Originally posted by AMCG:
Originally posted by Roki123:

And what about Dominator?

happy new year n_n

Not broken enough.

what? (fail quote)

Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:

We were thinking about buffing several of the old favorite cards to be competitive in the current meta – at least a few of the big cards from all of the old sets. This has a lot of positive effects: changing the meta up, reducing the effect of the current perceived power creep, and of course giving the grizzled old vets a little <3. What do you think about this?

(I miss Tiamat imho tbqh)

Good idea, can you show us what cards you want to buff? Will it be fan-voted?

Flag Post
Originally posted by AMCG:
Originally posted by Roki123:

And what about Dominator?

happy new year n_n

Basically Imperial Atelier With 1 less Cooldown,and Crush 2 Instead of Summon Pinion on Play

Flag Post
Originally posted by Polari:

Seasonal conquest would be an improvement too. Conquest is much more fun than the old faction wars but currently there’s no incentive for top factions to do it. It was fun for a week and since then it’s been half the map sitting on whatever reward tier they are content with, surrounded by other factions in similar situation with nobody ever attacking anyone.

Exactly. Conquest right now is good for the top 20 factions and a few of their spinoff low level factions and doesn’t really do anything for anyone else.

Flag Post

both are fantastic ideas.

i also like the idea of using older cards as crafting components for upgraded cards – something to do with ability fusion would be neat (eg. fuse Medic w/ Tiamat to give it healing).
This would still require players to gain the original cards through regular play, giving them something to work towards.

Flag Post
Originally posted by crx687:

Seasonal conquest would be an improvement too. Conquest is much more fun than the old faction wars but currently there’s no incentive for top factions to do it. It was fun for a week and since then it’s been half the map sitting on whatever reward tier they are content with, surrounded by other factions in similar situation with nobody ever attacking anyone.

Exactly. Conquest right now is good for the top 20 factions and a few of their spinoff low level factions and doesn’t really do anything for anyone else.

Agreed, there needs to be some incentive for them to fight each other constantly or Conquest is just boring 8(

Also, more tiles please!

Flag Post
Originally posted by dsagent:

WTH is with the topic title?

D:

LOL

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xyrus_G:
Originally posted by crx687:

Agreed, there needs to be some incentive for them to fight each other constantly or Conquest is just boring 8(

Also, more tiles please!

But more tiles will be the same thing except 30 instead of 20 factions sitting there… That’s why resets is the way to go.

Flag Post

If anyone is still reading this, the following is a suggestion that attempts to address the problem brought up in the first couple pages about strong factions picking on the little guys because there was no reason not to:

Make all non-border failed attempts to take a tile cost the attacking faction FP, scaling like a faction war does. If a high level faction tries to take a tile away from a low level faction, but loses the attempt, they should lose the full 10 FP for their failed attempt.

This rewards a lower FP faction for holding strong against a tougher competitor at the same time as it creates a disincentive for the strong guy to pick on the weak guy (if they can’t guarantee a win). It will not solve the instances where the disparity between factions is too large for the defending faction to really put up a fight.

Why do I limit this suggestion to non-edge tiles? Because I suspect that the reason this mechanic doesn’t exist in the first place is to encourage factions that are NOT on the map to try to enter the map. Creating even a 1-point punishment for those lower-level factions trying to enter the map seem unfair to those factions.

Now I’m not sure how much the factions at the top really care about FP, but surely they care somewhat?

Anyway, this is a really small change to try to solve a really big problem, so I don’t see it being THE solution. But if you’re looking for incrementalist solutions to Conquest’s problems rather than remaking the entire thing anew, I think this suggestion is one great way to start.

Edit: In retrospect, this is a terrible solution. You don’t want to keep factions from fighting you want to encourage it. Forget I said anything.

Flag Post

- implement a maximum number of tiles a faction can have, based on the FACTION LEVEL. At the moment we see high-level factions torn apart because of the level-safeheaven.

- implement tiles to yield DIFFERENT token values; say 2/3 token for an ‘easy’ tile and 1 token for a ‘hard-to-get’ tile and the faction can have say 6 tiles at faction level 8.

- make the tiles worth more the closer to the middle you get – then the HARDCORE factions will wage war to get those tiles, leaving the edges less defended for weaker factions

Flag Post
Originally posted by artdz:

- implement a maximum number of tiles a faction can have, based on the FACTION LEVEL. At the moment we see high-level factions torn apart because of the level-safeheaven.

- implement tiles to yield DIFFERENT token values; say 2/3 token for an ‘easy’ tile and 1 token for a ‘hard-to-get’ tile and the faction can have say 6 tiles at faction level 8.

- make the tiles worth more the closer to the middle you get – then the HARDCORE factions will wage war to get those tiles, leaving the edges less defended for weaker factions

I get the feeling that I’ve read this somewhere before, but it is a good set of ideas regardless.

Flag Post

plz buff the vaporwing :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by tutucox:

ok :

Vaporwing II
3/5/2
Evade
Armored 2
Flying

Flag Post
Originally posted by lol0lo:
Originally posted by tutucox:

ok :

Vaporwing II
3/5/2
Evade
Armored 2
Flying

Dominated Vaporwing II

Flag Post
Originally posted by SwedishPancakes:

I get the feeling that I’ve read this somewhere before, but it is a good set of ideas regardless.

True, it’s been said before and it’s being said again. Why? It’s just that good an idea 8)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xyrus_G:
Originally posted by SwedishPancakes:

True, it’s been said before and it’s being said again. Why? It’s just that good an idea 8)

I am SwedishPancakes and I approve this message.

