Forums Tyrant

For FUN: HH's list of the best common cards page 2

74 posts

Flag Post

This could also be mentioned.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

Yes, Bolster Auto is a great card, probably better or equal to Elite Diver.

>

Wow. That side-by-side comparison is pretty striking, actually. I’m convinced that Bolster Auto should be on the list, now I have to figure out what to bump, which will not be easy!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

Sawblade > Impulse Walker imo

I have a lot of respect for your opinions, so I am going to try to view this with fresh eyes.

Hmm. Before I loaded the images, I was sure that I would think Impulse Walker was obviously better, but now that I am looking at them again, I’m quite unsure.

• Sawblade’s Pierce 2 is very nice especially because he has Attack 2, so Dracorex doesn’t negate him
  • Impulse Walker’s Attack 1 is vulnerable to being Dracorexed
  • On the other hand, Wait-zero, especially combined with AntiAir and especially combined with Rally (Raider has good Rally options) makes Impulse Walker an excellent surprise card and can completely switch the initiative in a battle
  • Is Health 3 better than Health 2 and Armored 1? Probably, especially since Imperial is more likely to have Heal and Supply

Yikes, I don’t know what I think anymore.

Ok, the reason I ultimately removed Sawblade and not Impulse Walker is because as recently as a few months ago, Impulse Walker was a serious card in PvP. As far as I know, Sawblade hasn’t been a PvP card for a long time.

I’m going to put Sawblade back on the maybe-list.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OMGWTFFFS:

You forgot partizan. Hands down the best common of all.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/313988-for-fun-hhs-list-of-the-best-common-cards?page=1#posts-6624978

Flag Post
Originally posted by Behemoth542:

This could also be mentioned.

Yeah, I love this card. I’ve used it PvP, but Dracorex shuts it down and Xeno does not have the Rally support of Bloodthirsty and Raider. It was on my list until almost the very end, but Attack 1 eventually killed it. Compare to

Weaken can’t hurt it, but it doesn’t have Disease or any other useful skill, so it didn’t make the list either.

I still love Blitz Precursor, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:

I have a lot of respect for your opinions, so I am going to try to view this with fresh eyes.

Hmm. Before I loaded the images, I was sure that I would think Impulse Walker was obviously better, but now that I am looking at them again, I’m quite unsure.

• Sawblade’s Pierce 2 is very nice especially because he has Attack 2, so Dracorex doesn’t negate him
  • On the other hand, Wait-zero, especially combined with AntiAir and especially combined with Rally (Raider has good Rally options) makes Impulse Walker an excellent surprise card and can completely switch the initiative in a battle
  • Is Health 3 better than Health 2 and Armored 1? Probably, especially since Imperial is more likely to have Heal and Supply

Ok, the reason I ultimately removed Sawblade and not Impulse Walker is because as recently as a few months ago, Impulse Walker was a serious card in PvP. As far as I know, Sawblade hasn’t been a PvP card for a long time.

Impulse walker actually saw some use when Svetlaces decks started hitting standards, I dont think a Sawblade was ever used at that high-tier play :) The 0-drop anti-air is really great.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Misterlol:

Impulse walker actually saw some use when Svetlaces decks started hitting standards, I dont think a Sawblade was ever used at that high-tier play :) The 0-drop anti-air is really great.

A very long time ago, Sawblade(10) was a decent Arena deck.

Flag Post

The Bullet

Flag Post
Originally posted by LauraxRawR:

The Bullet

Along with half the occ commons, possibly the best commons/worst rares in there (once power creep is taken into account), but this is unrelated so I vote for this guy.

TT

Flag Post
Originally posted by TTekkers:
Originally posted by LauraxRawR:

The Bullet

Along with half the occ commons, possibly the best commons/worst rares in there (once power creep is taken into account), but this is unrelated so I vote for this guy.

TT

Virus Pumper is on the list, but I don’t understand The Bullet. It just seems so slow. Why do you think it is top 10?

