Forums Tyrant

[To the Devs] Please be smart about the "buffing" page 2

95 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by ohnonooh:
Originally posted by catepillar:
Originally posted by inorix:

Why not just buff the cards. But if that can’t happen, I’d go with option 1.

“Just” buffing the cards could mess with some of the early missions. Like facing a buffed Draconian Queen… New players need a contingency option for it, though I agree “just buffing” is preferable to this crafting nonsense.

Players will not face the buffed Draco during mission 20++ if Dev choose so. Reason for that is because Dev have already created separated version of those cards. (with two different IDs, Dev can choose either card to field for mission since the pre/post buff draco queen is not a single entity any more.)

So right now the only thing is whether Dev would like to attach a cost to those buff cards. If the cost is 0, then it will be “just buff the cards” which just requires players to go press the upgrade button and convert the card.

Right now, it doesn’t look like the dev’s would like to do this. The current cost is Conquest Tokens (which are already on a shortage). This does nothing to solve 3 problems: The excess of gold for established players, the buildup of components for established players, and the ability to get new players involved and competitive sooner.

Flag Post

Yes I know from past trend, Dev tend to stick pretty closely to what we spotted in xml although PiP just love to pop in and repeat the same old nonsense of whatever we spot in xml are just speculation.

My post is just to point out that even though card need to be “upgraded” and not automatically have their stats modified which should have been the way to any “balancing” (recall mind controller nerf), this “upgrading” is needed to circumvent the seal tourney issue.

I just hope everyone will take note of that and look at what Dev is doing. The “upgrading” part is a necessity, BUT NOT THE COST. Should Dev attach a cost to it, then I just hope everyone will be able to see that this isn’t a move to “buff” cards at all. Because this isn’t a buff at all, this is implementation of tiered cards, albeit not for every single card in game.

Flag Post

yes devs, make the cost be gold, underused crafting components or even nothing at all. not something that will piss off everyone.

Flag Post

buff cost should be generators.

That is all.

Flag Post

There is more than enough things to spend conquest tokens on and not enough factions active on the conquest map. I also hope that the devs either go with just gold or old compoments (or half and half). Tokens is just punishing most of the players that would benefit most from the buffs.

Flag Post

That rocks! XD

Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:
Originally posted by Moonfrost:

Upgraded card should have different art/name/both to be distinguished easier.
Having 2 different versions of card will cause a lot of mess.

I like alpha and omega. (Their stats).

Flag Post

You’re forgetting an important truth – Devs are after profit first, game-internal issues second. Issues about that truth are for another thread all togather.

It should seem obvious to you all that this is part of a much larger push to get people into competive factions, because, as devs have stated, people in active factions are far more likely to buy WB.

Whether or not their methods will actually work aside, in theory creating a conquest-token heavy meta will encourage players to join factions and be competitive to get tokens. Since tokens are hard to get in quanity, people are pressed to do well – WB. At the same time, since even one tile earns some tokens, free players are encouraged (a little taste mechanism) that they can do well and thus are even more likely to WB. In theory.

The devs rarely accept arguments from the community about things of this nature, so I don’t expect anything from the xml to be changed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eonian:

Whether or not their methods will actually work aside, in theory creating a conquest-token heavy economy will encourage players to join factions and be competitive to get tokens. Since tokens are hard to get in quanity, people are pressed to do well – WB. At the same time, since even one tile earns some tokens, free players are encouraged (a little taste mechanism) that they can do well and thus are even more likely to WB. In theory.

You’re forgetting that people leave this game on a regular basis. And a lot of people don’t like high level faction play. So I doubt it would work.

Flag Post

i reinforce my opinions on buffing the cards with own skill = capacitors, or hive capacitors. either way, pvp-testing oneself.

Flag Post

Whether or not their methods will actually work aside, in theory creating a conquest-token heavy economy will encourage players to join factions and be competitive to get tokens. Since tokens are hard to get in quanity, people are pressed to do well – WB. At the same time, since even one tile earns some tokens, free players are encouraged (a little taste mechanism) that they can do well and thus are even more likely to WB. In theory.

