Forums Tyrant

[Spoilers] Next Major Update: Crafting page 8

261 posts

Flag Post

this update reminds me of some of the facebook game made by Zynga…

for example, have you ever played “Empires and Allies”?

Flag Post

REFUSE/RESIST

Flag Post
Originally posted by dolza:

Zynga is one of the least morally-justified companies in existence.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moraku:

You’ve got to be kidding me. Did they just add an exponential amount of grinding?
This is ridiculous.

So to get Heracles, you need to:
• Join approximately 250 tournaments
• Win approximately 5,000 faction battles
• Complete a raid approximately 225 times
• Win 20 Gateway Nodes from Daily Chance crates
• Grind a mission 1,500 times

If you didn’t have a reason to quit before, I think this is it…

Well, I had a great time writing a wall of text with Heracles “cost”, and Chrome trolled me hard. I’ve started the post I were about to write with my theory based on TheTrio, then see this quoted post and commented it. And it’s time to start over again.

Well, I’ve lost time due to Chrome Troll, so I’ll go to conclussions. Cost is, considering gold from grinding lost in raids (at my own balance, considering that not every raid is able to give you 120 honor, and considering raid losses are 14-15 gold per energy rather than 12, and also is more loss rate with a proper deck in general) 1,5 KK gold + Card cost + 1,5 years if you get lucky from crate nodes. If resources are 1 WB, you can instead pay a sky high price, more than 500 to speed it up.

In theory, considering that items are one per raid (and it seems so considering tourney items will be awarded to you when you claim its rewards), you have to do aprox 225-250 raids at 120 honor (carrying the 1,5 KK gold cost loss because you could have spent energy in getting 1,5 KK). According to weight system, the chance of gateway node to show up in a crate is 4% aprox, traducting to time, one every 25 days, 15 a year with good luck. 1,5 years on average (I hope this can be bought for 2500 gold). Lets comment over tournaments. 250 tournaments IF your average top is top 10% or higher, and only if you get lucky with the kind of generator (out of 2) that you get, what doubles the number of tourneys. You can win 250 and still can’t get Heracles…So in reality, considering you end usually in tops 10-25%, for you it’s 800-1000 tournaments, and you have to be a good player.

225 raids. 1200 honor each. Luck.

And chances say you will be trolled in some aspect, either getting wrong generators from tourneys, leading to +100 in tourney count at considerable non-IHateYouTrollingChancesOnlyForYouInTyrantUniverse, also about 2% will need 50% more raids, you can fail at getting the raid honor you want, 75% is not that solid, etc, etc.

5000 faction wins, not so hard, but most of faction players have already won that, and got nothing.

Another problem with this is people who is level 150, that had done more than 20000 missions, more than 25000 faction wins, more than 800 tournaments, and have been playing around more than a year. I’m not one of those, but at least I’m done with my mission grind and faction wins for Heracles. I have been around enough time to get at least 10 Nodes. Not to mention raids, that is called abuse.

If this can be implemented RETROACTIVELY, there won’t be much of a problem (still a lot of grinding in tournaments and raids).

The main problem with you devs, is that you make the game so that new players have advantage. I have bought with a lot of effort lots of gold packs and enclaves at the beginning, then can get 75 or 87,5% off from tourneys (free entry fee), and also a chance to get a lot more gold. Ok, no problem. Stupid foils (just my opinion), I have bought a lot of packs, and almost no one since the foil update (focusing on HW). My older cards can’t become foils.

Next is: I have done all raids, finished all missions, grinded more than 1 kk gold, got more than 10k LP, played for 300 days, won 20 tourneys and ended top 10% more than 130, and I don’t own a single resource.

If this “speculative” crafting thing is implemented as it is said here, it will be a great advance. We have just improved grinding from weeks to years. (sarcasm) Cool thing. (/sarcasm)

Seriously, if you implement this, go and give everyone based on his history his chance to items. Otherwise is a no-go. You’ll rip off 10-20 players paying more than 500 WBs each, half will leave, and the game will die and be gone, for good. So reduce raid and tournament grinding cost in that cards and give us our resources.

EDIT: TL;DR
(Based on Moraku calculation)
•Join 500 tournaments on average (2 kinds of generators), considering you can consistently reach top 10% (good standart deck), or have lots of luck on sealeds, and don’t get trolled with the chances. If you don’t have a good standart deck or can’t reach tops 10% but your average is 25%, you will have to join 800-1000, or even more.
•5000 faction battles, didn’t math over it but it’s not so hard, and you have nothing better to do with your stam.
•225 times raid, at 120 honor (probably with more honor chances stack, so you can get more than one item, one of each kind up to your honor tier chances)
•20 Gateway Nodes from Daily Chance, =1,5 years, hope for this to be buyable with 2500-5000 gold.
•Grind a mission 1500 times. Well, gold grind is always good, not as bad as raid and tournament grinding.

And I hope for the devs to apply this retroactively. Otherwise it’s unfair, this isn’t a shiny card, this is saving us the time we have spent, in relation to a new player, and avoid months of lame grinding.

Flag Post

1*!
1*!
1*!

Flag Post
Originally posted by dolza:

Empires and Allies!?
You’ll have to add millions of strangers to get those stupid components…Ruining the game totally…

Back on topic:
Raids are already generating tons of dissatisfaction. Grinding raids is just lame and people will not yield very soon…I think we’d like to have:
1. No more new raids 2. more balanced raid rewards cards 3. Improved current raids (really, I mean, you can have 99% win rate in oluth and 60% max win rate in Sentinel!?) 4. better raid rewards.

