Forums Tyrant

[Guide for Devs] Tyrant Monetization page 2

43 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by 00craigs:

2-4 would be a slap in the face and a d*** in the a** to all those who have spent $$$ already.

Just a little. But if they knew that moving forward, this is how it would be, I don’t forsee too many complaints. It’s not like its cheap gold wise to get the cards they spent bonds on. Even with HW at 60k, tons of people used bonds.

Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:

2-4 would be a slap in the face and a d*** in the a** to all those who have spent $$$ already.

Just a little. But if they knew that moving forward, this is how it would be, I don’t forsee too many complaints. It’s not like its cheap gold wise to get the cards they spent bonds on. Even with HW at 60k, tons of people used bonds.

catepillar is correct. The “slap in the face” argument is completely false. Most people that had 5 Utopia Beacons purchased some of them from the Vault. The same goes for Dracorex and Earthquake Generator.

Nearly every good idea in this thread can be reduced to one simple concept: War Bonds should only accelerate a player’s ability to aquire awards, power, achievements or anything else, but War Bonds should never allow a significantly less-skilled player to defeat a more-skilled player in PvP.

I also like the ideas that allow players to use War Bonds for vanity—those are brilliant. Seriously, the revenue potential there is massive. (For those who played Magic, think about how people were/are willing to pay more for black border cards or foreign language cards or signed cards.)

Flag Post

The point here is that WB should be able to give people a temporary advantage not make them unbeatable. This would start to make it so free players have more to play with. If the gold prices are high then people will still WB to get an advantage. Look at HW for example; UBs we bought a lot with WB despite the pack being Gold.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:

catepillar is correct. The “slap in the face” argument is completely false. Most people that had 5 Utopia Beacons purchased some of them from the Vault. The same goes for Dracorex and Earthquake Generator.

Nearly every good idea in this thread can be reduced to one simple concept: War Bonds should only accelerate a player’s ability to aquire awards, power, achievements or anything else, but War Bonds should never allow a significantly less-skilled player to defeat a more-skilled player in PvP.

I also like the ideas that allow players to use War Bonds for vanity—those are brilliant. Seriously, the revenue potential there is massive. (For those who played Magic, think about how people were/are willing to pay more for black border cards or foreign language cards or signed cards.)

+1

Flag Post

What the hell is the point of this if you’re all going to bitch as soon as anything new involving money gets released?

Flag Post
Originally posted by bob303:

What the hell is the point of this if you’re all going to bitch as soon as anything new involving money gets released?

The point is that NOTHING should be released that impacts the game play that isn’t somehow available for gold…

Flag Post

1) If a player has >95% of cards in a given set they should be given the chance to purchase a single copy of each missing card (to account for spamming). To get this right an initial fee of 75WBs should be paid and the cards should cost 25WB rare, 150WB legendary. This would be an immediate increase and long term source of income for the devs

2) LE art is not my idea but is a good one. These cards should not be counted in a players total count (I guess it doesn’t matter if it is). However, players could pay 15WB to unlock a limited edition art for a given card (should be mostly reward cards and things everyone has access too). You can purchase the skins and select the one you want for your card in a new tab called the laboratory.

3) Add a WB option to decrease your wait time to start raids. I understand why the timer is there, but it is such a minor advantage to do the same raid over and over again that I don’t think many players would mind this.

Flag Post

+1 Essentially, WB should be for vanity. It really puts me off that WB is required for the players that want to participate in pvp like standard/faction wars/etc and do well..

Flag Post

I paid for cards because at the time there was no other way to get them. Had I known that they would one day be free to get I would not have paid for them. Given the past/current changes to the currency system, how can a player know for certain that “this is how it would be”?

Its an okay idea but there is still the devs concern that someone or some program can grind massive amounts of currency and get a large amount of a current expansion immediately.

Flag Post

I paid for cards because at the time there was no other way to get them. Had I known that they would one day be free to get I would not have paid for them. Given the past/current changes to the currency system, how can a player know for certain that “this is how it would be”?

Its an okay idea but there is still the devs concern that someone or some program can grind massive amounts of currency and get a large amount of a current expansion immediately.

Stock piling only makes a player relevant for one release cycle. If the devs continue the rapid-release cycle they have planned, I don’t see it being a huge issue. Also, if the devs are insistant on keeping shards around, then they could just have a single shard, which on a new release can be turned into gold at the rate of 1 shard = 1/10 the cost of that pack at the time you are converting it. Hoarding this way can still be done for the sake of hoarding, but not for any real benefit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ArutsuruKun:

Pay 10 WB to transform a normal card into a SHINY CARD!! O:
This way we could get shiny reward cards :D

Yes, this is the only one that’s really worth it.

I’d make my Fighter Jet awesome again.

Flag Post

Stock piling only makes a player relevant for one release cycle. If the devs continue the rapid-release cycle they have planned, I don’t see it being a huge issue. Also, if the devs are insistant on keeping shards around, then they could just have a single shard, which on a new release can be turned into gold at the rate of 1 shard = 1/10 the cost of that pack at the time you are converting it. Hoarding this way can still be done for the sake of hoarding, but not for any real benefit.

Removing the cap on universal shards would achieve the same result.

