energy for Whiplash: The how to use Whiplash guide.

38 posts

Flag Post

After having several arguments with people on kong chat and non of them can provide a better explanation (relative term) than “I will use it in my BT rush/BT deck.” I decided to look into this perhaps under appreciated card (there were other people who were on the camp of this card sucks) to find its niche. After looking i found one role where it exceeds all other cards, as offensive rainbow strike deck 1st drop. Now i won’t claim to be the 1st to stumble on this but i would like to share its potential usefulness.

Essentially running it with Atlas as the ONLY BT card in a rush strike deck.

So why does this particular card work so well where others fail?

1. The obvious new skill of enfeeble it would greatly enhance all strikes from assault units. It won’t work on Atlas strikes as commander comes first but every other unit after that (tiamat, omega, predator) all gain a boost to their strike.

2. It fulfils the condition for a strike deck 3 damage on turn 3, which takes out most units before activation (hp/delay ratio of 3:1 which is about 80% of card). Math goes strike 1 + rally 1 + enfeeble 1 = 3 damage so there goes hatchets and II’s on defense.

3. It has 0 attack which makes it immune to weaken, it will then rally itself and ALWAYS have 1 attack, which again counters dalia + II etc.

4. It has leech 2 which allows it to survive on its own without any healing, and will always have the leech 2 so long as the opponent never drops an armor 1 or flying that evades. This is important because it can now take on counter cards that proof sometimes to be problematic to rush strike decks.

5. It has 4 hp, as opposed to the common hatchet 1st drop in rush strike decks. Why would 4 hp matter? It can survive counter 3 cards and then leech 2 which gives it back 3 health and keep those low hp strike cards like predator and tiamat alive. If you drop a dominated hatchling further down the line, it will completely heal itself and be ready to take on the next MC drop.

Finally why run it as the only BT card? Well its obvious you under most circumstances would NOT want the whiplash to rally another BT (well there might be special cases but for most cases no)

Weakness of using Whiplash

1. The obvious armor 1 as turn 2 drop nullifies it completely as a viable assault card.

2. The obvious ineffectiveness against walls with 1 attack (then again there are other cards that are useful but won’t work against walls.

3. Against flying, it has a 50% chance to miss on flying and can be costly if your opponent’s 1st drop is hatchet although normally you can tell if your opponent is using BT rush on defense just by looking at the commander.

Oh and on a last note on the title why 1360 energy? Most effective mission to farm this is 77 which gives 13 rep for 16 energy about 0.81 ratio as opposed to 79’s 0.78 ratio. The amount of energy is the remaining grind to get it provided you win 100% (not that hard for pre 83 missions) to get to the 2k mark once you completed the blight campaign. (which if i’m not mistaken would be sitting at 897 rep unless i replayed an earlier mission to test something out)

Flag Post

hmm whipslash has rally 1 not rally bt 1 so it can rally any monster

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sin3dD:

hmm whipslash has rally 1 not rally bt 1 so it can rally any monster

Whoops screwed up there, bleh there goes the entire thread, maybe run it with malort or lord of tartarus strike deck.

Flag Post

Nice read, but there’s a bit of a problem.

Your whole argument in favour of Whiplash is based on the premise that it could be useful as a rainbow Strike first drop – but it faces competition with Tiamat and Predator for that niche, both of which completely outclass Whiplash.

1. Tiamat and Predator drop 4 damage on turn 3, as opposed to Whiplash’s 3 damage. First drop Vampires and such will not survive to attack and Leech you, as opposed to when you play Whiplash, who will basically become Vampire’s main course (unless you get lucky).

2. Tiamat will still drop 3 damage even after Weaken, so it will still effectively counter Dalia + II spam. Predator, on the other hand, does suffer from Dalia weakness.

3. Armored units are never a problem for Tiamat and Predator.

4. Both still hit Flying units with 100% accuracy. Predator even manages 5 damage on turn 3 vs. Flying units, so that he manages to one-hit Exodrone, for example.

5. Whiplash doesn’t necessarily Rally itself after the first turn.

Admittedly, neither can match Whiplash’s higher survivability (4hp, Leech 2) but that’s about its only advantage over Tiamat and Predator in the rainbow Strike first drop niche. Its Enfeeble enhancing Strike from the back of the line is nice, but the trade-off is less damage off the line, which would ultimately just make the deck just a bit slower, but not much better.

Not trying to say your analysis is bad – I agree with your points, I just don’t think any of it proves it to be better than Tiamat or Predator in the first drop niche. Nor am I trying to say that Whiplash isn’t good. She’s basically a Vampire which had 2 attack replaced by Rally 1 and Enfeeble 1, which amounts to the same thing… unless you mix a couple of Whiplashes with some Strike All spammers (Sabre, Rifter, Bolide). A rush deck like that could prove to be most effective – and I think that’s where Whiplash would shine most.

