Forums Tyrant

[DEV] 12/7/2012 Conquest, Shards, and Bug Fixes! page 4

96 posts

Flag Post

Is it possible that every faction member can see how many time is left till the next conquest?

Flag Post
Originally posted by PeNNst4r:

+1000000000000000000000000000000

Flag Post

so now….it’s NOT possible for anyone to get 8 tokens??cept maybe 2-3 insider faction?

Flag Post

Exactly one faction will be able to get 8 some 2/3 to get 7 some 8/10 to get 6 all the rest will be able to get 5.

How does the update sound now?

I will put it that way:

Overall more people will have access to overall less tokens. This is really what we have asked… You devs are soo awesome. It is HUGE cut in conquest token payout. And 99% of the factions with 25 tiles will have absolutely no motivation to try for 6 tokens…

You can have 5 tokens by getting 25 basic tiles. To get 6 tokens you would need to move to center and exchange 19 basic tiles to cr2 tiles minimum. Will not happen.

Originally posted by Con_artist:

so now….it’s NOT possible for anyone to get 8 tokens??cept maybe 2-3 insider faction?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DaWayne33:

Big update for Tyrant that includes changes to Conquests, Shards, and Bug Fixes! Everything is detailed below.

New Conquest Rules

- Guilds cannot attack if they have more than 31 tiles.
- The closer tiles are to the center, the more conquest rating they have. tiles range from 1 to 20 rating.
- Reward tiers are now based on Conquest rating.
- We extended the map and removed all level cap tiles.

We are planning on a map reset for next week. We wanted to make sure player’s have enough time to play with the new rules before starting over.

Make it 31 Tiles OR 100 CR. Also, make a few more “center-points”, places that have higher CRs, like, not the full-blown 20, but maybe points scattered about worth 10, raise the competitiveness higher. Also, Maybe something along the lines of, the longer a faction holds a tile, the weaker the defenses get overtime… like, lose 5 HP every 24h until it’s been weakened by 30 (a faction with max HP upgrades will have a tile they’ve held for 6 days become 100 HP, a faction without any upgrades will have it be 70 HP) which should also add to competitiveness. As it is now, a faction controlling the center 25 tiles would get 116 CR and only have to defend with 16 tiles with the middle 9 empty… not very competitive.

Flag Post

I love to see all the players from the top factions complaining… “You mean you’re going to make me work for my rewards again, I cant just keep getting them?!?…” It’s a game. Play it. You’ll be back to stagnation in no time. So enjoy the activity once you’re able to.

Flag Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLZ NOT RESET!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

Newsflash… Conquest was a beta.

A long ass beta, but a beta nonetheless.

All Betas bring forth change. Change has come to conquest. Those of you bitching and moaning are either not gamers by nature, or you’re morons. To this point many of you have reaped the abilty to get a free WB pack every week or so. Take your rewards, be grateful, and start prepping for the future…

To the Devs… awesome update. Thanks so much.

Flag Post

Edit: messed up the quotation remarks

@cslaci
How’s this an offence? The map will be reset later.
Be grateful you have 5 tokens/day. Most of us have been sitting at 0.

Flag Post

Changes look good so far. thanks for addressing the concerns.

Flag Post

lol… seeing the updates on conquest seems to be still as stupid as ever…the current is situation is that only the top group of factions can get all the meat ( conquest tokens) this is what creates a gaint gap between those in those in faction with conquest token to those who dont have. now with the addition of CR as the gauge of conquest rating…and have the more centre to the map, the higher the CR, this will all end up with the same ending..is just that top people who r OP enuf get gigantic pieces of meat while the remaining one get a scrap of it if they r lucky while having being attack by those trying to enter 24/7. obviously the conquest update is like a smokescreen… face it… it dont work…

Flag Post
Originally posted by imaliar:

Big update for Tyrant that includes changes to Conquests, Shards, and Bug Fixes! Everything is detailed below.

New Conquest Rules

- The closer tiles are to the center, the more conquest rating they have. tiles range from 1 to 20 rating.

We are planning on a map reset for next week. We wanted to make sure player’s have enough time to play with the new rules before starting over.

