Forums Tyrant

[DEV] 12/7/2012 Conquest, Shards, and Bug Fixes!

96 posts

Flag Post

Big update for Tyrant that includes changes to Conquests, Shards, and Bug Fixes! Everything is detailed below.

New Conquest Rules

- Guilds cannot attack if they have more than 31 tiles.
- The closer tiles are to the center, the more conquest rating they have. tiles range from 1 to 20 rating.
- Reward tiers are now based on Conquest rating.
- We extended the map and removed all level cap tiles.

We are planning on a map reset for next week. We wanted to make sure player’s have enough time to play with the new rules before starting over.

Flag Post

New Universal Shards

- All packs that required shards now require just the generic “Shard” (was once Awakening Shard) We will convert all players’ shards after release.
- Top bar now shows how many Shards you have as well as the max allowed.
- Packs on the pack tab have the shard cost rather than having to go through collections
- Quests are guaranteed to give 2 shards, Daily chance saw major changes, huge chance to get shard with minimal chance to get WBs, Energy Refills, Gateway Nodes, or 2 Shards.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed tournament showing wrong rankings/ratings issues
- Fixed issue that prevented players from playing in a tournament if their deck didn’t have a Commander
- Fixed issue that would make a resumed Surge battle a Fight battle in regard to “Do Again”
- Prevented characters that are not accepted in chat from being typable
- Fixed card ordering issue when adding cards to deck.

Other small fixes here and there but those are the most notable.

Feel free to post any feedback! Another announcement coming soon!

Flag Post

Nice big map

Flag Post

Will there be Rewards upon resetting ? like based on no. of tiles / CR etc…

Also, would phobo aftermath pack be craftable by Conquest Tokens?

Flag Post

Oh, more conquest..:( me don’t like conquest..

Flag Post

thanks DaWayne.

Flag Post

The universal is a good step forward , if it was don earlier some problems could be avoided.

Not sure what to tell about conquest though since i rarely participate in faction wars

Flag Post

Thanks alot for not resetting the map in the same step… :D
[/ironie]

Flag Post

It’s beautiful….. thank you devs <3

Flag Post

Thanks for the new shard system. It is much appreciated how the developers listen to the player base!!

Flag Post

Whoa… Occupation costs 15 shards? Somehow I missed that in all the preview posts.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlyssiaBenar:

Thanks alot for not resetting the map in the same step… :D
[/ironie]

What AlyssiaBenar said :P

Flag Post

Looks fantastic, thank you so much

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrHen:

Whoa… Occupation costs 15 shards? Somehow I missed that in all the preview posts.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/313766-dev-universal-shard-rate-cost-poll

Flag Post
Originally posted by DaWayne33:
Originally posted by MrHen:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/313766-dev-universal-shard-rate-cost-poll

Haha, yep. I just missed it. :)

Flag Post

thx devs, strip away our token rewards and make it so we cant fight for more tiles…
could you have at least cleared the map? i guess i shouldn’t have put it past the devs to mess this game up for us even more.

we are now sitting ducks and we dont even have an opportunity to improve ourselves. i swear to god im going to rage quit this game.

Flag Post

Very nice work, thanks!!

Flag Post

AMAZING! Great job devs nice to see the voice of the playerbase is being heard as a helpful option to making the game better :) Thanks, and once again great job appreciate the hard work!! :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by sheepwshotguns:

could you have at least cleared the map? i guess i shouldn’t have put it past the devs to mess this game up for us even more.

We are planning on a map reset for next week. We wanted to make sure player’s have enough time to play with the new rules before starting over.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Belanar:

Problem is: “players” can’t play with the new rules, as factions with 31 or more tiles can’t do anything :P

Flag Post

thx devs, strip away our token rewards and make it so we cant fight for more tiles..

Flag Post

13 out of 14 top factions get less conquest tokens now than before and hardly any chance to get max, beacuse max is only possible with the 20 CR tile. Nice hidden price increase.

Flag Post

There’s a bug in which sorting on anything other than CR show faction’s CR as 0.

Thanks for the update!

Flag Post

Originally posted by DaPlayah:

Problem is: “players” can’t play with the new rules, as factions with 31 or more tiles can’t do anything :P

Yeah, I’m not sure what the point of waiting is. It’s not like the rules change anything that needs “playing with”. It’s just a bigger map and different point calculations.

Flag Post

Other small fixes here and there but those are the most notable.

Feel free to post any feedback! Another announcement coming soon!

You… you fixed getNewFactionMessages. You guys really do listen.

:’)

I love you guys.