Forums Tyrant

[Dev] Universal Shard proposal page 2

199 posts

Flag Post

So, nearly everyone sees that stockpiling is not a good thing when it comes to stockpiling to get new content on release. That should not take much convincing.

No one seems to have an issue with stockpiling old shards because that allows collecting old content.

So with a universal shard and a new shard, stockpiling becomes a non-issue, as stockpiling is more-or-less limited to old/current content, and not new content.

 
Flag Post

what would happen cause i have 9 terminus shards and 9 awakening how would the cap work on that?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:
Originally posted by catepillar:
Originally posted by synapticon:
Originally posted by catepillar:

2 shards (and only 2).

  • A new shard (would be occupation for this release)
  • Universal shard

With a new release, the new shard gets added to the universal shard count.

This seems like an unnecessary extra step if we go universal

It prevents the need for a cap.

I don’t understand what the problem with a cap is unless you want to stockpile, which is what we’re trying to avoid. This seems still overly complicated.

Having two different types of shards prevents stockpiling those 20+ shards for next expansion (setting everyone on even ground). I see that as a good thing. It’s worth the complication, in my opinion.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:
Originally posted by TheGil:
Originally posted by synapticon:


-Add a cap of 20 on the total number of shards.

please please please, dont do it. you will ruined the whole fun i have left in tyrant :(
let me get 1k shards first then do what you want, but please dont cap them. ok? please?

But.. why ;_;

cause i collect shards, there are players who collect cards or components, or foil cards. i collect shards, i just want to have lots and lots of shards, to get to 1000 shards. its all i have left in tyrant… (you can check, i havent opened a single pack with shards)

shards are the only thing in tyrant which is free for all, suprior than all, no metter how much wb or gold you have, if you are boting, account sharing, using exploit or just a normal human, your chance to get shards are the same as anyone else, so they are the most pure thing in tyrant collecting shards is actually the thing i enjoy the most in tyrant :)
 
Flag Post

Very much in favor of a universal shard. Takes away all of my problems with the current shard system.

 
Flag Post

do it fast

 
Flag Post

Thank you for creating a Universal Shard

 
Flag Post

+1 to universal

 
Flag Post

Also, I can’t see anyone having an issue with Tyrant going down for 15m during an update while the database shards are being merged.

PSSSSSSSSSSSST if they do have problems, promise them 10 of the new shards so they can get a free pack ;)

 
Flag Post

if we do the math we actually find universal shard to be a bad thing

we get a 37.5% chance of a occupation shard from daily chance
a 9.3% chance of awakening
a 9.3% chance of teminus

a 150% chance from quest for occupation
a 19% for an awakening from quest
a 19% chance for teminus

therefore we have a total of a total of 244.1% chance of any one shard on a daily basis

they want to drop this to a 225% chance
this comes to a ratio of 92.18 new to every 100 old shards

or 10 old shards every 2.87 days to every 10 new shards every 3.11 days

 
Flag Post

You might want to read this:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/313646-free-tyrant-is-dead

Written by someone who has just lost his will to ever pay for this shit again unless something drastilly changed with the currency system.

 
Flag Post

Great pls do it :-D

 
Flag Post

I think a cap of 25 would be better. That way you could hold two packs and still get shards.

 
Flag Post

The sad part is that is that it still takes years to collect the awakening, even if you spend all your shards on it. And that supposed to be the “free” pack. And they think it is even too much for us. Just pathetic.

Originally posted by benthetick:

if we do the math we actually find universal shard to be a bad thing

we get a 37.5% chance of a occupation shard from daily chance
a 9.3% chance of awakening
a 9.3% chance of teminus

a 150% chance from quest for occupation
a 19% for an awakening from quest
a 19% chance for teminus

therefore we have a total of a total of 244.1% chance of any one shard on a daily basis

they want to drop this to a 225% chance
this comes to a ratio of 92.18 new to every 100 old shards

or 10 old shards every 2.87 days to every 10 new shards every 3.11 days

 
Flag Post

Yes please. Dear shard collector(s): Majority rules. Sorry bud. Spend those bad boys.

 
Flag Post

Universal shards are alright in my book. +1 from me as well.

 
Flag Post

Do it.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGil:
Originally posted by synapticon:


-Add a cap of 20 on the total number of shards.

please please please, dont do it. you will ruined the whole fun i have left in tyrant :(
let me get 1k shards first then do what you want, but please dont cap them. ok? please?

So hold everyone else back cause you want 1K shards

 
Flag Post

Yes. Right now. And I might even buy some Kreds to send you if you do.

 
Flag Post

+ over 9001 !!!!!

 
Flag Post

FIX 2 from packs + min 50% from daily chance.
Do not decrease below the existing 244%. Do not make it random. And do it FAST. And start thinking about how to solve the problem of the other 9 useless currencies. Probably finally adding some really collectible content? Like gold buyable Nexus? Would not be much of a gamechanger…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:

2 shards (and only 2).

  • A new shard (would be occupation for this release)
  • Universal shard

With a new release, the new shard gets added to the universal shard count.

This scenario with quest item pool 3 = 50% chance of 1 New Shard from quest and 50% chance of 2 New Shards from Quest. Quest item pool 2 = 50% chance of 1 Old Shard from quest and 25% chance of 2 Old shards from quest. Daily chance, 50% chance of New Shard and 25% chance of Old Shard.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Moraku:
Originally posted by synapticon:
Originally posted by catepillar:
Originally posted by synapticon:
Originally posted by catepillar:

2 shards (and only 2).

  • A new shard (would be occupation for this release)
  • Universal shard

With a new release, the new shard gets added to the universal shard count.

This seems like an unnecessary extra step if we go universal

It prevents the need for a cap.

I don’t understand what the problem with a cap is unless you want to stockpile, which is what we’re trying to avoid. This seems still overly complicated.

Having two different types of shards prevents stockpiling those 20+ shards for next expansion (setting everyone on even ground). I see that as a good thing. It’s worth the complication, in my opinion.

Synapticon is saying a 20 shard limit will eliminate the need for this as it will be impossible to stockpile with the cap.

 
Flag Post

Furthermore, if you could allow us to trade in a universal shard for conquest tokens, that would ease up the annoyance we have with conquest. Just give us more options. Let the top factions have fun fighting it for survival on the conquest map. I dont care if they earn a whole lotta conquest tokens doing so. Just make it possible for the rest of us to get some too, which is why a conversion would work nicely.

 
Flag Post

+1

GREAT

but cap maybe to 30, you coul have 9 awakening, 9 terminus and 3 occupation (if you already spend the 10 for pack logged in since release), for a total of 21, when you log in then youll miss the daily chance shard. maybe 25 could be enough