Forums Tyrant

[CONQUEST] People who do not want truce !

39 posts

Flag Post

Have you ever considered that there are people in your factions that want to keep playing ?
Did you ever asked them what they think of the truce before unilaterally decide that there will be a truce ? Because I haven’t been asked whatsover.

If the majority of the people agree with the truce, well I’ll keep my mouth shut but there are out there people who would like to enjoy their holidays having fun in tyrant. There are as well people who while respecting that you want to spend time with your family are not celebrating christmas and therefore do not feel any difference with any other normal day.

You might tell me to create my own faction if i’m not happy. Well if there is a top faction willing to continue to fight and have fun during this “truce”, I encourage them to keep fighting and ask anyone who wants to have fun – which is by the way why we play- to join them.

Flag Post

spend your holidays with irl ppl pls :p

Flag Post

I smell a fiasco stirring.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

I am going to spend my holiday checking in to the forum periodically to share in the drama!

Flag Post

I Am Going To Spent My Holidays For Ty*rant*.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Loop_Stratos:

I Am Going To Spent My Holidays For Tyrant.

fix’d

Flag Post
Originally posted by lol0lo:
Originally posted by Loop_Stratos:

I Am Going To Spent My Holidays For Tyrant.

fix’d

Flag Post

This better be good…

Flag Post

Flag Post

eh, I think it’s dumb too.

Is that many things going to change over the holidays? no.

Let’s play.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kixico:

Have you ever considered that there are people in your factions that want to keep playing ?
Did you ever asked them what they think of the truce before unilaterally decide that there will be a truce ? Because I haven’t been asked whatsover.

If the majority of the people agree with the truce, well I’ll keep my mouth shut but there are out there people who would like to enjoy their holidays having fun in tyrant. There are as well people who while respecting that you want to spend time with your family are not celebrating christmas and therefore do not feel any difference with any other normal day.

You might tell me to create my own faction if i’m not happy. Well if there is a top faction willing to continue to fight and have fun during this “truce”, I encourage them to keep fighting and ask anyone who wants to have fun – which is by the way why we play- to join them.

You’re welcome to keep trying to fight people in conquest during the holidays. Just be prepared to get kicked out of your alt faction when Phil/Bama returns.

Originally posted by floppynoodles:

eh, I think it’s dumb too.

Is that many things going to change over the holidays? no.

Let’s play.

You don’t have a choice.

Flag Post

Is that many things going to change over the holidays?

The heathen factions will destroy the Christian factions and the Santa Claus factions.

Conquest Beta 1.0 was introduced on 14 Sep 2012. Rosh Hashanah began on 16 Sep 2012 and Yom Kippor ended on 26 Sep 2012, of course. (I’m sure you knew that Judiasm’s two holiest days were 10 days apart.) I wasn’t involved in Conquest back then, but I don’t recall a 10-day truce, or even a Yom Kippur truce. (Which is a little ironic, since Yom Kippur is the Day of Atonement—that might be the best day of the entire year for a truce.)

On the other hand, I am almost positive that we had a three-day truce in late October to observe Eid al-Adha, but I just can’t find the forum thread about that agreement.

Since Conquest can be tedious, I think most of us will be happy when 农历新年 (Chinese New Year) arrives and we get an entire week of truce (9 Feb to 15 Feb, 2013). I mean, almost 2 billion people celebrate that week, so Tyrant should be pretty dead, and like someone else said—spend the holidays with your family, not on Tyrant.

</satire>

I really don’t care about the truce one way or the other. But since some people think it is obvious that Tyrant players would have a truce during some of the last days of the Gregorian calendar, this seemed like a good opportunity to point out that not all Tyrant players come from Hellenistic/Christian-dominated cultures, and that, in fact, if you ask most people in the world, “What is 25 December 2012?”, they will answer, “Tuesday” and not mention anything about religion.

Before you can be kind to other people, you must be able to see the world from their eyes.

Happy Winter Solstice! And Merry Restart of the Gregorian Calendar!

Flag Post

I think a good day to all a truce would be on 11/11.

