Forums Tyrant

[LDV] Universal Nuclear holocaust/snow cone POLL page 2

44 posts

Flag Post

This all hinges on the underlying etiology of our collective unhappiness. The impulse is naturally to eat snow cones to immediately gratify our material desires. But are we doing it to fill the void of existential angst? By choosing snow cones, we are merely treating the symptoms of our despair.

However, the cathartic experience that is a nuclear holocaust may be exactly what humanity requires to refocus its priorities by aligning the interests of all humans for one cause: survival.

So the safe choice would be nuclear holocaust because it gets to the source of our collective unhappiness, but I understand the urge to go for snow cones.

 
Flag Post

Value darwinism Yoda does and follow survival of the fittest the force tells us to follow. Spur on beneficial and rapid evolution this nuclear holocaust will. Also good snow cones= very sugary= diabetes= unhealthy people. Thus, leading to Yoda’s choice of NUKES.

 
Flag Post

3) Pancakes

Because a motorcycle has no doors.

Text wall.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by retsamerol:

This all hinges on the underlying etiology of our collective unhappiness. The impulse is naturally to eat snow cones to immediately gratify our material desires. But are we doing it to fill the void of existential angst? By choosing snow cones, we are merely treating the symptoms of our despair.

However, the cathartic experience that is a nuclear holocaust may be exactly what humanity requires to refocus its priorities by aligning the interests of all humans for one cause: survival.

So the safe choice would be nuclear holocaust because it gets to the source of our collective unhappiness, but I understand the urge to go for snow cones.

It depends on how one eats the snow cone. If one eats the snow cone immediately than its consumption is indeed an impulse from an instinctive desire for immediate happiness and pleasure. But if one licks the snow cone only once a day and preserves it in one’s refrigerator, that type of consumption is hardly impulsive. Though one still loves the snow cone in the latter scenario, the impulsive shove-it-down-your-throat love is redirected into a more thoughtful and planned type of love. And though such planned type of love does not incite the direct happiness that results from the impulsive love, it prevents unhappiness. But if the immediate consumption of snow cones is banned among the people, dissatisfaction and unhappiness may arise depending on the percentage who favor immediate consumption over a prolonged consumption.

On the other hand, there is no such thing as prolonged nuclear warfare in a nuclear holocaust. A nuclear holocaust is almost instantaneous and though it provides an immediate and immense satisfaction for one’s instinctive aggression against other humans, it also jeopardizes one’s own existence. If one is able to survive a Nuclear holocaust then the holocaust is the clear better choice since happiness is better than the lack of unhappiness.

But despite the extensive information given in the OP, the variables are still too many. For one choice to be deduced better than the other would require a little more information. However, seeing that this is a poll, I ought to vote for snow cones because any happiness is short lived while the lack of unhappiness, though not as gratifying as happiness, is enduring.

 
Flag Post

Irrelevant happiness is. A case for survival of the human race both supersedes and is a perquisite to individual happiness. Side with darwinism you must despite the lack of happiness from those who die as those who survive will reproduce and provide the best genes to create a super-human race in the post-apocalyptic world.

Thus hope the Mayans were right Yoda does. END OF THE WORLD 2012 (by nukes) :P

PS: Having diabetes caused by snow cones would negate the prolonged or short term happiness created by the snow cones

 
Flag Post

Some men just want to watch the world eat snow cones…

 
Flag Post

Some men just want watch humanity survive…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:

3) Pancakes

Because a motorcycle has no doors.

Text wall.

tl;dr :D

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Moonfrost:
Originally posted by CrappyNick:

2) Nuclear Holocaust

Anything that forces me to quit this game has got to be the best option.

I like this solution!
+1 to holocaust!

How about non-nuclear option…post apocalyptic with no electricity, so you get to stay alive but still have the inability to use without any power.You might be able to get some snow cones with this option, although snow cones may cease to exist without power D:

 
Flag Post

Humanity wont be forced to evolve though to the intense amounts of radiation and lack of sustenance or pure water. As a result we dont get Hulks and Supermen that would protect us and increase the happiness of the future human race and also more importantly, increase the survivability of humans.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ladolcevita:
Originally posted by hunterhogan:

3) Pancakes

Because a motorcycle has no doors.

Text wall.

tl;dr :D

:D

 
Flag Post

I just came to post here.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Asklar:

I just came to post here.

veni vidi posti

 
Flag Post

I started to wonder whether this topic has a hidden meaning about conquest. Snow cones might refer to the top 20-ish staying on the conquest map and maybe the extension of it, while the second might have the reference to reset the whole map.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Mosfet:

I started to wonder whether this topic has a hidden meaning about conquest. Snow cones might refer to the top 20-ish staying on the conquest map and maybe the extension of it, while the second might have the reference to reset the whole map.

Well then, that was smart.

 
Flag Post

2 and after that 1

 
Flag Post

2)Nuclear ****ing Holocaust.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:

3) Pancakes

Because a motorcycle has no doors.

Text wall.

The Church of Orbo supports pancakes.

 
Flag Post

Nuclear Holocaust will probably include Snow Cones for everyone still remaining, so I guess it’s an obvious choice.