Forums Tyrant

Free tyrant is DEAD page 4

116 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by MSUSpartan3096:
Originally posted by Eonian:

According to the BBB, $yn makes about 11-15K USD per month. Granted, that is a gross value range, but still. I’d guess that their net income would be around 7-10K, based on the gross estimates.

The point?

No one should be saying ANYTHING along the lines of “omg devs need to eat too!!!!!” I’m quite sure they’d still be making a nice profit if they introduced, say, another gold pack.

That is not a lot of money for a company that may employ several people. Simple fact is that the devs don’t see tyrant as a long term game…they believed it would only last a couple years, hence why they are trying to pinch every penny out of it that they can.

My simple rule to pick up game is the dev should like it themselves.

There is games made by gamers, there is games made by coder and there is games made by businessman. I am pretty sure the first one is always the funnest to play.

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

Works on deck building, surge your teammates to test your deck and don’t QQ.

Flag Post

+1 This game is dead for a long time now, just quit it like I did

Flag Post

Reading this forum I see a banner Ad for League of Legends. If synap would just model this game after League of Legends they could have long-term success instead of a dying game. League of Legends doesn’t sell power. Free and pay players have the same chance at characters. Pay players can get characters faster than free players, but free players still have a chance. And league of legends has things like skins for pay players to make their characters look cool.

Why not sell different artwork for cards for WBs? I’m shocked that hasn’t been done yet…

Flag Post

Different business model. There they make you pay by offering more fun / cool things. Here they make you pay by making you desperate enough if you don’t. But that is not the way how things should go… I know a lot of people who has just quit as they got fed up by this.

With a different business model they could attract MUCH more players, so even if you squeeze out less money from each of them, it is benefitial. Moreover, much more future proof.

Right now there are some 100- real milking cows, and if they are gone….

Originally posted by IamaTumor:

Reading this forum I see a banner Ad for League of Legends. If synap would just model this game after League of Legends they could have long-term success instead of a dying game. League of Legends doesn’t sell power. Free and pay players have the same chance at characters. Pay players can get characters faster than free players, but free players still have a chance. And league of legends has things like skins for pay players to make their characters look cool.

Why not sell different artwork for cards for WBs? I’m shocked that hasn’t been done yet…

Flag Post
Originally posted by ratchet500:

Semi WBer here, spent at least $120 here in the past year and a half.
+1 The more ridiculous the amount the devs want the player base to spend on the game, the less likely someone will spend money. Demand is inversely related to price. In fact, I was going to buy bonds from Christmas until I saw a forum post saying that occupation was going to come so soon after Terminus.
I am seriously considering taking the money I would have spent on Tyrant somewhere else, since, with so many new packs, you need to spend even more money to get most of the best cards compared with the past. Half of the new packs consisting of rares and an artificially large ratio of legendaries doesn’t help either
You devs also have to consider the ad revenue from all the players on Kongregate Tyrant. Losing a large portion of that would significantlt dent your profits.
Greed can bring down any business. I sincerily hope Tyrant does not go that way, given the money I’ve already spent, but it is inevitable given the current mindset of the Devs.

Exactly my situation. I spend around $100 Id say. After playing standard I realized I need to spend much more $$, I need Iron works, Synco’s, Lord Halcyon etc. Dont get me wrong, Im okay with losing. The thing that bothers me is all these solely $$$-accesible cards I lose to.

But then, if I buy these cards…. when will they be obsolete? It also kind of bothers me there is no chance of getting any set complete with these release rates.

Flag Post

Not just free players are being locked out, it looks like cards are getting into the vault later and later. I always found it ridiculous that paying customers have to constantly check the vault for days to even get one outdated virtual card for real money… And now you basically have to spend hundreds of dollars on boosters or your cardpool will not be current and not competitive on the highest level.

Would it really be that bad to just sell your virtual cards that get outdated after a few months anyway for $2.50 a piece? I mean that way playing tyrant on a competetive level would still cost more indirect monthly fees than much better MMOs.

Flag Post

when Free players won a lot of standard with a Strike deck, some WB said that is not normal, bla bla bla (QQ)… now you can only win a standard with WB cards (or the best luck ever in free packs) and WB players say the same Bla bla bla …

I m sad because i can t play a standard atm (my deck is obsolete) , i played a lot of them in the past.

The game is dead since a while if i read a lot of posts on kong ….. and still a lot of players have fun here.
maybe not with the best deck or in standard, that s true but in faction ….

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

EDIT: I hate kongregate’s edit-post thingy, it destroyed my whole post…………

Flag Post

In a game where you essentially using 10 card out of 900 there are only a few good, so I rather see a problem as they did not let us to properly collect the important ones.

