Forums Tyrant

[Dev] Universal Shard proposal page 3

199 posts

Flag Post

synapticon is the funniest dev

Flag Post

+1 universal shard

Cap of 20 makes sense, if you have 20 or more shards you cant collect anymore until you craft a pack. Honestly, the part of the playerbase that wants to stock up on shards cause they like collecting things is very small ;) Or just make the cap 21 in case you get 2 shards when you have 19 :P

Flag Post

+10000000 :D

Flag Post

+1 to universal shard

Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:
Originally posted by TheGil:

-Add a cap of 20 on the total number of shards.

please please please, dont do it. you will ruined the whole fun i have left in tyrant :(
let me get 1k shards first then do what you want, but please dont cap them. ok? please?

But.. why ;_;

Capping is unnecessary. Frankly, you really need to try to agree entirely with the playerbase. They are the people who pay for your money sandwich :s

Flag Post

sounds good.

Flag Post

Love the idea entirely devs, I can’t fathom why people are complaining.

Flag Post

As long as I don’t keep getting a gateway node over awakening/terminus shards… +1 to universal. (would be a perk to keep the combined Percentage drops for the termi/awakening shards as universal shard from the 2nd quest drop though :D)

Flag Post

no need to cap and besides if they stock up its prob because they already have all the cards or would rather wait for a new pack, either way they get the same amount of cards.

Flag Post

Agree

Flag Post
Originally posted by nicolas95014:

no need to cap and besides if they stock up its prob because they already have all the cards or would rather wait for a new pack, either way they get the same amount of cards.

Wouldn’t waiting for a new pack by hoarding shards be a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ problem for the devs? More people have free shard= less $$$$$ made from that expansion by devs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JIRAIYA31:
Originally posted by nicolas95014:

Wouldn’t waiting for a new pack by hoarding shards be a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ problem for the devs? More people have free shard= less $$$$$ made from that expansion by devs.

Either way they lose money, unhappy customers do not like to spend money.

Flag Post
Originally posted by XRRRX7331:

please please please, dont do it. you will ruined the whole fun i have left in tyrant :(
let me get 1k shards first then do what you want, but please dont cap them. ok? please?

But.. why ;_;

Capping is unnecessary. Frankly, you really need to try to agree entirely with the playerbase. They are the people who pay for your money sandwich :s

YOU ARE NOT THE PLAYERBASE

Originally posted by Misterlol:

+1 universal shard

Cap of 20 makes sense, if you have 20 or more shards you cant collect anymore until you craft a pack. Honestly, the part of the playerbase that wants to stock up on shards cause they like collecting things is very small ;) Or just make the cap 21 in case you get 2 shards when you have 19 :P

Originally posted by WardTheWarden:

Yes please. Dear shard collector(s): Majority rules. Sorry bud. Spend those bad boys.

Originally posted by JohnM275:

So hold everyone else back cause you want 1K shards

Originally posted by catepillar:

So, nearly everyone sees that stockpiling is not a good thing when it comes to stockpiling to get new content on release. That should not take much convincing.

No one seems to have an issue with stockpiling old shards because that allows collecting old content.

So with a universal shard and a new shard, stockpiling becomes a non-issue, as stockpiling is more-or-less limited to old/current content, and not new content.

Originally posted by Bob_stew:

Yes please! =)
I think some people just “feel” like capping sounds negative somehow, or perhaps the only ones with a reason to speak up are the slightly insane hoarders who like round numbers.

Originally posted by BlackHole77777:

I love the proposal and agree with the cap..
I mean most of the time when I get ten I use them anyways
only question is will our current shard count be added and converted to universal shards?
or maybe implement universal shards while having the others and keeping the cap on 20 for universal shards and making universal shards convert into all other shard types but not reverse or am I over complicating things?

Flag Post

+1 for universal shards!

Flag Post

Yes please! =)
I think some people just “feel” like capping sounds negative somehow, or perhaps the only ones with a reason to speak up are the slightly insane hoarders who like round numbers.

