Forums Tyrant

[Dev] Universal Shard rate/cost poll page 12

334 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by FredrIQ:
Originally posted by ohnonooh:

Wow amazing, given two shitty choice, people will choose. On top of that, they will choose the worse off choice.

2 shard daily vs 2.25shard and almost everyone choose option 1. WOW

You mean 3.05 vs 2.25?
Sure, newest pack will cost more, but that’s fair IMO. if you’re only going for the newest, you lose a little (in practice reward is 2.01666… if you do this), and if you actually try to get just the older packs, there’s a huge gain.

Win and yes the 1 is better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Malutor:

Also it should be made that 2 newest packs are for 15 WBs and with each new pack, the last one is becoming 10 WBs too

I guess you mean 25 vs 20. 15 vs 10 would decrease their gain very much.

Flag Post

Wow amazing, given two shitty choice, people will choose. On top of that, they will choose the worse off choice.

You mean 3.05 vs 2.25?
Sure, newest pack will cost more, but that’s fair IMO. if you’re only going for the newest, you lose a little (in practice reward is 2.01666… if you do this), and if you actually try to get just the older packs, there’s a huge gain.

I am not saying if it is fair or not, my post is more about why does people look at the values from a numerical view and not a relevant view.

In other words, 2.25 shard daily vs 2 shard daily, clearly option 2 should be the superior alternative.

Let me give an example. Say I increase pack price to 30wb(i hate decimal :D). At the same time, I recognise old packs are old, and let you purchase blight for 20wb instead of 30wb. So now you are going to tell me wow with 60wb, I can buy 3 blight instead of 2 awakening. Blight it shall be? LMAO

Flag Post

Requires definition of new pack. Note: Does not necessarily mean newest pack. Under this description, new pack may mean anything that used to require shards.

If the trend of newest pack >> prior packs, then choice 2 is optimal.

If definition of new pack is only to newest pack and lack of power creep, then choice 1 is optimal.

Too many unknowns to resolve. My gut instincts say choice 2 is the safer choice because it is less susceptible to (1) ambiguity and (2) power-level variation between new packs.

Flag Post

Choice 1 is open for manipulation by Dev. And Dev will take it, just like what they did during HW. Gold pack. ROFL

Yes right now zarak and metalwork are not totally murdered by anything new(so it may seems awakening and terminus pack are still worthwhile), but that is because the percentage of players owning those cards are small(and they are synap biggest whale for metalwork case since that card isnt out yet)

But count on this, if option 1 is implemented, every single new pack will see powercreep that we have yet to experience before. And Dev are just going to justify that everyone, even the free players get a little dip into the packs that contain these OP cards. By then it is too late for regret for those option 1 players where they think they are lucky to have gotten a cheap deal(wow a whooping 33.333333333333333333333% discount :D)

PS: I want to stress again that we are already screwed by the mini expansion. Few days ago Pip ask me why is it bad to have mini expansion. I didn’t have an answer back then, but now I have. Because there is a freaking shard cap which indirectly means mini expansion are 3 different packs under the new system(be it option 1 or 2) Right now occupation shard can be used on wave 3 instead of wasting it on wave 1. This is no coincident that mini expansion and universal shard(with cap) is thrown out together.

Flag Post

You mean 3.05 vs 2.25?

I am not saying if it is fair or not, my post is more about why does people look at the values from a numerical view and not a relevant view.

In other words, 2.25 shard daily vs 2 shard daily, clearly option 2 should be the superior alternative.

Let me give an example. Say I increase pack price to 30wb(i hate decimal :D). At the same time, I recognise old packs are old, and let you purchase blight for 20wb instead of 30wb. So now you are going to tell me wow with 60wb, I can buy 3 blight instead of 2 awakening. Blight it shall be? LMAO

I guess the biggest problem here is the issue ratsamerol brought up.

I understood it as:

• newest pack (Occupation) cost 15 shards. Worth noting is that currently Occupation sucks compared to for example awakening
  • all the other packs cost 10 shards.

And then, once a new pack is released, Occupation will then cost 10 shards, and new pack cost 15. If this is the case, then I still vote 1, even if the new packs would contain actual power creep, as being 1 pack behind is always better than not have a decent share of any set at all.

Flag Post

The players clearly want option 1 over 2.

Close topic and get it done?

Flag Post

I know we are talking about unknown, but allow me to use tyrant history for reference.

People running hw pack and you are one pack behind is fine for you? Honestly during that time nothing but hw matters. Even one set behind is nowhere enough.

Flag Post

You can’t use that as a fair example because HW was such a huge step forward. In fact, I suspect you specifically chose that as an example in an attempt to prove your point.

WBers can use shards, too. In this scenario (option 2) they would be getting more new cards than if option 1 was in place. If free players can stock up on the best of the older set they have a fighting chance. If a WBer can get old cards on the cheap it doesn’t hurt the free player as much because the WBer would rather use new cards.

It’s also important for the devs to throw free players a few really strong reward cards in the way Kilgore, Niaq, Rashka, RavDr used to be.

Flag Post

Really? Well I am not very sure myself so I went to look thru it. Granted the 2 packs after hw is not as drastic, however what I say still hold. I used hw because that was the turning point when everything goes downward.

Syco was the top tier with release of phobos(bypass refresh, is that really a surprise?) Oh and fear has always been wber deck but seems recently Dev shift it towards structure.

Aftermath is not so spectacular with only SfC, but I can always pull the “its a 30card pack” excuse :P

You can always hope, but I am not sure if you already noticed it, metalwork and zarak both happen to be structures. It is very easy for Dev to turn Ace to sh!t.

PS: Kilgore was release after Dev “felt” wber has their advantage and presented kilgore as counter. Exactly what I describe above. Kill the top card and release a new pack with new wave of OP cards.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

cant you people do math, no wonder the devs think they can get away with shit

option 1; 15 per pack/3 per day= 5 days per pack
option 2; 10 per pack/2.25 per day= 4 days per pack

the cap doesn’t come into it because they both are equivalent to 2 packs

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by benthetick:

Not if you buy old packs. Then 1 is 10/3 = 3.333 days per pack. The math fail is yours.

Flag Post

Why do we have to choose?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aapje:
Originally posted by benthetick:

Not if you buy old packs. Then 1 is 10/3 = 3.333 days per pack. The math fail is yours.

not many people will choose to go for the old packs they’d rather go for new packs and keep up with the meta, just you watch

Flag Post

definitely 1

Flag Post

would you pls not choose to set a maximum cap for shards? thanx

Flag Post

@ benthetick:

A lot of player currently would prefer getting a Terminus pack over an Occupation pack of the first release.

Flag Post

i know this isnt the right thread, but when is the next event?

Flag Post

Flag Post

1 seems the better choice just because Awakening and Terminus is better than Occupation right now but in the future (perhaps even the near future) when those cards are no longer in the meta everyone will cry. my heart says 1 but my mind says 2.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ryeeee:

1 seems the better choice just because Awakening and Terminus is better than Occupation right now but in the future (perhaps even the near future) when those cards are no longer in the meta everyone will cry. my heart says 1 but my mind says 2.

But in the future Occupation will be 10 shards and some other new expansion will be 15.

1 !!