Forums Tyrant

Advanced counter cards game (squabble edition) page 316

14183 posts

Flag Post

@Marine: lucas already acknowledged that point. You don’t need to rub it in.

Counter:

Rule 315: The card you choose has “Summon Orbo on Play”. Orbo’s skills are now “Flying”, “Armored 2”, and “Weaken All 1”. Kill both enemy cards.
Note: Tested on SimTyrant using Surge and “Forcefield” battlefield effect, with 100% win rate.
Link: http://haileon.com/SimTyrantJS?deck1=PoCI&deck2=PoJq&surge=1&battleground=14&sims=100

NOW I can establish the page rule.
No flanking, period…In fact, you might want to use Activation skills only as a last resort because both you and your opponent have THIS guy at the controls:

Rule 316: Working under the Invigorate battlefield effect, with the twist that Disease does not work, your task is to stop both him and the opposing Assault within three of your turns after your card activates. Cardpool limited to Uniques (Legendaries included), with regular (i.e. theoretically spammable) Rares as “last resort” if you can’t find a counter in the Uniques pile.

Flag Post

Nice find, Marine851. I didn’t think of Extinguisher. It’s a perfect counter, it uses all its skills smartly to win.

Rule 316: Both you and your opponent have Halcyon The Corrupt as commander. Working under the Invigorate battlefield effect, with the twist that Disease does not work, your task is to stop both him and the opposing Assault within three of your turns after your card activates. Cardpool limited to Uniques (Legendaries included), with regular (i.e. theoretically spammable) Rares as “last resort” if you can’t find a counter in the Uniques pile.

EDIT: Ninja’d. Edited card to counter Longshot on new rule. Added the information that HtC is the commander.

Flag Post

Nice one, lucas: Fortifier with its Flurry 2 gets a total of 9 damage, assuming the opponent doesn’t have a damage reduction factor of more than 2 – as of yet, the only Refresh card with any innate Attack that can face a potential barrage like that and survive is this guy:

The main saving grace is the Weaken 2 on Attacked stopping Fortifier from fully dominating…though it only works if Enfeeble is not involved.

Off of that, on to the counter:

Rule 316: Both you and your opponent have Halcyon The Corrupt as commander. Working under the Invigorate battlefield effect, with the twist that Disease does not work, your task is to stop both him and the opposing Assault within three of your turns after your card activates. Cardpool limited to Uniques (Legendaries included), with regular (i.e. theoretically spammable) Rares as “last resort” if you can’t find a counter in the Uniques pile.

Looked around and double checked, and my previous choices would either have issues trying to beat Fortifier and HtC within the time limit or lead to a potential dead-end (see note)…Ultimately settled on this one.

Note: After thinking about it for a bit, I realize that the 50% > 100% proc rate rule means that my original choice (Rhino) is a dead-end of sorts (Canker Tooth would lead to a similar issue if I don’t address this loophole). To rectify that, I’m adding a restriction to the rule for this page:
When Regenerate procs on an Assault, it will heal for full health once, and afterwards be replaced by Heal X on Attacked, where X is the effect modifier of the original Regenerate.

So, here’s the new variant of the rule:
Both players have Halcyon The Corrupt as Commander. Working under the Invigorate battlefield effect, with the twist that Disease does not work, your task is to stop both him and the opposing Assault within three of your turns after your card activates. Cardpool limited to Uniques (Legendaries included), with regular (i.e. theoretically spammable) Rares as “last resort” if you can’t find a counter in the Uniques pile. Regenerate will proc once, healing for full health, and afterwards be replaced by Heal X on Attacked, where X is the effect modifier of the original Regenerate.

Flag Post

Ah yes, good correction. As Disease don’t work, Regeneration wouldn’t be enable to counter.

And Ram’s Head doesn’t counter Fortifier, even on Invigorate background. In older versions of Tyrant, it was a counter on Invigorate background, but now it isn’t anymore. Check this: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/321411-to-devs-bug-with-swipe-weaken-on-attack?page=1#posts-6766916

Counter to Xeno Interceptor:

Kills in 2 turns.