Flag Post

So you believe when you invest your money into pixel-asset, they should not depreciate? Would you have paid for GS if you known syco would be release? o.O The thing is Dev still went ahead with releasing syco right

Flag Post
Originally posted by Asklar:
Originally posted by ArutsuruKun:

Pay 10 WB to transform a normal card into a SHINY CARD!! O:
This way we could get shiny reward cards :D

Yes, this is the only one that’s really worth it.

I’d make my Fighter Jet awesome again.

I remember this quote contest they made in epic war saga where devs gave crystals to the winners…

Originally posted by Golden119:

Personalised commander crafting! You submit a picture (eg yourself smoking a big fat cigar) and a commander card (eg Freddie) and pay 50 WBs. Synap adds a mushroom cloud / Tiamat in the background or something, and gives you a unique copy of the Freddie card stats-wise, but with your pic in his place. Maybe you even get to name it.

Maybe, just maybe, they could make an art contest. Like, post your awesome, ORIGINAL illustration of X card (size and format rules, judgement rules, something serious); then, if people think is cool and Devs think it’s cool, you’ll see it published and get 50 WB, plus one normal and one shiny copy of the card you just designed. People that feel attracted to shiny will buy shiny and people attracted to normal but different could buy their own revamped card too.

I was thinking on the quad walker thread, people were laughing at devs just being outside the copyright infringement notice horizon, or something like that; this could kill two birds with one stone, providing original art for the game (top quality) and helping talented members of the community.

Originally posted by skolu:
Originally posted by Golden119:

BUFF PROMO CARDS. People will want them ($$$) and people who already have them (Warbonders) will be happy spenders!

Credo Master

5/8/2
Summon Credo Defender v2
Armored 3
Anti Air 3

Credo Defender v2
2/8/1

Supply 2
Protect 2
Intercept

Grim Specter
4/8/2

Fear
Evade
Refresh

And as an extra incentive, cards with the most quantity of good art and voted for it would be discussed for buffing, if possible. Most of them would be free cards as those would be voted and redesigned the most, but now and then a card with awesome potential or bought earlier in packs of ten (like colossus) would be out with new stats, cooler art and changing meta.

F2Ps Won’t complain to see a WB card buffed once in a while, as long as their cards get some adjustments too. In fact anything that is aimed towards making promos flavorful enough, or interesting mechanics wise is best for the game overall; not just for spenders.

Just remember to put the winners with promo prices for two weeks or something.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ohnonooh:

So you believe when you invest your money into pixel-asset, they should not depreciate? Would you have paid for GS if you known syco would be release? o.O The thing is Dev still went ahead with releasing syco right

It wasn’t an investment. I paid for content that was only obtainable by paying for it, and I had no way of knowing that it would one day be free. Yes, devs released sycophant which can now be obtained for free but GS is still only obtainable by WB.

Flag Post

It wasn’t an investment. I paid for content that was only obtainable by paying for it, and I had no way of knowing that it would one day be free. Yes, devs released sycophant which can now be obtained for free but GS is still only obtainable by WB.

But to build a decent GS deck (which takes at least 4 GS), would cost 400K gold by my suggestion. That’s 14 days of straight grinding for card that sees minimal use. Honestly, the only promos I use are credo masters and that’s because they do really well PvE. I spend approximately $100 per month on this game and have NO issues with the free-to-play players having access to everything I do. But I expect that $100 to give me convenience and speed in collecting cards. That is no longer the case in the game today. I gave some ideas. If people would rather keep the status quo, then there isn’t much I can do. That said, I proposed some rather extreme steps. The devs will never take any of them, because they are Synapitcon and to do otherwise might just break them.

Flag Post

Yes thanx for correcting me. This isnt an investment ^ _ ^

What you paid for is consumption of a product by synapticon, not purchase of an asset.

Since you already acknowledge that this isn’t an investment and you actually do not own anything but rather, is consuming the product, why are you actually upset that the product you have consume would be free in the far future(ok, if you are unlucky, near future :P)

It is akin to someone being angry that apple is giving out free ipod 1 for purchases of their latest ipod under a collection namesake. I mean it is so common to see game package giving out previous series for free as a bundle, or tv showing transformer 2 when transformer 3 is about to go on screen and the list goes on.

No, argument like “I had no way of knowing that it would one day be free” doesn’t count because not only you, everyone else also doesn’t know if it will happen or not.

The point is you have chosen to consume the product when it was release.

Flag Post

Yes thanx for correcting me. This isnt an investment ^ _ ^

What you paid for is consumption of a product by synapticon, not purchase of an asset.

Since you already acknowledge that this isn’t an investment and you actually do not own anything but rather, is consuming the product, why are you actually upset that the product you have consume would be free in the far future(ok, if you are unlucky, near future :P)

It is akin to someone being angry that apple is giving out free ipod 1 for purchases of their latest ipod under a collection namesake. I mean it is so common to see game package giving out previous series for free as a bundle, or tv showing transformer 2 when transformer 3 is about to go on screen and the list goes on.

No, argument like “I had no way of knowing that it would one day be free” doesn’t count because not only you, everyone else also doesn’t know if it will happen or not.

The point is you have chosen to consume the product when it was release.

I thought the content I bought would remain pay only and thus give me a slight advantage. It was the advantage I was paying for not the content. Well its free to get now so whats done is done.