Forums Tyrant

[Suggestion] Building decks instantly by using deck hash

29 posts

Flag Post

This is nothing crucial, and I know devs have other priorities, but what do you think about having a convenience tool such as this?

What I mean by this, is having a text box where we can paste the deck hash we got from fansite (or from our notepad etc) and be able to make decks instantly with it. And if the deck we want to build needs a card that is currently in another deck slot we could have a message pop up which ask us if that would be ok. I believe the message thing was suggested before by someone else.

We could also have “don’t ask again check box” on the message and ability to lock some deck slots. By locking decks, we wouldn’t take cards in conquest defense decks unknowingly.

This was not necessary before conquest when we needed only 2 deck slots to be active simultaneously. Now that the most of the deck slots are actively used as conquest defense decks, they have a different purpose than just storing deck information and having decks ready to use. In my opinion, given the amount of quests and raids, it would be nice to have such an option.

P.S: Maybe devs would go a step further and let us record deck information (up to 50 decks initially + 50 for 25 wb) in-game and recall them from a drop down box. And maybe they could let the instant deck builder be free and have deck recording option available in exchange for 25 wb. Just a thought.

P.S2: Deck recording is not like deck slots, they just record the cards in a deck, it does not take cards from card pool and it is not usable anywhere until you make the deck in a deck slot.

Flag Post

I like this idea, especially when all your decks slots are used like you said. Rebuilding them can be quite annoying.

Flag Post

+10

Flag Post

Eh, this will be of great help.

Flag Post

I like idea too, rebuilding decks is a pain

Flag Post
Originally posted by KidUrza:

+10

X10

Flag Post

oh so true would be super handy for my quest decks I don’t like to have to continually rebuild my decks for every quest, and I could tweak them better too.

Flag Post

+9001, either using the fansite hash or developing their own would do

Flag Post

+9001, they’ve started listening to our suggestions again so we have hope at least

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

There is something like this in the Elements card game as well. I’ve missed it horribly :)

+10

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

This deck hash is a 3rd party invention so there will be copyright issues if it was created to integrate with Tyrant fansite. Anyway, +1 agreement point for the suggestion itself

Also, Synapticon could create a deck hash of its own for quick deck pasting but I don’t think it’d as convenient since it doesn’t have fansite integration where all the top decks (and your own) are listed.

Although, even with self built hash coding system, you only need to save a hash code once if you want to quickly have an access to ready built deck (which would be considerably easier if there was in-built save feature or a notepad for deck hash codes)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

This deck hash is a 3rd party invention so there will be copyright issues if it was created to integrate with Tyrant fansite. Anyway, +1 agreement point for the suggestion itself

Also, Synapticon could create a deck hash of its own for quick deck pasting but I don’t think it’d as convenient since it doesn’t have fansite integration where all the top decks (and your own) are listed.

Although, even with self built hash coding system, you only need to save a hash code once if you want to quickly have an access to ready built deck (which would be considerably easier if there was in-built save feature or a notepad for deck hash codes)

To be honest, I think sss1 is all for integrating fansite stuff into tyrant, including deck hash.

EDIT: Also I believe the deck simulator developer created the format.

Flag Post

Good idea, I agree.
Very useful in a game like Elements.

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

This deck hash is a 3rd party invention so there will be copyright issues if it was created to integrate with Tyrant fansite.

Copyright doesn’t apply to algorithms. This is something that could be patented if there was no prior use (which almost certainly exists). No one is going to patent this. So there are no impediments.

Flag Post

Instead of this implementation, Devs created Vault, Reward Vault and Extra Deck Slots which allows you to create and store multiple decks in a similar way, but at a much higher cost than proposed free+25 WBs.

Don’t expect this any time soon imo.

Flag Post

+1410

Flag Post
Originally posted by Golden119:

Instead of this implementation, Devs created Vault, Reward Vault and Extra Deck Slots which allows you to create and store multiple decks in a similar way, but at a much higher cost than proposed free+25 WBs.

Don’t expect this any time soon imo.

I think it’s more for speed rather than convenience.

Flag Post

Devs want you to buy more cards. This includes copies of cards you already have. It ain’t gonna happen.

Flag Post

There are currently 860 unique Assault card IDs. I wouldn’t be surprised if the current deck hash becomes obsolete after 2 more (full) expansions.

Flag Post

Good idea. I’d even say this will solve my main ache with the game which is needing to build and rebuild decks by hand all the time.

Flag Post

Yes god yes

Flag Post

YESSSSS