Forums Tyrant

Evaluate Decks (game simulator) page 74

1861 posts

Flag Post

Another uninteresting update:

• Pr3470r14n has finished a pass of the major refactoring I mentioned earlier
  • We have moved off of Google code and are now using GitHub (for those curious: https://github.com/iteratedecks/iteratedecks)
  • I am starting the process of implementing Emulate but now is not a good time for me; it may take a while yet
  • Pr3470r14n is the one who builds everything for release; I suppose I should also learn how to do this… :P
  • In the short future (probably when we get Emulate implemented) we will start a new thread on Kong with updated links and information
Originally posted by leftylink:

I look forward to these tests. I have a post or two with a few tests I concocted myself, which I hope can be useful as well. iteratedecks passes all tests I linked to, save for these relating to Backfire:

Expected results for the following are all victories, but iteratedecks gives all draws:
./iteratedecks P5 P0gA
./iteratedecks PoI9 PoL3gA
./iteratedecks Pog0 PogA
./iteratedecks Pou7+j P0gA
./iteratedecks P+K8+m RgAr+mgA
./iteratedecks PoKh+i RggA
./iteratedecks PoKF+j RggA -s

Expected result for the below test is victory, but iteratedecks gives loss:
./iteratedecks RiL3 P0gAJj

Hey, awesome. Here is a direct link to the tests we have:

https://github.com/iteratedecks/iteratedecks/tree/master/src/TEST

One other bug I know currently exists in our code is that Summon On Attack and Death do not downtick the Wait appropriately next turn. Pr3470r14n had a nice scenario to test this with Egg Infector but I don’t think it got added anywhere.

Flag Post

Hi guys, I’m back after not being on this page for a long while and I’m sort of in the process of quitting Tyrant, but I was making a document to give credit to makers and contributors of the original EvalDecks – which is now IterateDecks – before I got slammed with responsibilities for a billion different other things (amazing, how I have no job, but 10hrs of my day I am working on crap). So, would I post this somewhere on the github or something for anybody that wishes to finish the credit work that I’ve done? I believe I was somewhere on page 15 or so on this forum thread before I stopped and ran into a bunch of other responsibilities.

It’s only 1 page long and has 10 names on it, so it’s not much, but it’s something I guess. I just didn’t want it to go to complete waste and figured that someone else could finish it. So, lemme know the proper place to post this document (I can post it on my personal Google Docs and give the volunteer permission to download it), for if someone wants to finish where I left off.

Flag Post

I recommend posting it somewhere you have control over it and then post a link here.

Based on how GitHub tracks commits, we will always be able to see who did what for IterateDecks. Your list is more appropriate for NETRAT’s EvaluateDecks code base so I think it should belong here.

When we create the README for IterateDecks we will link back to the EvaluateDecks codebase and this forum thread. We can even include a link to the specific post of yours in the thread if you want.

Flag Post

No Read Me but you include massive GPL licence. Epic.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Acrat:

Heh, that is kind of funny. :)

The README has been on my todo list since I joined the project. I just keep finding other things to spend time on instead. (Like Emulate… and now On Kill. I think I have Emulate mostly working… so hopefully I can get it pushed this weekend.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Acrat:

We are required by law to provide the GPL license. The reason is that substantial part of the codebase is owned by NETRAT who licensed it to anyone under GPLv3.

Flag Post

i just wander boys…. what’s the point in addin’ new cards to evaluator if it does not support ANY of the skills that showed up in those shard packs startin’ Awakening pack… no matter how many cards u’ll add to it and how fast u’ll do it, cause as long as it won’t support all skills it’s still 95% useless… think on it before u’ll waste time again…

Flag Post
Originally posted by smok44:

i just wander boys…. what’s the point in addin’ new cards to evaluator if it does not support ANY of the skills that showed up in those shard packs startin’ Awakening pack… no matter how many cards u’ll add to it and how fast u’ll do it, cause as long as it won’t support all skills it’s still 95% useless… think on it before u’ll waste time again…

The GUI is out of date and will not be updated. The command line versions support everything except Emulate and On Kill. The raw source supports everything currently released.

More info on how to get the newer versions in the future.

Flag Post

I just wonder … whats the point in addin’ new posts to this thread if you did not read ANY of the posts added since we showed up here… no matter how many posts you add here and how fast u’ll do it, cause as long as you don’t read our replies your posts are still 95% redundant… think on it before waste your, and more importantly, other’s time again.

