Forums Tyrant

Conquest map MUST RESET!

81 posts

Flag Post

- It will allow trapped factions to start over in the new map, promoting fairness.

- It will allow different factions to fight each other, rather than just the same few factions currently near your tile.

- The biggest factions will probably not be challenged much, so they are just farming tokens without doing anything… basically forever. This frees them up to dump stamina into regular Faction Wars, while not having to worry about map tiles.*

*(Its fine that the biggest factions are the best at Conquest, any new system introduced into a game always gives the advantage to the biggest and baddest players…this is how it should be. But, at some point when there is basically zero work being done, and maximum rewards being collected – that can be an issue)

Reset in the interest of fairness has nothing to do with who is bigger and who paid more. It just means everyone gets a fair shake. Most likely those bigger factions would just re-take just as many tiles every time… but they would have to “work” for it more than just once.

- Reset should be implemented after a designated period of time, probably around 2 weeks or so. The map could have its own clock even displaying this.

- Reset would change Conquest in a positive and more dynamic way. It would be more fun for a majority of players, and it would do nothing but improve the balance of a really innovate and challenging game.

\\\*VOTE RESET for CONQUEST in 2012*///

-

Flag Post

That is an interesting concept. It certainly would give lower level factions more of an opportunity to participate.

Flag Post

LOL, no.. just make new maps for lower lvl faction that give lesser tokens..

Flag Post

I’m getting so tired of these threads. Get better at Tyrant or learn to live with the fact you don’t get to endgame content. Do reset once there are like 5-10 factions left.
Furthermore, there should be an influx of better players in top 10 to make faction play more interesting, right now the little talent that is left is too diluted. Dominating the conquest map might be enough incentive for better players to move up to top factions.

(fwiw, I agree with a reset after beta, not every two weeks)

Flag Post

I agree, should be reset AND additional maps should be introduced for lower level factions.

Honestly, I’d like to see like a 12×12 map for top 10 only – force them to duke it out for tiles! :D

Flag Post

For now you see big factions gets large territory and don’t have to defend.

Wrong

Sooner or later this seemingly large territories will crowd out and big factions fight each other while small factions ambush bits of tiles while they fight over.

Also, there are tiles for low level factions in the maps like lv 10 max ones.

Big factions are not big factions for nothing. Even the one I am in got all the statistics, so if I slack off faction wars for weeks, other members see it.

Bring this topic when your prediction actually happens.

The most important thing is the devs never listen. They got their own great plan to make op cards and introduce anarchy to the tyrant players.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ralkkdillon:

I agree, should be reset AND additional maps should be introduced for lower level factions.

Honestly, I’d like to see like a 12×12 map for top 10 only – force them to duke it out for tiles! :D

is funny this idea is constantly said the devs should listen

Flag Post

They most likely won’t reset, at least not until the players who spent cash to gain the upper hand in this game get their return for the investment (in the form of loads of tokens).

Only much later will you see any semblance of effort made to placate the rest of the community.

Flag Post
Originally posted by maniacal_d:

They most likely won’t reset, at least not until the players who spent cash to gain the upper hand in this game get their return for the investment (in the form of loads of tokens).

Only much later will you see any semblance of effort made to placate the rest of the community.

Fingers crossed

Flag Post

The Hunger Games- but staged on the interwebs.

Flag Post

Or, they could just make it so the more tiles you have the faster they depreciate out of your inventory until you have 31 tiles (at which point there’s 4 falling out of your inventory every day).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sighaknight:

I’m getting so tired of these threads. Get better at Tyrant or learn to live with the fact you don’t get to endgame content. Do reset once there are like 5-10 factions left.
Furthermore, there should be an influx of better players in top 10 to make faction play more interesting, right now the little talent that is left is too diluted. Dominating the conquest map might be enough incentive for better players to move up to top factions.

You’re saying people MUST pay real money for WBs, get top 25 meta decks, and be in a top 10 faction. Only very few have already done all of that. It’s nearly impossible for everyone else to do all of them, especially the last part.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Marine851:

Only very few have already done all of that. It’s nearly impossible for everyone else to do all of them, especially the last part.

It’s not all that hard to get into a top 10 faction (and it’s easier than it ever was). I got in one, and I make horrible yo momma jokes all the time.

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrTinker:

Only very few have already done all of that. It’s nearly impossible for everyone else to do all of them, especially the last part.