Flag Post

Oh noes $ynapticon is running out of juice? late justice is no justice $napticon!

Flag Post

We have a couple ideas we’re discussing (note: very early discussions) and some feedback would be great.

1) Buffing a few Golden Oldies
We were thinking about buffing several of the old favorite cards to be competitive in the current meta – at least a few of the big cards from all of the old sets. This has a lot of positive effects: changing the meta up, reducing the effect of the current perceived power creep, and of course giving the grizzled old vets a little <3. What do you think about this?

(I miss Tiamat imho tbqh)

2) Conquest Seasons
We’re considering a Conquest setup where, in addition to general rewards for tile control, we also have a ranking system that rewards holding tiles in the long term. Every 1-3 months, the Conquest map is reset and we distribute rewards – some exclusive rewards for Top factions, and some additional rewards for all factions that reach a certain rating level. This will help keep the map fresh after resets and will also give interesting additional rewards. Do you like this idea? Is this unfair to existing Conquest factions?

Reply to suggestions :

1) Interesting idea but I would be very careful doing that balance-wise so do some testing/examining before buffing old cards because some of them are not as obsolete.

2) Conquest map reset is desirable and almost considered a must with the current setup:
However there are several issues here:
-Factions who already dominated the map once have way more chance to do so again due to Faction upgrades that remain.
-Factions members who have bought said upgrades have less incentive to go to another faction because they want to maintain their loyalty.

Suggestions : What I would like to see for Conquest:

-Trade: Resources/component Trading that allows lower factions to negotiate a position on the map and maybe some specialized trait for each faction that would makes its unique spirit/existence potentially more valuable for larger factions.

-Alliances and Politics : Allowing lesser factions to unite against bigger factions and either split the rewards or turn on each-other later for greed. This will make bigger factions more keen on negotiating or maybe forming alliances and deals themselves.

-Faction Crafting: Let each faction build their own unique card and buy traits for it using some balance system that makes limitations on how powerful the faction flagship card can be. Each player would be able to get only one Faction Card(meaning that when you elect to get a new one it simply replaces the old one) . If you leave your faction you still have that card and if you join a new faction it only gets replaced if you choose to buy that new faction’s card.
So that promote “technology stealing” among factions or give each faction a more unique feel.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NeuroToxin:

Suggestions : What I would like to see for Conquest:

-Trade: Resources/component Trading that allows lower factions to negotiate a position on the map and maybe some specialized trait for each faction that would makes its unique spirit/existence potentially more valuable for larger factions.

-Alliances and Politics : Allowing lesser factions to unite against bigger factions and either split the rewards or turn on each-other later for greed. This will make bigger factions more keen on negotiating or maybe forming alliances and deals themselves.

-Faction Crafting: Let each faction build their own unique card and buy traits for it using some balance system that makes limitations on how powerful the faction flagship card can be. Each player would be able to get only one Faction Card(meaning that when you elect to get a new one it simply replaces the old one) . If you leave your faction you still have that card and if you join a new faction it only gets replaced if you choose to buy that new faction’s card.
So that promote “technology stealing” among factions or give each faction a more unique feel.

I like this! Especially Faction Crafting! I’m tired of waiting for the community to make a card about me! XD

Seriously though these are good ideas 8)

Flag Post

http://haileon.com/TyrantDEV

Here they are.

Most notable buffs:
Apollo 1/7/4
Azure Reaper 4/6/3 (like raid one)
Gruesome Crawler 1/4/1 (now it’s pretty durable fast weaken all)
Obsidian 1/4/2 (same as above)
Pummeller 4/8/4 Siege 4
Titan 3/9/4 Armored 2
Tremor Wyrm 3/7/4 (that’s a real buff!)

Flag Post

you missed:

kraken… 3/12/4 FLURRY 3…. thats some massive damage… it’s like a mini-razo now
gun raven 3/10/4 swipe, anti-air 3, immobilize… thats a damn good card now. I like xD
fortifier – 3/5/3 – armor 3, flurry 2, pierce 2

Flag Post
Originally posted by mschurma:

you missed:

kraken… 3/12/4 FLURRY 3…. thats some massive damage… it’s like a mini-razo now
gun raven 3/10/4 swipe, anti-air 3, immobilize… thats a damn good card now. I like xD
fortifier – 3/5/3 – armor 3, flurry 2, pierce 2

All buffs are pretty impressive, no need to mention them all though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moonfrost:

Here they are.

Most notable buffs:
Apollo 1/7/4
Azure Reaper 4/6/4 (like raid one)
Pummeller 4/8/4 Siege 4
Titan 3/9/4 Armored 2

And rumbler? D: pleas ei want my rumbler again

Flag Post

Here they are.

Most notable buffs:
Apollo 1/7/4
Pummeller 4/8/4 Siege 4
Titan 3/9/4 Armored 2

Not letting me on haileon, but shouldn’t Reaper be 4/6/3, not 4?

Flag Post
Originally posted by masterluke:

Here they are.

Most notable buffs:
Apollo 1/7/4
Pummeller 4/8/4 Siege 4
Titan 3/9/4 Armored 2

Originally posted by masterluke:

Here they are.

Most notable buffs:
Apollo 1/7/4
Pummeller 4/8/4 Siege 4
Titan 3/9/4 Armored 2

Yup, sorry, it was a typo.