Forums Tyrant

For FUN: HH's list of the best common cards page 3

74 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:
Originally posted by Eonian:

condense your posts…

Hunterhogan, aka. “Mister Wall Text”, I think he deserves a card with that “skill” :D

He needs a card that has extra size added to it vertically so a wall of text can be written on the card itself.

Also, about Witch Nail, it’s an amazing card for a common… when it activates. A lot of common cards can beat it hands down and even more can with some luck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by masterluke:

condense your posts…

Hunterhogan, aka. “Mister Wall Text”, I think he deserves a card with that “skill” :D

He needs a card that’s has extra size added to it vertically so a wall of text can be written on the card itself.

YES! Like Magic the Gathering cards, with that bullshit of “story/description” who nobody reads.

^Made by HH.

Flag Post

Get Mad of Webness and u will b able to defend small sycos and even trolll every WB deck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pacachomp:

Where the heck is Sulfuris Sentry? That is by far and away the best common card in the game. Otherwise, good list.

Agree!

Flag Post

partisan is the best 0 turn as it can kill or draw vs any other 0 turn card

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aquatar:

Get Mad of Webness and u will b able to defend small sycos and even trolll every WB deck.

+1.

I have been surging with this card with success for a couple of months now in my metal works deck. It is a highly useful wall. Can’t believe it’s a common, probably why it’s been overlooked.

Flag Post

condense your posts…

He needs a card that’s has extra size added to it vertically so a wall of text can be written on the card itself.

YES! Like Magic the Gathering cards, with that bullshit of “story/description” who nobody reads.

^Made by HH.

I didn’t usually read the story text on the cards, just like I have no idea what the story line of Tyrant is, but I always thought this card was especially interesting.

Added Web of Madness to possible list. Witch Nail will probably be good in Sealed, but I doubt much else.

Flag Post

What about bazooka marine?

Flag Post
Originally posted by stormcommando:

What about bazooka marine?

General use card, not because is good in gold/enclave tourneys.

>

Flag Post

Bump for this guy:

Flag Post

Bump for this guy:

No.

Flag Post

Bump for this guy:

No.

NO

Flag Post
Originally posted by BoxerStains:

Bump for this guy:

No.

NO

It’s another almost good card, to me. In general, Wait 2, Attack 3, Health 3 cards are all bad. One of the best is Stealthy Niaq, and he is used so little today that I think he will be on Dancing with the Stars next season.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:

I can’t help but think that this guy should be on the list:

Yeah, I was looking through the commons again, and I paused on this one for a relatively long time. My major problem is that I still don’t know how to value Emulate. It’s also slower than Thunderer and I’m not impressed with Thunderer. Still, I am considering it again.

If there were a spot for Wight on the list, it got taken by Gene Reader.

Originally posted by Varamond:
Originally posted by Aquatar:

+1.

I have been surging with this card with success for a couple of months now in my metal works deck. It is a highly useful wall. Can’t believe it’s a common, probably why it’s been overlooked.

I want to include this because I like, and use, Energy Spiker, but I can’t see what to remove. Sawblade, Kyxlite, Shrine of Hope? I’m also trying to consider all levels of players, which can be hard to do because being a new player new is different than when I started. I mean, new players could be on Mission 21, collect enough Shards, and get Monarch. How much is that player going to care about Sawblade?!

In the future, I wonder if Shrine of Hope will fade and Web of Madness will rise.

Flag Post

Pretty good card.
This one is actually being used in faction wars.

Flag Post

is better than Bolster Auto

Flag Post

A HUGE +1000 to Gene reader. Against many mission it IS the winning card. (think about a protect all commander…)

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:

Scope Cannon looks cool, but I haven’t seen it used, and Speculus is certainly used in Quests, Conquests, and Sealed.

Speculus is just an insanely fun card, I love it. Not only is there the hilarious speculus-skimmer-daizon deck for copycat, but there’s something deeply satisfying that occurs when your opponent drops sabre then you drop speculus and rapier.

Also we definitely need to give some special love to quilled blaster for being such a dominating badass in HW sealed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by et1296:

Not invasion scouts :P

Flag Post

Perfs teached me how to use Speculus+Rapier, I trolled a lot of people in standard tourneys with it because the current meta is “Sabre everywhere” and its the ONLY imperial card currently useful… easy mimic with an extra feature.

Flag Post
Originally posted by go525525:
Originally posted by et1296:

Not invasion scouts :P

forgot about him

Flag Post
Originally posted by 00craigs:

is better than Bolster Auto

This^^
Oh, and this:

Gotta love the flavor text.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dvdwen:

Gotta love the flavor text.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/164742

Flag Post

well, its fine with the best commons and uncommons… we all know what we like.
how about a list with the worst rares and uniques?
that way my filters will be complete :P