They DID merge them into one source (gold), but that remained to be worthless.

Rares supposed to be rare meaning LESS in quantity that commons or uncommon. Since they are rare. But no, there are more of them.

I sill hope too :D

Flag Post

Unfortunately I do not have it in history :(

Originally posted by FredrIQ:

EDIT: I hate kongregate’s edit-post thingy, it destroyed my whole post…………

Flag Post

Aw

Originally posted by cslaci:

In a game where you essentially using 10 card out of 900 there are only a few good, so I rather see the problem as they did not let us to properly collect the important ones.

rares supposed to be rare meaning LESS in quantity that commons or uncommon. Since they are rare. But no, there are more of them.

More rares means fewer players get specific rares, which creates more variety in people’s card pools, which is neat. And then, people will have lots of the same uncommons and commons, making them… well, common.

Collectors are the real losers if a set contains 50% rares — as long as devs balance the rares against each other properly (which they haven’t done at all lately), free players which aren’t collectors wont have such a big problem.

Flag Post

Somewhat agree, but the problem is, you cannot totally balance that many cards and WB-ers will always be able to get the good ones, so in the end it is always the free player that are in a real bad situation facing eviscenator zarak egg infector flesh reaper metalwors shuddering keep spams

Originally posted by FredrIQ:

Aw

In a game where you essentially using 10 card out of 900 there are only a few good, so I rather see the problem as they did not let us to properly collect the important ones.

rares supposed to be rare meaning LESS in quantity that commons or uncommon. Since they are rare. But no, there are more of them.

More rares means fewer players get specific rares, which creates more variety in people’s card pools, which is neat. And then, people will have lots of the same uncommons and commons, making them… well, common.

Collectors are the real losers if a set contains 50% rares — as long as devs balance the rares against each other properly (which they haven’t done at all lately), free players which aren’t collectors wont have such a big problem.

Flag Post

Free tyrant is DEAD.

You’re about year late with that conclusion. Better late than never, I guess?

Fun fact: there is new, totally free CCG on Kong. Unfortunately unlike Tyrant, it requires thinking, so it’s not for everyone.

Flag Post

A year ago UB, Hephatat, Radiant, Necrogeddon were good enough obtainable cards, and if I wanted to I could easily get to top 1-5% even on WB standards. Not anymore.

Originally posted by Seizan_7:

Free tyrant is DEAD.

Fun fact: there is new, totally free CCG on Kong. Unfortunately unlike Tyrant, it requires thinking, so it’s not for everyone.

Flag Post

+1, join me and the .01% of Free Tyrant players!

Flag Post

Free Tyrant is dead? I haven’t spent a single penny on this game, yet I am in a competitive faction and doing extremely well on the net point rating. My surge deck contains 2 cards that I bought from the vault that are otherwise obtainable from awakening. Before that I had a completely WB free deck with all the cards you dont need luck for. I dont see what does spending high amounts of warbonds really give you. Of course the best WB decks are better than free decks, but you would expect that after spending insane amount of money to obtain the necessary cards. And besides, the difference is really not that big if you have good deck building skills.

Also you can get WB for playing in wb sealed tourneys. I get around 25-100 net wb a week. Or are you people complaining that you log in 2 times a day for 10 mins, throw together some random cards and cant be competitive?

So lets compare free Tyrant vs WB Tyrant: Raids, missions – no difference between free and wb. Conquest – deck optimizers can make a 90%+ deck against any deck, so no diff between free and Wb. Faction wars – play smart and WB is only slightly better. Only place where WB players have clear advantage is in standard tourneys, but then again in sealed tourneys it doesnt matter at all if you are free or WB player. So again I dont understand how can anybody say free Tyrant is dead?

But I do agree that Devs need to do more to pull in free players. Every online game like Tyrant needs a strong F2P playerbase or it will die. Making older packs gold buyable is a good idea. I doubt people wb old packs anyway.

Tl;Dr – WB players dont have that great of advantage over free players. Making older packs gold buyable wont harm WB players only benefit Tyrant overall.

Flag Post

free tyrant isnt dead it just takes work, time, and dedication it does start out slow but gets a lot better after a while

Flag Post
Originally posted by IamaTumor:

I don’t know what is this Ads sorcery that you are talking about, but I too brought up LoL as an example many times while discussing Tyrant’s pay2win business model. It’s even funnier when you think about how long we put up with warbonding deciding who wins a faction war

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seizan_7:

Free tyrant is DEAD.

Xyth is awesome indeed!

Flag Post

rip

Flag Post

+1