Forums Tyrant

[Dev] Universal Shard proposal page 7

199 posts

Flag Post

Universal shards: good.

Cap: bad.

Reduced overall income rate: bad.

I get the impression that free players are seen as a relatively benign parasite might be. Resented, but tolerated.

Flag Post

I am a bit concerned with the drop rate which seems slightly lower than the current, aren’t we losing the ~40% chance of getting an older shard we have today? Apologies if this was already answered.

Otherwise, nothing wrong with more power of choice, and also a good idea on how to avoid stockpiling, so I support the whole thing.

Flag Post

I have no problem with a cap on shards and I HEART the universal shard idea.

Devs, please do not reduce the drop rate, thank you!

Flag Post

Yes for universal shard – more user friendly
Cap – maybe 30 shard max
drop rate – ok

Flag Post

If there is going to be 75% drop rate from daily crate for universal shard.. this should work great :

75% – Universal Shard
9% – 1 Warbond
1% – 5 Warbonds
7% – Gateway Node
2% – Energy Refill
6% – Gold Chest – 10,000 Gold

Flag Post

I´m good with this idea

Originally posted by Jessicalopez:

Yes for universal shard – more user friendly
Cap – maybe 30 shard max
drop rate – ok

Flag Post
Originally posted by louster:

Universal shards: good.

Cap: bad.

Reduced overall income rate: bad.

Flag Post

I really hope those that already have >20 shards wont get them removed (or at least a big warning on tyrant about it a few days before it, as everyone doesn’t check forums).

Thank you for listening!

Flag Post

Universal Shard Yes.

NO CAP!

I will buy pack with shard only when the full set is out, not from mini set, i use the mini only to refine the search of legendary i like, if i can have only 20 shard there is no point on the 3 mini-set division.

And, the universal shard are exactly to get what a player want, making a cap is simply stupid.

If the cap is a must i will say stick with the actual system.

Flag Post

Yes, but put the cap at 30, ok?

Or do the 2 shard thingie… the “current” and the “all other packs” one with equal % to get any of the two shards

Flag Post
Originally posted by thror13:

Yes, but put the cap at 30, ok?

+1

Flag Post

If you make a cap probably 30 or 40 would be better.

I’m thinking on the players who already will have enough copies of the cards they want by now… it’s improbable but not impossible.

I don’t know if there’s a way to prevent you from drawing more than 18 legends or uniques of the same card when opening packs. I mean, the cap is 18 decks (when fully upgraded), and although I don’t know anyone who is experimenting that situation either, using your shards to draw a card you couldn’t possibly use can be a problem in the future, when you’re almost completing a set.

Yeah maybe it’s already implemented and sounds way too improbable to be an issue right now, IDK. If so, disregard this post.

Flag Post

Universal Shards,

cap depending on how high of level.

Flag Post

Yes to Universal shards
If you really want to cap it I’d rather say make the limit to 30 if possible

Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:
Originally posted by catepillar:
Originally posted by synapticon:
Originally posted by catepillar:

2 shards (and only 2).

• A new shard (would be occupation for this release)
  • Universal shard

With a new release, the new shard gets added to the universal shard count.

This seems like an unnecessary extra step if we go universal

It prevents the need for a cap.

I don’t understand what the problem with a cap is unless you want to stockpile, which is what we’re trying to avoid. This seems still overly complicated.

It is understood that stockpile would cause imbalance in future expansion, but not everyone wants to exchange their new/occupation shards for this pack of limited cards…and the current suggestion is once the amount of new shard hit the amount of 20 player would not get anymore new shard from quest.

Since part of the problem is the reluctance to exchange the new shard for this pack far from completion, and it’s not fair to cut off player’s access to shard, I would like to suggest

• Let player to keep a fair amount, but not too much, of new shard like 30 or 40 of them, and;

• Instead of stop player of getting shard, automatically converts the extra shards to (OLD) universal shard as the new shard hit the cap, so that they have a choice to get awakening/terminus packs!

• FOR DEMOCRACY!

P.S. Please increase the rate of obtaining shard so that we can get an average of 1 awakening/terminus pack (from universal shard) and 1 occupation pack (new shard) every 5 days or so :D

Flag Post

the cap should be at least 30 but other than that +1

Flag Post

uni-shards YES PLS PLOX, but increase cap a bit, otherwise im happy.

Flag Post

+1

Universal shards is a great idea =)
    Not sure of what I think about the cap, might be a good thing for devs, stocking will lead to less wbing on new packs. A 31 shards cap would not seem really annoying.

Flag Post

I say hurry up and change it. But increase the Cap to 50 at least b/c 20 is way to low.

Flag Post

+1, please.

Flag Post

universal shard is a great idea, BUT
    the cap is bad imo, though i can somehow understand you want a cap.
    if you can not or are not willing to remove the cap, you should at least set it up a little, to 30 or 35. a maximum of 3 packs from a new set will not really hurt anyone.

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

+1 20-30 shards sounds good too. but atleast i know you need some cash i agree to 20. as long as you listen to the playerbase i can live with the 20 shards cap.

Flag Post

Excellent idea! but make the cap an uneven number: 21 , 23, max 25. Suppose you have 19 shards and you get 2 in a quest. Thats losing one with a 20 shards cap. Just an idea!

Flag Post
    Originally posted by sarpadian:

+1 20-30 shards sounds good too. but atleast i know you need some cash i agree to 20. as long as you listen to the playerbase i can live with the 20 shards cap.

I agree!