Forums Tyrant

[CONQUEST] People who do not want truce ! page 2

39 posts

Flag Post

Yo dawg, i heard that u like QQ, so i make a QQ in a QQ thread

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:
Originally posted by floppynoodles:

Is that many things going to change over the holidays?

The heathen factions will destroy the Christian factions and the Santa Claus factions.

Conquest Beta 1.0 was introduced on 14 Sep 2012. Rosh Hashanah began on 16 Sep 2012 and Yom Kippor ended on 26 Sep 2012, of course. (I’m sure you knew that Judiasm’s two holiest days were 10 days apart.) I wasn’t involved in Conquest back then, but I don’t recall a 10-day truce, or even a Yom Kippur truce. (Which is a little ironic, since Yom Kippur is the Day of Atonement—that might be the best day of the entire year for a truce.)

On the other hand, I am almost positive that we had a three-day truce in late October to observe Eid al-Adha, but I just can’t find the forum thread about that agreement.

Since Conquest can be tedious, I think most of us will be happy when 农历新年 (Chinese New Year) arrives and we get an entire week of truce (9 Feb to 15 Feb, 2013). I mean, almost 2 billion people celebrate that week, so Tyrant should be pretty dead, and like someone else said—spend the holidays with your family, not on Tyrant.

</satire>

I really don’t care about the truce one way or the other. But since some people think it is obvious that Tyrant players would have a truce during some of the last days of the Gregorian calendar, this seemed like a good opportunity to point out that not all Tyrant players come from Hellenistic/Christian-dominated cultures, and that, in fact, if you ask most people in the world, “What is 25 December 2012?”, they will answer, “Tuesday” and not mention anything about religion.

Before you can be kind to other people, you must be able to see the world from their eyes.

Happy Winter Solstice! And Merry Restart of the Gregorian Calendar!

We can call this Tyrant Jihad!

Flag Post

I don’t believe there should be truces at all.

The average Tyrant player in a high level faction has no life, no friends, e.t.c., and thus, as the OP said, “do not feel any difference with any other normal day.”

People who have lives are a minority, why should they be decide what their respective factions do in such a matter as this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eonian:

The average Tyrant player in a high level faction has no life, no friends, e.t.c., and thus, as the OP said, “do not feel any difference with any other normal day.”

People who have lives are a minority, why should they be decide what their respective factions do in such a matter as this?

Flag Post

Come on guys ! I’m sure you want drama !

Break the truce !

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kixico:

Come on guys ! I’m sure you want drama !

Break the truce !

You know, I really do not feel like it.
I do expect something big to happen though, just not related to this.

Flag Post

real men don’t make truce

Flag Post
Originally posted by MSUSpartan3096:
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

Who is that?

Us :P

Don’t know who us is champ…I quitz remember??? Can you tell me who you are and what factions attacked :)

Warlike Brother.
Time Surge is Shini, Northern Mimic is Noobz, Eastern Mimic is Italian, Regular tile is X-Com.

Is that your guys’ last 4 tiles?

No. But they’re the only ones we have in the center.

lol….baby jesus is dissapoint!

Korean Jesus is dissapointed!

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:
Originally posted by floppynoodles:

Is that many things going to change over the holidays?

The heathen factions will destroy the Christian factions and the Santa Claus factions.

Conquest Beta 1.0 was introduced on 14 Sep 2012. Rosh Hashanah began on 16 Sep 2012 and Yom Kippor ended on 26 Sep 2012, of course. (I’m sure you knew that Judiasm’s two holiest days were 10 days apart.) I wasn’t involved in Conquest back then, but I don’t recall a 10-day truce, or even a Yom Kippur truce. (Which is a little ironic, since Yom Kippur is the Day of Atonement—that might be the best day of the entire year for a truce.)

On the other hand, I am almost positive that we had a three-day truce in late October to observe Eid al-Adha, but I just can’t find the forum thread about that agreement.

Since Conquest can be tedious, I think most of us will be happy when 农历新年 (Chinese New Year) arrives and we get an entire week of truce (9 Feb to 15 Feb, 2013). I mean, almost 2 billion people celebrate that week, so Tyrant should be pretty dead, and like someone else said—spend the holidays with your family, not on Tyrant.

</satire>

I really don’t care about the truce one way or the other. But since some people think it is obvious that Tyrant players would have a truce during some of the last days of the Gregorian calendar, this seemed like a good opportunity to point out that not all Tyrant players come from Hellenistic/Christian-dominated cultures, and that, in fact, if you ask most people in the world, “What is 25 December 2012?”, they will answer, “Tuesday” and not mention anything about religion.

Before you can be kind to other people, you must be able to see the world from their eyes.

Happy Winter Solstice! And Merry Restart of the Gregorian Calendar!

based on what u wrote…. WHY NOT THE TYRANT COMMUNITY MAKE A HOLIDAY TRUCE CALANDER FOR 2013! wont that be awesome? :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by maalgard:

real men don’t make truce

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by parasockz:

+1

Flag Post

Lord knows that there is no better expert on being an “average” tyrant player than you. CAN I GET A WITNESS?

Flag Post

Lord knows that there is no better expert on being an “average” tyrant player than you. CAN I GET A WITNESS?

I say nay.

Because I am more average than he (barring the excessive postcount)