We do not add cards to the simulator. In fact, we do not even distribute the (card) database (unclear copyright reasons) anymore.
There are no binary releases. The main reason is that I can’t compile them for windows at the moment (to be technically correct: I can compile them, they just don’t work as expected).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pr3470r14n:

I just wonder … whats the point in addin’ new posts to this thread if you did not read ANY of the posts added since we showed up here… no matter how many posts you add here and how fast u’ll do it, cause as long as you don’t read our replies your posts are still 95% redundant… think on it before waste your, and more importantly, other’s time again.

We do not add cards to the simulator. In fact, we do not even distribute the (card) database (unclear copyright reasons) anymore.
There are no binary releases. The main reason is that I can’t compile them for windows at the moment (to be technically correct: I can compile them, they just don’t work as expected).

oh, that’s funny XD cause there still r new resources released on “your” evaluators google download page, seems that u don’t realy know what u r doin ;) weakest counter post evar kiddo ;)

Flag Post

I really hope that one day we have another one simulator with a GUI, SimTyrant is good but the time i have enjoyed making new decks and variations of old decks is ended, with no gui the thing is taking too much time and i prefer to not burn energy trying to run a decent deck so i’m stuck on making little change on suggested ones.

Flag Post

oh, that’s funny XD cause there still r new resources released on “your” evaluators google download page

Wrong again. There is no download (neither application nor gamedata) released on “our” evaluators google download page since october 31.

seems that u don’t realy know what u r doin ;) weakest counter post evar kiddo ;)

I know what I do. But I doubt you have any idea what we are talking about. I’m not wasting my time on explaining this to you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maharid:

I really hope that one day we have another one simulator with a GUI, SimTyrant is good but the time i have enjoyed making new decks and variations of old decks is ended, with no gui the thing is taking too much time and i prefer to not burn energy trying to run a decent deck so i’m stuck on making little change on suggested ones.

Yeah, I would like that too. While there has been some work on “wrappers” for the CLI version they lack the important features like a deck builder.

Flag Post

Since I cannot find anywhere else to report this…
While it cannot make calculation anymore, it’s still possible to fetch card pics and xml data (cards.xml, raids.xml, etc).
But today it says “External exception E06D7363”.
Is there another way to fetch those data, especially card pics?

Flag Post
Originally posted by akumaxx_ws:

Since I cannot find anywhere else to report this…
While it cannot make calculation anymore, it’s still possible to fetch card pics and xml data (cards.xml, raids.xml, etc).
But today it says “External exception E06D7363”.
Is there another way to fetch those data, especially card pics?

Look for the post that tells you how to disable animations. It tells you the directory structure of important elements of the game. That will tell you how to access the card pictures directly. The name of each card picture is in the cards.xml file.

Flag Post

it seems that the devs have changed some formats in cards.xml
although i didnt get the evaluator work, i found something new (if others didnt post it b4)

<!-- Test Cards -->

<unit> <id>182</id> <name>TEST CARD</name> <picture>alex.jpg</picture> <attack>1</attack> <health>10</health> <cost>3</cost> <rarity>1</rarity> <skill /> <type>1</type> </unit>

…………..

<skilltype> <id>legion</id> <name>Legion</name> <icon>CrushSkillIcon</icon> <target_anim>crush.swf</target_anim> <desc>Makes Omelette</desc> <cardvalue /> </skilltype>

Flag Post

Just wondering, were you still looking to host binaries somewhere? (Also attempting to unbury this topic. This was hard to find.)

Flag Post

Yes, I still need a place to host; hunterhogan offered but had time conflicts this weekend.

I am planning on releasing as “iteratedecks 1.0” as soon as I find a place to host it and get someone else to verify that the binary works on a normal Windows machine.

Since NETRAT owns this thread and the new version is so different from the old version I am also planning on creating a new thread.

Flag Post

directory created.

http://www.hunterthinks.com/id/

Flag Post

Ah very good to read about this. Wishing you the best of luck with releasing the new software :)

Flag Post

Question: iteratedecks will someday have a GUI?

I desperately need a fast sym with a GUI like the old EvaluateDeck, it was insanely fun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maharid:

Question: iteratedecks will someday have a GUI?

I desperately need a fast sym with a GUI like the old EvaluateDeck, it was insanely fun.

Right now, there are no plans for a GUI in the sense that no one is actively working on one. We’d love for a GUI to exist and we know there is a lot of interest in one; but right now we still have a lot of work we want to do on the non-GUI stuff.

Flag Post

Hey, I need some volunteers to test out the Windows binary:

http://www.hunterthinks.com/id/

Let me know if it works.

Flag Post

Gives an error on Windows XP: “Not a valid Win32 application.”

Flag Post

Figures; downloading an update for VS2012 which should let me target XP.

Lame.