Forums Tyrant

[Dev] Universal Shard proposal page 5

199 posts

Flag Post

tl;dr but +1 for universal shards

Flag Post

This is great but the cap should be at 30.

Flag Post

universal shard would be great but 20 is too few, 2shard (old and new) idea is also fine but with no cap, really anything is better than it is now and btw(i still think this expansion came too soon)

Flag Post

yes to universal shard, cap is understandable but would be nice it it’s raised to 30

Flag Post

First off, I think the universal shard idea is terrific. I will not argue drop rates of one versus the other since I am getting something for free, something I feel most people need to remember.

Second, as part of this change would it be possible to finally close the currency problem once and for all by simply putting a gold price on a universal shard? even at 10k gold per shard (100k per pack), it would make most things somewhat more accessible and eliminate the problems of useless component, useless gold, and endless griping about them.

Thank you for your consideration.

Flag Post

why dont we have 1 shard that is for every pack and get rid of the other shards

Flag Post
Originally posted by Storch:

First off, I think the universal shard idea is terrific. I will not argue drop rates of one versus the other since I am getting something for free, something I feel most people need to remember.

Second, as part of this change would it be possible to finally close the currency problem once and for all by simply putting a gold price on a universal shard? even at 10k gold per shard (100k per pack), it would make most things somewhat more accessible and eliminate the problems of useless component, useless gold, and endless griping about them.

Thank you for your consideration.

10k sounds good. maybe 8k on discount days XD

Flag Post
Originally posted by linkonsat:

why dont we have 1 shard that is for every pack and get rid of the other shards

Flag Post

Very much in favor of a Universal shard.

I would also prefer a two shard old/new system without a cap on the old shards… but realistically it probably will not impact me. Would definately rather have the Universal shard over the current system.

Flag Post

Yay the devs finally acknowledge people wanting universal shards.

+1 For Universal shard.

Flag Post

Universal shard is a win. Actually, everything you proposed is a win.

Thanks! Make it so…

Flag Post

Sounds good.

Flag Post

as the captain used to say..“Make it happen..!”

Flag Post

I like universal shards, but you’re slightly lowering the win rate on shards overall, because right now you can get 2 Occupation + 1 Awakening or Terminus shard in daily quest.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Slyeye89:

To Synapticon:

So I’m all for the universal shard idea, but why do you feel the need to limit players from stockpiling? You allow people to BUY as many of these new packs as they want, why not let people who EARNED their shards to use them as much as they want? What’s so bad with having a few more people (non-WBers, mind you) get the new cards earlier. Wasn’t it the whole point of the shard system to get non-WBers access to WB cards in the first place?

It’s like saying that our monetary system in the U.S. is going to just use dollars, and you can convert all other money (aka quarters, dime nickels, $100s, etc.) into dollars, but you cannot earn more dollars if you end up with over $50 until you spend what you have…

You asked us why we should NOT have a cap, but I submit to you, why HAVE a cap in the first place?

(P.S. I feel like the devs limiting our use of free content so actively is a little like Big Brother in a certain novel we all know about)

Sorry for quoting my own post, but it got blocked by a text wall :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:

2 shards (and only 2).

• A new shard (would be occupation for this release)
  • Universal shard

With a new release, the new shard gets added to the universal shard count.

+1. Best solution because a) shard cap will not be needed and b) Players would also craft older packs rather than only the newest pack everytime.

Flag Post

Yes to universal shard, in whatever form you decide.
What we have is not bad though, but you are suggesting a slight improvement.

Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:

Everyone wants it, so here’s our proposal:

-Combine all shards into one “universal shard” that can be spent on all packs which currently have Shards.
-Add a cap of 20 on the total number of shards. This is to prevent players from hoarding shards for a new expansion and being able to buy all packs of a new set. (Note: this would NOT remove shards you have over this cap, nor would it prevent you from getting the bonus shards on an event release. All this cap would do is prevent you from getting new shards via Quests/Chance until you spend the ones you have.)
-Shard drop rate: about 75% from Daily Chance, 50% chance for 1 from Quests and a 50% chance for 2 from quests: about 2.25/day on average. This is just under 1 pack every 4 days.

The alternative is to stick with what we have now. What do you guys think?

^^ amazing! First of all, i’m sure everyone is grateful for free packs, the shard system as much as people complain isn’t horrible it’s just needed to be fixed since the 3rd shard. This is a must to be put into the game as not only does it fix the multi shard currency but it lowers possible shards per week by cutting out the 16% chance of a older shard with our 2 new ones meaning more possible WBing too, which all in all means a win/win for everyone mkaing everyone happy. Please make this happen synapticon. :)

Flag Post

+99999 to universal shard… but i just dont figure out why cap them =x

@OFFTOPIC: what happened to the craftable nexus packs? =x

adn the trade system for crap cards for shards?

Flag Post

Love the universal shard. I understand your point on making a cap, but 20 is too low. I suggest making it 25 or 35. Sometimes i prefer buying 2 or more packs at a time instead of crafting a pack as soon as it becomes available. Having the last digit in the cap be a 5 allows the players to obtain the amount needed for multiple packs without losing any shards for hitting the cap.

i.e. I have 19 shards and do the daily quest and obtain 1 shard because the cap was 20, when i should have recieved 3 shards, etc..

Flag Post

Two shards:
- Ancient Shard (any previous shards become this)
- Latest Shard (after new pack comes, it becomes the one above)
And no cap on either.

Flag Post

+1 to Universal Shard

Flag Post

Yes to universal shards for old sets and a separate shard for whatever the most recent set was. Not sure why you have to ask us about this one, its so obvious a solution that should have been done long ago.

Flag Post

I am also for universal shards, gives me a chance at all the old cards from Awakening and stuff i wanted to badly but never got the chance to get.

Flag Post

+ 1 to idea

Cap is a bit low, though.