Rule 316:
- Both you and your opponent have Halcyon The Corrupt as commander;
- Working under the Invigorate battlefield effect, with the twist that Disease does not work, your task is to stop both him and the opposing Assault within three of your turns after your card activates;
- Regenerate will proc once, healing for full health, and afterwards be replaced by Heal X on Attacked, where X is the effect modifier of the original Regenerate;
- Cardpool limited to Uniques (Legendaries included), with regular (i.e. theoretically spammable) Rares as “last resort” if you can’t find a counter in the Uniques pile.

Flag Post

Kill him and halcyon under 3 turns ;D

Rule 316: Working under the Invigorate battlefield effect, with the twist that Disease does not work, your task is to stop both him and the opposing Assault within three of your turns after your card activates. Cardpool limited to Uniques (Legendaries included), with regular (i.e. theoretically spammable) Rares as “last resort” if you can’t find a counter in the Uniques pile.

Flag Post

@lucas: I stand corrected.
However, your Predator counter fails because while you could beat Xeno Interceptor, you forgot that the opponent’s HtC has two turns to Enfeeble and Mimic your Predator’s Strike 1, finishing it off one turn after Predator activates and before it has a chance to totally beat Xeno Interceptor.

Disregarding that loophole in the situation:

(Since Soulfurnace’s Counter 3 does not have the benefit of Enfeeble, Gasher can finish it off in 2 turns with the Invigorate boost, then decimate HtC on turn 3.)
Rule 316:
- Working under the Invigorate battlefield effect, with the twist that Disease does not work, your task is to stop both him and the opposing Assault within three of your turns after your card activates;
- Regenerate will proc once, healing for full health, and afterwards be replaced by Heal X on Attacked, where X is the effect modifier of the original Regenerate;
- Cardpool limited to Uniques (Legendaries included), with regular (i.e. theoretically spammable) Rares as “last resort” if you can’t find a counter in the Uniques pile.

Flag Post

Rule 316:

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaGuardian911:

@lucas: I stand corrected.
However, your Predator counter fails because while you could beat Xeno Interceptor, you forgot that the opponent’s HtC has two turns to Enfeeble and Mimic your Predator’s Strike 1, finishing it off one turn after Predator activates and before it has a chance to totally beat Xeno Interceptor.

Disregarding that loophole in the situation:

(Since Soulfurnace’s Counter 3 does not have the benefit of Enfeeble, Gasher can finish it off in 2 turns with the Invigorate boost, then decimate HtC on turn 3.)
Rule 316:

Originally posted by elmotinak:

Rule 316:

They both fail… halcyon has enfeeble 1+counter 3 is 4 damage…Halcyon is the commander… therefore enfeeble comes 1st than counter

Flag Post

This is an extremely overcomplicated rule.

Seriously. So much restrictions and utmost specificity. I’m going to take it on to myself to change this rule.

Rule 316b: Refresh cards have half of their original HP rounded up. Cards with Disease, Refresh, Rally and Flurry only.

I’m countering longshot.

Flag Post

@Spooky: Here’s the problem with your assessment – Counter only does damage on the attacker’s turn when the attacker makes their move; Halcyon’s Enfeeble would not trigger in time to kill Gasher via Counter. Thus, Gasher does indeed survive to demolish Soulfurnace.

@XRRRX: This is why I take offense to certain people, especially you at the moment – they prefer simplicity when real life isn’t always as simplistic as they like. Also, your rule seems somewhat hypocritical: “Refresh cards have half of their original HP rounded up.” You complain about the rule I made being specific, and yet yours is specific enough that, somehow, your choice is the perfect counter to Longshot under your version of the rule. I’m willing to admit to being hypocritical, but my intention was that players were to really think and compare cards to see what the best counter would be under numerous restrictions. The only reasons that would warrant changing the rule after I covered the proc-rate loophole are: A) if a dead-end is reached-which has not happened yet; B) we switch to a new page-not an occurence yet, either.

