Forums Tyrant

Righteous Warlord Event: How to spend your event points efficiently

18 posts

Flag Post

A thread for how to spend your event points efficiently.

Part 1: How many total event points will you likely have at the end (rough estimates without refills or lvl ups)?

Casual Scenario:
Per day:
1x Pip’s Judgment = 110
1x Quest = 100
4x 2hr tournament at participation = 4×7.5 = 30
1x 24 hr tournament at participation = 7.5
Per day = 247.5
Total (over 21 days) = ~5000 Event Points

Moderate Scenario:
Per day:
4x Pip’s Judgment = 440
1x Quest = 100
4x 2hr tournament at top 25% = 4×35 = 140
1x 24 hr tournament at top 25% = 35
Per day = 715
Total (over 21 days) = ~15000 Event Points

Hardcore Scenario:
Per day:
6x Pip’s Judgment = 660
1x Quest = 100
8x 2hr tournament at top 5% = 4×35 = 600
1x 24 hr tournament at top 5% = 150
Per day = 1510
Total (over 21 days) = ~31000 Event Points

Part 2: My suggestions for what to get

Casual Scenario:
1 Pip (2500)
1 Ram’s Head (1000)
1 Withersnap (500)
1 Ayrkrane (1000)

This will allow you to collect all the Event-only cards while picking up an additional Ayrkrane. Since the cards are not very good, 5000 event points should be enough.

Moderate Scenario:
1 Pip (2500)
5 Ram’s Head (5000)
1 Withersnap (500)
2 Necrogeddon (4000)
2 Ayrkrane (2000)
2 AZR (1000)

I have 0 necrogeddons and have stopped buying Homeworlds, so 2 for me :D

Hardcore Scenario:
20000 total Event points are probably more than enough. Stop grinding??

Please post suggestions below:

Flag Post

I’m already on my Christmas vacation, so I’ve already been partaking in some serious grinding. That means that I’ll end up with 15,000+ Event Points (without doing any tournaments). However, I don’t really fancy any of the new reward cards, other than for collector or curiosity value.

- Pip, Secret Arbiter — Too slow and no defensive skills (such as evade), therefore, it won’t displace any cards in the current meta unless it gets some serious support. If that’s the case then, why not just use a different (i.e. more effective) card in the first place, right? So, I’ll buy one for the collector value.

- Ram’s Head — Refresh and Cleanse might be useful. 2 CD is fairly quick. Weaken 2 On Attacked is a crapshoot; you have to hope that it lands on an active enemy unit down the line. Overall, a purely defensive card with very little offensive upside. Perhaps my biggest beef with this card is that it costs 1000 points. This card should cost no more than 500. Even so, I’ll probably buy three or four and hope for a future buff.

- Withersnap — My first impression, upon seeing Siphon 3 and a CD of 1, was that it was meant to counter Fear units (Sycophants, in particular). But, without any defensive skills (Payback… yeah, right) and only a measly 3 health, this card will likely be toast before it can make a difference. Having said that, it’s fairly cheap and seems like an eminently buffable card, so maybe I’ll buy three or four for spamming against Fear decks.

Frankly, I think the Limited Edition Artwork versions of AZR, Ayrkrane, and Necrogeddon are more useful than the new reward cards. I already have ten AZRs, so I’ll just buy one LE Art version for the collector value. Having extra Ayrkranes and Necros would be handy, though.

So, what’s the final tally…

1 x Pip (2500)
4 x Ram’s Head (4000)
4 x Withersnap (2000)
1 x AZR (500)
2 x Ayrkrane (2000)
2 x Necrogeddon (4000)

That’s 15,000 points. Good enough. (shrug)

Flag Post

This is all bad advice. They are trolling you and wasting your time if you read it.

Flag Post

There’s no optimal choice for spending your points because all cards suck and will never be used anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OMGWTFFFS:

There’s no optimal choice for spending your points because all cards suck and will never be used anyway.

That’s why I mentioned collector/curiosity value.

None of the new rewards seem useful right now. The LE Art cards are worthwhile if you like the new artwork, or want an extra copy of Ayrkrane or Necro, or if you don’t have Necro at all.

Otherwise, I agree. These cards are nothing to write home about.

Flag Post

1440 energy in a day, regardless of your cap.

1400 = 7 Pip’s Judgement.

40 left over. How do Quest if only 40 energy? HUH?

Learn to math.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PsychoRaito:

1440 energy in a day, regardless of your cap.

1400 = 7 Pip’s Judgement.

40 left over. How do Quest if only 40 energy? HUH?

Learn to math.

lol i fail. edited.

Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:

This is all bad advice. They are trolling you and wasting your time if you read it.

I agree. looking back, the only useful conclusion is this:

Stop counting after 6000 event points. Q.Q

Flag Post
Originally posted by ladolcevita:

I agree. looking back, the only useful conclusion is this:

Stop counting after 6000 event points. Q.Q

Completionists should stop counting after 7500 points. 7500 is the minimum to get one of every reward.

Flag Post

My shitty two cents: I am probably going to blow most of my EPs on Azure Reapers, since I only own 4 of them, thus saving myself a ton of gold. Maybe something ridiculous like 16 of the things, since everything else is useless.

Correction: since everything is useless.

Flag Post

Well, one of each for collection, then possibly up to 3 rams and 3 withers, maybe a 2nd ayr if I have the points, but one of each is probably enough.

total 11000 points-ish

TT

Flag Post

Yes of course they will never be used because the Devs never buff cards later so you might as well get none of them. Thanks for the advice.

Flag Post
Originally posted by floppynoodles:

Yes of course they will never be used because the Devs never buff cards later so you might as well get none of them. Thanks for the advice.

LOL

Yeah, you’re right, thats the bestest reason to get any card in the game! They might be buffed some day in the distant future, and one of the buffed ones might even become useful! Now go and spend all your money on WB for refills to get dozens of each of them!

Flag Post

Moderate Scenario:
1 Pip (2500)
5 Ram’s Head (5000)
1 Withersnap (500)
2 Necrogeddon (4000)
2 Ayrkrane (2000)
2 AZR (1000)

I have 0 necrogeddons and have stopped buying Homeworlds, so 2 for me :D

Its a bad choice for any veteran player to buy more than 1 Necrogeddon or Azure Reaper, they can be bought with gold and Necrogeddon is useless, so I recommend another Pip or more Ayrkranes (mainly for farming decks, raids, defense decks or quests :D)

Flag Post

I have serious doubts about this event. While the previous had some semi-viable cards, this doesn’t seem to have anything special. IMHO alternate art cards – no matter of their quality – should cost 1K at max.

Flag Post

Here’s a question to everyone. Which of the event cards (+azr, aykrane) will be the least bad in 6 months?

Flag Post
Originally posted by floppynoodles:

LOL

Yeah, you’re right, thats the bestest reason to get any card in the game! They might be buffed some day in the distant future, and one of the buffed ones might even become useful! Now go and spend all your money on WB for refills to get dozens of each of them!

now you are talkin’!

OMGWTFFFS we are clanmates?!?!

damn, I pay attention

still, there are good cards here. Not our fault you can’t see it because they aren’t so blindingly obvious as rapier, marrow, etc.

Flag Post

Here’s a question to everyone. Which of the event cards (+azr, aykrane) will be the least bad in 6 months?

Pip.