Flag Post

nice!

big +

Flag Post

Universal shards: great.
Cap: 30 seems more realistic.

Flag Post

I love the proposal and agree with the cap..
I mean most of the time when I get ten I use them anyways
only question is will our current shard count be added and converted to universal shards?
or maybe implement universal shards while having the others and keeping the cap on 20 for universal shards and making universal shards convert into all other shard types but not reverse or am I over complicating things?

Flag Post

Everyone wants it, so here’s our proposal:

-Combine all shards into one “universal shard” that can be spent on all packs which currently have Shards.
-Add a cap of 20 on the total number of shards. This is to prevent players from hoarding shards for a new expansion and being able to buy all packs of a new set. (Note: this would NOT remove shards you have over this cap, nor would it prevent you from getting the bonus shards on an event release. All this cap would do is prevent you from getting new shards via Quests/Chance until you spend the ones you have.)
-Shard drop rate: about 75% from Daily Chance, 50% chance for 1 from Quests and a 50% chance for 2 from quests: about 2.25/day on average. This is just under 1 pack every 4 days.

The alternative is to stick with what we have now. What do you guys think?

Do it, its perfect and logical step. I like it how things a going on in the last updates,

Flag Post

Just keep in mind when you release this change (which is inevitable IMO) to not steal uni shards when converting the existing shards into uni shards. I mean converting 9 shards of each kind into 27 uni shards and not the cap of 20.

On topic: Not sure about the math but right now you can get more than 2 shards from daily chance (then of different types). So, to make it fair we should have either 50% of 2 or 3 uni shards or at least 33% chance of 1,2, or 3 uni shards respectively. Otherwise uni shards actually take free content away from us which does not sit well with me.

Flag Post

HAIL TO THE GREAT COMPROMISE…I feel sorry for that dude who collects shards though

Flag Post

To Synapticon:

So I’m all for the universal shard idea, but why do you feel the need to limit players from stockpiling? You allow people to BUY as many of these new packs as they want, why not let people who EARNED their shards to use them as much as they want? What’s so bad with having a few more people (non-WBers, mind you) get the new cards earlier. Wasn’t it the whole point of the shard system to get non-WBers access to WB cards in the first place?

It’s like saying that our monetary system in the U.S. is going to just use dollars, and you can convert all other money (aka quarters, dime nickels, $100s, etc.) into dollars, but you cannot earn more dollars if you end up with over $50 until you spend what you have…

You asked us why we should NOT have a cap, but I submit to you, why HAVE a cap in the first place?

(P.S. I feel like the devs limiting our use of free content so actively is a little like Big Brother in a certain novel we all know about)

Flag Post

This seems still overly complicated.

Let's talk about complicated. A Universal Shard would change the current system (System A) into a "less complicated" system (System B). What do these complicated and less-complicated systems look like?

System A (current system)