Missions are just fine, at least you don’t have to “organize” a mission and winning is winning, surefire, no chance of wasting all your effort (p.s. the best of it is the Do Again button)

To kill off all those protest and implement the crafting idea, I seriously advice you devs to improve the missions and raids, or else people will just get more and more dissatisfied

Flag Post

playersbase " we want sth fun" plz stop bots / plz new rewards for tours// plz stop endless grinding // plz we want new ideas and good ideas/
Devs" we want money " all those "fun"stuff is worthless" cuz moar player can spend time in those new funny and interesting things// “mhm let them pay wbs for the fun” "nope i guess they would not cuz you need no op cards to do well in them… WHATTTTT NO MONEY skip this idea/// k now let´s check how we can (ruin tyrant) grab moar wbs from players. AH solution to mankind /// OPcards for wb´s and for the poors (crafting)
STOP THAT Cheers

Flag Post

^I actually understood that o.0

Flag Post

I… am starting to think it is time to quit.

Flag Post

This game is too slow for Resources to work.
We already have to spend considerable time acquiring raid cards, completing missions and so forth.
Asking us to grind for components…for cards that’ll get killed by Sundering Ogres

Might just go grind on Runescape…at least I don’t have to wait minute before I can kill something.

Flag Post

Now it’s becoming War Metal :D

Nothing new really, since we have been mindlessly grinding (mission farming) from the day we finished with all missions. Now we will grind with something to look forward to instead of just collecting gold and exp.

Flag Post

THE REAL REASON FOR CRAFTING

There will obviously be an option to buy crafting resources/cards with war bonds.

So to save yourself grinding for 1.5years, don’t plan on getting heracles or pay up. Personally I wouldn’t mind paying, but hiding it in a major grindfest of collecting 1000+ resources for 1 card is pretty ridiculous.

Best new card out by far is longshot: Unique Righteous 3/8/3 refresh, AA2, intercept. Very tanky, kills off air, and absorbs strikes, goes very well with BoD/aquatic epicentres.

Flag Post

All,

I have shared your strong and unified opinion that the game needs more dynamic and unbottable content that you can’t just go to the web for a quick solution of (ie current raids and missions). I also reminded of the “quest” concept that I passed on last month.

However, please remember that the devs have made no announcement of any of this yet. I don’t know when (or if) they plan to implement this crafting idea or even if it will look remotely like this if/when it is ever implemented.

I recognize that you all have strong feelings here, but I would urge you to remember that this data you are all raging over is coming from a sandbox development environment that is in no way expected to be ready for production. It is not yet intended to be released or shared with the larger user community. Indeed, much of what is being talked here has been misinterpreted from the XML files anyway (specifically the drop rates).

On a separate note, at it’s core this idea is a reward system and not gradable content. Long term rewards do not necessarily mean repetition of the same thing over and over.

While I would encourage you to continue with the dialog, please remember that this is still an idea/concept that the devs are experimenting with (and not something that was just implmented into production).

-Pip

Flag Post
Originally posted by pacachomp:

the ragequit brigade.

The purpose of the Ragequit Brigade is to find developers who are alienated from the playerbase, take away time we could use for traveling and make games so random you’d have to be an esper to win. And hang out without them.

Also there is definitely more than 1% mad laughter. It’s like 95% justified complaining, 4% mad laughter and 1% positive opinions. Which is the real madness.

Flag Post
Originally posted by haleyyyy:

Numbers don’t matter. Tyrant is in dire need of actual fun new content. Not the same old grinding for more shiny cards. It has been a long time since any game mechanic has been any fun so developers should focus on the creative endgame side.

As of now the spoiler reveals that crafting just means grinding a number of things already in the game. That is not fun. It adds more purpose to what we are already doing but it remains a repetitive dull grind.

This. 100 times this.

Tournaments are the only place where actual “tension” is created, and you have to think on your feet. I wish there was a different style of content as opposed to just new grind ways where people run the simulator before the missions are even released and get 80%+ win rate.

Flag Post

I know I know! Have faction tournaments :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheRealPip:

All,

I have shared your strong and unified opinion that the game needs more dynamic and unbottable content that you can’t just go to the web for a quick solution of (ie current raids and missions). I also reminded of the “quest” concept that I passed on last month.

-Pip

Thank you, Pip! : ) Fightin’ for the little guy!

Flag Post

if this happens, im definitely quitting

Flag Post

The faction “Germans” will definitely disband if the devs release this update.

Flag Post

yet another change which looks like it’ll make so many quit….

Flag Post

NO devs, BAD. bad devs!
if you want to tinker with the game and keep it fresh with possibilities, why not balance some of the outdated cards?

Flag Post

It is not like they ever asked us about our opinion. It can be bad or worse. Either way it is not like we could influence the decicions anyway.
Aside from this.

Originally posted by Sagum:

The faction “Germans” will definitely disband if the devs release this update.

Seconded.

Flag Post

oh, cmon, just wait the release.
remember all dat “quitters” in the phobos spoiler topic before notifying on play/on death

Flag Post
Originally posted by LilyAldrin:

oh, cmon, just wait the release.
remember all dat “quitters” in the phobos spoiler topic before notifying on play/on death

TBH it was QQ over the pack being WB. I think most of us realised that the only major card to get was IM, which wasn’t even from the pack.

Flag Post

Somehow i know we’ll all get trolled and get the highest possible price but still this play this game until it;s no longer fun. Thumbs up for options to these things…

either gring
either wb up
Either pick the third door or GTFO….

that’s how i see it will be.