Forums Tyrant

[GUIDE] Most Used Decks in Tournaments (Nov-Dec 2012)

80 posts

Flag Post

Darkblood1 isn’t making one, so I figured it’d be nice to step in. I’ve been meaning to make one for a while now anyway.

Sycophant Fear

Key Cards
Sycophant, Invasion Co-ordinator

Commonly Used Cards
Phantasm, Assailant, Bulwark Guard, Heracles, Sabertooth, Hazard Bolter, Adamantite Armor, Radiance, Pandemic, Obliterator, Full Power, Power Surge

Wallstall (Usually includes Blitz)

Key Cards
Earthquake Generator, Acropolis, Metalworks, Shuddering Keep

Commonly Used Cards
Commanders – Stavros, Dracorex, Lord Halcyon, Korvald
Assaults – Flesh Reaper, Soulsteel Mount, Heracles, Hazard Bolter, Iron Maiden, Plague Burster, Hope Mason
Structures – Zarak, Missile Silo, Command Center, Enclave Warp Gate, Engulfing Chasm, Gatling Tower

Mono Bloodthirsty

Key Cards
Lord of Tartarus, Ravenous Dredge, Asylum, Flesh Reaper

Commonly Used Cards
Split Jaw, Gasher, Sulfuris Sentry, Redeemer, Kogoth the Consumer, Sinew Lasher, Araquanid, Scarab, Blight Tainter, Egg Infector, Plague Burster, Subterfuge

Mono Raider

Key Cards
Heracles, Command Center, Hydra

Commonly Used Cards
Commanders – Duncan, Stavros, Dracorex, Svetlana, Typhon Vex
Assaults – Omega, Obsidian, Kilgore, Slayer, Havoc, Radio Officer, Drake Tooth, Reaver, Hazard Bolter, Charrionite, Flux Track, Hijacker, Iron Maiden
Structures – Mobile Base, Metalworks, Rust Egress, Earthquake Generator, Acropolis
Actions – Typhon’s Orders

Mono Righteous

Key Cards
Bridge of Destiny, Aquatic Epicenter, Hope Mason

Commonly Used Cards
Commanders – Empress, Dracorex, Stavros
Assaults – Thunder Crag, Credo Master, Utopia Beacon, Longshot, Apollo, Hover Pod, Monarch, Atelier, Hierophant, Guerilla Leader, Ayrkrane, Apparition, Vigil, Endurance, Martyr, Chayot, Rapier
Structures – Noxious Den, Acropolis, Righteous Hold, Magnification Relay
Actions – Radiance, Enrichment Vial

Sub Archetype – Ruthless Rapier

Key Cards
Ruthless Brute, Rapier

Quick Strike

Key Cards
Sabre, Iron Maiden

Commonly Used Cards
Commanders – Halcyon the Corrupt, Lord Halcyon, Atlas, Lord Silus, Stavros
Assaults – Tiamat, Omega, Heracles, Phase Lancer, Predator, Hydra, Tremor Wyrm, Hades, Rifter, Marshal, Disposer, Neverender, Rolling Arsenal, Split Jaw, Hydra, Titan, Silver Edge, Rapier, Gorgon
Structures – Earthquake Generator, Acropolis, Noxious Den, Engulfing Chasm, Photon Dish, Zarak
Actions – Electromagnetic Pulse, Crippling Barrier, Full Power, Enrichment Vial, Plague

Augment (Unconfirmed)

Key Cards
Rapier, Lord Silus (Commander may vary, see QS)

Commonly Used Cards (See also QS)
Ravenous Dredge, Gasher, Hydra, Split Jaw, Enclave Siegeship, Ruthless Brute, Beetle Bomber, Sabre, Rifter, Obsidian, Tremor Wyrm, Gruesome Crawler, Scimitar Exosuit, Omega, Phase Lancer, Hephatat, Delphan, Kezerus of Blades, Silver Edge, Soulsteel Mount, Gorgon, Iron Maiden, Enrichment Vial

Flag Post

There’s been a terrible amount of Power Creep since the last of these threads was made.
Awakening, Buffed Cards, and Terminus have all hit the meta pretty hard.
We’ve had Zarak and Shuddering Keep bring Siege right to the frontline, Sabre, Fortifier and Hydra as the wave of nostalgia, and Phantasm to buff fear decks.

It’s been pretty crazy, but I’ve noticed that Quick Strike, the staple of any non-WBer, has drastically decreased in Versatility due to the rise of strong and durable Wallstall decks.
Blitz has added a certain level of unpredictability to a game, as now cards like Flesh Reaper can suddenly turn the tide of battle.

I think my main gripe at the minute is the dominance of WB cards, specifically Metalworks, Flesh Reaper, Shuddering Keep, etc.
To those of you who say Awakening isn’t WB, screw you. Try getting a pack now using only shards.
Terminus is heading down the same road as Awakening, and it makes sense to predict that once the next expansion rolls around Terminus will become very restricted as well.