You’re forgetting that people leave this game on a regular basis. And a lot of people don’t like high level faction play. So I doubt it would work.

Hence why I stressed that it was $yn’s theory and implied it wouldn’t work.

3/10

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

Scenario 4: All the previous scenarios are false, and we’d better wait

Flag Post

Making the upgrades cost 10 Conquest Tokens is a horrible idea, IMO. If competitive factions are where the majority of WB purchases come from, you should be approaching this as a way to help newer players get into competitive factions faster. As it is it can take a couple months before a new player is ready for that, which is a couple wasted months for your bottom line.

By the same token, large amounts of gold is a bad idea too, new players are pressed for that as well. Use Generators or something similarly ubiquitous.

Flag Post
Originally posted by shadevarr:

There is more than enough things to spend conquest tokens on and not enough factions active on the conquest map. I also hope that the devs either go with just gold or old compoments (or half and half). Tokens is just punishing most of the players that would benefit most from the buffs.

Active factions is a relative term. There are only about 5 “active” factions by the definition you know. However, you are correct, needing to use these tokens is difficult when most factions can’t bust into the conquest stage and really keep a hold.

Flag Post

ok start using casing and cell chamber to buff cards :3

pls i’m still bugged by all these useless junk…

Flag Post

I think the upgrade should just automatically upgrade every single copy of the card you have, not a single card?

Personally I prefer “just buffing”, and if not then option 1.

Flag Post

You’re forgetting an important truth – Devs are after profit first, game-internal issues second. Issues about that truth are for another thread all togather.

It should seem obvious to you all that this is part of a much larger push to get people into competive factions, because, as devs have stated, people in active factions are far more likely to buy WB.

We know Dev has always been pretty stingy when it comes to resource usage. First they troll player by setting 60k hw pack. After that wave of QQ, they decided to take a less obvious path. Introduce new in game currency under the disguise of crafting. And lo and behold, we are still getting more and more crafting mats added to the list.

Maybe the conquest token requirement is a way of saying “lol guess we made another useless feature that will die out in a month or so”. Maybe increasing the “usefulness” of those token(yes lets have “buffing” of old cards with those token) can extend the life cycle of conquest by 2 more months :D

Flag Post

I don’t like this buffing idea at all…

Flag Post

The information has changed to 10000 gold cost each :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by JotarkKa:

I think the upgrade should just automatically upgrade every single copy of the card you have, not a single card?

Agreed, simple replacing would be better. But seems that devs are going to implement that there will be 2 different versions of the same card, not new one replacing old. So we need “different art/name/both”.

Flag Post

Agreed, simple replacing would be better. But seems that devs are going to implement that there will be 2 different versions of the same card, not new one replacing old. So we need “different art/name/both”.

True, just making Gold, Enclave, and early Promo + Reward cards won’t overturn the meta, but it will allow for low level players to be more competetive

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by inorix:

Why not just buff the cards. But if that can’t happen, I’d go with option 1.

“Just” buffing the cards could mess with some of the early missions. Like facing a buffed Draconian Queen… New players need a contingency option for it, though I agree “just buffing” is preferable to this crafting nonsense.

they change commanders for missions, can’t they just change the buffed cards to old stats?

Flag Post

I spent around 300k chasing Tremor Wyrm — it was last card needed to complete Enclave (and more than 500k hunting Benediction to finish Standard). Will upgrading card mean that I need buying those awfil packs again??
NO WAY!

P.S. Balance in sealeds is not perfect already. Do you guys really think Wyrm with 7 HP will change it badly?

Flag Post

I spent around 300k chasing Tremor Wyrm — it was last card needed to complete Enclave (and more than 500k hunting Benediction to finish Standard). Will upgrading card mean that I need buying those awfil packs again??
NO WAY!

P.S. Balance in sealeds is not perfect already. Do you guys really think Wyrm with 7 HP will change it badly?

Enclave is actually pretty balanced because everything sucks.
The buffed version of Tremor Wyrm is essentially a “Win” button.