It’s not all that hard to get into a top 10 faction (and it’s easier than it ever was). I got in one, and I make horrible yo momma jokes all the time.

Well:

-1. How long have you played, and do you have a top 25 meta deck?
-2. Moy many $ of WBs have you spent?
-3. How picky are top 10 factions, and do they have any room (max 50 people)

Flag Post

stop making these useless threads and stick to one thread please:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/297816-reset-conquest-map

Flag Post

then we’d be screwed by little noob factions farming our fp during our main time AND downtime. we get fewcfp and lp in conquest as it is ffs.

Flag Post

^This FtW 8D

Flag Post

Yes, it would help if there were several tiered maps. Lets face it, either you can’t beat factions more than 3 levels above you or you’re gonna farm them and be in that position within a couple of weeks, Tiering the rewards for the maps would help to stop Higher level players from farming n00b factions anyway

Flag Post

You’re saying people MUST pay real money for WBs, get top 25 meta decks, and be in a top 10 faction. Only very few have already done all of that. It’s nearly impossible for everyone else to do all of them, especially the last part.

Hey you want a lot of tokens? Get in a top ten faction. If your skill level means that you need to spend ‘real’ money (oh noes), sucks to be you I guess. Let’s stop with this ‘everything for everyone’ qq whinefest all you self-entitled crybabies indulge in.

And none of this tiered maps crap. In fact, remove all level requirements and let’s all play on one big map. Conquest is for the best, not for everyone.

Flag Post
Originally posted by noskk:

LOL, no.. just make new maps for lower lvl faction that give lesser tokens..

Originally posted by walkleft3:

For now you see big factions gets large territory and don’t have to defend.

Wrong

Sooner or later this seemingly large territories will crowd out and big factions fight each other while small factions ambush bits of tiles while they fight over.

Also, there are tiles for low level factions in the maps like lv 10 max ones.

Big factions are not big factions for nothing. Even the one I am in got all the statistics, so if I slack off faction wars for weeks, other members see it.

Bring this topic when your prediction actually happens.

The most important thing is the devs never listen. They got their own great plan to make op cards and introduce anarchy to the tyrant players.

Originally posted by Roki123:

Originally posted by JotarkKa:

stop making these useless threads and stick to one thread please:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/297816-reset-conquest-map

Originally posted by darkfang77:

then we’d be screwed by little noob factions farming our fp during our main time AND downtime. we get fewcfp and lp in conquest as it is ffs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by et1296:

It’s still in beta, no point resetting it until factions start getting desperate enough to actively look for glitches/bugs/hacks (though, I am confident that the weaknesses opened up with the latest update are already known by a select few players). Give it another few weeks so all the aspects of conquest that are seemingly “unfair” are exposed. You need to wait until Dragons and MoM actually start going head to head, then the cheap stuff will really start flying around. Then we reset and laugh.

Flag Post

i disagree.

no reset – remove all level restrictions – allow 5 simultaneous conquests per faction.

moar pew pew! moar QQ!

Flag Post
Originally posted by MSUSpartan3096:
Originally posted by et1296:

It’s still in beta, no point resetting it until factions start getting desperate enough to actively look for glitches/bugs/hacks (though, I am confident that the weaknesses opened up with the latest update are already known by a select few players). Give it another few weeks so all the aspects of conquest that are seemingly “unfair” are exposed. You need to wait until Dragons and MoM actually start going head to head, then the cheap stuff will really start flying around. Then we reset and laugh.

Don’t forget to bring your popcorn! 8)

Flag Post
Originally posted by lfiamoncini:
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

Reset the Map – all players will have 0 from conquest. Nobody wins.
Dont reset – some players will continue with less than others, but is better than 0, and can fight to conquer more.

Reset the Map will only make the QQers happy, and vaporize the time spent from others.

And what about the factions that are currently stuck at the edge?
Hmm?

And what about the factions that are currently NOT stuck in the edge?
Hmm?

They’ll be fine.

This way, everybody gets a fresh start.

No, they will not be fine, they will lose what they conquer.
But, who doesnt conquered, because stuck or other problems, will begin with nothing, like reset.

And, the actual conquest format have much space to make your way, this is not like some MMO with 1 group taking all map and mantain it. The largest faction can takes only a piece of the map, and probably will suffer to mantain it.

Nothing can justify the reset.

^ This is in another topic about reset the map. Just using here too.