Forums Tyrant

Free tyrant is DEAD page 2

116 posts

Flag Post

AAAAAAAAAAAAAALL ABOARD THE QQ TRAIN!

Flag Post

+1 Moving to HD Xyth. It was fun while it lasted. Time for a fully free to play game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cslaci:

Well, everyone was complaining that we need packs that CAN be collected. Devs released HW more than a year ago, and that was the last gold buyable pack, even that not many has been able to put together. But that does not matter anymore since those card are mostly not usable anymore. Ok, beside let’s say 5 exceptions. Definitely does not worth 60 K gold. Oh well, maybe it does due to the facto that GOLD IS DEAD and there is nothing else to buy.

You cannot do anything with gold anymore. What we have is more and more new types of currencies. And what you can do with them is basically to convert them to other forms of wortless currencies.

When I was complaining that Awakening is not free at all people said that at least you can get one every week. So what. If you were lucky enough to get some of the usable card, good for you. If you got 5 skiffs, you are out of the game since you will never be able to get the usable awakening cards anymore. So how free awakening sounds anymore? Now the same will happen to terminus, and so on and so on. There are 3-5 real gamechanger cards in each pack, and it is all pure luck whether you get them or not. You could get some 15 awakening packs, 8 Terminus and so on.

Even paying people or unable and at some point just not willing to keep up with this trend. The free player base is shrinking, so if devs want to keep this shit up and running, they should seriously reconsider the current currency system and make this collectible cardgame to something that is actually collectible…

So what do we have: 10+ of currencies that either not accessible or worthless (GOLD, piston, nexus beacon, generator, artemis generator, fuson generator, Capacitor, Hive capacitor, Gateway Node, Awakening Shard, Terminus Shard)

Two artificially limited currency that allows you to get 2 rares a week: The actual shard + conquest token. Out of which the latter is only available to the 630 most active members.

A tendency where each and every new pack consists more rares than common + uncommon altogether. There are mainly 1-2 common uncommon that is usable in a pack and some 20% of the new rares. As a result if you are really good you can get 1-2 usable card every month, unless you buy some from wb, but that is it. No chance to complete ANY NEW PACKS. No chance to get but a few usable new cards. And we should be happy about it.

But what do we expect. They were unable to make nexus accessible for gold after 2000 posts. So right I feel more than ever. Free tyrant is DEAD.

See, once upon a time the reward cards were BETTER than the pack cards, which is why free players stood a good chance. NOW compare the reward cards vs Metalworks and Zarak. WE NEED BETTER REWARD CARDS!

Flag Post

Q_Q train boarded

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaptorJawsus:

+1 Moving to HD Xyth. It was fun while it lasted. Time for a fully free to play game.

I might move completely to shellshock live 2 but probably not. I hate breaking commitments with stuff (e.g. factions)

Flag Post
Originally posted by cslaci:

You must have a really low self esteem if you are satisfied how devs currently honor your effort and time and money nowadays. Really, max 2 free usable cards a month. Oh great tyrant gods, thank you.

But I might just move to a different game if nothing changes that does not treat me like crap.

Originally posted by jfenz101:

this is a joke they added shards so u guys could get free cards and u still complain. jesus get over it

what does low self esteem have to do with this lol. bro get over it and move onto another game. noone is making u play tyrant u dont like it LEAVE

Flag Post

and yea bro if u want them to go back to having no shard pls put that in post about how free tyrant is dead. and then u can have no free wb cards ever :)

Flag Post

A new gold pack would be nice.

Flag Post

What’s really sad is this game could be on par with World of Warcraft in terms of playerbase if the devs would just listen to threads like this. Unfortunately, the devs don’t listen to these threads. I agree that a player that spends 2000$ a year on a game should have some serious competitive edge, but to a free player like myself, it is literally like pushing needles into my eyes to construct competitive decks. The easiest suggestion is to remove shards in their entirety; make most packs available for gold; have the newest pack as warbond only. There. Follow this basic, simple bluebrint and things will be much better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eonian:

According to the BBB, $yn makes about 11-15K USD per month. Granted, that is a gross value range, but still. I’d guess that their net income would be around 7-10K, based on the gross estimates.

The point?

No one should be saying ANYTHING along the lines of “omg devs need to eat too!!!!!” I’m quite sure they’d still be making a nice profit if they introduced, say, another gold pack.

That is not a lot of money for a company that may employ several people. Simple fact is that the devs don’t see tyrant as a long term game…they believed it would only last a couple years, hence why they are trying to pinch every penny out of it that they can.

Flag Post

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

+1

but it will not change anything as long as the devs earn good.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dnaimagery:

I have not bought one pack from the new expansion. Still waiting to see if this game can stay alive or not.