Anyway, rant over, time to screw over your Apex, using both variants of the rule (if you refuse to retract the rule-change):

True, it doesn’t quite match the three-turn limit, but at least the Anti-air+Mimic’d Rally+Enfeeble is enough to do a one-shot against you.

Flag Post

Back to 1st rule. So Tyrelus gains 5 attack per turn with disease not working, and has fear, so flying is irrelevant:

Rule 316:

Flag Post

Sorry about Predator, completely forgot of HtC. I agree in parts with XRRRRX7331, this rule is overcomplicated. It is a good rule, but there are many complications, and these complications can lead into a dead-end and confusion.

But, this don’t give him the right to change the rule; even being overcomplicated, this is a valid rule. So, I’ll counter Tyrelus under the present rule.

Kills Tyrelus and Halcyon in 2 turns.

EDIT: Do I have to kill both Halcyon and Tyrelus? So Elemental fails; changed to Iron Maiden. Even Tyrelus fails, because it don’t kill Chiron, but whatever…

Rule 316:

Flag Post

Rule 316:

Flag Post

Theodysseus isn’t valid, because flurry doesn’t have 100% chance to activate. Countering IM:

Rule 316:

Flag Post
Originally posted by zamboza:

Theodysseus isn’t valid, because flurry doesn’t have 100% chance to activate. Countering IM:

Rule 316:

I don’t see in rule “flurry don’t work” General rule 8 – Abilities with 50% activation will activate 100% unless unique rule states otherwise

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xaysh:

Rule 316:

\

I don’t see in rule “flurry don’t work” General rule 8 – Abilities with 50% activation will activate 100% unless unique rule states otherwise

Yeah, but if I remember well some counters on other pages didn’t work because of 50% skills even though it wasn’t stated that 50% skills don’t work. Maybe because that it’d be hard to find counters to some of the cards.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xaysh:

Rule 316:

\

Yeah, but if I remember well some counters on other pages didn’t work because of 50% skills even though it wasn’t stated that 50% skills don’t work. Maybe because that it’d be hard to find counters to some of the cards.

General rule 8 says all about 50% skills.

Flag Post

Xaysh is all right about 50% skills: they activate in 100% of times, unless the rule says otherwise. For example, in the present rule, Regenerate don’t activate 100% of times; it only activates once, and after this it is subbed by Heal X on Attacked.

Counter to Theodysseus:

Trolololol, Dozer Tank with 9 attack! :D
It regens once to full health, Regen is subbed by Heal 2 on Attacked, Theodysseus attacks thrice and dies only by Counter, and then Dozer Tank activates with 3 + 4 + 2 = 9 attack, one-hit killing Halcyon :)

Rule 316:

Flag Post

Are you sure this isn’t a dead end?? The 3 turn rule keeps screwing me over, found 2 cards that win in 4 turns though :/

TT

Flag Post

Only fear can beat it and there’s no cards that win within three turns turn so some1 new rule?]
@edit Oh reg work once

Flag Post

ITS KILLABLE!!! YAY!!!

Rule 316:

Flag Post
Originally posted by PsychoRaito:

I know it’s a Legend, but it works.

Edit: Was Ninja’d.

No it doesn’t. Enfeeble 1+ flurry 2= dead. It doesn’t work vs Dozer Tank either because 3 Dmg + 2 Counter+ 2 Counter= dead.

Flag Post
Originally posted by stormcommando:

No it doesn’t. Enfeeble 1+ flurry 2= dead.

EDIT: WAS NINJA’D, MEANING YOU POSTED BEFORE ME. ERMERGERD. LERN TER REED

Flag Post

IT DOESN’T WORK VS DOZER TANK EITHER. AT LEAST EDIT OR DELETE IT.

Flag Post

IT DOESN’T WORK VS DOZER TANK EITHER. AT LEAST EDIT OR DELETE IT.

Hellgazer gets hit twice before activation, refreshing each time and ending up with 12 Attack. Flurries, killing Dozer Tank. Kills HtC next turn.