Forums Tyrant

[GUIDE] Most Used Decks in Tournaments (Nov-Dec 2012) page 3

80 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by faxos:
Originally posted by shian:

How original

Noting the sarcasm, that deck has been around for ages. The variations have been around for ages as well.
This is nothing special, basically, shian.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

Dont know if the meta has changed or if Im incredible unlucky but you cant even get consistently a top 25% with a deck like this:

Last 4 tournaments, all lost, and at least i know that the meta didnt changed drastically, this is what makes me enrage.

Pretty sure you’re just incredibly unlucky because this deck got me top 1% the other day,
note the two card difference xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by CHAOSPIG222:

Dont know if the meta has changed or if Im incredible unlucky but you cant even get consistently a top 25% with a deck like this:

Last 4 tournaments, all lost, and at least i know that the meta didnt changed drastically, this is what makes me enrage.

Pretty sure you’re just incredibly unlucky because this deck got me top 1% the other day,
note the only one card difference xD

its not that easy to count, i know, but there are 2 (in words: two) different cards.

Flag Post

Yes, Summon on Play cards in an Anti-Wall deck are obligatory.

The most useful are Monarch and Lightning Strider, then in 2nd place goes Bulwark Guard (not needed because most wall stalls uses only a few Blitz cards) and Eviscerator (very slow, dies before activation).

Flag Post

I disagree.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

I disagree.

I call it Anti-Wall deck but is much more a Quick Strike deck than anything else :D

And we are playing tournaments not conquest! How can I fight against a fear deck with this deck?

90% chance to lose

Flag Post

I disagree.

I call it Anti-Wall deck but is much more a Quick Strike deck than anything else :D

And we are playing tournaments not conquest! How can I fight against a fear deck with this deck?

90% chance to lose

That was a selection of Seige cards. It was convenient for me to show them like that. It’s not a deck.
(Not to mention that if you go Anti-Wall the odds of you beating fear aren’t high)

Might see something like this at some point in the meta…(I feel like there’s something wrong though)

Flag Post

I disagree.

90% chance to lose

That was a selection of Seige cards. It was convenient for me to show them like that. It’s not a deck.
(Not to mention that if you go Anti-Wall the odds of you beating fear aren’t high)

Might see something like this at some point in the meta…(I feel like there’s something wrong though)

then how do you defeated Fear may i ask ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful

I’d say the first thing wrong with it is that Ayrkrane is in there twice. =D But I could see something like this coming up in the meta though it is weak to fear because of the commander’s HP so it might need something to combat fear more than just Bod/Hope Mason.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xeth12Quadraxis:

then how do you defeated Fear may i ask ?

If I was lucky, 1st Drop Heracles. Otherwise, I just hoped they wouldn’t spam me with Phantasms.
Hence why I said the odds aren’t high.

Flag Post

Hey Shadowhopeful, you should add Hazard Bolter to the list of cards in Syco fear decks. They’re used to counter heracles, sabre, or flesh reaper and speed up the fearing process. I’ve seen a few in standards.
I’ve also seen monarch in fear decks, although they’re counterproductive since fear decks want to avoid killing things to prevent the enemy from blitzing.

Flag Post

In theory yes. But I’ve never seen a working Fear deck, even for faction wars, which uses Hazard Bolter. I suppose you might be able to make one based around Rally structures, Phantasms and Bolter, but honestly if you’re providing Rally then there’s almost no reason to use Bolter instead of an extra Phantasm.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pacachomp:

In theory yes. But I’ve never seen a working Fear deck, even for faction wars, which uses Hazard Bolter. I suppose you might be able to make one based around Rally structures, Phantasms and Bolter, but honestly if you’re providing Rally then there’s almost no reason to use Bolter instead of an extra Phantasm.

Fear is much better in Conquest.

This deck annihilates Svetlana, HtC, Balthazar, etc.

I’ve seen Hazard Bolter a few times in tourneys, so I’ll add it in.