Each set is listed and the ways to get cards from the set. (I hope I can remember everything.)
  1. Standard--buy random card packs with Gold (three different choices of packs), buy random card packs with War Bonds (three different choices of packs), wait for your desired Uncommon or Rare card to be in the Vault and buy it with War Bonds; play in a Gold Sealed or Gold/Enclave sealed tournament and pay gold to keep your random cards; some cards are rewards on missions (right?), a few cards are in the Arena rewards, some cards are in Daily Crate (login each day for a chance to get one)
  2. The Enclave--buy random card packs with gold, buy random card packs with War Bonds, try to get lucky in the Vault, play in Enclave or Gold/Enclave tournaments and pay gold to keep the random cards; some cards from missions
  3. Nexus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  4. Blight--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  5. Purity--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  6. Reward--oh my god. I do not have enough space to explain this set. First, you have to do something that allegedly deserves a reward. It could be to defeat a mission or side mission or get enough Arena Points, Reputation points (20 different kinds), Raid points (16 flavors), or attain a specific level. Then you either get the reward for free, or you get the chance to pay a lot of gold for it. Some rewards are Limited Edition, which means that they have special artwork and if you were not playing at the time, you cannot get them. Once you have earned some reward cards, you can buy extra copies in a special vault using War Bonds. But you can't buy all reward cards, and you can't buy cards you didn't earn, including the Limited Edition cards. Or, ironically, if you earned the Limited Edition Halcyon the Corrupt, you cannot get the, uh, unlimited (?) edition of Halcyon the Corrupt. Yeah, this set is way more complicated than this overview, but you get the idea.
  7. Promotional--pay war bonds when they are first introduced and you get a discount; buy them any time at the regular war bond price in the vault
  8. Exclusive--if you don't have it, you can't get it
  9. Homeworld--oh man, this is a tough one. Pay 60,000 gold for a pack of random cards; pay war bonds for a random pack of cards; play in a tournament with a gold entry fee and pay 240,000 gold to keep the random cards; play in war bond tournament and pay war bonds to keep the random cards; some cards from missions get lucky in the Vault (wait, is that all? no shards and no conquest tokens. hmm, ok.)
  10. Phobos--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  11. Phobos Aftermath--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  12. Awakening--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions, collect 10 Awakening Shards from Daily Crate (login every day!) and from Quest (login every day and spend at least 125 energy for a small chance to get a shard!)
  13. Terminus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, some cards from missions, collect 10 Terminus Shards from Daily Crate (login every day!) and from Quest (login every day and spend at least 125 energy for a small chance to get a shard!)
  14. Occupation--buy random card packs with War Bonds but the packs only contain 1/3 of the entire set, collect 10 Occupation Shards from Daily Crate (login every day!) and from Quest (login every day and spend at least 125 energy for a good chance to get a shard or two!)

System B (Synapse proposal)

1. Standard--buy random card packs with Gold (three different choices of packs), buy random card packs with War Bonds (three different choices of packs), wait for your desired Uncommon or Rare card to be in the Vault and buy it with War Bonds; play in a Gold Sealed or Gold/Enclave sealed tournament and pay gold to keep your random cards; some cards are rewards on missions (right?), a few cards are in the Arena rewards, some cards are in Daily Crate (login each day for a chance to get one)
  2. The Enclave--buy random card packs with gold, buy random card packs with War Bonds, try to get luck in the Vault, play in Enclave or Gold/Enclave tournaments and pay gold to keep the random cards; some cards from missions
  3. Nexus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  4. Blight--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  5. Purity--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  6. Reward--oh my god. I do not have enough space to explain this set. First, you have to do something that allegedly deserves a reward. It could be defeat a mission or side mission or get enough Arena Points, Reputation points (20 different kinds), Raid points (16 flavors), or attain a specific level. Then you either get the reward for free, or you get the chance to pay a lot of gold for it. Some rewards are Limited Edition, which means that have special artwork and if you were not playing at the time, you cannot get them. Once you have earned some reward cards, you can buy extra copies in a special vault using War Bonds. But you can't buy all reward cards, and you can't buy cards you didn't earn, including the Limited Edition cards. Or, ironically, if you earned the Limited Edition Halcyon the Corrupt, you cannot get the, uh, unlimited (?) edition of Halcyon the Corrupt. Yeah, this set is way more complicated than this overview, but you get the idea.
  7. Promotional--pay war bonds when they are first introduced and you get a discount; buy them any time at the regular war bond price in the vault
  9. Homeworld--oh man, this is a tough one. Pay 60,000 gold for a pack of random cards; pay war bonds for a random pack of cards; play in a tournament with a gold entry fee and pay 240,000 gold to keep the random cards; play in war bond tournament and pay war bonds to keep the random cards; some cards from missions get lucky in the Vault (wait, is that all? no shards and no conquest tokens. hmm, ok.)
  10. Phobos--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  11. Phobos Aftermath--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  12. Awakening--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions, collect 10 Universal Shards from Daily Crate (login every day!) and from Quest (login every day and spend at least 125 energy for a chance to get a shard or two!)
  13. Terminus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, some cards from missions, collect 10 Universal Shards from Daily Crate (login every day!) and from Quest (login every day and spend at least 125 energy for a chance to get a shard or two!)
  14. Occupation--buy random card packs with War Bonds but the packs only contain 1/3 of the entire set, collect 10 Universal Shards from Daily Crate (login every day!) and from Quest (login every day and spend at least 125 energy for a small chance to get a shard or two!)

