Forums Tyrant

time "bank" system in tournaments page 3

67 posts

Flag Post

yeah better idea is to half the time for playing cards from 20s to 10s for each turn. I am suffering from ppl playing each turn for 20s on purpose enough.

Flag Post

These threads put a smile on my face.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cavemanlol:

i need 1hour i do a lot of thinking/masturbating to the hot commander cards lol

lol sick man

Flag Post

Do you mean Petrisis or Lucina the Wicked?

Flag Post

h means eva and dalia

Flag Post

Best part of tumor’s pic is who he beat to knock into 2nd in the last few secs of the event…maybe that’s why he wants games to take longer.

Flag Post

nothing to do with that

Flag Post

So you’re saying that each card you play should add how much time to the timer?

Flag Post

Either 15 or 20, which is less than the 30 we get. 15 to 20 would make each game take about the same time as it does now only you get to chose where to use your time essentially. Start with 1 min on turn 1.

…actually you know even 20s on turn 1 is fine, turn 1 generally shouldn’t take a lot of thinking.

Flag Post

Maybe I would agree with shian more if I could actually read more of his posts.

Flag Post

So, I originally really liked Shian’s idea (if you never use your 30 seconds to calculate how much Heracles is going to hit your protected longshot for, or something like that, then you probably aren’t playing high level standard games very often), but I do see a lot of problems raised (the stalling out your built up bank is a terrible threat). However, how about we drop to 15/20 seconds of play time, and you have a once-per-match optional additional 20-30 seconds (by clicking extension)?

One general issue is that sealed tournament play rarely ever requires more than a few seconds of thought, and it’d be odd to have two different time systems.

Also, I would just like it if the card I picked to play with 2/3 seconds left (according to my timer) was actually the one played.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bascule2000:

Do you mean Petrisis or Lucina the Wicked?

Originally posted by shian:

h means eva and dalia

yes both of you are correct

Flag Post

well that’s y I said u start with a 1 min bank, then u get 20s increments after that. Reason is most moves take 5-10s, some might take a little over 30. When the board is complicated with lots of protects, rally, intercept ect. ect I find my self short 10s or so.

1. first you have to check all the protects
2. then you have to remember what cards your opponent has left in their deck
3. then you need to visualize all the possible out comes AND anticipate future plays for each outcome
4. finally you have to calculate whats the card to play that yields best expected value

..ya it can easily take over 30s on a crucial play, then when u finally made up your mind between 2 of the better cards, the bot plays the worst cause u’ve ran out of time.

Silly Shian

Flag Post
Originally posted by IamaTumor:
Originally posted by IamaTumor:

Joined with 20 minutes left. Went 17/2 to take first. More time is overrated.

meant more time to play cards, not longer tournaments

I know what you meant but my point still stands. If I were forced to wait extra time while my opponents picked their cards, I would not have been able to make it in 20 minutes. If anything, they should take time away for people who take the entire time limit to make their move each time.

So in other words, our current tournament set-up heavily favors heracles users. Not really helping your case here…

Flag Post

Um, shian, perhaps it’s just me, but maybe you’re just over-complicating things for yourself a bit. Just saying.

Flag Post

1 idea would be having “extra time”
meaning that a player can on demand add 10 extra seconds to their round once per game.

still, it seems unnecesary.
current tourney system ’d be ok except for the bugs and glitches.

Flag Post

I’m still confused because I only get 20 secs per move, not 30. Or am I crazy?