Flag Post

If you are going to use pure Phantasms and Hazard Bolster add Boot Camp, that rally 1 is very good for everything, Hazard can do 6 damage to kill Split Jaw and every Phantasm does always 4 damage.

Related to Phantasm, this will be a very good defense deck:

Just wait for Terminus to be in the vault.

Flag Post

If you are going to use pure Phantasms and Hazard Bolster add Boot Camp, that rally 1 is very good for everything, Hazard can do 6 damage to kill Split Jaw and every Phantasm does always 4 damage.

Related to Phantasm, this will be a very good defense deck:

Just wait for Terminus to be in the vault.

Seen it, won most battles against it cause my surgedeck eats fear for breakfast. Its really tough for many others though, I´ve checked the defstats of the players using phant-spam and they always got ~50%, which atm is quite good, especially since most losses they got were against fighters. Will be a nice deck, plus its quite cheap to get (already got 3 from free packs, 6+ should be enough cause it doesnt really make a difference after that, so 30-50 WB)

Flag Post

What are the current strong decks like? I think wallstall is being fought very heavily…

Flag Post
Originally posted by SpirosM:

What are the current strong decks like? I think wallstall is being fought very heavily…

Wallstalls now have Warpway Fortress.
Siege decks now have Valentina and Forge-Seared Tank and sometimes Destruction*
Fear decks now include Tactical Infiltrators with Enrichment Vial

Flag Post

New One Please

Flag Post
Originally posted by XKyotosomoX:

New One Please

I haven’t played a Standard Tourney for ages. But here’s what I got.

And as Moraku says, other stuff includes Valentina.

Flag Post

The Tactical Infiltrator fear deck is very good, you ALWAYS have a perfect draw order and you can decide to play only 2 TI then drop the action cards or use all the 3 TI and then action cards.

COMMANDER: Lord Silus, Gialdrea, Dracorex, Dalia, Stavros, Tabitha, Deacon.
Lord Silus is the best choice without doubt, his Augment 1 can be converted in RALLY 3 if the augment goes to the first activated Tactical Infitrator (supposing that you already have all the 3 TI activated).

ACTION CARD 1 (defensive): Plasma Field / Pandemic / Radiance / Obliterator / Adamantite Armor / Flare Singularity, etc.
Depends on the commander, the selection varies, in my case I use Plasma Field because is all-around, I can stop Lord Halcyon strike and Poison on Attack from Shuddering Keep, I can slightly stop a Sycophant fear deck and I can resist a Sabre+Rapier.
The most commonly used card is Pandemic, works perfect if you dont have Dracorex as commander.

ACTION CARD 2 (aggressive): Enrichment Vial.
Cant be replaced, even a rapier is shit in comparison.

EXTRA CARDS: anything.
You can say goodbye to the perfect draw if you add more cards, but I saw people using 1-2 Phantasm, Heart of Corruption and 1-2 Ramble Rover, an Assailant or some good amount of Summon on Play cards.
Every of these decks has a great weakness versus full-fear decks (with perfect order), this is why i dont want to add more cards.

Flag Post

here’s what i found that works best for me:

obli and silus’s hp gives you a chance vs fear, and the 4 tis rather than 3 mean there is a fair chance to get them when you need them. Ramble is almost as good as a ti, if it gets rally.
got 5% in the 24h

Flag Post

It would be awesome if someone can make a newer version of this. It would be of help to us all if we could see what decks are popular so that we can simulate our new decks.

Flag Post

It would be awesome if someone can make a newer version of this. It would be of help to us all if we could see what decks are popular so that we can simulate our new decks.

everything you said is against everything creative this game has to offer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by floppynoodles:

Quite the opposite, this allows us to use all our thought and brainpower to design the best decks we can to combat everyone else’s decks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by floppynoodles:

Quite the opposite, this allows us to use all our thought and brainpower to design the best decks we can to combat everyone else’s decks.

Or just copy the example decks…