Forums Tyrant

Automatic deck optimization page 14

1333 posts

Flag Post

Ok, so, is the leftylink-integration.zip the new complete package of tyrant optimize.

If so, is there a way to download is for windows?

Flag Post
Originally posted by FieryPhoenix:

Ok, so, is the leftylink-integration.zip the new complete package of tyrant optimize.

Use leftylink’s thread http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65/topics/313937

Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:
Originally posted by FieryPhoenix:

Use leftylink’s thread http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65/topics/313937

thanks

Flag Post

Hey Folks, newbie on the thread. I’m trying to run tyrant_optimize on a 64 bit Win7 system and getting an error that ‘tyrant_optimize.exe’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I’m running the Nov 14 version. I’ve looked over this whole thread and not seen any similar errors.

Thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by Daqu40:

Hey Folks, newbie on the thread. I’m trying to run tyrant_optimize on a 64 bit Win7 system and getting an error that ‘tyrant_optimize.exe’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I’m running the Nov 14 version. I’ve looked over this whole thread and not seen any similar errors.

Thanks

What was the line you typed into command promt?
I use something like this.
tyrant_optimize.exe “test” “fac-rs” -o climb 100000

Flag Post

Thanks

You probably didn’t cd into the directory that contains tyrant_optimize.exe. Do that before you run tyrant_optimize.exe (or add the directory to your PATH environment variable, but that seems a bit unnecessary!)

Flag Post
Originally posted by leftylink:

Thanks

You probably didn’t cd into the directory that contains tyrant_optimize.exe. Do that before you run tyrant_optimize.exe (or add the directory to your PATH environment variable, but that seems a bit unnecessary!)

Even with it in the PATH, the XML files would have to be in the directory of execution, kinda defeating the purpose a little…

Flag Post

Thanks for the feedback. figured out it out. Copy and paste error. I was taking instructions from my team’s forum to test this and there was a typo in the command.

I must need new glasses ;-)

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to using this tool.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

if optimize is inside a folder. Shift R-click. choose open command window here.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-open-windows-command-prompt-any-folder.htm

Flag Post

If it is manageable, do you think you could implement an extension to the use of cards of the ownedcards.txt so that the optimizer could use up to 10 copies of a reward card, although you only have 1 copy.
For example: You have 2 Splitjaws, but assume that there is a better deck against the enemy deck with 3 or more splitjaws. But you won’t see this deck, because the optimizer only counts your 2 copies.

In my opinion, since the introduction of the component selling feature gold is not a problem at all for most of the old players. They could easily buy extra copies of a reward card.
This extension should only work for cards from the reward tab of the cards.xml. Maybe you should exclude the tournament rewards, because the can’t be bought with gold. Reward cards gained from missions are mostly unique i think so no problem there. The bulk of the reward cards can be bought from the reward tab of the store.

I hope other players will think this is a good idea.
(P.S. i’ll also post the text in leftylinks thread. I don’t know how you guys handle things with each other)

Flag Post

Hi there, I’ve had no problems using the optimizer since yesterday… could you help me?
1) I can’t tell the optim to run a quest-combat simulation… the -q “Step 8” (for example) syntax is not working.
2) How can I write a deck containing “Pip, Epic Arbiter”? Since that card’s name has a comma, it can’t be recognized when written inside Custom.txt

Thanks in advance

Flag Post

1) At the moment that option is only implemented in Leftylinks derivative version of the optimizer. Please see http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65/topics/313937.
2) What I believe most of us have been doing is to manually delete the “,” in all files (Text and XML).

Flag Post

I’m trying to use optimizer but i think i’m missing something important while doing it.
I made everything like in instructions but after i try tu run an example there shows long list of missions, raids, and list of custom decks. I cant see anywhere resulting attack deck. Nobody said where should i look for it in first place so i guess it is too obvious. Deck in Custom file didn’t change either.

Flag Post

that error means you try to use a deck the optimizer cannot find.

try this format: tyrant_optimize.exe “attack” “defense” -climb 1000

and make careful that the attack and defense decks exist in custom.txt
also, do not use tab to move when entering a deck there, only spacebar and arrows

if it works, but the error persists for a mission.. update your xmls..

but leftylink’s integrations to the optimizer are a way forward… maybe you should use that one?
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/313937-automatic-deck-optimization-leftylinks-thread?page=4#posts-6668236

Flag Post

How to redirect the final output deck into a log file and/or deck hash, is it possible?

Flag Post

Redirect the final ouput deck into a log file:

tyrant_optimize.exe “attack” “defense” -climb 1000 > result.txt

Redirect the final output deck into a log file;
After the simulation has finished, print the output deck on the command-prompt screen:
tyrant_optimize.exe “attack” “defense” -climb 1000 > result.txt | type result.txt

Sorry, I don’t know how (is it possible) to output a deck hash…

Flag Post
Originally posted by KevinChan2:

After the simulation has finished, print the output deck on the command-prompt screen:
tyrant_optimize.exe “attack” “defense” -climb 1000 > result.txt | type result.txt

Thanks!
Looks like a .bat file, I get it now, still interested in the deck hash though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KevinChan2:

On *nix systems, you can do

tyrant_optimize.exe “attack” “defense” -climb 1000 | tee result.txt

That will print it out and save it to a file at the same time, so you don’t have to open the text file after the fact.

Flag Post

Regarding the Problem with Gore Typhon:
it happens for me too. i added some more Debug output and ran it several times.
The problem seems to be infuse or status related.

I don’t have a clue about the real issue right now.
There are two different type of error messages, but only one is vissible in the log. The other is a seg fault which happens after the “infuse on” (somewhere in the method perform_skill. I think it’s inside the for, but i need to optimize the output – as i assume some output is not printed to the console because of the segfault)

If someone is interessted in the debuglog: http://pastebin.com/U22KLN2x

Flag Post

Does someone maintain up-to-date .xmls? I have a very limited card pool and am trying to optimize for Pip’s Return.

I need to sleep, but have made a mock-up for my own uses:

Pips Return

Flag Post
Does someone maintain up-to-date .xmls?

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/313937-automatic-deck-optimization-leftylinks-thread

The xml files are downloaded from tyrantonline.com, i.e. they are official files…

Flag Post

Hmmm I am lost… Is there a link with an up to date version? One that includes all or most updates / bug fixes / extras? And if yes, where could I get it?

Flag Post

Hmmm I am lost… Is there a link with an up to date version? One that includes all or most updates / bug fixes / extras? And if yes, where could I get it?

Commonkey is not free in this week (these weeks?), so the original program is not updated.

Leftylinks has updated some features, you can go to the following thread and see his first post.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/313937-automatic-deck-optimization-leftylinks-thread

Flag Post

thx :))