Make it 31 Tiles OR 100 CR. Also, make a few more “center-points”, places that have higher CRs, like, not the full-blown 20, but maybe points scattered about worth 10, raise the competitiveness higher. Also, Maybe something along the lines of, the longer a faction holds a tile, the weaker the defenses get overtime… like, lose 5 HP every 24h until it’s been weakened by 30 (a faction with max HP upgrades will have a tile they’ve held for 6 days become 100 HP, a faction without any upgrades will have it be 70 HP) which should also add to competitiveness. As it is now, a faction controlling the center 25 tiles would get 116 CR and only have to defend with 16 tiles with the middle 9 empty… not very competitive.

No, keep it at 31 tiles, as otherwise, a faction could have 100 edge tiles and no be stopped, making the whole thing pointless.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sheepwshotguns:

not only did you screw our faction over in conquest, but you also took out symbols like ~ for our faction chat. NOW you’ve gone too far!

on second thought, i probably shouldn’t make light of this update, because you guys seriously f’d this one up.

SERIOUSLY?? I cant use ~ anymore? What did the squiggly line do to you? ~ made everything cool, it made official instructions stand out in the faction chat. What am I supposed to use now -— a flat line? Thats just lame.. I can deal with getting less tokens, it wasnt like you could actually get something useful with them anyway.. But killing the squiggly line also kills something in me. A sad sad day. RIP squiggly.

Flag Post

I wonder what happens if you introduce a new package, get your 10 free shards but you have over 21 stored already. Will you get only 9 then or will those bonus shards add up with your existing ones above the 30 shard limitation?

I hope sb at the dev-side thought about that too.

Flag Post

Originally posted by tom2929:

I love to see all the players from the top factions complaining… “You mean you’re going to make me work for my rewards again, I cant just keep getting them?!?…” It’s a game. Play it. You’ll be back to stagnation in no time. So enjoy the activity once you’re able to.

Originally posted by maniacal_d:

Edit: messed up the quotation remarks

@cslaci
How’s this an offence? The map will be reset later.
Be grateful you have 5 tokens/day. Most of us have been sitting at 0.

From so much blood sucking those bloody vampires from top 10 have lost their mind….. i would soo much love to get 5 tocken a day, rater than watch the top 10 gettting 7/8 and im sitting with the finger in my mouth and can’t to shit about it cuz i got some friends and we are having fun playing in a faction which some buthurt ppl are attacking non-stop.. this is a game – it’s made to bring ppl fun and joy – don’t be obssesed with it, damn.

Flag Post

New Conquest Rules

That s so funny to see a conquest map in a war game with a limit …… That s just stupid to limit at 31 titles.
They are a lot of different idea to limit the best faction to have too many titles.

- 2 different areas on the map = less FP / conquest
- Make a support for a title (gold,…)
- ….

You can also say that a level 18 can’t declare a war because they have too many FP ….
The fact is to have a limit in a conquest/strategy game is stupid.
Only the fear to attack a faction or an alliance can be a limit.

Flag Post

What’s a guild? :p

Flag Post

Nice update

UniShards are awesome
Map Extend is nice
Conquest rating idea is great, BUT, you should increase global CR values (maybe just let 2 first rows to 1)

Flag Post
Originally posted by FieryPhoenix:
Originally posted by imaliar:

New Conquest Rules

No, keep it at 31 tiles, as otherwise, a faction could have 100 edge tiles and no be stopped, making the whole thing pointless.

Im pretty sure imaliar meant max 31 tiles or max 100 CR would stop a faction from attacking. Also, I love the ideas imaliar, but i would change the lose 5hp to a little less, otherwise love it. another idea i have heard that i really like is having a “command center”, or a tile with somehow unique abilities for the faction(maybe an extra 10hp per slot or the ability to switch the type of tile(poison or protect or whatnot)).

Flag Post

So I guess now the only change that remains to be applied from this DEV post is the Conquest Map reset.

When is this happening? Did they mean exactly a week from this post? Which would mean Friday, Dec 14? Ooooh the tension builds!!!

Flag Post

Before the second Occupation expansion was dropped, I was at 9 shards. After the drop, i openned an Awakening pack, and now only have 8 shards including the one i picked in the daily draw yesterday. Is there anything i can do about being given only 8 shards instead of 15?