I might be proven wrong in practice, though, but that’s just my 2c.

Flag Post

Bloodthirsty rush deck

If your current deck like this:
Malort
7 vampire
3 Asylum

you can change all vampire with whiplash

whiplash is better than vampire because it has leech 2

Flag Post

@ZeGuitarist

I have a whiplash in my deck, and the only thing I want to add, is that combined with mortar bunkers, you can build up huge damage fast, with leech to help you survive forever and ever and ever…

When you drop omega, predator etc. etc. afterwards strike 1’s become strike 2’s which will ultimately win.

Flag Post

@ strdragon 2, why that deck could potentially fail playing it as a replacement for vampire, the rally is will randomly affect an active unit, which could potentially be bad if your opponent plays something you don’t want surviving till activation as 2nd drop or 3rd drop, rifter, valefar immediately comes to mind. Lets say you drop a 2nd whiplash since your deck only has 3 assylum (quite unlikely to draw it within 2nd turn, the 1st whiplash rallies the 2nd whip lash both enfeebles the 1st target and the 2nd whiplash rallies itself causing it to do 2 damage to the commander, as opposed to vampire hitting the 1st card for 2-3 damage and the 2nd hitting for 2 to commander, stack more whiplashes and things all of the sudden don’t look very good. Also having a single armor 2 as a 1st drop basically kills off the whiplash ability to do much

@zeguitarist

as a 1st drop its pretty good as not everything the opponent can play would kill whiplash on turn 2-4 (turn 1-3 being yours) appart from plague with atlas, or airstrike which would kill any of the other 1st drops mentioned.

Flag Post

I only got Whiplash because I’m a collector lol. I’ll probably never use her. But she is very hot :P

Flag Post

Having played with one, it’s a great addition to a strike rush.

Now, the biggest curiosity here is why people would care if the Whiplash attacks. If it self-rallies: Great. If not: Who cares? It’s not there to add 1-2 damage tops to your strike team, it’s there to add 5+ damage to your strike team by enfeebling a target.

If you’re playing fast strike and the enemy manages to kill your first drop, do you care? They’ve basically done their job – protected you from first drop rush defence, done some damage, and buffered your later drops from counter attack.

If whiplash drops first and dies after a few turns, she’s probably done exactly the same thing, and it was never about doing it herself. If she drops later and doesn’t change the tide, would you honestly have expected a late-game Tiamat or Predator to?

Best case, she’s parked opposite a Mind Controller and damages it twice over two turns, making a 1:1 trade-off. Even if it’s any non-counter 3 card, she handles it better than Predator or Tiamat could. People wanting a super-vampire just aren’t using Whiplash in the way she’s supposed to be – with MORE STRIKE.

Flag Post

I think, ultimately, the main reason for using Whiplash is still for her Enfeeble 1, nothing else. Because she has 4HP, Enfeeble 1, and suffices as a decent turn 1 drop. And we all know Enfeeble compliments Strike.

The other (rather unseen benefit) is that if you establish control with a T1 Whiplash and proceed to add on Strikers, Whiplash is relatively immune to Counter because, A) Leech 2, B) 0ATK, Rally 1.

Finally, as previously mentioned, good against Dalia, Dracorex, BW.

EDIT: As of this post, I am unsure if another Enfeeble 1, 1-drop Assault exists.

Flag Post

^ Crippler, which sucks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LightburneR:

I think, ultimately, the main reason for using Whiplash is still for her Enfeeble 1, nothing else. Because she has 4HP, Enfeeble 1, and suffices as a decent turn 1 drop. And we all know Enfeeble compliments Strike.

The other (rather unseen benefit) is that if you establish control with a T1 Whiplash and proceed to add on Strikers, Whiplash is relatively immune to Counter because, A) Leech 2, B) 0ATK, Rally 1.

Finally, as previously mentioned, good against Dalia, Dracorex, BW.

EDIT: As of this post, I am unsure if another Enfeeble 1, 1-drop Assault exists.

There are 2, flanker 1/4/1 enfeeble 1 pierce 1, crippler 1/3/1 enfeeble 1 both of which have much lower survivability compared to whiplash which makes them not as good for a strike rush deck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkChaos23:

1. The obvious armor 1 as turn 2 drop nullifies it completely as a viable assault card.

Just wanted to point out that if you enfeeble 1 an armor 1 card and then attack it with a 1 attack card it’ll take 1 damage regardless

Flag Post
Originally posted by strdragon2:

Bloodthirsty rush deck

If your current deck like this:
Malort
7 vampire
3 Asylum

you can change all vampire with whiplash

whiplash is better than vampire because it has leech 2

Hatchet.