I used to preach that you could consistently do well without WBs.
That’s seemed to change now, and you’d be lucky to get 5% without using large numbers of Terminus and Awakening cards.

Devs seriously need to reconsider what they are doing. If they don’t change how packs are earned, free players are completely screwed over.

/rant

Flag Post

why no augment decks

Flag Post

Ive been seeing some marrow decks lately.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kolalouy:

they noob someone called this one earlyer 7 morch 1 marrow two random cards i got no idea what to call that but it isnt a marrow deck

Flag Post
Originally posted by kolalouy:

I haven’t been seeing much of Marrow as of yet. Best leave it to decide which decks it works best in first.

Originally posted by wandomguy:

why no augment decks

Probably lumped it in with QS. Should I split them apart?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

why no augment decks

Probably lumped it in with QS. Should I split them apart?

i know u can know other cards to add into it :D
bad luck is haunting me recently more herc killing siegeship in 3 turns _ always hiting
otherwise i would show it a bit more in a standard and not loss to bullshit

Flag Post

Updated with Augment.
I reckon it’ll be a week or so before we start seeing widespread variations on it though.

Flag Post

How good is this deck?

Flag Post
Originally posted by stormcommando:

How good is this deck?

I would replace a Rapier…or both, with RNG trolling, they’ll Augment Siege against Assault Units and Strike All against Zarak/EQG/Acro, same problem with Silus

Flag Post
bad luck is haunting me recently more herc killing siegeship in 3 turns _ always hiting

lol. “If there weren’t luck involved, I would win every time.” – Phil Hellmuth wandomguy

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bascule2000:

lol. “If there weren’t luck involved, I would win every time.” – Phil Hellmuth wandomguy

nah bascule
come back to me when herc or something close to it kill all flying units without backup :)

troll better if i say a flying unit after 3 turns dies to herc at 50% chance each time :D

Flag Post

nah bascule
come back to me when herc or something close to it kill all flying units without backup :)

troll better if i say a flying unit after 3 turns dies to herc at 50% chance each time :D

Something legendary that Swipes, but can also hit fliers?

8D

Flag Post

I’d like to see Splitstrike Blitz (split jaw, sabre, soulsteel, hydra + rapier, IM, enrichment vial etc. with stavros/Lord Halcyon/HTC) added.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xyrus_G:

nah bascule

Something legendary that Swipes, but can also hit fliers?

8D

it useless seriously

Flag Post
Originally posted by XRRRX7331:

I’d like to see Splitstrike Blitz (split jaw, sabre, soulsteel, hydra + rapier, IM, enrichment vial etc. with stavros/Lord Halcyon/HTC) added.

That’s just Augment, but without Lord Silus.

Flag Post

Hmm, yeah. Mind including the different commanders as options like Typhon Vex, HTC, Lord halc etc. since they are used so often?

Flag Post

Hmm, yeah. Mind including the different commanders as options like Typhon Vex, HTC, Lord halc etc. since they are used so often?

Vex is probably just Mono-Raider imo.

Flag Post

Vex is probably just Mono-Raider imo.

Mono-raider augment is kind of a sub-genre.

edit: also used a lot less :P rarely I see dracorex in augment decks

Flag Post

good thread.

“Devs seriously need to reconsider what they are doing. If they don’t change how packs are earned, free players are completely screwed over”

i think so.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kkk1234kkk:

good thread.

“Devs seriously need to reconsider what they are doing. If they don’t change how packs are earned, free players are completely screwed over”

i think so.

I think Tyrant is entering the cash grasping phase. Obviously Conquest didn’t generate the amount of revenue that they were expecting.

Or quite the opposite, Conquest+Awakening generate a lot more than they expected, so they think it is a successful model, thus continue with it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nublex:

good thread.

i think so.

I think Tyrant is entering the cash grasping phase. Obviously Conquest did generate the amount of revenue that they were expecting.

Or quite the opposite, Conquest+Awakening generate a lot more than they expected, so they think it is a successful model, thus continue with it.

Ugh, I wish people can just make games for pure enjoyment by all masses that actually want to play it everyday.

Very sickening, immoral.

Flag Post

Welcome to the real world. :/

Flag Post

it’s already hard for free players to beat the overpowered wbstalls but if they use halcyon as well its nearly impossible. first siege card usually rendered useless while zarak + halc strike + soulsteel demolishes hydras / jaws

Flag Post
Originally posted by nublex:

good thread.

i think so.

I think Tyrant is entering the cash grasping phase. Obviously Conquest did generate the amount of revenue that they were expecting.

Ugh, I wish people can just make games for pure enjoyment by all masses that actually want to play it everyday.

Very sickening, immoral.

Chess? Soccer? Solitaire?