Flag Post

Hehe…“The Bullet” is too slow. :P

Flag Post

Added Bolster Auto, removed Boot Camp

Flag Post

I don’t exactly agree with inferiority of Blitz Precursor
You’re saying it gets negated by Dracorex (and armor and protect for that matter)

However, it seems you’re also taking into account pack specific usefulness (tournaments) which is exactly what makes me to question inferiority of Blitz Precursor: It’s a game changer in Homeworld tournaments where weaken all 1 or weaken overall isn’t commonly seen, which should give Blitz Precursor a chance to land more than a one shot

In PvP, it’s practically useless due too low attack (like you stated) but it still holds its value at certain grounds, hence I’m asking you to consider taking Blitz Precursor into your list of the most useful common cards, hunter

Flag Post

No Hydraulis, really?

He tears Standard/Enclave sealed, and I remember it being a nice solution for def decks for noobs (Mimic is quite nasty, and when you lose, you won’t give away lot of points because of low HP).

Flag Post

Weakest one there is probably Transmitter.

Consider Speculus, which is still useful during quests.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

I don’t exactly agree with inferiority of Blitz Precursor
You’re saying it gets negated by Dracorex (and armor and protect for that matter)

However, it seems you’re also taking into account pack specific usefulness (tournaments) which is exactly what makes me to question inferiority of Blitz Precursor: It’s a game changer in Homeworld tournaments where weaken all 1 or weaken overall isn’t commonly seen, which should give Blitz Precursor a chance to land more than a one shot

In PvP, it’s practically useless due too low attack (like you stated) but it still holds its value at certain grounds, hence I’m asking you to consider taking Blitz Precursor into your list of the most useful common cards, hunter

I’m actually hoping to find 11 cards that are useful in more than one environment (sealed, PvP, and PvE). Blitz Precursor is stronger than many rares in Homeworld Sealed, and six months ago, I had a mid-level quality faction war deck with it, but I just don’t see it being useful in PvP or PvE anymore. Which is a shame because I love the card. If Xeno suddenly gets the type Rally support found in Raider and Bloodthirsty, then this card could suddenly be popular.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moonfrost:

No Hydraulis, really?

He tears Standard/Enclave sealed, and I remember it being a nice solution for def decks for noobs (Mimic is quite nasty, and when you lose, you won’t give away lot of points because of low HP).

I’m arbitrarily picking only one Commander (because the Fansite deck building interface won’t let me pick two.)

Flag Post

Weakest one there is probably Transmitter.

Consider Speculus, which is still useful during quests.

Yeah, Transmitter might be the weakest. It is almost a great card, but Health 2 (even with Flying) makes it so fragile. I wonder what Transmitter Spam would look like.

I am going to reconsider Speculus because of quests and because it is probably an overlooked card in many missions. And, of course, in The Enclave tournaments it is sweet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:

Too many of the early missions can be destroyed with Sawblade spam, so Impulse Walker is out.

Flag Post

Scope Cannon looks cool, but I haven’t seen it used, and Speculus is certainly used in Quests, Conquests, and Sealed.

Flag Post

I can’t help but think that this guy should be on the list:

Flag Post
Originally posted by masterluke:

I can’t help but think that this guy should be on the list:

Yeah, I was looking through the commons again, and I paused on this one for a relatively long time. My major problem is that I still don’t know how to value Emulate. It’s also slower than Thunderer and I’m not impressed with Thunderer. Still, I am considering it again.

Flag Post

How can everyone missed this beast?

Witch Nail – Occupation Pack 1

Will be one of the most used common card in Occupation tournaments.

Flag Post

…please, condense your posts…

And the amount of powercreep on display here is great. There was a time when Sawblade was a good card.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eonian:

condense your posts…

Hunterhogan, aka. “Mister Wall Text”, I think he deserves a card with that “skill” :D