Flag Post

Did you really expect anything else… I mean, c’mon… ’tis Tyrant ^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by WeltraumAmy:

I was expecting this to pass plainly by with little to no drama, instead there will be some other event which catches everybody’s attention.

Fun fact – a few hours ago, this happened.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WeltraumAmy:

I was expecting this to pass plainly by with little to no drama, instead there will be some other event which catches everybody’s attention.

Fun fact – a few hours ago, this happened.

Who is that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:

Is that many things going to change over the holidays?

The heathen factions will destroy the Christian factions and the Santa Claus factions.

Conquest Beta 1.0 was introduced on 14 Sep 2012. Rosh Hashanah began on 16 Sep 2012 and Yom Kippor ended on 26 Sep 2012, of course. (I’m sure you knew that Judiasm’s two holiest days were 10 days apart.) I wasn’t involved in Conquest back then, but I don’t recall a 10-day truce, or even a Yom Kippur truce. (Which is a little ironic, since Yom Kippur is the Day of Atonement—that might be the best day of the entire year for a truce.)

On the other hand, I am almost positive that we had a three-day truce in late October to observe Eid al-Adha, but I just can’t find the forum thread about that agreement.

Since Conquest can be tedious, I think most of us will be happy when 农历新年 (Chinese New Year) arrives and we get an entire week of truce (9 Feb to 15 Feb, 2013). I mean, almost 2 billion people celebrate that week, so Tyrant should be pretty dead, and like someone else said—spend the holidays with your family, not on Tyrant.

</satire>

I really don’t care about the truce one way or the other. But since some people think it is obvious that Tyrant players would have a truce during some of the last days of the Gregorian calendar, this seemed like a good opportunity to point out that not all Tyrant players come from Hellenistic/Christian-dominated cultures, and that, in fact, if you ask most people in the world, “What is 25 December 2012?”, they will answer, “Tuesday” and not mention anything about religion.

Before you can be kind to other people, you must be able to see the world from their eyes.

Since you used the opportunity to let us know what is probably blindly obvious to most, I will use this opportunity to let you know something that should be equally obvious: The people who put the truce together do see value in those times being spent elsewhere, enough so that they came to an agreement. This is no endoresement of any special day, it is simply a reality for those in the particular factions.

But I understand, it can be tough to see from a high horse what may motivate us plebes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MSUSpartan3096:

Who is that?

Us :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by lol0lo:

spend your holidays with irl ppl pls :p

spend your life with irl ppl pls :p

Flag Post

Who is that?

Don’t know who us is champ…I quitz remember??? Can you tell me who you are and what factions attacked :)

Flag Post

Who is that?

Don’t know who us is champ…I quitz remember??? Can you tell me who you are and what factions attacked :)

Warlike Brother.
Time Surge is Shini, Northern Mimic is Noobz, Eastern Mimic is Italian, Regular tile is X-Com.

Flag Post

Who is that?

Warlike Brother.
Time Surge is Shini, Northern Mimic is Noobz, Eastern Mimic is Italian, Regular tile is X-Com.

Is that your guys’ last 4 tiles?

Flag Post
Originally posted by BillMoor:
Originally posted by hunterhogan:

(removed my obligatory text wall)

</satire>

Since you used the opportunity to let us know what is probably blindly obvious to most, I will use this opportunity to let you know something that should be equally obvious: The people who put the truce together do see value in those times being spent elsewhere, enough so that they came to an agreement. This is no endoresement of any special day, it is simply a reality for those in the particular factions.

But I understand, it can be tough to see from a high horse what may motivate us plebes.

My horse is Christian, and she is in favor of the truce. So when the leaders of the major factions told the plebes that there will be a truce whether the normal faction members wanted it or whether the lower factions wanted it, she was happy that the small group of people that have the ability to declare Conquest wars issued the decree to the Tyrant plebians. What’s the point of having power if you don’t use it?

Again, I don’t care about the truce. And I don’t care about the power structure in Tyrant, either. And even though my horse cares, we still get along great.

Flag Post

Who is that?

Warlike Brother.

No. But they’re the only ones we have in the center.

Flag Post

Who is that?

Warlike Brother.

No. But they’re the only ones we have in the center.

lol….baby jesus is dissapoint!