Flag Post

These arguments about the joys of Whiplash having leech 2 are rather flawed. You only leech 2 if you deal at least 2 damage, which Whiplash will rarely do except for the first turn.

Flag Post

Whiplash might be useful as a first drop when your other cards have long delays, as a means of giving those stronger cards a better chance to activate. Essentially it’s a Vampire with one more leech when you use it this way, which is pretty good.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1amayzingman:

Whiplash might be useful as a first drop when your other cards have long delays, as a means of giving those stronger cards a better chance to activate. Essentially it’s a Vampire with one more leech when you use it this way, which is pretty good.

If you use it like this, Whiplash’s enfeeble will usually inflict a target that is NOT opposite it (since the assault units will be building up on the other side). Meaning she’ll do only 1 damage (from her own rally, since your other units haven’t activated yet) and leech only 1. And that makes her a crappy vampire in this case.

Flag Post

Whiplash dropped after a rally all card should do better than vampire/hatchet, though I’m not sure why you’d want to use it that way.

Flag Post

Whiplash’s niche is obvious as far as I’m concerned.

Whiplash without Strike spam = Vampire. Enfeeble 1 + Rally 1 just amounts to the same damage output as plain 2 attack. Note that the Leech 2 > Leech 1 advantage is negligible, because Whiplash doesn’t always Rally herself.

Whiplash with Strike spam > Vampire. This is where her true strength is at. In a rainbow Strike rush, she’ll have the same basic properties as a Vampire, plus the ability to enhance all Strike damage vs. one enemy unit.

I’m anxious to try both her and Petrisis in my rainbow Strike (All) rush deck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZeGuitarist:

Whiplash’s niche is obvious as far as I’m concerned.

Whiplash without Strike spam = Vampire. Enfeeble 1 + Rally 1 just amounts to the same damage output as plain 2 attack. Note that the Leech 2 > Leech 1 advantage is negligible, because Whiplash doesn’t always Rally herself.

Whiplash with Strike spam > Vampire. This is where her true strength is at. In a rainbow Strike rush, she’ll have the same basic properties as a Vampire, plus the ability to enhance all Strike damage vs. one enemy unit.

I’m anxious to try both her and Petrisis in my rainbow Strike (All) rush deck.

Thats would make whiplash fail, at the get go she will do only 2 damage as opposed to 3 with atlas, and subsequently her enfeeble and petrisis’ enfeeble do not stack, making the deck not work and dropping whiplash losing a lot of its credibility.

Flag Post

“Hatchet.”

yup, though in the end, it might actually be easier to get 7 whiplashes than 7 hatchets.

OTOH, I’ve been hearing that enfeeble correctly stacks now (as of this morning’s update)…. if you have an army of whiplash, doesn’t that mean that some targets will be enfeebled for more than 1?

likewise the rallies will stack too. Sounds like it makes for a much more unpredictable, deck, but would have interesting “hot spots” during play that the hatchet deck would not have nearly as much of

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ichthyic:

“Hatchet.”

yup, though in the end, it might actually be easier to get 7 whiplashes than 7 hatchets.

OTOH, I’ve been hearing that enfeeble correctly stacks now (as of this morning’s update)…. if you have an army of whiplash, doesn’t that mean that some targets will be enfeebled for more than 1?

likewise the rallies will stack too. Sounds like it makes for a much more unpredictable, deck, but would have interesting “hot spots” during play that the hatchet deck would not have nearly as much of

It doesn’t stack tested on arena

Defense
Boris
Aegis

Attack
Bloody Mary
Crippler
Flanker

Crippler played 1st ofc, both enfeeble aegis, aegis armor 1 takes 1 damage total (to confirm that enfeeble still work on armor)

Enfeeble stacking would be stupidly game breaking.

Flag Post

“Enfeeble stacking would be stupidly game breaking.”

that’s just like saying rally stacking would be stupidly game breaking, but in reverse.

“As of this post, I am unsure if another Enfeeble 1, 1-drop Assault exists.”

in addition to cripper, there is flanker (raider).

CD 1, 1/4, enfeeble 1, pierce 1.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ichthyic:

“Enfeeble stacking would be stupidly game breaking.”

that’s just like saying rally stacking would be stupidly game breaking, but in reverse.

Stop derailing the thread with 1 liners to prove e-penor superiorty something, this thread is about using whiplash, so back to topic with whiplash petrisis and enfeeble stacking every single strike now hits for 3 or more(not gonna happen), game breaking much? Already there are complains that enfeeble “might” be game breaking, as of course no sane developers would want to throw away any form of balance that might exist.

Again this is a whiplash thread discussing how to best use her, abilities and all, everything from the delay to rally to enfeeble to her 0 attack to her leech 2.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator