Forums Tyrant

[Dev] Universal Shard proposal page 4

199 posts

Flag Post

Anyway ignoring HH’s irrelevant post, I would say that a stockpile is being prevented Shadow because then I can get all the OP cards straight away from the new pack and thus, I don’t need WBs to keep hitting those cards to get all good ones.

Simple sense man ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:
Originally posted by TheGil:

-Add a cap of 20 on the total number of shards.

please please please, dont do it. you will ruined the whole fun i have left in tyrant :(
let me get 1k shards first then do what you want, but please dont cap them. ok? please?

But.. why ;_;

Best dev response ever. +1 to devs for this, and also for the entire idea :D great idea guys, especially the cap.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:

This seems still overly complicated.

TL;DR

All your posts should be summarized this way Hunter.. no one wants to read that mighty text wall

Flag Post

sure why not i like the idea anyways.

Flag Post

seems a good idea

Everyone wants it, so here’s our proposal:

-Combine all shards into one “universal shard” that can be spent on all packs which currently have Shards.
-Add a cap of 20 on the total number of shards. This is to prevent players from hoarding shards for a new expansion and being able to buy all packs of a new set. (Note: this would NOT remove shards you have over this cap, nor would it prevent you from getting the bonus shards on an event release. All this cap would do is prevent you from getting new shards via Quests/Chance until you spend the ones you have.)

-Shard drop rate: about 75% from Daily Chance, 50% chance for 1 from Quests and a 50% chance for 2 from quests: about 2.25/day on average. This is just under 1 pack every 4 days.

The alternative is to stick with what we have now. What do you guys think?

Flag Post

YES PLZ

Flag Post

please make it alll just 1 shard so we can choose what pack we want to open

Flag Post

finally

Flag Post

Also, what will the universal shard look like? Cuz right now the shards are getting uglier and uglier Awakening > Terminus >Occupation

Flag Post
Originally posted by SeventhStory:

TL;DR

All your posts should be summarized this way Hunter.. no one wants to read that mighty text wall

That’s my point: debating Universal shards versus specific shards ignores the real issue. The real issue is that the current system can only be explained with a “mighty text wall”. We don’t need Universal shards—we need a new way of thinking about how players obtain packs and Synapse can still be profitable.

Synapse’s proposal is a waste of time.

Flag Post

Universal shards is better than no universal shards. However, I have no idea why hoarding shards would be a problem at all. What, 3-4 people each set will get to the same level of power as people who spend tons of WBs? And to do so, they have to go months without keeping up with the average player because they won’t be spending those shards on other packs.

So yay to universal shards, and meh to item cap.

Flag Post

TL;DR

That’s my point: debating Universal shards versus specific shards ignores the real issue. The real issue is that the current system can only be explained with a “mighty text wall”. We don’t need Universal shards—we need a new way of thinking about how players obtain packs and Synapse can still be profitable.

You, of all people finally figure that out?

Flag Post
Originally posted by sss1:
Originally posted by catepillar:
Originally posted by catepillar:

2 shards (and only 2).

• A new shard (would be occupation for this release)
  • Universal shard

With a new release, the new shard gets added to the universal shard count.

This seems like an unnecessary extra step if we go universal

It prevents the need for a cap.

I don’t understand what the problem with a cap is unless you want to stockpile, which is what we’re trying to avoid. This seems still overly complicated.

this would help to get more packs bought as well. because new shards can be either a) obtainable only for WB b) obtainable with low chance

no need to invent bicycle. check WOW. it’s live there for a very loooong time already. and everyone’s quite happy about it.

edit: no need to invent new shard with each update. there can be always be 2 defined ones. “new” and “old”.

TITCR

Flag Post

I would like Universal shards but i’d like a cap of 30 more

Flag Post

This idea is fine. 2.25 universal shards vs 2.41 total shards , but we can choose what we want most. Acceptable. If you can raise it to 2.5 shards (1 pack/ 4days) , that’ll be better.

Oh and a cap of 30 plz.

Flag Post
Originally posted by XRRRX7331:

TL;DR

I’ve been saying it for a long time. I could have made the post even longer by going through all of the individual changes: shards, conquest tokens, tournaments, reward vault, eliminating the Elite vault, introduction of Nexus and then announcing that they will never make it gold-purchasable (many players quit at that point).

Any type of shard is “overly complicated.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by XRRRX7331:

TL;DR

I’ve been saying it for a long time. I could have made the post even longer by going through all of the individual changes: shards, conquest tokens, tournaments, reward vault, eliminating the Elite vault, introduction of Nexus and then announcing that they will never make it gold-purchasable (many players quit at that point). Any type of shard is “overly complicated.”

More or less extremely. Crafting was confusing, and shards are even more arduous to fathom, and to obtain as of today.

Flag Post

+1.

Also can we please have some of the older packs Gold buyable? And give players a way to get Aftermath other than WB.

Flag Post

Do it already! Indifferent about cap yes or no, but if yes, it should be at least 25.

Greetz
Al

Flag Post

Universal shards sounds good to me. Adding caps is fair too

Flag Post

Great idea and appreciate the flexability devs. I wanted to quit this game awhile ago, but you are doing a great job of listening to the players. Notice I said players, not tools who think they own the forums even though they quit playing like 900 times for attention.

Flag Post

it would be great. even greater if the cap was 30! :D

Flag Post

Let's talk about complicated. A Universal Shard would change the current system (System A) into a "less complicated" system (System B). What do these complicated and less-complicated systems look like?

System A (current system)

Each set is listed and the ways to get cards from the set. (I hope I can remember everything.)
  1. Standard--buy random card packs with Gold (three different choices of packs), buy random card packs with War Bonds (three different choices of packs), wait for your desired Uncommon or Rare card to be in the Vault and buy it with War Bonds; play in a Gold Sealed or Gold/Enclave sealed tournament and pay gold to keep your random cards; some cards are rewards on missions (right?), a few cards are in the Arena rewards, some cards are in Daily Crate (login each day for a chance to get one)
  2. The Enclave--buy random card packs with gold, buy random card packs with War Bonds, try to get lucky in the Vault, play in Enclave or Gold/Enclave tournaments and pay gold to keep the random cards; some cards from missions
  3. Nexus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  4. Blight--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  5. Purity--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  6. Reward--oh my god. I do not have enough space to explain this set. First, you have to do something that allegedly deserves a reward. It could be to defeat a mission or side mission or get enough Arena Points, Reputation points (20 different kinds), Raid points (16 flavors), or attain a specific level. Then you either get the reward for free, or you get the chance to pay a lot of gold for it. Some rewards are Limited Edition, which means that they have special artwork and if you were not playing at the time, you cannot get them. Once you have earned some reward cards, you can buy extra copies in a special vault using War Bonds. But you can't buy all reward cards, and you can't buy cards you didn't earn, including the Limited Edition cards. Or, ironically, if you earned the Limited Edition Halcyon the Corrupt, you cannot get the, uh, unlimited (?) edition of Halcyon the Corrupt. Yeah, this set is way more complicated than this overview, but you get the idea.
  7. Promotional--pay war bonds when they are first introduced and you get a discount; buy them any time at the regular war bond price in the vault
  8. Exclusive--if you don't have it, you can't get it
  9. Homeworld--oh man, this is a tough one. Pay 60,000 gold for a pack of random cards; pay war bonds for a random pack of cards; play in a tournament with a gold entry fee and pay 240,000 gold to keep the random cards; play in war bond tournament and pay war bonds to keep the random cards; some cards from missions get lucky in the Vault (wait, is that all? no shards and no conquest tokens. hmm, ok.)
  10. Phobos--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  11. Phobos Aftermath--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  12. Awakening--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions, collect 10 Awakening Shards from Daily Crate (login every day!) and from Quest (login every day and spend at least 125 energy for a small chance to get a shard!)
  13. Terminus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, some cards from missions, collect 10 Terminus Shards from Daily Crate (login every day!) and from Quest (login every day and spend at least 125 energy for a small chance to get a shard!)
  14. Occupation--buy random card packs with War Bonds but the packs only contain 1/3 of the entire set, collect 10 Occupation Shards from Daily Crate (login every day!) and from Quest (login every day and spend at least 125 energy for a good chance to get a shard or two!)

System B (Synapse proposal)

1. Standard--buy random card packs with Gold (three different choices of packs), buy random card packs with War Bonds (three different choices of packs), wait for your desired Uncommon or Rare card to be in the Vault and buy it with War Bonds; play in a Gold Sealed or Gold/Enclave sealed tournament and pay gold to keep your random cards; some cards are rewards on missions (right?), a few cards are in the Arena rewards, some cards are in Daily Crate (login each day for a chance to get one)
  2. The Enclave--buy random card packs with gold, buy random card packs with War Bonds, try to get luck in the Vault, play in Enclave or Gold/Enclave tournaments and pay gold to keep the random cards; some cards from missions
  3. Nexus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  4. Blight--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  5. Purity--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  6. Reward--oh my god. I do not have enough space to explain this set. First, you have to do something that allegedly deserves a reward. It could be defeat a mission or side mission or get enough Arena Points, Reputation points (20 different kinds), Raid points (16 flavors), or attain a specific level. Then you either get the reward for free, or you get the chance to pay a lot of gold for it. Some rewards are Limited Edition, which means that have special artwork and if you were not playing at the time, you cannot get them. Once you have earned some reward cards, you can buy extra copies in a special vault using War Bonds. But you can't buy all reward cards, and you can't buy cards you didn't earn, including the Limited Edition cards. Or, ironically, if you earned the Limited Edition Halcyon the Corrupt, you cannot get the, uh, unlimited (?) edition of Halcyon the Corrupt. Yeah, this set is way more complicated than this overview, but you get the idea.
  7. Promotional--pay war bonds when they are first introduced and you get a discount; buy them any time at the regular war bond price in the vault
  9. Homeworld--oh man, this is a tough one. Pay 60,000 gold for a pack of random cards; pay war bonds for a random pack of cards; play in a tournament with a gold entry fee and pay 240,000 gold to keep the random cards; play in war bond tournament and pay war bonds to keep the random cards; some cards from missions get lucky in the Vault (wait, is that all? no shards and no conquest tokens. hmm, ok.)
  10. Phobos--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, collect Conquest Tokens if you are in a Faction that has Conquest tiles and if you have enough Loyalty Points and if you login every day to collect your tokens; some cards from missions
  11. Phobos Aftermath--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  12. Awakening--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions, collect 10 Universal Shards from Daily Crate (login every day!) and from Quest (login every day and spend at least 125 energy for a chance to get a shard or two!)
  13. Terminus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds to keep your cards in sealed tournaments, some cards from missions, collect 10 Universal Shards from Daily Crate (login every day!) and from Quest (login every day and spend at least 125 energy for a chance to get a shard or two!)
  14. Occupation--buy random card packs with War Bonds but the packs only contain 1/3 of the entire set, collect 10 Universal Shards from Daily Crate (login every day!) and from Quest (login every day and spend at least 125 energy for a small chance to get a shard or two!)

So much less complicated

As the two lists above clearly demonstrate, Universal shards would make it much less complicated to get cards/packs. Just for fun, let's look back in time at some of the old systems. (Just some: I'm not claiming that this list below is comprehensive.

System C

No shards, no conquest tokens, no reward vault, no tournaments. (We will have to speculate what the world would be like without some of these things for sets released after shards/tokens/tournaments.) Each set is listed and the ways to get cards from the set. (I hope I can remember everything.)
  1. Standard--buy random card packs with Gold (three different choices of packs), buy random card packs with War Bonds (three different choices of packs), wait for your desired Uncommon or Rare card to be in the Vault and buy it with War Bonds; some cards are rewards on missions (right?), a few cards are in the Arena rewards, some cards are in Daily Crate (login each day for a chance to get one)
  2. The Enclave--buy random card packs with gold, buy random card packs with War Bonds, try to get lucky in the Vault, some cards from missions
  3. Nexus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  4. Blight--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  5. Purity--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  6. Reward--oh my god. I do not have enough space to explain this set. First, you have to do something that allegedly deserves a reward. It could be to defeat a mission or side mission or get enough Arena Points, Reputation points (20 different kinds), Raid points (16 flavors), or attain a specific level. Then you either get the reward for free, or you get the chance to pay a lot of gold for it. Some rewards are Limited Edition, which means that they have special artwork and if you were not playing at the time, you cannot get them.
  9. Homeworld--Pay 60,000 gold for a pack of random cards; pay war bonds for a random pack of cards; some cards from missions get lucky in the Vault
  10. Phobos--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  11. Phobos Aftermath--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  12. Awakening--buy random card packs with War Bonds, pay war bonds in the Vault, some cards from missions
  13. Terminus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, some cards from missions
  14. Occupation--buy random card packs with War Bonds but only 1/3 of the set is available right now

System D (the old days)

A long time ago, getting cards was pretty simple. Reward cards were rewards. Promotional cards were War Bond only (but very few were overpowered). Both Standard and The Enclave could be purchased with gold or War Bonds. What if we had a system that looked like that but still had cool new features (_features_ not currencies) like tournaments?
  1. Standard--buy packs with Gold or War Bonds; spend War Bonds in the Vault; mission rewards; tournaments for Gold (but probably not War Bonds, at least not very often); some Arena rewards; some Daily Crate
  2. The Enclave--buy packs with Gold or War Bonds; spend War Bonds in the Vault; mission rewards; tournaments for Gold (but probably not War Bonds, at least not very often)
  3. Nexus, Blight, Purity, Homeworld, Phobos, Phobos Aftermath, Awakening--buy packs with Gold or War Bonds; spend War Bonds in the Vault; mission rewards; tournaments for Gold or War Bonds
  4. Reward--Keep the current reward system even if it is a little complicated
  5. Promotional--at introduction pay discounted war bond price; buy them any time with war bonds in the vault
  6. Exclusive--if you don't have it, you can't get it
  7. Terminus--buy random card packs with War Bonds, some cards from missions; tournaments for War Bonds
  8. Occupation--buy random card packs with War Bonds but only 1/3 of the set is available right now

Once Occupation has been completely released, then make Terminus purchasable with gold, put Terminus cards in the Vault, and make Gold Terminus tournaments.

Of course, System B isn't really that complicated, right? I mean, you could easily explain that system to any new player that joined the game.

Edit: tl;dr?

Consider why this post is so long. I barely described the system for obtaining cards but the post is absurdly long. The problem isn't Universal shards--the problem is an overly complicated system for obtaining cards. We need to change everything, not just shards. System D is how things used to be.
THE DEVS NEED TO READ THIS! But if they don't, then increase drop rate and cap please =D

Flag Post

sounds good!

Flag Post

I like how so many people want universal shards because they think they’ll get their packs more easily that way, but completely ignore the much lower drop rates implied by the change.

I’m absolutely sure they’ll all complain even more when they’ll realize it, and only for that reason I firmly believe you should avoid this change entirely.