Dude, there are still heavier war-bonders than you. E.g. Bama4life, Varamond, Authority etc.

Flag Post

i am a free player with kreds pew pew

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

+1

there should not be more rare cards than uncommon or common. Simply put: that’s retarded.

Flag Post

Tyrant is becoming each time harder to salvage, to me its predominantly all about choosing whether to stop playing this game and leave behind the players that this wonderful community consist of or staying and leave the synap more chances to undo the wrong.

Bravo to them for taking on bold and exciting dirrections, but at the end most of them failed; what’s even more dissapointing is that those desition that turned out wrong have been left unchanged. I liked the fact that components came into place, they were a really fun way to try and interest player into factions. Many players joining high level factions would besolved by making the requirement for them to be ammoutn of LP. At the same time they would’ve lower the cost of HW packs and make another one gold accesible. I HATE Shards, period. Quest would’ve been incorporated in another way still for advanced players but not to much to exclude new players.

If by the next Conquest update they seriously do not improve the feature DRASTICALLY I am going to stop playing Tyrant because it would show how synap’s unable to start something and fix it or just throw away since the idea doesn’t work. If what they do is add that rating system and expand the map and (Remove tiel cpa, add more or whatever) they would’ve done nothing but prolongue the suffering of the game.

PLEASE SLOW DOWN the ammount of packs you throw out and work on the problems at hand. Last time I commented briefly I got mad and cursed, but it makes me so mad that the own developers of this greta game are destroying it so badly.

Flag Post

Sorry forgot to throw in this detial just for the sake of it. I hate WarBonds. I enjoy more the little fun games that Kongregate host’ in their site because I know I cna jump into the game and enjoy it as much as any other. Contrary to Tyrant in which I imagine myself quitting in a week after being exposed to this world of craziness that is rumbeling around.

Flag Post

+1 but I understand why the dev doing so

According to the BBB, $yn makes about 11-15K USD per month. Granted, that is a gross value range, but still. I’d guess that their net income would be around 7-10K, based on the gross estimates.

The point?

No one should be saying ANYTHING along the lines of “omg devs need to eat too!!!!!” I’m quite sure they’d still be making a nice profit if they introduced, say, another gold pack.

7-10k spread out among 4 or 5 people is not a lot. In fact, I think they must earn some more from other games.

And no, compare Tyrant to WOW is just silly. One is flash game who attract at most 25-30k players during my peak time ( Tyrantbot ftw); one is the most successful MMORPG out there with million players base, thousand of devs, employees; about to hit their 10 years mark, has no sign slowing down. I doubt anyone would play Tyrant in 2 years time. Just like MSUS said, it’s their business model, the cycle of online flash game is 3-4 years. milked Tyrant cow dry, then pull all the resource to spit out another cow, rinse & repeat.

Flag Post

You guys still play Tyrant? LOL

Flag Post

+1
Devs suck.

Flag Post

I’d say leave mini or small pack like phobos after match or terminus is fine, but for huge pack with most crap rare but only a few useful like homeland and awakening to be gold buyable, at least under a restrict like 1/week for gold.

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post
Originally posted by maboroshi83:

The point?

7-10k spread out among 4 or 5 people is not a lot. In fact, I think they must earn some more from other games.

And no, compare Tyrant to WOW is just silly. One is flash game who attract at most 25-30k players during my peak time ( Tyrantbot ftw); one is the most successful MMORPG out there with million players base, thousand of devs, employees; about to hit their 10 years mark, has no sign slowing down. I doubt anyone would play Tyrant in 2 years time. Just like MSUS said, it’s their business model, the cycle of online flash game is 3-4 years. milked Tyrant cow dry, then pull all the resource to spit out another cow, rinse & repeat.

Since Kong provided the data, the estimates are for only Tyrant; you are right in assuming no other sources of income are counted.

I’m not trying to say the devs are making a killing, I’m just trying to point out that they are making more then some people occasionally imply.

Considering the amount of effort that gets put into the game as is, I would speculate that the devs may still consider the company as a way to get some extra cash on the side, rather then as a full-time job.

Look at Microsoft or Apple’s earliest days. 4-5 people dedicated full-time to this game would put out quite a bit more then we see.

Flag Post
Originally posted by maboroshi83:

The point?

Since Kong provided the data, the estimates are for only Tyrant; you are right in assuming no other sources of income are counted.

I’m not trying to say the devs are making a killing, I’m just trying to point out that they are making more then some people occasionally imply.

Considering the amount of effort that gets put into the game as is, I would speculate that the devs may still consider the company as a way to get some extra cash on the side, rather then as a full-time job.

Look at Microsoft or Apple’s earliest days. 4-5 people dedicated full-time to this game would put out quite a bit more then we see.

can you give me your sources? thanks.