So much less complicated

As the two lists above clearly demonstrate, Universal shards would make it much less complicated to get cards/packs. Just for fun, let's look back in time at some of the old systems. (Just some: I'm not claiming that this list below is comprehensive.

System C

No shards, no conquest tokens, no reward vault, no tournaments. (We will have to speculate what the world would be like without some of these things for sets released after shards/tokens/tournaments.) Each set is listed and the ways to get cards from the set. (I hope I can remember everything.)
  1. Standard--buy random card packs with Gold (three different choices of packs), buy random card packs with War Bonds (three different choices of packs), wait for your desired Uncommon or Rare card to be in the Vault and buy it with War Bonds; some cards are rewards on missions (right?), a few cards are in the Arena rewards, some cards are in Daily Crate (login each day for a chance to get one)
  2. The Enclave--buy random card packs with gold, buy random card packs with War Bonds, try to get lucky in the Vault, some cards from missions
  3. Nexus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  4. Blight--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  5. Purity--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  6. Reward--oh my god. I do not have enough space to explain this set. First, you have to do something that allegedly deserves a reward. It could be to defeat a mission or side mission or get enough Arena Points, Reputation points (20 different kinds), Raid points (16 flavors), or attain a specific level. Then you either get the reward for free, or you get the chance to pay a lot of gold for it. Some rewards are Limited Edition, which means that they have special artwork and if you were not playing at the time, you cannot get them.
  9. Homeworld--Pay 60,000 gold for a pack of random cards; pay war bonds for a random pack of cards; some cards from missions get lucky in the Vault
  10. Phobos--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  11. Phobos Aftermath--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  12. Awakening--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  13. Terminus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, some cards from missions
  14. Occupation--buy random card packs with War Bonds but only 1/3 of the set is available right now

System D (the old days)

A long time ago, getting cards was pretty simple. Reward cards were rewards. Promotional cards were War Bond only (but very few were overpowered). Both Standard and The Enclave could be purchased with gold or War Bonds. What if we had a system that looked like that but still had cool new features (_features_ not currencies) like tournaments?
  1. Standard--buy packs with Gold or War Bonds; spend War Bonds in the Vault; mission rewards; tournaments for Gold (but probably not War Bonds, at least not very often); some Arena rewards; some Daily Crate
  2. The Enclave--buy packs with Gold or War Bonds; spend War Bonds in the Vault; mission rewards; tournaments for Gold (but probably not War Bonds, at least not very often)
  3. Nexus, Blight, Purity, Homeworld, Phobos, Phobos Aftermath, Awakening--buy packs with Gold or War Bonds; spend War Bonds in the Vault; mission rewards; tournaments for Gold or War Bonds
  4. Reward--Keep the current reward system even if it is a little complicated
  5. Promotional--at introduction pay discounted war bond price; buy them any time with war bonds in the vault
  6. Exclusive--if you don't have it, you can't get it
  7. Terminus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, some cards from missions; tournaments for War Bonds
  8. Occupation--buy random card packs with War Bonds but only 1/3 of the set is available right now

Once Occupation has been completely released, then make Terminus purchasable with gold, put Terminus cards in the Vault, and make Gold Terminus tournaments.

Of course, System B isn't really that complicated, right? I mean, you could easily explain that system to any new player that joined the game.

Edit: tl;dr?

Consider why this post is so long. I barely described the system for obtaining cards but the post is absurdly long. The problem isn't Universal shards--the problem is an overly complicated system for obtaining cards. We need to change everything, not just shards. System D is how things used to be.

Flag Post

im fine with it, but i say 50% chance to get 1, 50% chance to get 3 in quest…. just to make up for those times you would get 1 awakening or terminus shard and 2 occupation shards

Flag Post

Universal shards would make perfs a happy happy lad